test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Turn off the insufferable Admin spam and allow us to discard/vendor lockboxes.

2»

Comments

• stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Because each time a message pops up that someone got the rare prize from a lockbox, it represents that people have been using keys.... which means they've been spending zen..... which means they've been spending $$$. And people spending $$$ in the cash shop, supplies all the insufferable "ZOMG CASH SHOP TOO EXPENSIVE! DISGUSTING!" whiners with a free game.

(What I did with those announcements, is go into the UI settings, and move it to the upper corner of the screen. Now, I rarely notice it, since it's not right in the middle of my view.)

I have even have heard folks pretty much admit that it pisses them off to see that people are spending in the cash shop...these are the exact same stellar individuals who send death threat tells to those who win a GIM. the only time I even look at chat is when the /tell chime goes off.

Some people will cry about anything...and the PWI hate squad will cry about everything.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    You want a quick, easy, and (almost certainly) popular solution?
    Make the !^@% Boxes sellable to Rinks (The little Kobold by the A.D. Vendor) for 50 A.D. each. Suddenly they have real value, even if you don't want to open them. And, let me tell you something CripticWorld, turning Lockbox Haters into Lockbox Lovers is a GREAT way to convince people to buy more Keys. Heck, you have the option to, basically, buy your Lockbox Key with other Lockboxes.

Actually the players have stepped in and found a solution to that, selling the boxes for keys the current exchange is 10-15 per one key and gives folks who don't or can't spend money a way to participate.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If yo uwant to sell em, post them at 1d start bid no buyout. They will all sell, guaranteed.
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have even have heard folks pretty much admit that it pisses them off to see that people are spending in the cash shop...these are the exact same stellar individuals who send death threat tells to those who win a GIM. the only time I even look at chat is when the /tell chime goes off.

Some people will cry about anything...and the PWI hate squad will cry about everything.

its this new warcraft generation of spoiled bratty kids that have let's things like this become the norm.
  • polymaticpolymatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    :mad:
    TITLE.

Enough is enough.
    I know you're trying really hard to promote cash shop but seriously, nobody cares if Joe Blow received a nightmare my little pony.
    Also what's with nightmare lockboxes not being able to be discarded or vendored?
    I have 2 stacks in my bags which I can't do anything with.

Just an fyi: you *can* discard the lockboxes. Just click and drag them from your bags to the game world. You'll even get a prompt asking if you want to discard them.

I'd recommend putting them on the AH, though. If people are dumb enough to buy them, might as well reap some benefit.
    Fighter.jpg
  • hdgamepowerhdgamepower Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lockboxes CAN be stick together...
  • stormkeep#9618 stormkeep Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    polymatic wrote: »
    Just an fyi: you *can* discard the lockboxes. Just click and drag them from your bags to the game world. You'll even get a prompt asking if you want to discard them.

I'd recommend putting them on the AH, though. If people are dumb enough to buy them, might as well reap some benefit.

That does not work on lockboxes. You must be buying keys and using yours, considering you didn't know it didn't work. ;p
  • cdrbrigadecdrbrigade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Insufferable? Dude it's not that bad calm down.. You're pathetic for even raging about this :\ you can hardly notice it with the dumb****s in zone chat anyway. Get real, this is just a petty attention grab attempt.
    This....I can barely notice them.OP Guy is just a goob.
  • aliradreamwalkeraliradreamwalker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't mind the lock boxes (I've only had one drop for me anyway, and the others I've got came from trade with my daughter), but seeing the "So-and-so just received a 'whatever'" is a bit annoying. I've had it pop up in the middle of a fight and yes, it IS a distraction. IMO, only important things like maintenance alerts should flash across the screen like that. Someone getting an item? That's irrelevant information. It interrupts the flow, even when you ignore it. Please, leave it in the chat.
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can edit the chat box to disable admin messages, not sure if it stops the pop up designed make those who spent 1/3 the cost of a new game release one a single item like a special little flower.
  • darkbiliedarkbilie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They amde the same mistake with spamming this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in STO and CO. Good thing they made an option in STO (not sure about CO) where you can turn off the notifications....yet with their new game they didnt...whats the deal?
  • zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made an empty chat tab named Silence, because quite frankly the game is full of cretins. When I get fed up with these abominations of society, I call out "Silence, fools!" and click the tab. Sadly I still have annoying Error and Admin text.

What do the lockboxes stack to? 99 or 100 would be my guess. In that case can't see it as being a big deal.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Being unable to discard lock boxes is just a (insert swear here) move U__U"
  • slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    So far i have been able to sell all mine. I did a few to get the purple pet. Was far cheaper then then the other zen purple pets.

So now i have two purple pets. Though I have bought a bunch of zen i use on the profession packs. Though still relatively expensive (you get a smaller one every five days from praying) i have found all the item useful for me or valuable for trade.

But buying keys for a purple mount? Ouch.
  • fourmemberfourmember Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dont mind people spending money for the keys, its not my money, where in options is it to turn off the admin messages
  • daedracdaedrac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    And the auto-fill when typing in chat. When I type 'sup' (as in 'hi') I do not mean the guildmates name with sup at the front. Same thing with 'fun'. THE most obnoxious chat I've ever dealt with.
  • tyler23434tyler23434 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mail them to your self and delete the email.
  • jayne360jayne360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can discard them.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    jaggidedje wrote: »
    That does not work on lockboxes. You must be buying keys and using yours, considering you didn't know it didn't work. ;p
    1. My lockboxes stack.
    2. I can discard them.
    3. I can sell them in the store.

So... what's the problem? I keep seeing people complaining about the lockboxes, but I can't be the only one who don't have a problem with them. They are just random trash to me. Sell if I bother, discard if I don't. And yes, I mean the ones where you get a mount or pet, and needs to be opened by keys you buy for real money. I've done it since after launch.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jayne360 wrote: »
    You can discard them.

6 months ago when this thread had a reason to be alive you couldn't vendor or discard them , will somebody put this unnecessarily necroed thread out of its misery .
  • serengettiserengetti Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2013
    ladymythos wrote: »
    1. My lockboxes stack.
    2. I can discard them.
    3. I can sell them in the store.

So... what's the problem? I keep seeing people complaining about the lockboxes, but I can't be the only one who don't have a problem with them. They are just random trash to me. Sell if I bother, discard if I don't. And yes, I mean the ones where you get a mount or pet, and needs to be opened by keys you buy for real money. I've done it since after launch.

Do you just type random stuff in search, select the first thread, and post on it without looking at the date of the last post, like an idiot?

Or do you really enjoy role playing as a chaotic evil necromancer on the forum? :P
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If a thread needs our attention, please use the "Report Post" function.

Do note that all threads over 30 days old are considered "dead" and posting in such threads is considered "necroposting" and not allowed under Rules of Conduct.

If over 30 days since the last post, please feel free to create a new thread. Thanks!!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.