test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Videos] Cleric Epic Dungeon Runs and Build

Comments

• zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Managed to get in a run of the second epic dungeon this morning before maintenance.

Again, all I did was keep up astral shield while being grouped with three rogues and a GWF. The only one that even got below half health was myself when pulling aggro on a few fights. And again I had no focus on healing in feats or abilities outside of having astral shield slotted. This was with green gear ranging from level 54-60.

I got the distinct feeling I wasn't needed other than for convenience.

I really hope difficulty steps up at some point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great videos. I particularly like the sigh that happens every time you talk about aggro reduction talents. A question:

Are you sure that Brand of the Sun overwrites itself? If I crit with it, and then re-apply it, it seems to do the front-loaded damage again but not overwrite the fact that the ticks crit.

I went to do some testing just now with Lance of Faith (2 points) versus Sacred Flame (3 points). Lance of Flame appears to do a bit more damage even with one less point, but I had no great way of estimating whether the travel distance is real or imaginary and therefore whether DPS is slower than it should be with Lance (as someone previously suggested). When the combat log provides two numbers, I guess the one in brackets is *before* Defence etc and mitigation is applied, and the first number (not in brackets) is the amount you actually do. Anyone know if this is correct?
  • greatsexmangreatsexman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone have a written overview of his build?
  • djoumsdjoums Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Given the general lack of information about this game your videos are very welcome. Thank you !
  • quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So Unspecified what are your thoughts on the builds floating around using your basic template but then allocating 10 pts into Rage/Boon in the bottom tree? Is Foresight buff worth it? and do 5 points need to be allocated into Rising Hope and why? It seems to proc often and 30 sec seems to be enough time before it resets with another proc. I'm seriously considering a 1/21/9 or 1/20/10 build eliminating either Foresight or Linked Spirits from the middle tree. Do you feel the 4th pip with capstone trait is worth it?

For Leveling I will probably dump 2-3 points into Rising Hope and use my respec token at 60.

Thanks
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • cnwhitenightcnwhitenight Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, I am a cleric at 23. My initial stats was 18 on Wisdom and +2 Wisdom as a Human. I have searched so many threads that none of them believe Wisdom is a good stat for Cleric. What is the reason for this? When I am leveling, I added stats on strength and Wisdom. Can you advise me about my situation? What is the advantage of adding more Wisdom? Should I reroll the current character?
    Thank you very much if you can reply.
  • pinchzpinchz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Hello, I am a cleric at 23. My initial stats was 18 on Wisdom and +2 Wisdom as a Human. I have searched so many threads that none of them believe Wisdom is a good stat for Cleric. What is the reason for this? When I am leveling, I added stats on strength and Wisdom. Can you advise me about my situation? What is the advantage of adding more Wisdom? Should I reroll the current character?
    Thank you very much if you can reply.

Everyone is just trying to be original using non-obvious setups, but the obvious setup (Wis/Cha) is really good. I think crit setups are a waste because Astral Shield's regeneration can't crit, and it will be a huge chunk of your healing.
  • jgfujgfu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey unspecifiederror I know your busy but have you tried Doom yet? I'm really intreasted in the skill it self and possible out comes. Trying to run my own fast Daily energy build. Doing alright with what I have but If what I'm thinking that skill well do It would be perfect. I'm also talking about to have those feat points as I'm a healer at heart.

If possible could you figure the numbers for me on it? Like healing even notice and any information about the skill. Was going to try my self but waiting for a pay check >_> lol

-_- Dragon is horrible with dungeons. I haven't had any one come up to me and ask to party for them. Most of the time waiting in the list for hours and trying to get a party together all the time. Guess its just because of my server.

P.s Its also dumb founded if you think you can run epic dungeons with pots alone. It may be possible but going to be costly and also not including the other facts. Power, right dmg, and every one have enough etc. Even with that with cds and other things apply its always the brightest move a cleric is in the group. I found many parties and people tell me they well quit a group if the cleric leaves. It is just common since.
  • irithaeirithae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for all your hard work here, Unspecified! Good stuff to re-watch tonight while the server is down ;D
  • seleen2seleen2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for putting this information together. I'm still leveling up but it helps to have a direction of how to slot things along the way
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's a good and bad thing you didnt have any dungeons to do while levelling up. clerics are obscenely weak as support toons or even in survivability on some boss fights before astral shield and that heal on hallowed ground. that wolf lady at the end of the den instance that summons black wolves. pair of rogues solod it from 80% to dead while the rest of us were pretty much useless due to the adds and teh sheer amount of damage they do. the black wolves were hitting me for 900 each. there is 4 of them and i have 11k health at 41. stop to cast astral seal and you're at half health. no point kiling them she just summons more. 4-8 archers up pelting you for 500 each.

yeah. but the rogues solo'd due to some decoy power and stealth and the cash shop health stones. smells just like STO all over again. just need 5 dps, no need for tanks or healers!!
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Managed to get in a run of the second epic dungeon this morning before maintenance.

Again, all I did was keep up astral shield while being grouped with three rogues and a GWF. The only one that even got below half health was myself when pulling aggro on a few fights. And again I had no focus on healing in feats or abilities outside of having astral shield slotted. This was with green gear ranging from level 54-60.

I got the distinct feeling I wasn't needed other than for convenience.

I really hope difficulty steps up at some point.

it's like star trek online after they nerfed the hell out of science and engineer captains. that game now is just 5 tac (dps) captains for everything.
  • judgebanksloljudgebankslol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    it's like star trek online after they nerfed the hell out of science and engineer captains. that game now is just 5 tac (dps) captains for everything.

To be fair, the game is based off the worst edition of D&D, also known as the WoW edition of D&D, some even called the Windows Vista of the D&D franchise. I don't think I've ever known anyone who actually said "Oh yeah, I quite enjoyed a role playing game, that restricts if not removes any and all role playing elements."

The 2nd worse would have to be 1.0 with its 0 form of balance. What was it Fighter Archer and Wizard, and daggers were the highest dps weapon, Magic bolt could miss and did less damage than an arrow? Yeah 1.0 was much more tolerable in comparison to 4.0.
  • jgfujgfu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well back to subject >_>....

You going to make an more videos? Like updates, your ideas on stuff you where thinking about?, or anything like that XD Like the videos and think others also. There is a few builds out there that worry me leading are faithful clerics on the wrong path. Other then that great job again and hope to see more of you work. Maybe a Typed out guide *hint hint*
  • groborthirgroborthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Hiya, thank you so much for the guide, Unspecified, it looks like a build that suits my playstyle very good, so I will shamelessly copy it. :)

I have one question, though, and it is pertaining to your choice of companion: I think I remember you mentioned in one of your videos, which I, by the way, watched religiously, that you were going to use the cat companion for the recovery and critical hit buff. I think I recall somewhere someone saying the buff gives you an extra 100 to each stat, is this true, or does the buff scale in any sort of manner with gear/ranks on the cat itself? And if it's only 100, do you think it is worth the 980,000 astral diamonds?

Thank you in advance!
    "Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
    Bring me my Arrows of desire:
    Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
    Bring me my Chariot of fire!"
  • quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You get 100% of the Cat's stats so it depends on how you build it with Runes and such. I believe Unspecified's Cat had 600+ in some stats.
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • groborthirgroborthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    You get 100% of the Cat's stats so it depends on how you build it with Runes and such. I believe Unspecified's Cat had 600+ in some stats.

Ah, splendid, I guess then that it is indeed quite worth the 980,000 astral diamonds afterall. ;)
    "Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
    Bring me my Arrows of desire:
    Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
    Bring me my Chariot of fire!"
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    groborthir wrote: »
    Ah, splendid, I guess then that it is indeed quite worth the 980,000 astral diamonds afterall. ;)

My cat has base stats of 235 crit and recovery (I have 20 Cha, not sure how that plays into it).
    Currently my cat gives me:
    129 Armor Pen
    622 Critical Strike
    360 Defense
    279 Power
    892 Recovery

I have all T1 purples on it and rank 6 runestones, though I need to swap out the defense stone for a gain X% of pets stats since even 7% of those stats is worth more than the 150 defense the current stone is giving me.

On a side note I've recently respecced but before I make a video on that I need to test it in a dungeon. The most major changes are a result of examining other builds here on the forums. I've put point into the divinity building feats in the Righteous path and I've removed points from Invigorated Healing and Moontouched. The current point spread is 2/14/15 though I think maybe a 2/15/14 would have been a better choice.

Once I'm satisfied with it I'll make another video detailing the build and another running some T2 dungeon or another to demonstrate it.
  • kitzakoskitzakos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you're getting 100% of your stats pets regardless? i thought you have to rune for it. Anyway..i'm completely clueless in how i should "gear" my cat and which runestones i should slot. (im currently 55 DC and my cat is 27) any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kitzakos wrote: »
    So you're getting 100% of your stats pets regardless? i thought you have to rune for it. Anyway..i'm completely clueless in how i should "gear" my cat and which runestones i should slot. (im currently 55 DC and my cat is 27) any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Yes you get 100% of the cat's stats regardless. Note this is the pet called Cat you buy for 980k AD. Not the Panther.

With a rank 7 Eldritch rune in the defensive slot you can get 108.5% of the Cat's stats so you actually want your best ring, amulet, and belt on the cat and not yourself. :)

As for gearing the Cat pet you just want to put on whatever gives you the stats you want.
  • kitzakoskitzakos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ooooh..i thought you were referring to the panther as cat :P . I guess i'll just buy the cat then, when i find where it is sold. I haven't spent any of my 2,6mil promo AD yet.

I'm also close to 60 following your previous build and loving it! Looking forward to your new video with the new build! :)

thank you
  • russadirrussadir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    priest is good for pvp?
  • crimsycrimsy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am using your build, and I must say it works perfectly for me, I haven`t done any epics yet but its doing its job. Thanks for putting up this guide.

Cheers~
    ~Beholder~
    Saffran Elf Devoted Cleric - 60
  • tribeca76tribeca76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should also let people know how much money you have spent in the cash shop. Seeing as you are a cash shop gamer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.bulwarkclan.net/neverwinter

A PVE Guild
    edited May 2013
    So when is your next video coming out?

Love having Ref with building my cleric. I changed it yet again, but only my self to blame because I keep testing and changing things. I got this idea but need more testing before going to post it. Like to hear from your side again about few of those skills that where up in the air. I also read a few post from the other forums. Wish there was a topic for mass amount of information on skills but don't mind hunting around for it. Gives me something to do.

Well hope to see your new video soon. Thanks again for information and help
    edited May 2013
    tribeca76 wrote: »
    You should also let people know how much money you have spent in the cash shop. Seeing as you are a cash shop gamer.

Honestly it's not really relevant to anything I posted. Actually my goal with this was to save people from having to spend money. Yes I bought the $200 founders pack which got me the Cat pet because of the 2,000,000 AD to start but it's not strictly necessary, just really helpful. Yes I bought the rock golem, Galeb Durh, but once I got the cat pet I stopped using it and wish I had just used the Man At Arms to level instead.

Almost all the other money I've spent has been crafting related and since I haven't quite produced purple shirts/pants yet it's not even remotely relevant.

If you watch my videos you'll see a Health Stone in my second item slot. That's the one that came with the founders pack. It's also still there and has around 170 charges. Health Stones are actually kind of buggy and don't always work. Potions are more reliable and are what I use 99% of the time. I buy them from a vendor for gold. Gold is easy to farm in mass quantities. I make gold accidentally.

I really don't understand why you think the money I've spent is related to anything I said in any of my videos. We all get the same powers and feats. We can all make the same builds. There are a few people in my guild I'm doing T2 epics with who haven't spent a dime yet and they seem to be getting along just fine. They've made AD by selling BoE epics they won on greed roles.

There should be a new video or two up tomorrow some time. I'll be talking about my current build and why I changed things. It won't be as in depth as my previous videos but a general overview of everything. I will also be talking about gear, stats, and diminishing returns. It will probably be a separate video depending on run time of the two topics and if I can separate them, my spec is tied to available gear at end game and the diminishing returns on stats in some ways.
  • irithaeirithae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the info about the *Cat* companion, and for sharing your perspective on "cost" of levelling/gearing.

I'm looking forward to videos any time you have more you can share!
  • difinitusdifinitus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    russadir wrote: »
    priest is good for pvp?

You're in the wrong video game.
  • rangorvixrangorvix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ignore the haters Unspecified - cash shop gamer LoL, I and I am sure many others reading your good work couldn't give a **** and it isnt really all that important to helpful guides.

Anyway, keep up the good work, ive read your input (and others) with interest and am likely to go DC now - when I find the time to play. Ive always enjoyed healing in games in the past - although I am no serious gamer - and I think your videos have given me the confidence to give it a go in Neverwinter as well - as I had thought about being a CW until rescently.

Look forward to your next builds, ideas, musing's, etc.
  • saraibaxeadasaraibaxeada Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cant wait for the new videos, love the xplanation in all the skills and all your things.
    Incoming signature