test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Be warned! Transferring items through mail. Needs dev attention!

hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I'd put this in bug reports, but this is semi-serious to the point where the larger community should be aware of it. Prepare for a long story, I'll TLDR it afterwards.

I decided to delete my GWF today. I don't play her any more and GWFs are massively underpowered anyway. I decide to transfer everything useful that I can; profession items from the Nightmare Lockboxes (Including a blue-rank Mercenary), a stack of the lockboxes, dyes bought from the bar trader, profession kits. I see that the best way to transfer the items is through the mail, with my own handle so that the items are available to all characters. Awesome! I check to make sure it works and, sure enough, it does.

After posting the items, I delete my GWF. This was a bad idea. I log into my CW and notice that the mail icon isn't flashing. Odd. I click it and, sure enough, no mail. Balls. The mail was deleted because the sender was, irrespective of the fact that it was delivered. Right now, I'm mildly mortified. It's just a game, sure, but the value of those items may as well have been real. I don't expect anything to be done about this - PWE still haven't gotten back to me about my missing 1.3m Astral Diamonds.

TLDR; Don't send yourself items with your handle then delete the sender.

Update; Well, in a strange turn of events, the items showed up. Sort of. Have a look;
Click to Zoom!
x55fThal.png

I was about to record a video of the issue with a disposable character when I noticed that her mail icon was flashing. Sure enough, the items and Astral Diamonds are available to one character but not another.

Semi-Final update; Oh god, I derped so hard. They're on different shards. Regardless, the Astral Diamonds are still missing from my Exchange Balance. When it says "all of your characters", it should be all of your characters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
Post edited by hipolipolopigus on

Comments

• hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd put this in bug reports, but this is semi-serious to the point where the larger community should be aware of it. Prepare for a long story, I'll TLDR it afterwards.

I decided to delete my GWF today. I don't play her any more and GWFs are massively underpowered anyway. I decide to transfer everything useful that I can; profession items from the Nightmare Lockboxes (Including a blue-rank Mercenary), a stack of the lockboxes, dyes bought from the bar trader, profession kits. I see that the best way to transfer the items is through the mail, with my own handle so that the items are available to all characters. Awesome! I check to make sure it works and, sure enough, it does.

After posting the items, I delete my GWF. This was a bad idea. I log into my CW and notice that the mail icon isn't flashing. Odd. I click it and, sure enough, no mail. Balls. The mail was deleted because the sender was, irrespective of the fact that it was delivered. Right now, I'm mildly mortified. It's just a game, sure, but the value of those items may as well have been real. I don't expect anything to be done about this - PWE still haven't gotten back to me about my missing 1.3m AD.

TLDR; Don't send yourself items with your handle then delete the sender.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Wow, nasty.
    I agree people should be aware of this.

You, my friend, just got two threads for the price of one.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Wow, nasty.

• fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wow man...that seriously blows :(

Sorry to hear but thanks for the warning.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, nasty.

Yay :3 supersrs.gif
    fongador wrote: »
    Wow man...that seriously blows :(

Sorry to hear but thanks for the warning.
    Just doing what must be done to keep others from making the same mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cukydohcukydoh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, that's a pretty scary bug... bumping for attention.
    edited May 2013
    I feel really bad that you lost all the stuff...

But I'm sure you've gained respect from more than just me for managing to write a thread to warn players of problems rather than rant and rave about the event. :)

Kudos. I know full well that took no small amount of will power and self restraint!
    edited May 2013
    I feel really bad that you lost all the stuff...

But I'm sure you've gained respect from more than just me for managing to write a thread to warn players of problems rather than rant and rave about the event. :)

Kudos. I know full well that took no small amount of will power and self restraint!
    In the end, they're just bytes. It presented me with an opportunity to help and I'm more than happy to do what I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Update; Well, in a strange turn of events, the items showed up. Sort of. Have a look;
    Click to Zoom!
    x55fThal.png

I was about to record a video of the issue with a disposable character when I noticed that her mail icon was flashing. Sure enough, the items and Astral Diamonds are available to one character but not another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Oh god, I derped so hard. They're on different shards. Regardless, the Astral Diamonds are still missing from my Exchange Balance. When it says "all of your characters", it should be all of your characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how do you even transfer through mail? i havent been able to figure out how, when i open it i cannot seem to find anyway to attach items to the mail :/

edit: found it via search... still find it increasingly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that i can give another account my gold and astrals but not send it to another char of my own -.- so basicly you got more "rights" when you make 2 accounts then buying extra char slots. you are in other words directly punished for wanting to pay perfect world money for their product... thats just increasingly stupid
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Always have 2 accounts for PW games :)

Watch when deleting old emails too, items won't show up sometimes and you can very easily think you are removing old emails but instead destroying items.

A warning, or inability to delete mail with attachments would be very nice option :) ijs
  • digitalbravodigitalbravo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like it might be a feature in some respects. Hard to create a bunch of characters and send spam mail out then delete the character if the respective mail piece is deleted with the character.

Next time get your items before deleting something.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Back in testing I mailed things to my handle, deleted the character, created a new character and claimed them all just fine. This would have been prior to BW4. Hopefully this does get fixed as Cryptic can tell from STO, I do use the mail a lot to organize my own characters' goods.

. . . . . Which does remind me... I need to go make a character on my second account, which I had been forgetting to do!
  • silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the whole mail system is a bit confusing. I can see how accidents can happen a lot with it. One example is if you're not at an NPC, checking your mail, you cannot "Take Items" but you can delete them. I was sitting for a good couple seconds trying to figure out why can't I get my stuff. Yes, I didn't really see the hover message until I hovered over the second time.

I suggest taking out the mail icon on the interface and just have a warning icon pop up when you have mail. That way you can go and check it at the NPC. Or take out the delete part and delete only at the NPC.
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Also, Mail with attachments should not be able to be deleted. Not sure why they allow this to begin with. How it should be is if you want to delete mail with an attachment, you would need to first take the item(s) and then delete the mail. Allowing players to out-right just delete attachments in mail is not good in my opinion.

. . . . . Please don't remove the mail icon though, I use it a lot. I get mail from users that run my missions, I don't want to have to run back to PE just to send them a reply with advice or what-not. I use the mail for communication too, not just sending items.
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    It's been reported and will be looked into. Please contact our Support Team to see if they can help: https://support.perfectworld.com/.
  • silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Also, Mail with attachments should not be able to be deleted. Not sure why they allow this to begin with. How it should be is if you want to delete mail with an attachment, you would need to first take the item(s) and then delete the mail. Allowing players to out-right just delete attachments in mail is not good in my opinion.

. . . . . Please don't remove the mail icon though, I use it a lot. I get mail from users that run my missions, I don't want to have to run back to PE just to send them a reply with advice or what-not. I use the mail for communication too, not just sending items.

Yes, I do like this suggestion better. Make it so mail with items can't be deleted.
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • mrpumpfistmrpumpfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ((Since my previus topic were deleted since i phrased myself in a way. And i guess they thought i was a terrorist
    I just copy -paste my old one and remove that part. I ended up rewriting some poorly written parts aswell.
    at the bottom under the line i have follow up questions to what zebular answerd to me.))
    i will alsow post this under the bug forum. but i think tis apropriate a topic like this is listed under both forums
    .............................................................................................................................................................

Im not getting any replys from GM's at all. I've made alot of gm requests since i started playing a week ago. which btw is realy bad that they havent gotten back not even once.

ATM if you get anything from the auction house, even when loosing bids. you get 2 mails i guess. one with the said item and one duplicate unecissary mail that says the same thing but dosnt enlist the item attachment.
    atm if you delete that "unecissary mail" you - without a warning- lose the real "important mail" with the item.

i recon i lost about 200,000-400,000 AD and varius epics and other random stuff that i won on bidding
    i've gotten AD from real life money.
    So your current bug which makes duplicate on the mails, and theres no warning text before deleting em.
    is simuluar to a scam.

do something about it.
    And alsow the apropriate people should compensate us for this. or even better; return the lost items.
    but it wouldnt surprise me if you dont run logs on theese kind of stuff.
    The only important thing is we spend IRL money on lockboxes, right?

/Ugla

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    zebular

you realy closed the thread since i worded it like "i demand compensation" ? o.O i didnt mean YOU should compensate. i meant we should be compensated by neverwinters responible people to do so in a situation like this. If you think i was in the wrong place to do a post like that.
    then be clearer on where u want us to post. and what kind of isse this is? its a bug? and u dont hotfix this? wtf?

u created a great game, dont throw it away on stupid things like this.
    what do you mean by "You will need to continue communicating with Support" where is the suport? do u mean the gm's`ive created several topics over the lapse of one week. and they have responded to zero of them. and noone else seams to get response from gms aswell as far as i know.
    and alsow what do u mean by: "Reply to the tickets if you don't agree with what they say or they misunderstand you"
    What tickets? i didnt mention i had any tickets or conversations with anybody nor did i say anything about agreeing or missunderstanding anybody?
  • ceniebabyceniebaby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Take the item(s) first before deleting.

Common sense is hard?
    Cenie@ceniebaby - Dragon - Cleric - Member of Siren
  • darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look major problem is - ive run into it too that it isnt so obvious you should go to mailbox, press take and then delete. I just outright deleted around 60k-80k of AD because first tutorial email automatically added to my backpack item. So I thought when I delete email it adds my item back :)

Just poor design. They should display first time you delete email a tutorial explaining you must go to mailbox - hell even make it a quest from knoxx dude :)
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Solution to bug? Check all your emails before you begin to delet them. Delete them in batches, check EVERYTHING first.
  • mrpumpfistmrpumpfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ceniebaby wrote: »
    Take the item(s) first before deleting.

Common sense is hard?

i deleted mails without items. thats all. common sense?
  • ceniebabyceniebaby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Look major problem is - ive run into it too that it isnt so obvious you should go to mailbox, press take and then delete. I just outright deleted around 60k-80k of AD because first tutorial email automatically added to my backpack item. So I thought when I delete email it adds my item back :)

Honestly, that's just.. yeah.
    Cenie@ceniebaby - Dragon - Cleric - Member of Siren
  • bladesofwillbladesofwill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a similar issue with the mail. When I deleted one mail, all of the other messages got duplicates. I sent in a ticket to support, here is the reply I got.
    I have reviewed the game play issue you described and have confirmed that it is working correctly. To better ensure that all players have an equal and fair playing experience, we do not provide information on actual game play or hints regarding missions. Furthermore, you may be able to find assistance with similar questions by seeking out the assistance of other players in game or visiting the official forums which can be reached through the Community link at the top of the launcher.

If your character is stuck moving forward, press t or press the corresponding WASD key for the direction in which you are moving.

If you are reporting a bug, please use the bug report feature in the help menu.

Injuries received due to death are part of normal gameplay. If you resurrect on a non-pvp map, you will receive an injury.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We hope to see you in game soon!

This is an immediate dismissal without more than a cursory glance. I'm not sure if they spent under a minute looking at my ticket or if it was an automated response. I used the in-game bug report feature later, but (as of this moment when I look at the page) it is not listed. Unsure if this is because it requires some approval to show, or if it only displays after it has been resolved.
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    Solution to bug? Check all your emails before you begin to delet them. Delete them in batches, check EVERYTHING first.
    thats a solution to not keep getting <censored> over. and ofcourse i will do this. im not <censored>
    solution toi bug? not realy. solution would be for them to hotfix this instantly. its a realy realy bad problem
    edited May 2013
    Why the <censored> is my topic all of a sudden just a post in someones thread? are tyhe neverwinter forums afraid of getting overund by topics of dissapointment?.
    i will create a new topic post with my topic and content. thats what i wanted. dont get why you moved my post to someone elses
    mrpumpfist wrote: »
    ((Since my previus topic were deleted since i phrased myself in a way. And i guess they thought i was a terrorist
    I just copy -paste my old one and remove that part. I ended up rewriting some poorly written parts aswell.
    at the bottom under the line i have follow up questions to what zebular answerd to me.))
    i will alsow post this under the bug forum. but i think tis apropriate a topic like this is listed under both forums
    .............................................................................................................................................................

Im not getting any replys from GM's at all. I've made alot of gm requests since i started playing a week ago. which btw is realy bad that they havent gotten back not even once.

ATM if you get anything from the auction house, even when loosing bids. you get 2 mails i guess. one with the said item and one duplicate unecissary mail that says the same thing but dosnt enlist the item attachment.
    atm if you delete that "unecissary mail" you - without a warning- lose the real "important mail" with the item.

i recon i lost about 200,000-400,000 AD and varius epics and other random stuff that i won on bidding
    i've gotten AD from real life money.
    So your current bug which makes duplicate on the mails, and theres no warning text before deleting em.
    is simuluar to a scam.

do something about it.
    And alsow the apropriate people should compensate us for this. or even better; return the lost items.
    but it wouldnt surprise me if you dont run logs on theese kind of stuff.
    The only important thing is we spend IRL money on lockboxes, right?

/Ugla

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    zebular

you realy closed the thread since i worded it like "i demand compensation" ? o.O i didnt mean YOU should compensate. i meant we should be compensated by neverwinters responible people to do so in a situation like this. If you think i was in the wrong place to do a post like that.
    then be clearer on where u want us to post. and what kind of isse this is? its a bug? and u dont hotfix this? wtf?

u created a great game, dont throw it away on stupid things like this.
    what do you mean by "You will need to continue communicating with Support" where is the suport? do u mean the gm's`ive created several topics over the lapse of one week. and they have responded to zero of them. and noone else seams to get response from gms aswell as far as i know.
    and alsow what do u mean by: "Reply to the tickets if you don't agree with what they say or they misunderstand you"
    What tickets? i didnt mention i had any tickets or conversations with anybody nor did i say anything about agreeing or missunderstanding anybody?
    edited May 2013
    Why the <censored> is my topic all of a sudden just a post in someones thread? are tyhe neverwinter forums afraid of getting overund by topics of dissapointment?.
    i will create a new topic post with my topic and content. thats what i wanted. dont get why you moved my post to someone elses
    . . . . . I have escalated this issue. I must ask everyone to please contain feedback on this to this thread though, as having multiple threads on this does no good. Please do not make a new thread on this topic.

. . . . . My apologies and thanks!
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . I have escalated this issue. I must ask everyone to please contain feedback on this to this thread though, as having multiple threads on this does no good. Please do not make a new thread on this topic.

. . . . . My apologies and thanks!

it does no good eh?
    maybe you wana keep the game as it is atm i guess, so people loose their purchases which come from real life money from the begining. so they have to repurchase stuff.
    You're making sure "bad" feedback will be shown as little as possible. thats what you are doing.
    my post wasnt meant for this thread, its a uniqueue post and question i want to be followd and handed in a personal manner.
    Bunching everyting up in one single thread, does what exactly?
    edited May 2013
    it does no good eh?
    maybe you wana keep the game as it is atm i guess, so people loose their purchases which come from real life money from the begining. so they have to repurchase stuff.
    You're making sure "bad" feedback will be shown as little as possible. thats what you are doing.
    my post wasnt meant for this thread, its a uniqueue post and question i want to be followd and handed in a personal manner.
    Bunching everyting up in one single thread, does what exactly?
    . . . . . . It allows the Developers to find all needed information quickly without having to wade through multiple threads and player rants. Would you really rather have them spend hours surfing for multiple threads, taking away precious work time, rather than be able to open one thread and scroll through it to find pertinent information they may need?