test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

@PWE/Cryptic - Quitting until GWF gets fixed.

undeadranqeundeadranqe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It's no secret that the GWF as of now, is for better words, complete trash. There have been countless threads, and posts on the subject of this class, but not one post from PWE. Even if they was to say there aware and are addressing the problem, I wouldn't be making this thread right now. But at the same time I understand it's barely a week of open beta, so these things happen. But until this class gets fixed, I ain't playing because this is the class I want to play. But right now, it's like playing this game on suicide difficulty with them.

Now first of all, I love the game, it has a very nice feel to it, and the towns look great and very alive, but the GWF is simply the most useless class in-game. People say it gets better at max level, no. They get better abilities and scale better, but there still below on-par with everyone else. Right now even a cleric has more dps than us. A wizard, can drop his orb, and posses the power of the pot noodle, and do more damage than this class. The Great Warrior Fighter can't fight things one by one, because it takes far too long because of the low damage, and sure we can round up a few and blast all our AoE, but apparently are 'Heavy Armor' don't do much, because your spamming potions like mad.

I level'd a rogue all the way up to level 14 without using 1 potion. With a GWF, your using like 5 potions per dungeon. Why do you think there are so many rogues, because half of them would play the GWF, but can't. Great Warriors are supposed to be the simple, high damage high defense, no non-sense of magic class, but right now they just charge in drink 20 potions while hitting there zero damage.

And another thing, when your out of combat and your sword is resting on your back, it don't sit properly on the 'Slim' model of humans, it goes through half your body and looks stupid. I have tried creating countless characters all with different scales (All Slim model), but no matter what I do the sword don't sit properly on your back. It only does if your character is Toned Default or Heavy. But I don't want to be a moving meatball. How am I supposed to look good, when it looks like my character is bugged 24/7.
For example;

2zpuwk2.jpg
^ This is what I will be forced to stare at the entire time playing a GWF.

How it's supposed to look;
687azl.jpg

So with all these problems, I just feel as if this class was half-assed, and with that in mind, why should I spend my time playing, sure, this great game, but with a broken class. Until this gets fixed I'm playing elsewhere.
Post edited by undeadranqe on

Comments

• Options
    gosysredpandagosysredpanda Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alright cool, see ya!
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's no secret that the GWF as of now, is for better words, complete trash. There have been countless threads, and posts on the subject of this class
    Sheeple.
    but not one post from PWE. Even if they was to say there aware and are addressing the problem, I wouldn't be making this thread right now. But at the same time I understand it's barely a week of open beta, so these things happen. But until this class gets fixed, I ain't playing because this is the class I want to play. But right now, it's like playing this game on suicide difficulty with them.
    From what I've heard, countless times, the GWF just has a bit of a rough start. Gets much, much better after 30-40.
    Now first of all, I love the game, it has a very nice feel to it, and the towns look great and very alive, but the GWF is simply the most useless class in-game.
    100% nonsense, in PvE anyway.
    People say it gets better at max level, no. They get better abilities and scale better, but there still below on-par with everyone else. Right now even a cleric has more dps than us. A wizard, can drop his orb, and posses the power of the pot noodle, and do more damage than this class. The Great Warrior Fighter can't fight things one by one, because it takes far too long because of the low damage, and sure we can round up a few and blast all our AoE, but apparently are 'Heavy Armor' don't do much, because your spamming potions like mad.
    Well, your single-target point is void, as, as you say, this isn't what the GWF is for. TR says hi. As for pot spamming, perhaps so, but that doesn't make you useless.
    I level'd a rogue all the way up to level 14 without using 1 potion. With a GWF, your using like 5 potions per dungeon. Why do you think there are so many rogues, because half of them would play the GWF, but can't.
    Pulling 'facts' out of your behind doesn't make it true. In fact, it weakens your point (if you had one to begin with). Leave this kind of sentiment out of your posts if you want people to take you (more) seriously.
    Great Warriors are supposed to be the simple, high damage high defense, no non-sense of magic class, but right now they just charge in drink 20 potions while hitting there zero damage.
    This is patently untrue, even when seeing through the obvious exaggeration.
    And another thing, when your out of combat and your sword is resting on your back, it don't sit properly on the 'Slim' model of humans, it goes through half your body and looks stupid. I have tried creating countless characters all with different scales (All Slim model), but no matter what I do the sword don't sit properly on your back. It only does if your character is Toned Default or Heavy. But I don't want to be a moving meatball. How am I supposed to look good, when it looks like my character is bugged 24/7.
    For example;

2zpuwk2.jpg
    ^ This is what I will be forced to stare at the entire time playing a GWF.

How it's supposed to look;
    687azl.jpg
    Clipping issues are a problem in pretty much all games. Just saying.
    So with all these problems, I just feel as if this class was half-assed, and with that in mind, why should I spend my time playing, sure, this great game, but with a broken class. Until this gets fixed I'm playing elsewhere.
    Bye!
  • Options
    kaos3083kaos3083 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Complete nonsense i made it to lvl 50 in cbt, im currently at lvl 30 on my gwf and i destroy pretty much everything..... i have 47 pots all which were picked up havent used any since prolly about lvl 22.

You might not like it but what we shine at is aoe damage not single target, we will never be rogues or have their damage and i say who cares i play gwf because its FUN to play not cause its easy mode.... Not to be a dbag but sounds like a l2p issue and with that said i say farewell and good luck in your travels.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    From what I've heard, countless times, the GWF just has a bit of a rough start. Gets much, much better after 30-40.

No, the only reason people think they get much better is because there so garbage early.
    Well, your single-target point is void, as, as you say, this isn't what the GWF is for. TR says hi. As for pot spamming, perhaps so, but that doesn't make you useless.

What a useless post. I don't expect to do more single target dps than rogue, but when cleric and noodles do more single target dps, there is a problem.
    Pulling 'facts' out of your behind doesn't make it true. In fact, it weakens your point (if you had one to begin with). Leave this kind of sentiment out of your posts if you want people to take you (more) seriously.

I don't know what makes you think it's so hard to believe. I only had to start using potions on Rogue when I got to the area, with all the orcs.
    Clipping issues are a problem in pretty much all games. Just saying.

No.
  • Options
    deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    First get past level 40 then we will talk again ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    deurkier1 wrote: »

Explain to me why a cleric can do more dps than us low level then we will talk again. I want to play this game for fun and see new areas, not try rush through everything to get max level, don't all of a sudden mean it's ok for GWF to be so bad at low levels.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deurkier1 wrote: »

The idea that people should tolerate a class being underpowered for the first half of the leveling curve went out with EQ.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    truedemonzutruedemonzu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of your complaints are learn2play issues. You will be doing more overall dps than a rogue in the form of AoE's at cap. That's assuming you know how to play, but clearly you need to work on it. You do less dps than a cleric because you don't have a solid rotation down, which is understandable since you probably aren't past level 45 yet judging by your points. I'm not saying I know the best way to play one. Nobody does. They're a lot better than you give them credit for though.
  • Options
    kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really don't see a problem with GWF, I'm at lvl 28 and having a blast. I place near or at the top on dps in skirms/dungeons. I even do pretty good on PvP (single target dps). I like the fact that the GWF is not a mindless sword swinging class, maybe the barbarian will be that class, when/if it comes out. Build creation and equipment choices matter for the GWF, true to DnD, I love it.

As for potions, do you have a cleric companion? If so you should be rarely using any, I don't always have it out and I still am running around with a stack of 100+ pots w/o ever buying any.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well maybe you have that overpowered legacy weapon or something because I don't simply see how what I'm doing wrong.

I go in dungeon.
    See 3 enemies
    Charge right click, followed by Q and few auto's and that normally kills them. Then when it comes to the Bigger guys and hexers, Even if I dodge all there big attacks, I am still forced to go melee range, using all my skills it takes too long to kill them I take damage and have to pot up. With rogue it's not too bad they have dazing strike gwf take damage and deal damage. How are you guys not using pots?
  • Options
    kaos3083kaos3083 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Well maybe you have that overpowered legacy weapon or something because I don't simply see how what I'm doing wrong.

I go in dungeon.
    See 3 enemies
    Charge right click, followed by Q and few auto's and that normally kills them. Then when it comes to the Bigger guys and hexers, Even if I dodge all there big attacks, I am still forced to go melee range, using all my skills it takes too long to kill them I take damage and have to pot up. With rogue it's not too bad they have dazing strike gwf take damage and deal damage. How are you guys not using pots?

The ones that do aoes or big strikes just knock them down or knock them back and the charge attack is terrible get rid of it soon as you can.
  • Options
    solthusx2solthusx2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's currently 4 speperate threads discussing effective dps builds for the GWF (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?182621-Master-List-of-Class-Builds)

If you're really intereseted in playing the class as it is now, that would be the best place to start.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heres an idea use a different class.
  • Options
    renegademarshalrenegademarshal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    GWF? Useless? Have you seen the GWF Paragon feats? The Sentinel tree gets a 15% armor shred per stack every time you crit, stacking three times. This is in the first tier!

You can increase the damage of all your allies by at least 150%.

You can't say ANYTHING about a class until you get to the higher levels. GWF are a huge asset to have.

And clipping issues? GW2 had them! Do you think a F2P game wouldn't?
  • Options
    deezilxdeezilx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are level 60 GWF's rerolling too. They are absolutely sub par but we all know PW doesn't really give a **** about balance as long as people are spending money.
  • Options
    zamerizameri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Remember! The GWF Is the only glass in the game!
  • Options
    morlizermorlizer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I realized that GWF was **** after lv 15, deleted that char and created a DC, much more enjoyable. What will happen now is that those who pain though to lv 60 after few months will get a boost and the class will be OP, then everyone will reroll to GWF and so on, same story different game.
  • Options
    guthan333911guthan333911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solthusx2 wrote: »
    There's currently 4 speperate threads discussing effective dps builds for the GWF (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?182621-Master-List-of-Class-Builds)

If you're really intereseted in playing the class as it is now, that would be the best place to start.

Thanks, I'll look at these before I decide to quit this class. At least theres one person on these forums that isn't a complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :P
  • Options
    morlizermorlizer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, I'll look at these before I decide to quit this class. At least theres one person on these forums that isn't a complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :P
    So we all are dicks and he's only half <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? LMAO
  • Options
    teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just sucks I cant really play the class effectively, no one wants to bring my GWF bc they dont even know what they are good at... nor do the GWF them self.
  • Options
    stormerstormer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I switched to GWF from my level 25 TR and granted I gritted with teeth through levles 20-34 or so but I must say it's the best decision I made in this game.

My GWF is now 42 and she's a freakin' powerhouse :)

This is how I picture my class after level 40

Manowar_kingsofmetalsalbumcover.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Still don't change the fact there bad. There 'Sprint' don't even dodge probably, it's bugged because half the time you still get hit.
    And clipping issues? GW2 had them! Do you think a F2P game wouldn't?

I don't care if GW2 might have 'had' them, they don't anyway. And if little things like this can't be fixed but they want people to buy Hero of the North pack with a $700 value (lmao where did they even get this value estimate from?), then that to me, shows they don't want to put effort, and nor will I. But I'm getting too ahead of myself, because I do enjoy this game.
  • Options
    masochist33masochist33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The amount of *****ing and feelings of entitlement that people express on these forums is laughable...its been in open beta for not even a week? Get the hell over yourselves...they have a million and one bugs and issues to deal with that are far more important, they do not work for you and are not required to respond to you, and they probably don't care about you to be frank....not because they are dicks...but because you are an individual among a world of millions of people playing their game...if its an issue and enough people are expressing problems with it then I am sure they will get to it in time...but before you make demands like your special maybe play the game a bit and try different things before you stomp your feet like a baby...its disgusting....I cant tell if half the people on this forum are "adults" or a bunch of whiny 12 year olds.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tl dr, looks like another "dear diary" post
  • Options
    teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The amount of *****ing and feelings of entitlement that people express on these forums is laughable...its been in open beta for not even a week? Get the hell over yourselves...they have a million and one bugs and issues to deal with that are far more important, they do not work for you and are not required to respond to you, and they probably don't care about you to be frank....not because they are dicks...but because you are an individual among a world of millions of people playing their game...if its an issue and enough people are expressing problems with it then I am sure they will get to it in time...but before you make demands like your special maybe play the game a bit and try different things before you stomp your feet like a baby...its disgusting....I cant tell if half the people on this forum are "adults" or a bunch of whiny 12 year olds.

There is a difference between being entitled and not getting what you pay for. If the investor (US) feels the product isnt what they thought it would be you see people pull their money out. It is simple business stuff when it comes to what your talking about, a business like this one will do what it takes to keep its investors. How quick will they change I dont know but it will or it will fail and lose out money they could have had if they had only pleased their investors, you talk with your money not with your posting.
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Still don't change the fact there bad. There 'Sprint' don't even dodge probably, it's bugged because half the time you still get hit.

Maybe you still get hit because it's not a dodge, it's a sprint... it's not meant to be a dodge at all, unless you sprint away.
    I don't care if GW2 might have 'had' them, they don't anyway. And if little things like this can't be fixed but they want people to buy Hero of the North pack with a $700 value (lmao where did they even get this value estimate from?), then that to me, shows they don't want to put effort, and nor will I. But I'm getting too ahead of myself, because I do enjoy this game.

GW2 HAS clipping issues, my little ranger's weapons were always clipping into the armor. My warrior's LS was usually clipping in and out of her back... unless a game places items far off of the character models, you'll have this type of thing happening. I'd rather it clip than sit a foot off my character.

As far as the monetary issue, calculate the cost of buying a premium mount like the spider, the cost to buy that many diamonds, items and character slots... with the ridiculously overpriced cash shop they have, I can easily see where they came up with the $700 figure.
  • Options
    boondocks3boondocks3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give the class time. I've only started playing on Saturday afternoon... I leveled a CW to 15, then re-rolled to a GWF and I am now 20 on him. I can tell you, the power drop off was pretty big.. and PvP forget about it... I get eaten alive..... however.

My GWF is starting to transform before my very eyes and things are slowly but surely becoming much easier. The first big change was after I received a companion which made my burning through potions almost non existant. Now Damage is steadily ranking up and things are starting to die a lot quicker.

If like people say once you hit 40 it REALLY takes off... I can't wait. I'll lifetime domination for early domination any day of the week.
    Jean Valvis - Trickster Rogue
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BYE !
    I love GWF . And if you would of rolled half-orc most your problems wouldn't of happened .
    You have to MOVE as a GWF .
    At 36ish you can spec them to do more single target damage , I didn't but a guildy did . So it is an option for people that want a more traditional fighter . BUT the strength of GWF is its ability to handle crowds, and you lose this if you spec for single target .
    We thrive in the ' holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> its a triple spawn ' moment when the other classes die . More mobs in a swipe = way more damage .
  • Options
    badwrongbadwrong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    I have a 60 rogue and a 60 GWF.

In tier 2 epic dungeons I score in the top 3 with both GWF and Rogue. Typically higher with GWF because tier 2 epics have WAY more adds.

Also the OP is just a trash player who refuses to consider that THEY are the ones doing something wrong. I will agree, other classes make it much easier to top the damage charts and level up with more facerolling on the keyboard. But by no means is the GWF not able to perform just as well as the other classes, it just REQUIRES a good player to make it perform.

Also, I got my GWF to 60 with just the wizard companion, no healer companion. If you spec right and play smart you will steamroll the leveling content.

There 'Sprint' don't even dodge probably, it's bugged because half the time you still get hit.
    Sprint is better used as an animation cancelling tool to reposition to maximize DPS. Once you learn to use it that way its very useful. Its not a damage avoidance tool in the same way rogue dodge roll is.

Punishing charge is the ability GWF get to be mobile and avoid damage. Its a fantastic tool in epic dungeons for avoiding damage and sticking where the DPS is needed.
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Explain to me why a cleric can do more dps than us low level then we will talk again. I want to play this game for fun and see new areas, not try rush through everything to get max level, don't all of a sudden mean it's ok for GWF to be so bad at low levels.

Because that's what D & D Clerics do...

As far as GWF, personally it's the only class I have enjoyed. Sure my single target damage is meh, but nothing is as satisfying as sprinting into a group of mobs, and mowing them down in a heart beat. Only class I have played that requires as much positioning to really work well. I expect it to just get better from where I am now, (level 25). Two Big Thumbs Up from me!
This discussion has been closed.