test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In all seriousness..

2»

Comments

• valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will never use the Auction house, everything is overpriced, and you can only use AD. 900k AD for a level 60 blue? rofl. time to pvp for epics i guess
  • ascher11tascher11t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    thedrakkos wrote: »
    Zimbabwe.

Then why is AD deflating?

iDv80e6BOiAFb.png
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    There needs to be something worth while to dump gold into. Its just stockpiling atm. Or at least allow gold to xfer to AD or create a vendor with more worthwhile items for gold.

This please. I understand why they don't have Gold convert to AD, then they'd have to regulate it tight (which would overhaul the drop rates and leash content in Foundry because of drops and farming), or the conversion rates would mess up the AD to Zen to Dollar ratios they are shooting for. But Gold does need to have a wee bit more in game value. Referring to currency ratios, I think it is way too steep to have 1 dollar = only 100 zen, considering what Zen buys you, also there are some countries that don't have that good of a real currency conversion to the dollar. As well, I feel like AD are hyper inflated, I felt good when I got like 130k from opening a few Nightmare boxes...until I realized that wouldn't buy squat. So I agree overall, the economy in the game needs some adjustment, as it stands it feels like they, PWE/Cryptic, are trying to recoup and profit in the extreme short term with the current price model, which makes me feel like they don't even have much faith in Neverwinter's longevity.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Founder AD will be worked out of the system in a month or two.

Look closely at the economy and you will see that it is designed so that it is possible to convert between all 3 main currencies: Gold, AD, and ZEN. This allows for multiple playstyles to be rewarded.

Refining your own AD is not the main way to gather AD. I have made more AD than the refining limit with a character under level 20.

The foundry grinding: I'm confused. Are you upset that the exploit existed or that they identified it and fixed most of it in about a week?
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Stop kissing ***. You are taking things far out of context. You are no better than a troll when you say ignorant stuff like this. What it costs to play this game the way it should be played, will cost you FAR more than $15 a month to play. So don't sit there and say "Oh well you're right, Devs should work for free", just so you can make someone with a legitimate argument who's complaining feel like an ***. What they're doing is nickle and diming and it's BS. So shut your troll mouth kid, you don't fool anyone and the Dev's won't do anything for your brown nosing.

Lol why in the world would I brown nose devs. I cerainly do not want or expect anything as you state. Clearly you are the one with the entitled gimme attitude.
  • nomufftootuffnomufftootuff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like this game. Ive played MMOs since 99 EQ1 and played pretty much all of em up to this. This game should just be a P2P game. This game is a Joke with the way the setup is. Ill never pay to get stuff in a game. Id rather farm / grind /Raid etc to get the things. I will play this for a bit more. This model Isn't for me. For the Fanboys that say its Free! I know it is. Id pay the normal 60 bucks and a 15 dollar sub.
  • pearofanguishpearofanguish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    For OP: Yesssssss... Yesssssss.... I feallll your anger... Soon your journey towards the dark side will be complete... :)

Will be interesting to watch the game mature, but I am having a blast so far :)
    Ignore me.... 90% of the time I dont care, 10% of the time I am indifferent....
    21.jpg
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    There needs to be something worth while to dump gold into. Its just stockpiling atm. Or at least allow gold to xfer to AD or create a vendor with more worthwhile items for gold.

No Thanks . You need gold leveling , that's it . I don't want gold worth anything after that , then we just get a zillion gold farmers . They will eventually quit when they realize no one needs gold in this game . I really like the currency model in this game .
  • seagle55seagle55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry. had to put this in here, it might have been said already, this game is free to play. (yes you might have bought a founder pack but you didn't need to)
    So to put it a diffrent way, right now you are screaming at a baker that gave you a free cookie cause it had raisins on it rather then chokolade chips?
    And the game is still in beta, remember? its not done yet so kick back relax and enjoy the game =)

*flies away*
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    No Thanks . You need gold leveling , that's it . I don't want gold worth anything after that , then we just get a zillion gold farmers . They will eventually quit when they realize no one needs gold in this game . I really like the currency model in this game .
    Agree completely.
  • alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »

Well actually, if you're a cleric you need gold to pay for all the potions you have to chug whilst every single add in a dungeon is chasing you in circles.
  • iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xsciasx wrote: »
    In all seriousness, what the hell is going on with this game. Gold is nearly worthless, the economy is already blown to hell with all the founder AD inflation, 1% chance to fuse enchantment shards, 24k astral diamond refining PER DAY oh and it'll take you just about the entire day to GET to roughly 24k. 1.4mil AD for gear that is barely as good as T1, the broken *** foundry grinding, I could go on and on. I'm SEVERELY doubting my $60 investment is worth it at this point. One week in and people have already broken the game, GG. I won't point fingers or compare to any other games on the market, but to say the least there is some SERIOUS work that needs to be done do this game. Call me a ****, I'm sure people are gonna post "QQ" or whatever, but its seriously ridiculous that a week in and I already feel that playing the game is pointless due to the inability to amount to anything besides grinding day in day out for a scant amount of astral diamonds that will in the end amount to nothing again due to the mad inflation. OH and the 360 coin companion for invocation? I feel sorry for the person who spends a year to get that let down.

Maybe just have fun and stop competing with the people that payed to win early game neverwinter? The economy will settle as more people are doing dailies and get AD. It is soooooooo obvious that I really don't get the point of this thread. Just play the game and stop whining.

ps: Avoid level 60 pvp for now though. Lots of PtW founders in there atm. Pawn them in a month or so. There is absolutely no chance that they know how to play the game on even gear hahaha
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sinborn wrote: »
    When you start having to pay 20 silver for injury kits and a fortune on potions, you will be glad that gold isn't used for anything else.

This.

/10char
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • wonderbread90wonderbread90 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you guys really having trouble making gold? Where can I buy the companions to sell on the AH? I make so much gold its insane.
  • upskirtupskirt Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    in all seriousness.... holy **** OP it's like you've never played an mmo before... sit down and shut up. just because you can go into a forum and spout of nonsense doesn't mean you should.