test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ETA on training tome? companions

fylllsvinfylllsvin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Do you have any eta on the training tomes? I find the free guardian to be the best companion of them all but i had to park him and use my founder dog instead since he's only level 15.
I will not buy the extremly expensive ones in the store since i already used 90 euro on this game. (way more than i planned) and plan not to use a dime more until atleast a couple of months.
Post edited by fylllsvin on

Comments

• Options
    karremaniakarremania Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Would love to see those.

Not for that man-at-war companion (worst companion ingame for a GF), but the cleric-one.

I maxed out the 4 stock companions now, the Zen one is totaly useless (shield/lifesteal one) and wolf does stupid knockback. So would love to continue with the 4 stock ones.
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping they add it or least comment on a timeframe some day this week.

Although unfortunately upon reading the forums sounds like they may have some more presseing matters to attend to :(
  • Options
    daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It will be out when they feel enough people have purchased companions from the Zen Store. I mean they had the tombs in the beta weekends, but they vanished just as OB rolled around, so that the only purple companions you can get are from the Zen Store, or the Trade Bar Merchant, and if I remember correctly you can only get those bars from buying keys to open the lock boxes. You can also pray for 360 days and not spent any of the Ardent coins you get.

So yeah, just looks to much like a way to try and get you to spend more money on Zen, by making the only purple companions the cash shop companions.
  • Options
    banicksbanicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    I look forward to the expansion of them as well.

But I don't look forward to the complaints of P2W when everyone realizes to train them it will be a huge amount of AD or Zen.
    Oceanic Neverwinter Online Guild: http://19thbattalion.com/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    banicks wrote: »
    I look forward to the expansion of them as well.

But I don't look forward to the complaints of P2W when everyone realizes to train them it will be a huge amount of AD or Zen.

Meh...you're probably right. I expect it to be that way here personally. Well I expect it to cost AD that is.
  • Options
    fylllsvinfylllsvin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope they come soon and are reasonable prized..
  • Options
    martianmanrapermartianmanraper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    Bump so Cryp knows we're fiending for these tomes. Any comment would be nice, at least an acknowledgment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    randethcorinthrandethcorinth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another bump for "please put these in the game soon." I'm in the same boat. I don't want to buy the Zen store Defender Companion, I just want to upgrade my Man-at-Arms so I can have a leveling tank Companion.
  • Options
    krenkren Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By the time they release the books most people will be capped this is something that should of been available right from the get go. It's just a cheap ploy to get people to buy $30 dollar epic pets just another money grab is all if you want a pet thats capable of fighting along yourside in Epic dungeons.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump so Cryp knows we're fiending for these tomes. Any comment would be nice, at least an acknowledgment.

Not sure I get the rationale of them not commenting on this at all.

Then again they won't touch the numerous "need/greed loot issue" threads either. Which also seems rather silly.
  • Options
    toxuthattoxuthat Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just adding my voice to this discussion - please, please add the ability to train our companions. My (maxed) level 15 cleric is getting slaughtered on my level 40 quests; she deserves to train at my side.
  • Options
    papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gold companions are useless. What did you expect anyways... Was gonna grind the glory and buy the jagged dancing blade for 12k but not even sure what he is like..
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is really the only non-free feature I'd like to get. Too bad, it's not in game yet! ;)
  • Options
    angeloburton123angeloburton123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regarding the pricing for upgrade tomes: if they are anywhere near the prices for mount training they will cost quit a lot (can't log into the game to check because Server down, but I think it's around 700.000 AD?).
    So you will probably see lot's of P2W accusations if they should be priced the same as the mount training tomes ^^
  • Options
    rpgplayerrpgplayer Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hope these tome come out soon as well, cant wait to upgrade my companion.
    Don't be fooled by my avatar, im a guy >_>.
  • Options
    ashikuroashikuro Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    toxuthat wrote: »
    Just adding my voice to this discussion - please, please add the ability to train our companions. My (maxed) level 15 cleric is getting slaughtered on my level 40 quests; she deserves to train at my side.

Try the Mage companion. He stays back and dps' with aoe snare effects and doesn't take hardly any damage even though hes not super effective due to being low level.

It still *REALLY* sucks there are no other decent companions available for gold. Or, a second tier of companion for mid level characters for say 10k diamonds that could go to lvl 40. Instead you go from 2g straight to 980k diamonds or cash shop. Nothing in between. It's a game design fail at best and an unethical slimeball cash grab at worst.
  • Options
    rpgplayerrpgplayer Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this need more attention, so to first page it goes!
    Don't be fooled by my avatar, im a guy >_>.
  • Options
    baidusbaidus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fylllsvin wrote: »
    Hope they come soon and are reasonable prized..

Nothing else has been reasonably priced so far......
  • Options
    ooinnooinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashikuro wrote: »
    Try the Mage companion. He stays back and dps' with aoe snare effects and doesn't take hardly any damage even though hes not super effective due to being low level.

It still *REALLY* sucks there are no other decent companions available for gold. Or, a second tier of companion for mid level characters for say 10k diamonds that could go to lvl 40. Instead you go from 2g straight to 980k diamonds or cash shop. Nothing in between. It's a game design fail at best and an unethical slimeball cash grab at worst.

Doesn't matter if they were GIVING away the cash-shop companions. I still wouldn't take any of them. I need a one that heals.....and for what ever reason there's only ONE (don't even mention the Lifesteal one; it's a complete joke).

...actually starting to have trouble now outside of Foundry Quests.
    fs_pc.png
  • Options
    dornstoneshielddornstoneshield Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Given the reach on your GWF I don't see how the knockback hurts you. I don't run the wolf frequently simply because the GWF is too **** frail so I need a tank or healer most of the time...but I am leveling my wolf when I can and I haven't seen a problem with the KB...if anything it might buy you half a second or so as the baddie has to move back toward you...

Gang where are the quotes? Oh well..not gonna go back and add them...
  • Options
    dornstoneshielddornstoneshield Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Yea...if there was a healer in the zen shop I would have bought it by now. The tomes being missing makes no sense...the code exists since it apparently was live at one point...so why pull it? And if there was some kind of problem...FIX IT!!! Honestly...how hard can it be to basically remove a leveling lock on a companion?

Maybe I'll just quit actively playing for a year while I log in daily to save up for the only healing companion available to high leveled characters?
  • Options
    gallak7gallak7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump!

I need the tome now :-)
  • Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its ridiculous, I have had only the cleric and its been at 15 for days. It would have been lvl 30 by now I bet and all the XP has been lost all these days because they don't have the item for us to let it go past 15.
  • Options
    xiquatlexiquatle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karremania wrote: »
    I maxed out the 4 stock companions now, the Zen one is totaly useless (shield/lifesteal one)

I cant wait until people see me kicking *** with my lvl 25 acolyte with life steal on my TR.

I shall look on these posts and laugh as she is called op.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cool: You lose!
  • Options
    xiquatlexiquatle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    Its ridiculous, I have had only the cleric and its been at 15 for days. It would have been lvl 30 by now I bet and all the XP has been lost all these days because they don't have the item for us to let it go past 15.

No all the xp is lost because you are too cheap to pay for a better companion.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gallak7 wrote: »
    Bump!

I need the tome now :-)

Tomes will come out when purple version of the free 4 are designed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The tomes being missing makes no sense...the code exists since it apparently was live at one point...so why pull it?

Because purple versions of the common companions do not exist not the tomes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't run the wolf frequently simply because the GWF is too **** frail so I need a tank or healer most of the time

Peple keep saying this and as a GWF I never experienced it. I think the problem is with the player not the class.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xiquatle wrote: »
    No all the xp is lost because you are too cheap to pay for a better companion.
    Except there isn't a "better" companion.

--

Also the tomes are in game, you just can't buy them.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    yupp99yupp99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    It really doesn't make sense that the companions are limit to level.Really surprised me about this.