Install Arc
Options

Everyone knows Rogues are OP

Comments

• Options
    l7arkspiritl7arkspirit Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    lupex92 wrote: »
    Nice way of thinking there mate -.-' Ever thought about maybe some people actually wants to play the class they think is fun to play? Some people might enjoy playing as a supporting class, some others maybe a ranged dps dealer while other likes to go into close combat with dps or just be tanky and hard to kill. Its not all about picking the most op class, but also pick what you enjoy playing... And that is also why an mmorpg game has more than just 1 class... -.-

I was not saying that you should always play this class, and I did not generalize the whole community to this. My point was that if you are complaining about your own class and do not like playing the class then pick another class to play. What I see in this forum is a bunch of people complaining about different classes (CW/Rogues mainly) and all they do is spam QQ threads. To those people I say, if you don't like your class just reroll. I picked a rogue because I like to play Mellee classes (I generally play Warriors) and to me it does not matter if the class is OP or UP, if I like the mechanics and have fun playing the class. Then that's all that matters to me. I just get annoyed at people who just complain all day long, without ever having been on the "other side".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    l7arkspiritl7arkspirit Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Given that so many people have decided to play Rogue so this is exactly what happened, isn't this comment self-defeating? Are you actually trying to ruin your own argument?

And who made you the I know the % of the player base person? Where do you get your statistics from?
    Or are you just randomly stating yet another OPINION. Which is what this whole thread is all about.
    I've seen a lot of CW/Clerics running around in PvP and PvE. I doubt that the majority of the player base actually plays rogues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lupex92lupex92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was not saying that you should always play this class, and I did not generalize the whole community to this. My point was that if you are complaining about your own class and do not like playing the class then pick another class to play. What I see in this forum is a bunch of people complaining about different classes (CW/Rogues mainly) and all they do is spam QQ threads. To those people I say, if you don't like your class just reroll. I picked a rogue because I like to play Mellee classes (I generally play Warriors) and to me it does not matter if the class is OP or UP, if I like the mechanics and have fun playing the class. Then that's all that matters to me. I just get annoyed at people who just complain all day long, without ever having been on the "other side".

Saying that another class is "OP" doesnt mean that they dont like the class theyre playing o.O
  • Options
    saythinsaythin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kato009 wrote: »
    EXACTLY !!!!

I thought it was bad at the 19 bracket but OMFG the 20-29 bracket is even worse
    At least in the 19 bracket I could sometimes live through their lockdown, but now ? I have about as much chance of that as winning the super lottery 24 weeks in a row.

I love the people exagerrating saying a rogue opens on em and presses one button on me and 100 -0's me. ****ing morons. Wait till you meet a crit gf. you think rogues are bad? I got 2 shot by a crit gf and he can block ALL my dmg. PLease explain to me how a tank class can hit harder than a dps class? lol im in the 30 - 39 bracket and I can crit 3.5k's maybe a 4k on another rogue cuz their squishy. ****ing crit gf's are hitting 5k's , I'm not complaining about it but just saying people have no clue what the hell they are even talking about. Not once in my entire time playing this game have I ever pressed one button and 100 - 0. stop over exageratting. a ****ing tank hits harder than me.
  • Options
    whisperofthemoonwhisperofthemoon Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Man, you never tried to play vs good control mage? First you are in the air, you using breaking cc spell (impossible to catch), then he pushing you away (this not counts as cc), then, when you returning he transorms you into the ice, and when you using stealth he just dashing backwards, and again starts with first spell... All you can do - is hit him with throwing daggers or prey that he will make a mistake and you will be lucky to stun him.
  • Options
    v1510n5v1510n5 Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    It seems that in every MMO people love to complain about rogues...

I play a rogue myself. Level 38 at the moment and I don't feel like I'm overpowered in PvP. I do decent damage and have good mobility but I die so quickly when focused it's not even funny.

GWFs just block all my attacks, CWs stun me, freeze me, blow me away, etc... Yet I don't complain about those classes.

I think you guys need to remember 2 things:

1. This is an MMO which means its primary focus will always be PvE. PvP is just a fun little sideshow. It's not meant to be taken seriously. If you want a fair and balanced PvP experience go and play Starcraft or Street Fighter.

2. It's early days. I suspect that most people complaining about rogues in PvP have yet to reach level 60 and gear up their characters. Let's give it a while before we jump to any conclusions.
  • Options
    saraibaxeadasaraibaxeada Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    th3mod wrote: »
    Yes you have a valid point there, and tbh I totally agree with you! I am just trying to encourage you to wait it out! :P Of course what you are saying is making sense and it should be looked into asap!

@saraibaxeada Sadly I don't have video material of it yet, I was playing lvl 40-49 PvP (as I am lvl 45 currently with me CW). There was a halfling DC who I tried to battle but my auto attacks didn't even hurt him, he was hella tanky + he used some kind of daily on me I guess which critted for 5k! :) Only because you/your build doesnt do that it is possible for others to have an other build (most possibly a crit build I would guess) I don't know what DC-s abilities do yet, have to make one and read the skills first but like I said the DC seemed very weak compared to others in early level PvP and hella strong at later levels of PvP.

Of course, a cleric full tank but deal 5000 hit with a single skill and heal for 15.000 HP in 2 seconds. Man of steel 2.0
    Clerics OP...
    weed rulz
    Incoming signature
  • Options
    kato009kato009 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you even trying to be remotely serious? or are you just that bad at PvP that you do not understand the basics?
    No rogue will be able to 1 hit you no matter what, and our CD are just as long as your CC's which you have waaaay more options for.
    we have 1 "CC" which can be easily avoided. But you rather complain on the forums about it instead of practicing your class.

First of all, are you a little slow ?
    Do you understand anything I have said ?
    You claim I don't know my class, but you do not even know what class I am. You claim I have CC, but as a cleric my only "cc" is a knockback which is on a rather long cooldown seeing as how it is only viable with tab/divinity.
    As for you only having 1 cc which can easily be avoided, again talking out of your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Rogues have dazing strike, deft strike, bloodbath, impact shot, and a couple others.
    And by the way I never claimed to be 1 shot by a rogue, I claimed to have been stunned and reduced to 0 hitpoints from full before the stun wore off.
    And as for practicing my class, I have played nothing but a cleric since I started, and I pvp alot which is why I am so angry at the mechanics currently.
  • Options
    kato009kato009 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    v1510n5 wrote: »
    It seems that in every MMO people love to complain about rogues...

I play a rogue myself. Level 38 at the moment and I don't feel like I'm overpowered in PvP. I do decent damage and have good mobility but I die so quickly when focused it's not even funny.

GWFs just block all my attacks, CWs stun me, freeze me, blow me away, etc... Yet I don't complain about those classes.

I think you guys need to remember 2 things:

1. This is an MMO which means its primary focus will always be PvE. PvP is just a fun little sideshow. It's not meant to be taken seriously. If you want a fair and balanced PvP experience go and play Starcraft or Street Fighter.

2. It's early days. I suspect that most people complaining about rogues in PvP have yet to reach level 60 and gear up their characters. Let's give it a while before we jump to any conclusions.

Attitudes like this are why game companies could give two shytes about balancing.
    Why pay people to fix stuff when idiots are happy with broken stuff.
  • Options
    reapingurmomreapingurmom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AS long as rouges exist in every game or archers physical leather wearing characters they WILL ALWAYS BE QQed about. Because one they have damage to make up for their weakness being leather equipment just about the same time as a hunters were getting nerfed in damage on WoW rouges were why? Because plate users were qquing because of damage. And this was also being QQed about in Requiem. And on crystal saga. Rouges and hunters are qqed about in every mmo get over it when WoW nerfed them after cata released they were still good for the loss of volley weeks later went from 6k shots to 1k then quit. As far as i see it people cry like little babies bc they dnt understand leather users roles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Basic Signature until I finish my work on my fully made signature.
  • Options
    jackmeister6969jackmeister6969 Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    While I do understand and appreciate what you are saying, my point is still the same. I don't care if at level 60 the sun comes outfrom behind the clouds and all is right in the world and everyone is exactly the same with exactly the same abilities and same hitpoints and everything is as finely balanced as grandpa's checkbook, the fact still remains that if the road going to level 60 is paved with rogues being God's then alot of people will not make it to the fairy tale ending because as discerning gamers the days of being stuck with only 1-3 choices of games to play are gone.

My whole point is, Please fix the rogues so people don't quit like they do every other imbalanced game out there.

You dont have a point really. Rogues got godlike paths to 60? ROFL! Really now? Ill admit rogues do hurt and they do have good dps but they sure arent godlike or OP. If your talking bout PvP then you sure must suck. Im not even a rogue nor am I on max level, but im not complaining bout them. Sometimes Id own rogues, sometimes theyd own me. Id be more worried at a mage than a rogue IMO.
  • Options
    showatt0016showatt0016 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear Cryptic:

I want to play a class where:

1> I can deal damage. (Rogue)
    2> i have multiple CC (wizard)
    3> I can heal (cleric)
    4> i wear the toughest armors in game (guardian fighter)
    5> I can AOE (GWF)
    6> I can dodge (GWF and Rogue)
    7 >I can teleport (wizard and cleric)
    8> I can block (Guardian Fighter)

I am a forum warrior.

Signed,

Pvp Baddie
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Attitudes like this are why game companies could give two shytes about balancing.
    Why pay people to fix stuff when idiots are happy with broken stuff.

Rogues are not broken. Your opinions are not facts.

Read what I said, PvP will always come second to PvE. You want complete balance? Go play Street Fighter.

This is a free game. You're not paying for chit. Stop acting like an entitled little biotch.

Also, if rogues are so OP why don't you just roll one? Levelling in this game is ridiculously fast. This isn't WoW.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rogues are not broken. Your opinions are not facts.

Read what I said, PvP will always come second to PvE. You want complete balance? Go play Street Fighter.

This is a free game. You're not paying for chit. Stop acting like an entitled little biotch.

Also, if rogues are so OP why don't you just roll one? Levelling in this game is ridiculously fast. This isn't WoW.

+1 :cool::cool::cool:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Dear Cryptic:

I want to play a class where:

1> I can deal damage. (Rogue)
    2> i have multiple CC (wizard)
    3> I can heal (cleric)
    4> i wear the toughest armors in game (guardian fighter)
    5> I can AOE (GWF)
    6> I can dodge (GWF and Rogue)
    7 >I can teleport (wizard and cleric)
    8> I can block (Guardian Fighter)

I am a forum warrior.

Signed,

Pvp Baddie

Now thats OP! LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Cause i dont want play dungeon and rogues, i want play a balance game in where my class have same opportunities.

A game in where i can beat my enemies with my OP skill... not from my OP class for un-hand-brain.
    Incoming signature
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cause i dont want play dungeon and rogues, i want play a balance game in where my class have same opportunities.

A game in where i can beat my enemies with my OP skill... not from my OP class for un-hands-brains.

Then it seems to me that you're playing the wrong game. Rogues are fine in PvE. PvP doesn't matter.
  • Options
    captiannemo2001captiannemo2001 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rouges have some nasty draw backs. I just started a few days ago and dealing with bloody archers is bad enough. SO I now use the ranged throwing knives at max range to knock off as many as I can. I teleport in and deal damage and beat the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of everything. Then there came the PvE mages... Changed tactics again. Kill the mage first and then kill the archers and cause even more chaos.

Then I managed to tag just over a dozen PvE's in the Blacklake District and ran like hell. Which you have to do when you are all alone. 5-7 I can manage even 8-9 is doable with health potions as needed. But more then that it a bit of a pain unless you can use the daily. I ended up running for the nearest area where I thought other players would be and got some much needed assistance. I messed up the original roll of mu first Rouge so I am going to finish it out and then make a new Rouge. If you manage to run into another Rouge or two and manage to team up with them it is wonders of fun. Stealth is great but the time limit means that you must plan it out.

NEMO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Then it seems to me that you're playing the wrong game. Rogues are fine in PvE. PvP doesn't matter.

Rogues unbalanced in PVP. PVE isnt a matter... u can kill all the mobs with 2 seconds dazes or 15... u dont need extra brain for PVE honey.
    Incoming signature
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rogues unbalanced in PVP. PVE isnt a matter... u can kill all the mobs with 2 seconds dazes or 15... u dont need extra brain for PVE honey.

This is a PvE game. What part of MMORPG don't you understand? PvP in MMOs is always terrible and unbalanced. i.e. the guy with the best gear wins. Skill has nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013

You sound like the biggest ****ing crybaby forum warrior there is. I have a character of every class above level 40. Please learn to play the game. As a CW i can completely stop a rogue from hitting me, even once. As a tank I can facetank the ****ing thing and kill it. As a cleric i can cc and kite until it does. Same with GWF. You really need to learn how to ****ing play. Skill trumps in this game everytime. There's mages that cc me until I die when I'm on my rogue. Then there's other mages that are complete trash and let me get to them and annihilate them. Every class has the tools to deal with another class.
  • Options
    rocobarrocorocobarroco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    As far as i am concerned, Pvp is not about i owned you, you owned me!!
    This game relies a lot on Teamwork.

Me and my guildies won 24/24 matches and never once lost in PVP yesterday because we worked together and using Voice communication.

So you think you get owned so hard because you 1 v 1 with a rogue doesnt prove anything.

I won Wizard sometimes and i lost to them sometimes.

They can crit for 21k damage by the way..

Learn 2 play your class well and know how to counter.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This is a PvE game. What part of MMORPG don't you understand? PvP in MMOs is always terrible and unbalanced. i.e. the guy with the best gear wins. Skill has nothing to do with it.
    Neverwinter have a PVP system. Just like EVE, Aion or guild wars. Ure playing a beta in where the point is look for a balance game. Prob ure in the wrong place, did u know cause a beta exist?.
    You sound like the biggest ****ing crybaby forum warrior there is.
    Mordor out the back.
    Incoming signature
  • Options
    showatt0016showatt0016 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As far as i am concerned, Pvp is not about i owned you, you owned me!!
    This game relies a lot on Teamwork.

Me and my guildies won 24/24 matches and never once lost in PVP yesterday because we worked together and using Voice communication.

So you think you get owned so hard because you 1 v 1 with a rogue doesnt prove anything.

I won Wizard sometimes and i lost to them sometimes.

They can crit for 21k damage by the way..

Learn 2 play your class well and know how to counter.

People (mostly scrubs) don't listen to reasonable post like this, trust me.
    They play pvp to kill people and when they can't do they they cry.
    It's sad to see these so called 'pvper' ruining team oriented arena with their constant thirst for kills.
    but oh well, thankfully the majority of them play rogue. Badly.
    Neverwinter have a PVP system. Just like EVE, Aion or guild wars. Ure playing a beta in where the point is look for a balance game. Prob ure in the wrong place, did u know cause a beta exist?.

Mordor out the back.

Ironic that you claim to care about balance, but would not care if there are Hp Pot scattered around the arena that lets you recover full hp and then more. These pots are game breaking, you can ride horses to them quickly and basically becomes a god for 5 second (unless focus fired) and thses pot respawn faster than your own toon can die.

But no, nobody cares about that.

Face it. The only thing you - like so many self proclaimed hardcore pvping scrubs - care about is to kill people. When you're having a tough time doing that you point your finger at the class that's designed with the sole purpose of dpsing and cry nerf! nerf! nerf!

Protip: Get into a team of 5 rogue and see how well you fair against a balanced team.
  • Options
    pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    showatt0016, well said!

So many people are worried about Kill Death ratios and getting killing blows.
    This mentality ruins it for most PUGS, which I am involved in becuase I haven't found a good guild yet. And the majority of these KB chasers are the TR crowd.

I play a CW, and it is a lot of fun. But there is a problem when my whole team is depending on me to be the initiator of the fight to capture the middle point. These special kinds of TRs will never engage until they know they can jump someone who is already fighting someone else.

The other thing that kind of ruins pvp is the ability to look at the score board during play. Due to this score board people are even more focused on getting KB. But whats even worse than that, is everyone wants the initial 300 points for grabbing home point.

So while I run to the mid and 3 of my team go for our home point so they can get on the scoreboard I am left facing 3-4 people by myslef. And after I am floating in the Air chain CCd and taken out then my team shows up and gets slaughtered and the enemy team has the mid now.

I dont have enough time to explain to people how to play the PVP match at max level. They should know how ot play already, its a fairly simple concept.

Ive actually changed my build completely just so I can live longer and be better at initiating fights while AoE controlling the enemies until my team finally has the balls to come help me fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    People (mostly scrubs) don't listen to reasonable post like this, trust me.
    They play pvp to kill people and when they can't do they they cry.
    It's sad to see these so called 'pvper' ruining team oriented arena with their constant thirst for kills.
    but oh well, thankfully the majority of them play rogue. Badly.

Ironic that you claim to care about balance, but would not care if there are Hp Pot scattered around the arena that lets you recover full hp and then more. These pots are game breaking, you can ride horses to them quickly and basically becomes a god for 5 second (unless focus fired) and thses pot respawn faster than your own toon can die.

But no, nobody cares about that.

Face it. The only thing you - like so many self proclaimed hardcore pvping scrubs - care about is to kill people. When you're having a tough time doing that you point your finger at the class that's designed with the sole purpose of dpsing and cry nerf! nerf! nerf!

Protip: Get into a team of 5 rogue and see how well you fair against a balanced team.

A single potion heal in the back point, cant disbalance the game in my opinion. But ure free for ask for the remove and well, Dps is damage per second right?... not delete enemies in 1 hit+daze+invurenability. When u have a good point focus in the game, and dont talk about other players, u have a small point for argue VS me.

your way: oh men, im Mr f4cking, im here for f4cking cause ure a f4cking cryer u f4cking idi0t, l2p. U know... i can do that: oh men, the only thing u bast4rds dont want the nerf, is cause u cant kill a f4cking mosquite if the rogue have a balance. U need the god mode for dont be pathetics. I need around 0.01% of my brain for argue like u...

BTW: First time ever that a beta dont need any balance in any clase or any skill. No sense... a thing that come from a donkey.
    Incoming signature
  • Options
    ixothixoth Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to say that from my personal experience rogues do have great dps advantage over other classes. I have done some skirmishes and pvp and pve with my rogue and have to say that almost always my rogue did deal the best dps. Also if I compare my rogue's dps to my GWF's dps, GWF's dps seems way lower- I at times do one foundry mod which consists of ogres and no way I can deal as much dps to those pesky mobs with GWF than I do with my rogue. My GWF uses the build which have been posted here in quite a few GWF related posts. My rogue is lvl 18 currently, my GWF is lvl 34. So I cannot tell how the end game rogue and GWF compare. But this is my experience so far.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ixoth wrote: »
    I have to say that from my personal experience rogues do have great dps advantage over other classes. I have done some skirmishes and pvp and pve with my rogue and have to say that almost always my rogue did deal the best dps. Also if I compare my rogue's dps to my GWF's dps, GWF's dps seems way lower- I at times do one foundry mod which consists of ogres and no way I can deal as much dps to those pesky mobs with GWF than I do with my rogue. My GWF uses the build which have been posted here in quite a few GWF related posts. My rogue is lvl 18 currently, my GWF is lvl 34. So I cannot tell how the end game rogue and GWF compare. But this is my experience so far.

Working as intended.

Protip: Rogues are SUPPOSED to do more damage than the other classes given that they are the only striker (DPS class) in the game. You don't complain that Priest do the most healing do you?
  • Options
    newbstiernewbstier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, I love rogues just by the fact how well they indicate skill of player facing them.
    I have no troubles fighting rogues 1vs1, and if rogues are pretty bad I rarely have hard time fighting 1vs2. Their core skills are easy to dodge if you pay attention and time your utility powers. And if you are not - there are lots of fun activities in this game besides pvp, and you should stick to them, probably.
  • Options
    namenotusednamenotused Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think OP is angry she didnt roll a rogue maybe?
This discussion has been closed.