test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Acolyte of Kelemvor

2»

Comments

• godessevengodesseven Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    The acolyte is not a healer, and in her description the closest to healer it goes is life steal. I currently run with her on my Wiz and I love her as a companion. Just pick what goes best with your style.
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The Kelemvore Cleric is pretty useless for healing purposes, but the seems to make life easier for my CW.
    I use the Kelemvore Cleric, regular cleric (want to upgrade here asap) My panther and the Phoera I found and rotate them in and out of use.

Im not really a fan of Min/Maxing so Im not worried about "The Best" companion.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the best companion is the CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! end of story.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    godesseven wrote: »
    The acolyte is not a healer, and in her description the closest to healer it goes is life steal. I currently run with her on my Wiz and I love her as a companion. Just pick what goes best with your style.

To be fair, the game pretty much treats cleric as though it was a "heal" class and nothing else, so you cant really blame people for the assumption that companion clerics wont be less restricted in spell selection than a real cleric.
  • ltdansotltdansot Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I play a Trickster Rogue at lvl 19 and the regular cleric keeps me alive and healed very well.
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ltdansot wrote: »
    I play a Trickster Rogue at lvl 19 and the regular cleric keeps me alive and healed very well.

Yep she is good till you get up to mid 30's then starts to lose the ability to hang in there and starts dying early in the boss battles.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • kajiwhtkajiwht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    cat max lvl is 25... I'm pretty sure they'll launch a lvl 30 "cat type" companion anytime soon
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kajiwht wrote: »
    cat max lvl is 25... I'm pretty sure they'll launch a lvl 30 "cat type" companion anytime soon

Probably, but even at 25, it and the Ioun stone are massively better than any companion that can get to 30.
  • koralis7koralis7 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    The Cleric is only good as a between-fights top-off that saves on potions. The rest that can't even do that are entirely pointless.

Man at Arms in my 50s can generally keep at least one ugly off me for a significant period of time (and often indefinitely.) That's not useless, even for a mere rank 15 companion. Of course, that requires being a cleric.
  • sgtgallosgtgallo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [QUOTE=There is absolutely NO reason the training manuals haven't been implemented yet...[/QUOTE]

That's none of your business unfortunately, only the developers know why they havent released it yet : /
  • ezaphielezaphiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Hey drenkal01, the Acolyte indeed seemed disappointing at first, given her inability to go on offensive and don't seem to 'visibly' help out in tight situations, but think of it from a tactical perspective. The shield would have given you a considerable protection since monsters, esp bosses, whack for thousands of damage (that means damage reduction for at least several hundreds?); further more, with this neat ally by your side, you will need to invest in one or more skill less (lifesteal + regeneration).

On a side note, she is prettier than the cleric companion, which looks so common on the streets and creepily like a mannequin. So, since you got it already (me too..), make the best of it and I am sure you will love her :)
  • swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    matzera wrote: »
    Eh, she gives my GWF 10-15% lifesteal, which at 60 makes for a large amount of self healing, seeing as it's got like 70-80% uptime with her recovery. Also a 60-70% uptime 10% damage reduction is quite good in tier 2 Epic Dungeons.

The caveat is that this healing scales with your own damage, so clerics and guardian fighters won't find much return from this type of healing.

I'd love to hear more about peoples experiences with this pet. I'm looking at getting some of the other zen pets with my astral to play around with, since I have Ioun stones good to go if any 'serious' instances should be introduced. I've been thinking about making a Rogue alt just to shake off a night of Cleric healing, and the Kelemvorite pet just seems perfect...a damage shield, an a bunch of lifesteal...seems like it would work well.
    direcrow wrote: »
    The only other healing companion I know of, is the Angel of Protection, which is purchased for 360 Ardent coins. So you'd have to log in every day for a year, to get a companion that is probably underpowered by the time you get get it, and possibly outdated by newer companions.

I have no idea how, but I have seen a few of these flying around Beholder server. There was even one person spamming in zone that he was willing to sell one for 30 million astral. The coins must have some sort of loophole to allow transfers or some such.
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    [QUOTE=There is absolutely NO reason the training manuals haven't been implemented yet...[/QUOTE]
    sgtgallo wrote: »
    That's none of your business unfortunately, only the developers know why they havent released it yet : /

I know; it's so more people will try out the fancy lvl 25-30 zen companions, in hopes that they will be better. It's always all about the money. Sorry.
  • wheelercubwheelercub Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    doesn't her description say that she grants life steal based on her personal life steal stat? does anyone know if this is true?
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wheelercub wrote: »
    doesn't her description say that she grants life steal based on her personal life steal stat? does anyone know if this is true?
    Yes. It's a 1 for 1 Lifesteal buff.

meaning, if she has 350 lifesteal, thats exactly what her buff gives you.

so load her up with Lifesteal runes and gear.
  • kozickykozicky Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I bought the acolyte without researching too, but i tried to make the best of it. The more life steal you put on her, the more life steal she will buff you for. my acolyte now buffes me with 1782 life steal.... i normally have none, and that gives me 11.7% damage as health... seeing that i play a high damage output GWF (lvl60), this amount of life steal keeps me alive in almost every battle when i am soloing or am in a group without a healer.

if i'm running with a player healer, then switch the the stone.

the lvl25 acolyte keeps me more alive than my lvl15 cleric companion.
  • bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ltdansot wrote: »
    Yes, she is bound but I'll be unbinding her as soon as that ability is in the game.

This feature is not going to be implemented in the game anymore. Confirmed by a dev in the Raptr QA some days ago.:rolleyes:
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Regarding cleric companions, what works best for my GF is the green tiefling (not so expensive at $8) - just give her blue/purple items that enhance the right stats ... (and keep in mind that improving some stats for healining/striking/tanking companions has no effect whatsoever)

Then at level 60 it's time to switch to a cat (or stone, at least for for DC/CW) - although I'll probably upgrade the green cleric to a blue one later this month when they offer that feature, and keep her for foundry/solo stuff.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ezaphielezaphiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited August 2013
    Well, one thing to note though, is that she alternates between her casting, so lifesteal is not on all the time like a passive ability (correct me if i'm wrong) and also, with the likely fact that Recovery don't seem applicable to companions (i haven't tested it myself), then perhaps its possible the fight is long over before she activates the lifesteal.
  • rfaulrfaul Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The acolyte of Kelemvor has some advantages for high dps classes even over the cleric. Basically this companion gives you lifestealing that means you do the healing and you quickly draw all aggro towards you. That means more survivability for the companion than the cleric.
  • blueapplepieblueapplepie Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2013
    kozicky wrote: »
    I bought the acolyte without researching too, but i tried to make the best of it. The more life steal you put on her, the more life steal she will buff you for. my acolyte now buffes me with 1782 life steal.... i normally have none, and that gives me 11.7% damage as health... seeing that i play a high damage output GWF (lvl60), this amount of life steal keeps me alive in almost every battle when i am soloing or am in a group without a healer.

if i'm running with a player healer, then switch the the stone.

the lvl25 acolyte keeps me more alive than my lvl15 cleric companion.

which rune and gear did u use? i'm considering to replace my cleric too