test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Acolyte of Kelemvor

drenkal01drenkal01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So i figured it been an upgraded healer pet but to my dismay it's not.

It has a shield ability and a life leech which is based on your life leech and companions level.

to bad i cannot sell this pet back and get a portion of the zen back.
Post edited by drenkal01 on

Comments

• Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why didn't you read the description before you bought it? Let the buyer beware.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't buy it after looking at its description and powers.

You do know that in the store interface if you hover your mouse over the little icon for the companion you can see a list of it's powers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    losabralosabra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i need a healer is ther eanything else i can get.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Should have read the description. "shrug"
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    losabra wrote: »
    i need a healer is ther eanything else i can get.

Get the regular white cleric companion.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    losabralosabra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i did hes level 15 i am level 30 by the time i am 60 his heals will be worthless is there nothing else
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i did hes level 15 i am level 30 by the time i am 60 his heals will be worthless is there nothing else

As far as I know. But one of those features coming but not implemented is the ability to buy training to bump your companions up a category so they can train better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if rank for companions works like that, but even if it does, the cleric's heal is based on a percentage of your HP. Since your hp scales with your level and gear, so does the base cleric's heal. If you have 3000 hp, the heal heals for 600. If you have 3,000,000 hp, the heal heals for 600,000 hp.
  • Options
    dornstoneshielddornstoneshield Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    delekii1 wrote: »
    I don't know if rank for companions works like that, but even if it does, the cleric's heal is based on a percentage of your HP. Since your hp scales with your level and gear, so does the base cleric's heal. If you have 3000 hp, the heal heals for 600. If you have 3,000,000 hp, the heal heals for 600,000 hp.

True, but the 15 cleric will die quickly and be of no use at higher levels. At 37, mine is already having a hard time staying alive during boss fights if she draws any attention...I can only imagine how much worse it will get.

There is absolutely NO reason the training manuals haven't been implemented yet...
  • Options
    ooinnooinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As far as I know. But one of those features coming but not implemented is the ability to buy training to bump your companions up a category so they can train better.

I desperately need this. I'm now dying in just about all of the Foundry Quests I do....the same ones that were a breeze at level 20, with my max-rank (level?) Cleric. She dies now way to easily.

Plus the Companion AI is ****ING <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    fs_pc.png
  • Options
    rpgplayerrpgplayer Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True, but the 15 cleric will die quickly and be of no use at higher levels. At 37, mine is already having a hard time staying alive during boss fights if she draws any attention...I can only imagine how much worse it will get.

There is absolutely NO reason the training manuals haven't been implemented yet...

i agree with you there, i hope those training manuals get implemented before the end of the month, else the game might have a slight problem maintaining f-2-p playerbase in the long run...
    Don't be fooled by my avatar, im a guy >_>.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ooinn wrote: »
    I desperately need this. I'm now dying in just about all of the Foundry Quests I do....the same ones that were a breeze at level 20, with my max-rank (level?) Cleric. She dies now way to easily.

You should learn to use potions, seriously, it's not hard, they are cheap, and you will be a better player in groups. If you are being killed in foundry quests, avoid dungeons. You can get groups without a healer, and if you are just counting on someone else healing you, you will be in trouble.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    The heals suck for this companion. Hope they improve it.
  • Options
    matzeramatzera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The heals suck for this companion. Hope they improve it.

Eh, she gives my GWF 10-15% lifesteal, which at 60 makes for a large amount of self healing, seeing as it's got like 70-80% uptime with her recovery. Also a 60-70% uptime 10% damage reduction is quite good in tier 2 Epic Dungeons.

The caveat is that this healing scales with your own damage, so clerics and guardian fighters won't find much return from this type of healing.
    AMD FX 8350 4.0 Mhz OC@ 4.8 Mhz
    ASUS M5A99X Evo
    EVGA GTX 680
    Gskill Ripjaw 8GB(2x4gb) DDR3 1600 @ 2133
    Corsair Hydro 110 Liquid Cooling
    Cyborg RAT 7
    Steelseries Merc Stealth (WTB Steelseries Apex! Sell it to me SS!)
    Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset (Orange)
    Razer Goliathas Omega Control Mousepad
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    matzera wrote: »
    Eh, she gives my GWF 10-15% lifesteal, which at 60 makes for a large amount of self healing, seeing as it's got like 70-80% uptime with her recovery. Also a 60-70% uptime 10% damage reduction is quite good in tier 2 Epic Dungeons.

The caveat is that this healing scales with your own damage, so clerics and guardian fighters won't find much return from this type of healing.

Maybe it should be change instead to a % based on the level of the companion. That way it can be equally useful for all classes.
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only other healing companion I know of, is the Angel of Protection, which is purchased for 360 Ardent coins. So you'd have to log in every day for a year, to get a companion that is probably underpowered by the time you get get it, and possibly outdated by newer companions.

Either way its slim pickins for healer companions.

But potions are easy to come by and pretty close to spammable. Plus, companion A.I. being as it is now, I wouldn't count on one to keep me alive.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    The only other healing companion I know of, is the Angel of Protection, which is purchased for 360 Ardent coins. So you'd have to log in every day for a year, to get a companion that is probably underpowered by the time you get get it, and possibly outdated by newer companions.

Either way its slim pickins for healer companions.

That's one year of praying every day to get it... wow..that's some serious commitment.
  • Options
    matzeramatzera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe it should be change instead to a % based on the level of the companion. That way it can be equally useful for all classes.

I'm not sure exactly what you suggest, because as it stands the buff she grants is a percentage based on level. I have absolutely 0 lifesteal rating in my tier1/tier 2 gear and the buff that she gives equates to about 12-13%. So there isn't a requirement of having lifesteal in order to get more.

In fact it may be quite the opposite, in that the higher your lifesteal is, the less effective the buff is. The issue with the lack of use for other classes isn't based on the percentage of the lifesteal buff, but rather in that some classes deal significantly lower damage than others. Simply upping the percentage won't quite cut it, as healing for 40% of 5,000 is still not as much as healing for 15% of 25,000
    AMD FX 8350 4.0 Mhz OC@ 4.8 Mhz
    ASUS M5A99X Evo
    EVGA GTX 680
    Gskill Ripjaw 8GB(2x4gb) DDR3 1600 @ 2133
    Corsair Hydro 110 Liquid Cooling
    Cyborg RAT 7
    Steelseries Merc Stealth (WTB Steelseries Apex! Sell it to me SS!)
    Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset (Orange)
    Razer Goliathas Omega Control Mousepad
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I missed type... i mean a base amount + lifesteal % based on the level of the companion. That way it could 1.) make lifesteal a more useful stat 2.) equalize the healing for all classes instead of who did the most damage.

Example:
    Level 1 - 100 heal + ( life steal of player * 5% )
    Level 2 - 120 heal + ( life steal of player * 6% )
    Level 2 - 130 heal + ( life steal of player * 7% )

Let's say ...
    level 1 - 100 heal + 100 life steal (player) * 5% = 5 = 105 heal.
    level 2 - 120 heal + 100 life steal (player) * 6% = 6 = 126 heal.
    level 3 - 140 heal + 100 life steal (player) * 7% = 7 = 147 heal.
    level 4 - 160 heal + 100 life steal (player) * 8% = 8 = 168 heal.

etc. and so forth ... so at level 30 .. it would still do significant healing for every class instead of who ever do the most damage. Well just my opinion.
  • Options
    ooinnooinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    You should learn to use potions, seriously, it's not hard, they are cheap, and you will be a better player in groups. If you are being killed in foundry quests, avoid dungeons. You can get groups without a healer, and if you are just counting on someone else healing you, you will be in trouble.

Level 33 Guardian-fighter. Went into Blacklake Gold (Foundry) with 30 lvl 30 Healing Potions. Left with 17; I 'looted' 4. Potions were on CD most of the fights that involved mobs that would AoE (red circle on ground)....

Why? My Rank 15 Cleric spent most of the time on the ground because the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> AI just 'stands in the fire' and refuses to stay at range; she would stand about a character's foot (literally, look at the length of the feet. That's how far away) from an enemy and get mowed down. I tried running the mob away...nope. Runs right up next to them and attacks.

All most died in that one had one of the Prones lasted a millisecond longer.

Last time I was there I believe I was 23. It was sooooo much easier and this time I even knew where the packs where so no bad pulls.

I should also note that I max 'buy-all' Kits and Potions (Stack of 20)....so I'm not being a cheap-***. But that 15 level difference (assuming Rank = Level) is literally killing me.

At that level difference even Companion Runes won't help (have several Rank 3s [out of 5 ranks?]).
    fs_pc.png
  • Options
    ltdansotltdansot Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I bought her thinking she was an upgrade to the Cleric Disciple but she currently does nothing useful. Have I made a terrible mistake? Does she get better?
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah you should have searched the forums.

Basically it is pretty useless.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please for the love of Christ, read the description of something before you throw money at it lol. It is NOT a cleric. Simply clicking on the companion, and looking at it's abilities will tell you that it reduces the amount of damage you take, end of story.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    She will go past level 15, which will make her A LOT better than the cleric at that point. I believe that companion is blue (rare) quality, meaning it will level up to 25.

The generic cleric companion often gets 2 or 3 shot at level 60, so, yes, it will be a massive upgrade once you fully have it leveled. If you don't like it then, hopefully they will have the companion unbinding implemented by them, so you will be able to find a new home for it and recoup some ADs for your purchase.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    She is what I'd call an aesthetical pet. She's not "good" unless for very specifical builds and even so you might prefer the Cleric if you want plain healing.

I'll buy her someday since I think she's very pretty and anyways, I'd like to collect companions. But she is subpar as a healer, and would only work if you like to stack lifesteal a lot. The damage reduction is about 10%, which isn't that high and she can get killed, unlike the Ioun Stone and the Cat.

Have you binded her already? If not I may be interested on purchasing her from you.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    ltdansotltdansot Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Yes, she is bound but I'll be unbinding her as soon as that ability is in the game.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ltdansot wrote: »
    I bought her thinking she was an upgrade to the Cleric Disciple but she currently does nothing useful. Have I made a terrible mistake? Does she get better?

welcome to PWE. where they barely mark what items in the zen store do and wait for you to discover you spent zen worthlessly in the hopes you'll spend more zen on correcting it.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then add me ingame, we can talk about an agreement and help each other out. :) My handle is @steppenkat.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its possible when Companion Tomes come out that the Acolyte of Kelemvor could have an amazing 3rd Power unlocked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only companion that isn't a waste of Zen is the Ioun stone. The only companion that isn't a waste of AD is the Cat (at least, before thousands of them got minted on Sunday).

The Cleric is only good as a between-fights top-off that saves on potions. The rest that can't even do that are entirely pointless.