Install Arc
Options

Dungeon queue & Loot system

2»

Comments

• Options
    leoninexeleoninexe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> thing about this que system is the 3 dungeon limit. There are 9 epic dungeons and you are given no feedback on what dungeon what people are queing for. It's complete lottery if you happen to hit the right ques to actually get into instance. Missed out on Dungeon Delves completely few times just cause i couldnt find the right instance. It's just terrible.

I've played few games that use this stupid *** limited que system but they would actually tell me how many people were in que for what instance so i didn't have to try and guess.
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yday i had a guy called " elementalz " ninja . took my 1st purple item i saw drop for my class. he was control wizard. i guess he NEEDED
    HP-DEFENSE-DEFLECTION stat...
    i needed all happy and BUM forgot others can need even if the item is not for their class . seconds later the item was on the AH.

GJ
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fadevenom wrote: »
    You and people like you are the very reason PUGS are awful. Your logic is flawed and your attitude sucks.

Yeah

Not to mention I always pug in mmos and can honestly say I can count one one hand the times what he gave as an example has happened in a pug I have been in.

...and I've been playing mmos since the early days of EQ.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grikgid wrote: »
    It never ceases to amaze me how many MMO creators fail to realise that fair loot mechanics are very important to the community feel of their game, especially for those that pug a lot.

I think they just enjoy seeing all the drama caused by loot. :)
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    I think they just enjoy seeing all the drama caused by loot. :)

I think dev's for some reason, against all evidence, are optimists when it comes to human nature.
  • Options
    cubano#0741 cubano Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yday i had a guy called " elementalz " ninja . took my 1st purple item i saw drop for my class. he was control wizard. i guess he NEEDED
    HP-DEFENSE-DEFLECTION stat...
    i needed all happy and BUM forgot others can need even if the item is not for their class . seconds later the item was on the AH.

GJ

And i think that items that drop in dungeons not becoming bound it sucks, and take away most of the end game fun, this is another, yet cool, Pay to Win game... :(
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    alabuckalabuck Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't had any problems with the que on dungeons. I que and while I'm waiting i quest and time flies by so it might be a few mins maybe even 20 mins but I don't care cause I'm having a blast questing or grinding for stuff. Why sit and wait. Doesn't bother if i get the que in the middle of doing a quest i get to start it over when I'm done and get even more loot/exp/money. But then again I'm a glass half full kinda person.
  • Options
    kattara1kattara1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why not have it like gw2?
    Individual loot system.
  • Options
    negnarlodennegnarloden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll just throw in couple of my things in this.

You have been using a completely wrong system, yet you think its best and believe in it like it was given from god himself.
    The need/greed/pass system in other MMO's and the etiquete around it is fine in that MMOs, however it makes you go through double RND system -> RND for the item to drop from the boss and RND for you to actually roll succesfully on it, considering things in most MMOs are bind on pickup, the old etiquette is fine.

However, here, items are bind on equip. Meaning you can trade them on AH. Meaning you actually can ******* get items you need for other items that you can't use. Thus, they removed the double RND system from the game. It is, however you might think a step forward! Couse if you run 10 times the same dungeon and get 10 times items you dont need from the drops, you can actually trade them for those you need. That makes perfect sense, and everyone should just get used to it and use it. It actually works, the only difference being you wont probably need to run the ******* dungeons a 100 times b4 you RND the drop from the boss and RND the roll succesfully.

Oh yes... and for that to work ppl actually have to get an idea around trading in MMOs -> mby the first time for those never using crafting as trading in most MMOs is a joke...
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elenoe8 wrote: »
    Neverwinter already has individual drops. My money on the ground are mine only.

I am of the understanding money on the ground is group shared, not that this pittance of money matters.
  • Options
    haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was called a 'loot stealer' for rolling need on and winning a blue item for my own class today. The player who did so was the same class, and there were only the two of us of that class. He continued to complain in party chat and begged the team lead to boot me; claiming the party didn't need me to finish the dungeon. Perhaps that was true; but if any party wants to kick the quiet, cooperative, and reasonably effective player who occasionally rolls need for their own class gear, and keep the whiny self-entitled player who can't seem to stay out of the red circles and loses his cool if a loot roll doesn't go his way, please do so -- it would be doing me a favor.
  • Options
    ccoulterccoulter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    exshin wrote: »
    How you say that you don't need online friends? I've made lots of friends inside games and occasionally meet up with them outside the game and have a great time. Makes you sound like a jerk especially if there are people online who consider themselves to be your friend.

Don't listen to him LesserBob. I still think you're cool. A Bob's got to prioritize.
  • Options
    cortechscortechs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like LesserBob, I stick to PUGing in MMOs. Thus, any game I play must have a good and fun PUG system.

This is my first post and first visit.

Sadly, a loot system where everyone can greed on everything makes PUGing a terrible experience; always has and always will. WoW was like this and was one of the reasons I quit it 1 and 1/2 months in at launch and never touched it again. Have we learned nothing from all of the previous games? Loot should drop individually, not as a pool for the group.

This is a deal-breaker, so I guess my download was in vain. I am posting only to add my support so that Cryptic will hopefully change the way this works in the future. If that happens, I will actually consider playing.
  • Options
    ruiecruiec Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a tank, I had to quit pug queuing at lvl 30. You cant reasonably expect a pug group to finish the last boss. I never get heals,everyone stands in the fire and i end up wasting resources.

This doesn't mean i want the content to be easier because i absolutely do not. I just do the dungeons with people who are competent and this basically negates 99% of pug groups.
  • Options
    tsatixtsatix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump since apparently the 100s of posts on this topic were overlooked last patch in what can be a very simple fix.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just ran a 60 dungeon for the first time, got to the end, wiped once and for the first time in the entire dungeon. Someone rage quit and that was that.

40 mins + wasted because the queue doesn't look for new players after someone leaves.
  • Options
    scalretdoomscalretdoom Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sitting in town forever and forever. I'm not getting any party for 20min queue now.....
  • Options
    bronzen18bronzen18 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Random leaders ftl, had to patch in to the gray wolf dungeon and got kicked within 10 minutes shortly after downing the first mini because he didn't think I was doing my job spamming all of my encounters and dailies on the big guy and stunning the adds with my slam.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bronzen18 wrote: »
    Random leaders ftl, had to patch in to the gray wolf dungeon and got kicked within 10 minutes shortly after downing the first mini because he didn't think I was doing my job spamming all of my encounters and dailies on the big guy and stunning the adds with my slam.

It's a lot worse than this, there are entire groups being kicked at the end of dungeons to collect loot for themselves. Obviously there isn't **** the players can do about it and that's why I made this topic, they need to implement fixes YESTERDAY for this **** before it becomes to widespread. If you can get ahead like that without consequence, why not do it at this point?
  • Options
    krystar2009krystar2009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The amount of scum-baggery i've encountered in my short time doing the end game in this game is pretty impressive. People just randomly kicking people, yelling and arguing about healing and tanking, needing on everything, ninjaing items others could use. I've played wow off and on for like 5 years and never seen so much nonsense going on. Must be dat F2P.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The amount of scum-baggery i've encountered in my short time doing the end game in this game is pretty impressive. People just randomly kicking people, yelling and arguing about healing and tanking, needing on everything, ninjaing items others could use. I've played wow off and on for like 5 years and never seen so much nonsense going on. Must be dat F2P.

I've seen this a lot in WoW during mid cata when I played it. This is not new. Sometimes it is just bad attitudes, sometimes folks just are slacking and being abusive. When you combine that lack of effort on their part with greed by way of looting everything that drops despite being able to equip it. Then yes, folks need a way to kick these players. But the issue is more the lack of choice. I've been saying for years now, that they need 2 separate queue's for Dungeon pugging one with a specific loot setting.

Also the issue with the lack of Guardian Fighters is that they have a LOT of issues, and folks are only starting to realize that now.
  • Options
    bertosanchezbertosanchez Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have no problem with the Need/Greed/Pass system other than that their should be some differentiation between Need and Greed other than Need trumps Greed rolls. For example...if you Need roll on an item then it should be bind-on-pickup, whereas Greed rolling should give you a bind-on-equip item that you can always trade on the AH or with another player. I just did a dungeon where one guy was Need rolling everything, and suddenly everyone started Need rolling everything in order to get some loot. Fortunately I was playing with a random player who was nice enough to trade me the class specific gear he got for free...but unfortunately players like that are few and far between. I disagree with the idea a few pages back about dungeoning with guild members or people you can trust if you want loot...sometimes you just don't have time to get a group of people online to play with each other. If they make Need rolls bind-on-pickup items then it would discourage players who don't need the items from trying to steal them from ones that do because of how little money they will actually make off of them. Obviously looting is always better in a party of guild mates or friends but that is simply not always possible. That said, making items bind-on-pickup when players Need roll for them will, in my opinion, reduce the number of idiots who run around Needing everything. In addition, if nobody can use the item then it's in everybody's best interest to Greed roll for it and possibly get an item that they can sell on the AH. Why? Well, if you Need roll it then you are getting an item you can vendor for a few coins. If you Greed roll and WIN it then you get an item that you can sell on the AH for AD. Greed rolling also gives you a trade-able item, which you could use to trade with other players for something that you can actually use.

I also agree with people above that there needs to be a vote-kick system because I can imagine it would just suck getting to the end of the dungeon just to be kicked so some greedy SOB can get their hands on all of the goodies. At least a vote-kick system prevents this from happening. I just started playing NW so my toon is a lower level and, thus, I have not been booted from a high level dungeon yet. I was thinking about spending some money on this game but, if this is going to be a permanent issue, then I will just go back to playing WoW.
  • Options
    czarnademolkaczarnademolka Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I totally agree, need roll system should be fixed immediately. On the three or four dungeons I was in today, someone stole item for my class twice. (While I was the only Control Wizard in dungeon. Epic dungeon, lvl 60) Then just quit leaving all the party just before main boss. That's freaking me out. You shouldn't be allowed to use need roll for item that you can't wear. It's like to let people steal items and behave in that way. Make it clear and fair. You can't expect from people to be fair as in the Internet some of them think they're impunity. We should force then to behave than expect they will play fair when they have opportunity to troll. Especially at lvl 60 when you go for very rare items.