test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tenacity - PvE Progression guild

rympharympha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
z4GVCTI.jpg
vox_edited-4_zpsf285842b.png
Post edited by rympha on

Comments

• asboeasboe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    seriously a skill test ? fine as long as the guild leader and all officers also take the same test at the same time with the same lvl and gear , should be fun organising that....if i beat the guild leader i then become the new guild leader ?
  • rympharympha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited April 2013
    asboe wrote: »
    seriously a skill test ? fine as long as the guild leader and all officers also take the same test at the same time with the same lvl and gear , should be fun organising that....if i beat the guild leader i then become the new guild leader ?

The skill test is designed to make sure you are not a moron, not to make sure you are the greatest player that ever lived. Since we also don't tolerate trolling, you sir should refrain from applying. but thanks for the ridiculous comment.
  • cspatriotcspatriot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No it's ok inconsiderate, deep down he wants to join us, thats why he gave us free bumps.
    zeke_edited-13_zps0e98b4d6.png
  • rympharympha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited April 2013
    cspatriot wrote: »
    deep down he wants to join us

Selective recruitment is a beautiful thing
  • asboeasboe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    here is another free bump for you.
    You shouldn't really make personal attacks over a forum post, i am neither a troll or an unskilled player. neither
    am i a monkey and i refuse to dance while you sit in your bedroom grinding your organ.

i do not see why i should do a skill test for you unless you and all your guild are prepared to do one for me a reasonable request you have chosen to ignore, and i hope your reaction to my post is noted by all potential recruits , if you are this aggressive on a forum what are you going to be like should someone displease you in game

PS. interesting to note you never acquired any achievements in a game you intend to run a guild in did you even play ? which makes your skill test seem even more ridiculous.
    edited April 2013
    asboe wrote: »
    here is another free bump for you.
    You shouldn't really make personal attacks over a forum post, i am neither a troll or an unskilled player. neither
    am i a monkey and i refuse to dance while you sit in your bedroom grinding your organ.

i do not see why i should do a skill test for you unless you and all your guild are prepared to do one for me a reasonable request you have chosen to ignore, and i hope your reaction to my post is noted by all potential recruits , if you are this aggressive on a forum what are you going to be like should someone displease you in game , but as everyone knows you can win an argument with an American so ill bow out before you invade !

PS. interesting to note you never acquired any achievements in a game you intend to run a guild in did you even play ? which makes your skill test seem even more ridiculous.

I will reply to you, even though your a troll and I know I shouldnt feed you, I do feel like you bring up some points that serious players may actually be interested in. Because you dont know you are a troll, I will go ahead and give you the definition, "The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue." Yep, that pretty much explains what you are doing here.

The skill test is taken by every player. So everyone that is a member or higher has taken the skill test. Since I will be running with most of our members, everyone will get to see my skills as well. As far as one member wanting everyone to do the skills test in front of them. Well, that's fine, after you are tested, your welcome to tag along on every other test if you want. However it would be ridiculous for me to ask each member to skill test for every other member. If you hold an audition for a play, you make people act and decide if they are good enough for your play, you don't make them audition to each individual cast member. If you can't find a way to trust me enough to tell you who passed the skill test, well, you shouldn't trust me enough to be the guild leader anyways.

Our Raidcall information is in the News section of our forums, if you want to find out if I'm aggressive or not for yourself, hop in raidcall, talk to the other guild members, talk to me. You are more than welcome to hang out as long as you are not disrespectful towards anyone.

I played in BW4. I tested out all the characters to see which playstyle I preferred and to learn a little bit about each one. I am a big achievement fan, and I did get quite a few achievements in game during the BW4. Either asboe has a bad source for his information, or he was looking at a character I made for testing purposes.

Finally, I would like to let everyone know that for some reason Asboe began to troll this post, after he so obviously trolled, I told him he could not be accepted into the guild. Trolling is a huge no-no for us at Tenacity. I dont believe I was mean or aggressive in any way. It is very simple, we dont tolerate trolls, he shouldnt waste his time applying. He is just mad I suppose, please dont let him bother you.
  • streamofsolacestreamofsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You should strongly consider a text version of your image. You've presented a non-searchable wall of text in a format (all capitals) that studies show is hard for humans to read.
    edited April 2013
    You should strongly consider a text version of your image. You've presented a non-searchable wall of text in a format (all capitals) that studies show is hard for humans to read.

Thanks for your suggestion, if you click anywhere on the image it will take you to our website where you can read all of the information in another format. I will have to remake the image because there are spelling errors that I want to fix, I will use a different font when I do, however, I want to leave it as an image. It is cleaner and more professional looking.

We do have another post on the forums that has searchable text, unless there is a specific reason why you need this particular post to be searchable, in which case I would ask you to elaborate.
  • cspatriotcspatriot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    \

as opposed to how hard all caps is for penguins to read? :P

Vox will change the font. Won't you Vox...? .....Vox? I agree with you about it being hard to read though.
  • streamofsolacestreamofsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cspatriot wrote: »
    \

as opposed to how hard all caps is for penguins to read? :P

Vox will change the font. Won't you Vox...? .....Vox? I agree with you about it being hard to read though.

I believe penguins actually find all capital letters no harder to read than normal formatting!

And free bump since you seem to be decent people, despite the image.
    edited April 2013
    Yes Zeke, I will change the font...ima get on that right now.

Also, I will change the other post to include all the information in this one, but with searchable text. That way we can have it both ways, clean professional looking image, and searchable text.

Thanks for the bumps guys, keep up the good work. We are actually very close to our target size. We are also less than 24 hours from our recruitment shutting down. Keep in mind that it may open up again in the future, we need the break to schedule and complete skill tests our current players with out having to schedule any new ones.
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't think the guy was trolling, I believe it is actually an honest question.

Nobody has proven themselves yet and what guarantee does the recruit have that he is not asking to join a guild where a mediocre few are attempting to surround themselves with elite players ?

At this stage everyone is on almost equal footing as most have been in beta on numerous occasions and a good number have been in all.

But good luck on your recruitment and your welcome for the free bump :)
    edited April 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    I don't think the guy was trolling, I believe it is actually an honest question.

Nobody has proven themselves yet and what guarantee does the recruit have that he is not asking to join a guild where a mediocre few are attempting to surround themselves with elite players ?

At this stage everyone is on almost equal footing as most have been in beta on numerous occasions and a good number have been in all.

I'll concede that you have a point, however, if a recruit does not feel comfortable with not knowing how well we handle ourselves in combat, then i urge them to find another guild to apply. I do not consider that to be unreasonable. The three people that started this guild have all played with each other before and we know what to expect from one another. We are not attempting to surround "mediocre" players with elite players, and if you dont believe that then thats ok. We started this guild so that we wouldnt have to search through pages of guilds that are accepting anyone and everyone, and then when it comes to end game, they only take their core group of players and leave everyone else behind. We are attempting to surround like-minded progression motivated individuals with other like-minded progression motivated individuals. I am pretty sure that is the point of a guild. The tests are just a measure put in place to be sure that no one in our guild is afraid of a challenge.
  • skumbagduskskumbagdusk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lichlament wrote: »

Legit question, but he approached it the wrong way. And it quickly devolved into blatant trolling.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Ok, the thread has been cleaned.

I'll keep this short and sweet:
    If you disagree with another guilds recruitment strategy either leave constructive feedback or don't comment at all. If you insult them I can't blame them for fighting back. ;)

Best of luck Tenacity.
    edited April 2013
    This section is meant as searchable text.

Recruitment:

Guild Website: http://tenacitynwo.guildlaunch.com/
    Guild Currently Recruiting: Mainly DPS at the moment
    Current Guild Size: 26 members
    Guild Size Goal: 50 active members
    Guild Type: PvE progression focused with PvP events
    Guild Peak Time Zones: We have players in EST and PST, times vary
    Voice Chat Program: Raidcall (yes, its mandatory for members)

We are not a roleplay guild, though we dont mind if our players participate in it. We are focused on pve progression, however we do guild and community events. We will also accept casual players only if they are in the guild to play with other members of the guild. they will not be able to rank up in the guild. All applicants will be required to take a skill test before they will be considered a member. Casual players excluded.

About Us:

Tenacity was created by like minded gamers. We have individual backgrounds in a large variety of games including World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Aion, Rift, Star Wars: The Old Republic, TERA, Planetside 2, Defiance, and many many more. Over the years we have started to notice a serious lack of what we consider serious gamers. We don't require our members to raid twenty hours a week or be online at specific times. We do however require our members to not be scared of progression. If you are playing this game to have someone carry you through content, look for a different guild. If you are playing this game to put in hard work and dedication to progress through difficult content, feel free to apply. Be warned, while we will help people gear up, we will expect you to earn your gear. With that said, we do love to have a good time. We laugh almost constantly while we play, but we know how to get serious when progression needs to be accomplished.

Skill Test:

Our skill test has two parts.

The first part is a test of your ability to avoid taking unnecessary damage. This will be accomplished by watching you solo an elite mob of your own level.

The second part is a test of your ability to fulfill your role in a group setting and follow directions both in and out of combat. This will be accomplished in a five man dungeon group. Instructions for you to follow will be given by the event leader over raidcall.

Rank Explanations:

Casual - Rank given to friends and family of our members

Initiate - Players who had their application accepted, but still need to be skill tested.

Member - Players who have passed the skill test and are a full part of the guild.

Elite Member - A member of the guild that has really stood out amongst the rest, they are capable of upgrading to officer or class leader if they choose

Officer - Elite members must fill out an application and be accepted in order to reach this rank.

Class Leader - Elite members must fill out an application and be accepted in order to reach this rank.

Elite Officer - Only officers and class leaders can apply for this position. Applications will be voted on by the guild leader and the other elite officers.

Guild Leader - This position belongs to Vox Rympha for now.

F.A.Q.:

Why the name tenacity?
    We believe that too many players give up too easily or want content that they can faceroll because they think everything should be handed to them. By using the name tenacity, we are hopefully constantly reminding our players that anything worth doing is going to be hard to do, but they should keep at it and never give up.

What demands do you make of your players?
    The only demands we have for outside of the guild is that you be respectful to other players and absolutely no trolling. The same rules apply within the guild with a few more additions, all of which are in our rules and guidelines.

Are east coast and west coast events going to be specific to those players?
    No. In fact none of our events or members will be labeled east coast or west coast. The difference is that officers in different time zones will be scheduling events at times that work for them. Any player is more than welcome to join any event.

How does progression work in a game without raids?
    Many of our members have experience with TERA. In TERA, there was only 5 man content as well, but the content was difficult enough that not everyone was able to clear it all. They label their dungeon delves as challenging, hopefully that means that the content will actually be difficult.

What server will Tenacity be starting on?
    We have chosen to start on Mindflayer. We dont need to be with other progression guilds to be effective, and we would rather be with the RP community than with the take-all guilds. Typically servers with the really big guilds have the most trolls, we dont want to be in that type of community. Although to be honest, we did not know that the RP guilds were planning on Mindflayer when we chose it, but it worked out great.
  • summeranne58summeranne58 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank god or gods. I have been sifting through all the guilds in the huge directory and saw none of what this guild seems to stand for which is exactly what I am looking for. Granted this game might not be difficult but I hope it is. I am sure there was hate but I didn't even read and had to post. I have major experience with progression in previous games and will apply if your still looking for people.
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In the Skill Test portion of the ad, you wrote "unnesssissary" when it should've been "unnecessary".
    edited April 2013
    In the Skill Test portion of the ad, you wrote "unnesssissary" when it should've been "unnecessary".

Thanks, I will fix it.

Edit: recruitment poster is fixed. Thanks again for the heads up Soulwarrior78
    Thank god or gods. =P I have been sifting through all the guilds in the huge directory and saw none of what this guild seems to stand for which is exactly what I am looking for. Granted this game might not be difficult but I hope it is. I am sure there was hate but I didn't even read and had to post. I have major experience with progression in previous games and will apply if your still looking for people.

We are still looking for people. Mainly DPS at the moment, but good players are always welcome.
  • jtype001jtype001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    Looks great Rympha.
    Just finished the application.
    edited April 2013
    Since our other thread got closed down (understandably), I thought I would re-post one of my favorites:

We want players who get back up when they have been beaten down.

We want players who laugh in the face of danger.

We want players that don't accept that they can't kill a certain boss.

We want players that wipe to a boss and say "This time, he will die"

We want players who don't quit, even when they are the last one alive.

If you are that kind of player, We want you. Apply at tenacitynwo.guildlaunch.com
  • garn88garn88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think the post is good as is.
  • garn88garn88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh nvm, I failed to read thru. Sry.
    edited April 2013
    garn88 wrote: »
    I think the post is good as is.

Well, I have been making adjustments as people have brought up suggestions.
    edited April 2013
    Tenacity will be shutting down recruitment later than expected. Players can still apply via our website, but no new applications will be accepted after 3pm EST/12pm PST on April 25th. The purpose of the pause in recruitment is to be able to get everyone scheduled for skill testing and to find out what classes everyone decides to go with. Tenacity is currently just above 30 active players which is slightly lower than the goals of the guild, so we will be opening recruitment back up in the future. Once we find out what classes everyone in the guild finally settle on, we will only be recruiting the classes we need.
    edited April 2013
    last chance to apply! recruitment is closing at noon PST.
  • iamtreaveiamtreave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    <Tenacity> is once again opening its doors to recruits! With open beta in full-sail, we are looking for more like-minded people to accompany us through endgame. We have multiple groups running t1s and t2s gearing up for whatever lies ahead! If you have the need for endgame progression, hop on over to tenacitynwo.guildlaunch.com/ and submit your app! We also have many people PvPing in our spare time and have made a good foothold in it! Happy hunting!
  • zongocrazyzongocrazy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im currently downloading the game now new to this kind of game but im sure not standing in the oh **** area wouldnt be too hard is there a level requirement?
  • renisathrenisath Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a level requirement for joining?
  • jimkirkjimkirk Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm still guildless not sure what server your guild is on but my in game name is "deep purple"