test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auction House Bugs ....

kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
The auction house is one huge, broken feature.

- Level search doesn't work.
- Ascending/Descending search doesn't work
- Should be an option to only display items with buyouts.

- Bidding system is broken, as well. Last night, tried to snipe an auction, and it literally started counting down "Time remaining -1s, -2s, -3s" .... right up to -2m, until I eventually stopped wasting my time with this stupid, broken feature.

Please list any other bugs you have been experiencing with the Auction House System, and lets try to keep this bumped and alive for Cryptic to see.
Post edited by kimmurieloblodra on

Comments

• draconianumdraconianum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    +1
    i hope this g work soon =D
  • mtabsmtabs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just bought 3 items and only received one of them ;-;
  • baywen#0543 baywen Member Posts: 12 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Hi Kimmurieloblodra. Thank you for reporting these issues.

Were you using the Gateway Auction House or in-game Auction House?
  • bombonierkabombonierka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can not post new threads so im going to write it here, hope someone make thread instead of me.

Here's the situation:
    When i was loggin out from the game my companion was during the training, when i logged in she was summoned and was following me but her portait wasn't showed next to my like it should be so i dissmissed her and summoned once again. Result? I have two twin companions, proof:

screenshot2013050320522.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Game nickname: Blufus
    Server: Behemoth
    Date and time: 03 May 2013 9pm Poland
    edited May 2013
    Bombonierka, thank you for your post. We've been trying to track down this issue and your repro steps are greatly appreciated.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Kimmurieloblodra. Thank you for reporting these issues.

Were you using the Gateway Auction House or in-game Auction House?

In-game, mostly, but most of the issues occur on the gateway, as well.

The bid sniping thing was the worst. I was trying to buy something and set a timer on my phone for 2 minutes before the auction ended. I waited until 1 second, put up a hefty bid, it said "you're winning" and then the timer went on to negative integers. The whole thing screams shenanigans.

As for the sorts, none of them work. You click on the arrow, change it to descending, and get results like this :

Like, seriously, fix your comparator classes or your SQL or whatever. That just screams sloppy dev work.

Level Search, I haven't played around with enough, but at first glance, it's as if the filters plain don't work.

The buyout checkbox is more of a Quality of Life enhancement, more than a bug.

Anything else i can do to help, let me know.
  • withoutmagicwithoutmagic Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's nothing in comparison to paying for stuff, at buy out, getting the mail and not getting any items. :)
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's nothing in comparison to paying for stuff, at buy out, getting the mail and not getting any items. :)

This as well.

While I was trying to snipe the auction, I wasn't refunded all of the bids when I was outbid. I just don't want to look like I'm doing this for a few measly AD, I rather get the other issues fixed ATM so I can simply use the AH.
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The AH Gateway has issues as well. If this is irrelevant for this topic then please delete it.
    ==Gateway Chrome 26.0.1410.65 Mac==
    • The Sort is only remembering the Highest to Lowest even when I change it.
    • Filtering with both options checked can still produce items outside my crafting range.
    • 400 Items is the maximum number of items anyone can see (in game and gateway). If you really plan on merging the servers, you'll want to bump this up to unlimited.

Sort by Quality is completely bugged.
    • All Quality - works
    • Common - I can see Common & Uncommon (within the 400 item limit)
    • Uncommon - I can see Common only
    • Rare - I can see Uncommon (within the 400 item limit)
    • Vary Rare - I see Rare only

Sort by Price
    • When sorting by bid/buyout the price sorts by the left most digit. I see 1,000,000 then 20,000 then 200,000.
    • Expired In doesn't sort at all

==iPhone with Chrome Browser 26.0.1410.53==
    • The Gateway on my iPhone is just as it was before the previous fix. when I tap it will do a double tap. Meaning I'll tap on an Asset to add (button) and it'll automatically add whatever Asset was in the same exact spot, all with one tap.

==In Game==
    • When selecting an Asset to use, Assets that are being used are still listed but greyed out.
    • When selecting Filter: Hide Higher Level Task I'm still seeing task upward of +2 levels. IE I'm level 11 Leadership and I'm seeing Lv12 & Lv13 Task.
    • When adjusting the width of the columns (Seller, Expires In, Current Bid) the columns reset.
    • When I've placed a bid that I'm no longer winning, the item changes to the default "Current Bid" and not "Outbid!" in the Browse Tab. This is working in the My Bids tab.

==Mailbox From Auction House==
      When I receive a mail from the Auction House I often see 2 mails per item. I see From: Auction House but I also see another mail From: Auction House@Jetah. When deleting either, they both are removed. The 2nd mail @Jetah one has items.
    • When I'm outbid and the client is using a different language, I receive a mail in said Language. IE i've received mails in french stating i've lost a bid and diamonds were included.

==Both maybe Suggestion==
    • I'd like to option to surpress the Loot Box for crafting and just auto-accept everything.
    • for Quality of Life, I'd like to have the best asset automatically selected for me. This reduces the number of repetitive clicks needed.
    • Also Quality of Life if I could tell my people to continue to gather ore/make scales for a certain amount of time.
    • I'd really like an App for my iPhone, something that could Notify me a few seconds before a job is complete.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
    edited May 2013
    It's the perfect place to post this. Thank you, Jetah.
  • kingofchinkingofchin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    i have spent about 10k AD in the auction house and not got any of the items i bought is this fixed yet because i dont want to waste anymore AD
  • daniorddaniord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I purchased a couple items on the AH, heard the little cha-ching sound and toddled off to the mail to pick them up. Nothing in the mail. Went back to the AH did the search and it looked like the items were still there so I bought them. this time they did go to the mail, well one item doesn't appear to have made it. Looking at my Astral Diamonds though it appears I was charged each time, including the item I didn't receive!! I've also sold things, gotten a mail from the AH and no Astral Diamonds are attached. A couple of times I saw they were attached, logged on a different character to pick them up and then they are no longer on the mail. What the heck is going on here and is there a way to go back through the logs and refund these charges!? For a FTP and the way real $$ can be involved this is not good for business!
  • ladyshaie1ladyshaie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I checked my mail after logging in because I'd placed items on the AH via the Gateway & they were no longer showing (as they were pants & sleeves I was certain they'd sold). I'd also purchased an item via Gateway.

I opened one mail stating I'd sold an item & there were 135 AD inside. I claimed the AD & deleted the mail, opened the next which was the item I'd won. However, the item is not there and the subsequent mails that should contain AD also have nothing but the message, even though they say that the AD (and item I won) are attached.

After reading Jetah's post, I decided to check my mail via Gateway and lo & behold! The item I purchased & 3 sets of AD are visible via my mail in Gateway. It says I need to log in to get my mail, but I am already logged in & the items/AD are not there. I'm going to try relogging & see if they show up. If not... What should I do? Just leave the mails as they are & put in a ticket?

AHA! Upon closer inspection, it would seem that I have THREE sets of mails for THE SAME THINGS. The first set reads, "From: Auction House" and those have no contents. The second set reads, "From: @Auction House" and they have no contents either (except the text, both sets have the text indicating a sale or an item won). The third set reads, "From: Auction House@<myhandle>" and those contain both text AND item/AD.

For reference I REALLY REALLY like getting my items/AD in the mail; this way I know I am getting them. I don't need 3 mails to tell me they're there somewhere, though.
  • dravo1dravo1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As far as sniping, wouldn't it be a better system to make it more like a true auction? If a bid is made on an item in the last 2 minutes, reset the timer to 2 minutes.
  • lawionslawions Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The AH is like a broken vending machine that eats your money at the moment... I get all the mail that I received or sold something, but in only 10% of the cases do I get the items/AD. Quite frustrating, especially since I just put a lot of valuable stuff in that there...
  • marokkrellmarokkrell Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't had so much issues with receiving items from AH. My biggest issues is sorting by level, it doesn't work at all.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

~Napoleon Bonaparte
  • theyuttytheyutty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can confirm putting in level requirements using the regular auction house does nothing
  • foxtrot302foxtrot302 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd also like to add that I've experienced the same sorting issues as everyone else. If you attempt to sort by pretty much any criteria, it does not sort them correctly (like trying to sort by ending soonest, etc). It would also be awesome to be able to sort by buyout price, which is not a current option. I've also noticed that I am unable to search for bags at all from within the game. When I click on the Bags button, it just shows me a list of everything that is posted. When I try to access it from the web gateway, this works perfectly.

And I've got two suggestions that would make the Auction House much easier to use. One is that it would be great to be able to see a list of the same item from other sellers whenever you are putting an item up for sale. That way you can try to figure out how to price yours to be competitive. It helps to see what other people are charging for the item that you want to sell.

My second suggestion would to be to release an official App for both Android and iOS for the Auction House and Professions. It's nice to be able to access a mobile version of the website, but it's not the same as a full-featured App with notifications and sounds. In my experience (mostly with the WOW mobile App) having it as an App instead of a webpage also offers much better loading and performance.
    edited May 2013
    bump for relevance, more people with issues, this is getting frustrating, etc...

Maybe more people have some repro steps to post? I don't even bother with the repro steps, because if you just try to use half of the features in the AH, you will see how broken it is.
  • spacedwranglerspacedwrangler Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I second all of the above problems and a couple more that I don't think were mentioned.

1 - Some items don't appear to be posted or viewable to at least some users. One item is the "Arcane Crystal" used in crafting. There are other threads reporting these not being listed, even when the poster has posted one himself. Though there apparently are those that can see them. (??) Apparently there are other items that should be able to be listed that some are not finding with a search.

2 - The in-game AH does not show quantities of the items you are bidding on in your "My Bids" tab. So if you get outbid, you see the entry for say, an enchantment. What you can't tell is if your bid was really just on one enchantment or a stack of 10 or whatever. The gateway AH does show the appropriate quantity and is thus more useful in deciding if you want to rebid or not. I'll add here it would be nice to have an "abandon" button to cease following a bid when it goes too high for your taste.

I think I had more to add, and am sure to remember later...
    edited May 2013
    I second all of the above problems and a couple more that I don't think were mentioned.

1 - Some items don't appear to be posted or viewable to at least some users. One item is the "Arcane Crystal" used in crafting.

Bag of Gems. Same thing.
  • qp1976qp1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Selecting a duration of 10 minutes in the Gateway app doesn't work. It lists it for 5 days instead. Tried this with 2 different items and neither worked.
  • spacedwranglerspacedwrangler Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 more things:

1 - I have had several auction mail notifications come back in languages other than my own... one was German the other French, I think anyway, as I don't speak either. I think they were just "you've been outbid" messages, but don't know. Probably notifying in the language of the outbidder or buyer I guess??

2- When an auction sells successfully, you are only notified with the amount your auction sold for, but not what the item itself was. Would be beneficial to know what item you sold successfully.
  • slizzerecslizzerec Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump...Development team, please, I think you should prioritize the Auction house as one of the most important futures of the game. I'm not mad, just frustrated about it, because it's such a important future... :-)
    edited May 2013
    2 more things:

1 - I have had several auction mail notifications come back in languages other than my own... one was German the other French, I think anyway, as I don't speak either. I think they were just "you've been outbid" messages, but don't know. Probably notifying in the language of the outbidder or buyer I guess??

2- When an auction sells successfully, you are only notified with the amount your auction sold for, but not what the item itself was. Would be beneficial to know what item you sold successfully.

1 - Definite issues with the localization, and those aren't limited to the AH, I agree. Same thing when someone from another locale wins an Inferno Mount: this prompt should appear in my locale, not the winners' locale.

2 - I've noticed this too, and this would certainly be an easy thing to enhance/implement. You already have the ID for the sale itself, obviously linked via foreign key to the table that contains the item sold... not that hard to add the name column to that query and pop that into the notification
    edited May 2013
    Two things I found in patch notes:

Items - Certain Profession items, such as the Dragon Egg, now show up correctly in Auction House searches.

And they removed the 10 minute timer from the gateway. Fixes a couple of our issues.
  • mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The auction house is one huge, broken feature.

- Level search doesn't work.
    - Ascending/Descending search doesn't work
    - Should be an option to only display items with buyouts.

- Bidding system is broken, as well. Last night, tried to snipe an auction, and it literally started counting down "Time remaining -1s, -2s, -3s" .... right up to -2m, until I eventually stopped wasting my time with this stupid, broken feature.

Please list any other bugs you have been experiencing with the Auction House System, and lets try to keep this bumped and alive for Cryptic to see.

The whole fkin game is one bugridden mess but atleast the auction house should receive som priority from Cryptic.

Or maybe the whole dev team have already left for a three month vacation?
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adding what i consider a new bug:

==iPhone 5 with Chrome Browser 26.0.1410.53==
    • Auction House doesn't display time remaining.
      • includes both browse and bid tabs.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just gave up trying to get an item on the AH. The timer right now is -22m
  • cheadhest1cheadhest1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you guys aren't going to fix these AH problems anytime soon can you at least display each item's lvl on the listing please, it sure would make finding items around your lvl much easier, at the moment it's a nightmare trying to find new gear with very limited filters working..
This discussion has been closed.