What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Feedback] Reporting Client Responsiveness Issues

Comments

• Options
    vanossxvanossx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alright dont know where to post this but ima post it here.

So i tryed to dl the new client.exe.. i replaced it.... now saying wrong password or account...wtf O.o.....

Could someone at least answer to why its doing this?'-' cuz im about to just uninstall until full game is done '-'

i cant be bothered with trying to log for 100 times and get no where..
  • Options
    mux30guymux30guy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am sure this has be mentioned but My game seems to freeze every 2 minutes, sometimes right away at log in. Sometimes if I wait 5-10 minutes it will unfreeze. Sometimes not. It say Not Responding. I have tried everything possible on my end. I installed the game on my wifes 8 year old laptop oddly this problems doesn't happen. The graphics are terrible but that because is just a crappy old laptop. However it never freezes or goes to NOT RESPONDING. I have a ati radeon hd 5700 vid card and Asus. I do not have this problem with any other high end games.

Can anyone help? I am not super computer smart
  • Options
    sandraocsandraoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tryied to login and after i do... game crashes i dont even know if its updated, cause in pwi it update automatically, what do i do? i already reinstalled it and have the same problem and there is no option for updates, do i have to do it manually? is there a link for it?
  • Options
    arch4ngel188arch4ngel188 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My friend just downloaded the game and it is continually crashing at the cryptic load sceen and he can't even get to character creation. Is there a fix for this?
  • Options
    omahacheddaromahacheddar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everytime there is a new patch I cant play my main character. I have to make a new character and get them past the 'intro' sequence and into the City, log out and then I can play my main. This is after crashing a bunch of times and force patching the game. If I don't make a new character and run them for a while I can't get into the game. Whats up with that?
  • Options
    omahacheddaromahacheddar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mux make sure your sound and video drivers are up to date. After the drivers...when on the login screen select options from the top right and select Force Verify and let it update. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    cybermarkcybermark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got an error "Unknown command timerRecordStop". What is the right command?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mux make sure your sound and video drivers are up to date. After the drivers...when on the login screen select options from the top right and select Force Verify and let it update. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Ok I hadn't updated my sound drivers, did that and force verify and still get not responding every minute or so. Any other ideas?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mux30guy wrote: »
    Thanks, Ok I hadn't updated my sound drivers, did that and force verify and still get not responding every minute or so. Any other ideas?

FYI, I can Control, Alt, Delete to task manager and close the game from there so it's not a hard freeze just the game. WHen I do get to Task manager is always says Not Responding.
  • Options
    aendaeronaendaeron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rosally wrote: »
    Is it possible the game client or the servers are causing my modem to reset somehow? I've never seen this before outside of my ISP working on something in the area.
    Disable Peer-To-Peer before starting. Your router cannot handle the massive number of ports at once.
  • Options
    kolld56kolld56 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a problem that is connected to client responsiveness I think. While I log into the game its all fine and dandy, but the game thinks I'm idle and offline. It happens while I change zones around lvl 5-6 always. I go out of an instance and then the game says I'm offline, I can't send a ticket, but I can see all those people that run around and play it. Can't interact with anything. After some time I get rubberbanded to my previous position and after 15 minutes i get d/c because I'm idle. I don't know if I picked the right topic or place to ask about the solution to this issue and I will be glad if anyone has a solution or can help me in any way.

I'm having the exact same problem. Happened to me for every character at around level 4 or so. Still trying to figure it out.
  • Options
    bazzak81bazzak81 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kolld56 wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same problem. Happened to me for every character at around level 4 or so. Still trying to figure it out.

I am having the same problem.
    Happened right after the tutorial when i enter the city in search of Sergeant Knox.
    Have tried with 3 char, happens on the same place.

Have tried to re install the game 3 times but to no success.
    Cant create a in-game bug report or contact GM. Have no chat so cant as for help or /killme

Cant find a solution to this anywhere, please help.
  • Options
    isshinshibaisshinshiba Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant post on the fourms, so ill repot this BUG here, control wizard class feature "eye of the storm" dose damage to yourself in pvp. plz fix
  • Options
    baseraperbaseraper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im having a issue when i finish to install the game appears an error: "Failed to Register with Game Explorer" and when i run the game appears a white window and nothing...

ps: i've installed this game a million times and the same problem always appears.
  • Options
    karnificoskarnificos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if this is the right thread for me, infact it probably isn't.

I have no choice though, because for some reason I can't create my own thread. Nice eh?

Here's my problem;

First time I played Neverwinter a week ago my AMD Driver stopped working and recovered, no big deal. It happened again a few days later, no big deal. Yesterday it happened 3 times in a row and the third time it didn't recover in time so I bluescreened, this happened again on restart. So I updated my drivers (properly, not an idiot). It's still happening. EVERY other game is fine, games that are much more demanding on my GPU etc. Yesterday I put the game into Windowed Mode and it seemed to be fine, but then this morning, it happens again.

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.
  • Options
    libertyroxxlibertyroxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bazzak81 wrote: »
    I am having the same problem.
    Happened right after the tutorial when i enter the city in search of Sergeant Knox.
    Have tried with 3 char, happens on the same place.

Have tried to re install the game 3 times but to no success.
    Cant create a in-game bug report or contact GM. Have no chat so cant as for help or /killme

Cant find a solution to this anywhere, please help.

I've been having this issue for over a week and have yet to see it addressed anywhere let alone solved.
  • Options
    rinxxramiirinxxramii Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't see the same problem that I am having where I log in and the game patches but when I click the play button the game crashes and is show as not running please help it only does this on the laptop not the desktop.
  • Options
    basch00basch00 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fatal Error: Error decompressing data. Verifying files in the launcher may fix this issue.:

Technical details: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: Bin/Damagenames.bin:"

Any ideas?
  • Options
    cherosenecherosene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a nvidia SLI with 2xGTX 670, with the lastest drivers (314.22); game works fine but if i set video mode "full screen" it crashes/freezes when I play any skyrmish/dungeon, but not in pvp.

If I quit the game and relog then i go in video setting and game is set in full screen, is not really: i can see sometimes desktop elements behind the game

If i set "windowed full" problem disappears
  • Options
    clanwolf1clanwolf1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont know if this belongs here but ... cant find anywhere else to post it.

Soooo I run the launcher.. it works kinda. When it loads up and gets to the login screen I am spammed by ads from my web browser which is latest firefox btw. Cant type anything into the launcher because of the ad spamming. Is this a game launcher or an ad spammer??? Seems to be a waste of download limit to me right now. I would like to try the game but I am about to give up on it as a big joke. Oh and I downloaded the game from this site. You want system specs? Dont know why you would need them for this problem but here goes: I5 Quad core 3.1 GHz, 8GB ram, Windows 7 fully patched 64 bit, Nvidea GTX 550 Ti 1 GB vid ram. That should be enough.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok. hmm no replies to last post. I now know this programme is not an ad spammer and could potentially be a good game if I could get to it. I have half solved the problem. If you are using firefox and getting this problem as well for future users: Go to Google and find their optout page. Go to the two pages that allow ad optouts and opt out of all companies. Their were 130 companies for me on one page and 96 on the other page. **** Google. Disable third party cookies inside firefox.

However while I now get no ads in firefox ... yay ... it does not stop the spamming of "empty" firefox pages 5 seconds after the launcher loads. Still not happy, I want to play this game. I want some answers tech guys .. please :) If I could have full access I would post this as a new thread but you wont allow me to.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Further update: I canplay the game. The spam issue is not fixed but what you have to do is to download the arc programme from this site. Once you run the arc programme it asks for your id and password and then logs you into the main server. Once there you have a list of games to either install or play. Click play for neverwinter. Arc then loads the launcher and autologs you into the game server. If it updates you still have to close the spam windows. But once you click play the spamming stops. Not completely satisfactory but at least it allows you to play.
  • Options
    highlander1highlander1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anytime there is a lot going on in the screen I get very bad lag that makes the game unplayable. I ran all the suggested tests and all my numbers are well below suggested limits. I then saw a post about disabling online patching and tried that with no effect. It seems that my neither my provider nor the perfect world servers are to blame. I'm also guessing it's not due to lack of computing power because I built my pc for gaming and spent around 1200 bucks. It's not a 1st rate gaming rig by any means but it should be able to handle this game no prob. could it be a specific piece of hardware? My buddy runs an older ATI card in his laptop and he has no issues and I am running a Nvidia gtx 660 ti pwr edidtion. the other difference is that he runs an intel chip and I use amd. what's the deal here guys? please help!
  • Options
    neverandreaneverandrea Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am from Italy UTC+1 the whole day 9-24 the game is totally unplayable (I cant even move) in any map I have see so far (about 12 char is level 11 beholder server) but at night 0-8 game works flawlessly and with good responsiveness.
    Since I don't plan to become a vampire to play this :D hope you can fix the problem somehow ty.
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uk.

'Server Not Responding' , continiously, totally unplayable now.

Should at least be a notice about this, get a emergency patch in asap!
  • Options
    derpngame1derpngame1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So when I open Neverwinter, it starts the start up thing, and where it says everything like "Patching..." etc. in the bottom right, it simply only says Patching, and doesn't do anything else.

I saw a topic on GD with someone saying the same thing earlier, but can no long find it. I had tried everything which a mod had said to do in the thread before I lost it as well, which included which is making sure you have enough disk space (not a problem for sure) restarting computer, and running a certain way, but alas, nothing.

Help?
  • Options
    crow2000crow2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fewzz wrote: »
    Uk.

'Server Not Responding' , continiously, totally unplayable now.

Should at least be a notice about this, get a emergency patch in asap!

Same here, game is totally unplayable. Takes forever for launcher to let me press play, then when i hit play & select a character it takes forever to login to the game & then once I get in I get spammed with 'Server Not Responding' and cant actually move or do anything & if i try to talk to a channel it says "chat is offline'

Wow really ?
  • Options
    neverandreaneverandrea Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am from Italy UTC+1 the whole day 9-24 the game is totally unplayable (I cant even move) in any map I have see so far (about 12 char is level 11 beholder server) but at night 0-8 game works flawlessly and with good responsiveness.
    Since I don't plan to become a vampire to play this :D hope you can fix the problem somehow ty.

After 2 days of test I have solved my problem here.
    I hope this can help other European player, in the launcher options set the proxy to US and check the Patch via proxy box.
    Now I can finally enjoy Neverwinter :D
  • Options
    hjw2748hjw2748 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know where to post, but the client keeps crashing. It crashed at the end of the cloak tower dungeon and keeps on doing so when loading my character "Rafael".

ok ... back in now .. got booted from the dungeon it seems ..
  • Options
    wadduppppwaddupppp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok guys i downloaded the game installed it on my computer it runs smoothly but when i try to install on laptop i had a fatal error about bin/commands and deleted whole game downloaded and installed again now it gets stuck loading at cryptics screen instart...
    private message me about how i can solve this pleaseeee