test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I would probably spend a lot of money on this game if the prices were halved.

1234568»

Comments

• elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nightmare boxes are the worst...cant sell and cant remove...and they take up my precious inventory space...guess I should drop $10 on a bag or two or perhaps spend about $50 on keys for the boxes?

It's annoying, but there's an easy work-around. Mail them to yourself and delete the mail.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    It's annoying, but there's an easy work-around. Mail them to yourself and delete the mail.

Please dont say these things on the forums, because as soon as PWE finds that you have a way to thwart their hand forcing, they will kill it.
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
  • trixiefantrixiefan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I know is I bought a fair few costumes in Star Trek Online and a couple ships, thinking of buying more ships when Romulans come but I'm not buying anything in this game, $20 for one blue boff(companion) what the hell is that, and outfits that cost $12-30 and are only usable on one character?

Admittedly I bought one bag with some left over zen that I don't remember when I got it, and have sold some Zen for AD when it was 499AD per zen but I'm not doing that again.

Yeah I think I'll pass thanks, if prices were like STO I'd own all the fashion outfits though. Looks like the old Cryptic games got to keep fairly reasonable pricing whereas items in Cryptic game/s(they're probably working on something new) out after the PW takeover will be priced greedy as sin.

Also I love the guy at start of this thread comparing virtual items in Neverwinter to a Lamborghini lololol now that was a good for a laugh.
  • fidalindidalinfidalindidalin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought the guardian founder for the items, but the lack of player made bags (we have Tailoring as a profession for funk sake!) and the ridiculous price of the Zen versions, makes me regret supporting PWE.

I was sold on the AD&D brand, and besides the item, class and skill names I can't see where AD&D comes in.

I play STO also (very occasionally) and the two games share the same layout. The in-game home page is exactly the same. Sloppy development showing lack of commitment to basic parts of the game.

The silly prices simply reveal that PWE are trying to recoup their investment as quickly as they can. It's pure greed, and it saddens me that so many games are being made following the same business model, funded by venture capital investors who just want their money back, leaving games desolate wastelands after a few months.

I'll play Neverwinter 'till cap and hope things improve, but on the face of it many things need to change before 'live' as this Open Beta (or Soft Launch, whatever you want to call it) is showing the world that the game is all mouth and only player-made trousers (referring to the devs relying on Foundry content to keep people playing, as the zones I've seen so far are tiny).