test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon queue & Loot system

tsatixtsatix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
First off, not to be funny, this is the most terrible queue system I've seen in a while. People can't get in at times even though they're just sitting in the city and waiting, but that's simply a bug and I am sure will be fixed soon. The main problem is the default loot system, lack of flexibility in the loot system, and the fact that a randomly chosen player can kick people at their leisure.

Being a considerate player and long time MMOer I know better than to roll need a piece or armor or weapons that is class specific and not for my class. Clearly a lot of the players here have forgotten dungeon loot etiquette and I find myself fighting Trickster Rogues for my Devoted symbols and Guardian Weapon Fighters for my helmets. There NEEDS to be a "class specific only allowed to need" default loot rule for dungeon queues. Everyone else can greed if the item is not needed, the system is very simple and common now and I am surprised and disappointed that this isn't in yet.

Giving a random leader of your group is not a good idea, ever, in a queue everything a party leader can do needs to be a VOTE option. Seriously this needs to be in like next patch.
Post edited by tsatix on

Comments

• Options
    primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    I completely agree that Need/Greed/Pass is simply inexcusable. It was a terrible idea 10 years ago and shouldn't be there now. You should not be competing with your own party in any way for loot.
  • Options
    badmotorfinger40badmotorfinger40 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree 100%.
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The que... I que and then go do other things. Not saying this is best, but it has been working out ok enough. If you have five in a group and que, to you go right in?

Need, Greed & Pass. There is always one joker it seems that will NEED everything (probably because they've been burnt already), so now it's about do they get all the loot or do you have to look like a joker to and need everything just to make it even? Messed up.

Random, non-ending chests. It's a struggle. I think it is setup for each player to open the chest and take one thing and then the next person does the same, until everyone gets a piece. But too many just do "Take All" and then it's over. OR you have a group taking a piece at a time, but others in the group just move on... assuming someone took it all and there is nothing else. Really? Really? This is a system? People told me a few times this was fixed, this isn't fixed, it's a messed up design.
  • Options
    acylionacylion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    tsatix wrote: »
    First off, not to be funny, this is the most terrible queue system I've seen in a while. People can't get in at times even though they're just sitting in the city and waiting, but that's simply a bug and I am sure will be fixed soon.

There are queue bugs, but part of the problem is a simple lack of tanks (defenders).

As a Trickster Rogue or Control Wizard, I have to queue...and queue...and queue. On my Guardian Fighter, the queues pop almost instantly. Every time.

I agree that the need rules should be fixed, and kicking should be a vote system. I doubt this will be fixed anytime soon, though, because Star Trek Online has had the same problems for literally years. But I guess Cryptic could surprise me.
  • Options
    acylionacylion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    If you have five in a group and que, to you go right in?

Yes, if you queue with a full party of five players you will go in instantly. You can also have less than five people and start the dungeon by entering via the actual door location on the map.
  • Options
    lesserboblesserbob Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    acylion wrote: »
    There are queue bugs, but part of the problem is a simple lack of tanks (defenders).

As a Trickster Rogue or Control Wizard, I have to queue...and queue...and queue. On my Guardian Fighter, the queues pop almost instantly. Every time.

I agree that the need rules should be fixed, and kicking should be a vote system. I doubt this will be fixed anytime soon, though, because Star Trek Online has had the same problems for literally years. But I guess Cryptic could surprise me.

I have only played a Guardian fighter, but wow, I have never waited on a queue. Instant in every time. I guess there is low tank population and a very high striker/controller population. Maybe they should also have an option for "sub-optimal groups" when you jump in the queue, meaning that as long as you are happy with giving it a go, you might end up in a group with just Rogues and Great Weapon Fighters, but if you are happy to give it a go the option exists and you can jump the queue.

As to you should only be able to need if you can use....Totally, 100% agree. I have no idea why it isnt implemented that way already.
  • Options
    lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The que... I que and then go do other things. Not saying this is best, but it has been working out ok enough. If you have five in a group and que, to you go right in?

Need, Greed & Pass. There is always one joker it seems that will NEED everything (probably because they've been burnt already), so now it's about do they get all the loot or do you have to look like a joker to and need everything just to make it even? Messed up.

Random, non-ending chests. It's a struggle. I think it is setup for each player to open the chest and take one thing and then the next person does the same, until everyone gets a piece. But too many just do "Take All" and then it's over. OR you have a group taking a piece at a time, but others in the group just move on... assuming someone took it all and there is nothing else. Really? Really? This is a system? People told me a few times this was fixed, this isn't fixed, it's a messed up design.

As far as the chests go ... all party members should be able to loot them of all items. They replenish just about instantly. There are some bugged chests but they're few and far between and seem to be heavily concentrated in the first instance that you do at level five or six, the specific name of which escapes me.

Lottie
  • Options
    kuettbull3nkuettbull3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with with you on the looting system.
    But vote for kick is just stupid. I guess you haven't played Tera.
    In Tera you get ******bags that mess up whole dungeon runs and you can't kick them because someone might be afk, they have a friend with them in the party or someone simply doesnt agree with you.
    If they introduce a vote kick system it's a deal breaker for me, I don't want to deal with not being able to remove someone for bad behavior or whatever the reason is.
  • Options
    exshinexshin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because they items aren't bind-on-pickup, the loot system works. It allows the other members in the party to possibly trade for an item that they can actually use. I can understand how frustrating it is for this to happen but at lower levels people shouldn't get so bent out of shape over an item that will be replaced in a few levels. At 60 you should be running with people you trust over a pug group anyways or set up a group yourself with you being the loot master.

I bet the people who are complaining the most are the same ones that ask another person of the same class to give them an item that they lost the roll for. Has happened to me countless times. "Hey gimme the item please I need it more than you do". And half the time when I don't they cry and throw a tantrum over it.

So to sum it up, get over it and move on and at 60 go with a group you trust or can control. Not like you can kill harder bosses with a random que group that don't know how to dodge roll to save their life anyways.
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive teamed and solo'd and crafted and my bags are so full of stuff I'm not even bothering to identify greens and just throwing them away. I really don't care about the need greed default system.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    lesserboblesserbob Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    exshin wrote: »
    At 60 you should be running with people you trust over a pug group anyways
    Im sure you have been MMO'ing a long time to make a statement like that, So have I. I used to be guild crazy and never pug, but my life has gone a different way and I find time occasionally to play, and really pugs are much better suited to me than trying to maintain digital friendships (I have real life friends, dont need digital ones) or meeting guild commitments and making sure everyone schedules are constantly in sync. I just want to run a dungeon when I want to run a dungeon, and I am happy to run with people who's timing match's my own, and that means pugs.

Whether you pug a little or pug a lot, pugs need to work, and saying "no pugging at 60" as a solution to design problems is a little limiting.
  • Options
    exshinexshin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lesserbob wrote: »
    Im sure you have been MMO'ing a long time to make a statement like that, So have I. I used to be guild crazy and never pug, but my life has gone a different way and I find time occasionally to play, and really pugs are much better suited to me than trying to maintain digital friendships (I have real life friends, dont need digital ones) or meeting guild commitments and making sure everyone schedules are constantly in sync. I just want to run a dungeon when I want to run a dungeon, and I am happy to run with people who's timing match's my own, and that means pugs.

Whether you pug a little or pug a lot, pugs need to work, and saying "no pugging at 60" as a solution to design problems is a little limiting.

Then don't expect to get the things you want all the time then. Also the dungeon que system for this game is wonky. The groups I've been thrown into have had no balance what so ever. I've even had one with 4 rogues and a gwf. So if you want it to work then somehow get the devs to fix that and tune everything down to make it faceroll friendly because 90% of the time pugs are dumb, useless, and greedy.

Edit: How you say that you don't need online friends? I've made lots of friends inside games and occasionally meet up with them outside the game and have a great time. Makes you sound like a jerk especially if there are people online who consider themselves to be your friend.
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    primerib41 wrote: »
    I completely agree that Need/Greed/Pass is simply inexcusable. It was a terrible idea 10 years ago and shouldn't be there now. You should not be competing with your own party in any way for loot.

Unfortunately, this gets brought up all the time around here and since the powers that be conveniently never respond to any of the threads about it I doubt it is going to change. God knows why because it needs to.
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This thread requires an official response. I agree with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grimleighgrimleigh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've given up running dungeons due to the fact that there is at least one person in every pug that 'needs' items they can't even use, just causes a bad feeling between group members. (These people also seem to be the ones that want to rush through the dungeon as fast as possible)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    grimleigh wrote: »
    I've given up running dungeons due to the fact that there is at least one person in every pug that 'needs' items they can't even use, just causes a bad feeling between group members. (These people also seem to be the ones that want to rush through the dungeon as fast as possible)

I doubt you're alone. Which is a shame. God knows the bickering gets tiring when you have one of these idiots in your group that does this as others start flaming him.
  • Options
    freekjanfreekjan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Needing everything is one thing. Yesterday one of my guild members played a public epic dungeon. Upon killing last boss, the group leader just kicked everyone out of the group before they could loot the final drop, so no one had a chance except for the leader.

needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    freekjan wrote: »
    Needing everything is one thing. Yesterday one of my guild members played a public epic dungeon. Upon killing last boss, the group leader just kicked everyone out of the group before they could loot the final drop, so no one had a chance except for the leader.

needs to be fixed.

Wow wtf? You serious? Someone should seriously report that scum.
  • Options
    jfoodjfood Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't lose rolls on class specific items.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    freekjan wrote: »

needs to be fixed.

Why report them? Cryptic has designed it to work this way, it will not change. As long as this loot system is in place people will need roll on purples, regardless of if they can use it or not. I always roll on purples, they sell very well on the auction for astral diamonds. It is not a bug, it is working as PWE intended it too. :)
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jfood wrote: »

Yes you can :) I have need rolled on purples that were not for my class, yet I still won it against the person it was for...
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    jfoodjfood Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    Yes you can :) I have need rolled on purples that were not for my class, yet I still won it against the person it was for...

Sorry bro, the only successful thing you had going on in life was patched out a few weeks back.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I have been able to roll need on items not specific to my class. Not that I ever do. I have also seen others lose items to a class that could not use it. You can roll need regardless least for greens and blues. I can't speak about purples. Not there yet.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fongador wrote: »
    I have been able to roll need on items not specific to my class. Not that I ever do. I have also seen others lose items to a class that could not use it. You can roll need regardless least for greens and blues. I can't speak about purples. Not there yet.

No, it was not patched because it has been going on all day today. ANYONE can roll need on anything that is BOE.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sorry bro, the only successful thing you had going on in life was patched out a few weeks back.

I have not seen this so called "fix" working whatsoever. Anything that is BOE can been rolled need by anyone in the group and then sold to the playerbase via the auction. It has happened all day today for me as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    I have not seen this so called "fix" working whatsoever. Anything that is BOE can been rolled need by anyone in the group and then sold to the playerbase via the auction. It has happened all day today for me as well.

Yeah...if this was supposedly fixed it sure as hell isn't working haha
  • Options
    grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    DDO has just about got loot right; there are no loot mechanics to get upset about because everyone in the party gets loot from all chests.
    Neverwinter will not/can't be changed to work this way because loot is not always distributed via a "chest".
    It never ceases to amaze me how many MMO creators fail to realise that fair loot mechanics are very important to the community feel of their game, especially for those that pug a lot.
  • Options
    daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Both major points in OP's post are valid and hopefully implemented soon
    GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
    Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
  • Options
    elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grikgid wrote: »
    Neverwinter will not/can't be changed to work this way because loot is not always distributed via a "chest".
    Neverwinter already has individual drops. My money on the ground are mine only. Just partying changes this to be more wow-like. A lot of flawed and unsuable mechanics is copied from wow-like MMO to another. Like auction system. Even when we already have mechanics proved to work well in some other "brave game" (brave enough to just not copy). But after all, this one is under Chinese paychecks.
  • Options
    fadevenomfadevenom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    exshin wrote: »
    Because they items aren't bind-on-pickup, the loot system works. It allows the other members in the party to possibly trade for an item that they can actually use. I can understand how frustrating it is for this to happen but at lower levels people shouldn't get so bent out of shape over an item that will be replaced in a few levels. At 60 you should be running with people you trust over a pug group anyways or set up a group yourself with you being the loot master.

I bet the people who are complaining the most are the same ones that ask another person of the same class to give them an item that they lost the roll for. Has happened to me countless times. "Hey gimme the item please I need it more than you do". And half the time when I don't they cry and throw a tantrum over it.

So to sum it up, get over it and move on and at 60 go with a group you trust or can control. Not like you can kill harder bosses with a random que group that don't know how to dodge roll to save their life anyways.

You and people like you are the very reason PUGS are awful. Your logic is flawed and your attitude sucks.