test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I would probably spend a lot of money on this game if the prices were halved.

Comments

• Options
    dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    One thing I will say I don't like. Is that the bank space isn't shared amongst characters. That's a little extreme.
  • Options
    ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dreamo1984 wrote: »
    You can farm AD and sell it for Zen then use it to buy whatever you want.

Have you really, no I mean really looked into this system you speak of? Besides being a hellified immersion breaker (wait, its OUR version of D&D, not yours, were just using the name to cloak our cash shop), to a new person who hasnt seen this, yet alone someone familiar with this system, its NOT EASY NOR FLUID to comprehend at the start, let alone master with any real efficiency.

Like I said else where, too high prices + overly complicated system requiring exchange system = 2/3 mule accounts = less money for their "f2p" model. Im fine with it, but we are here because we want to enjoy this, and help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • Options
    sers1sers1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just wish the costumes were a BIT cheaper and account wide like Cryptic's other games. in Champions if a costume came out as a rule I would generally just pick it up and figure one of my chars would use it eventually. here i have 3k zen but dont wanna spend it unless its something i KNOW i will use, cause i can get so much less with my money.

impulse buys are your friend.
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Gotta agree with the OP regarding the astounding prices for items in the game. Even a dollar in the shop means I vote for it. I think I invested enough anyway, enough I shouldn't be paying $10 for a bag, or $40 for a mount. You can buy another game for that.

I am not surprised there are enough of you out there who pay it, you must since they charge it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dreamo1984 wrote: »
    You can farm AD and sell it for Zen then use it to buy whatever you want.

absolutly rightm except for the part where you will die of old age before you are able to afford several basic commodities thru AD-to-zen means

I'd rather they reduced the irrational pricing of stuff a tad bit and purchase it with money, so at the same time I help them fund the game, than having to deal with the inmensely insane hamster wheel they have here.

I swear, most people must have failed maths at 3th grade. if they were able to make a quick calc and realize the amount of time/effort it would take to buy something as simple as a bag with ADs, they would shut their frikin traps forever.
  • Options
    sman421999sman421999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All comes down to you not wanting to pay LESS for a game that is BETTER. Does that make sense?
    But you can still play for FREE if your that bugged up about it ok?
    Aww but you want even more than an entire game for free? you want extra bag slots and respecs for free too? I guess life is so tough and you should get everything you want because your special.
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sman421999 wrote: »
    All comes down to you not wanting to pay LESS for a game that is BETTER. Does that make sense?
    Aww but you want even more than an entire game for free? you want extra bag slots and respecs for free too? I guess life is so tough and you should get everything you want because your special.

One big red herring right here. Text book actually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Now you are just being an ***- people arent asking for free. People are asking for reasonable. What they are trying to tell them is they will probably only have about 7 people just like you left crying on their forums a year from now, and some college grad economist who told them this system/price level would be viable and welcomed will be begging for his job or already suckered his way into another leaving NW out to dry a slow, mummified EMU death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sman421999sman421999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When right, get accused of English language wizadry...check

When right, have people ignore the solid points you bring up and go off on tangents about fake college grads and forum crying in a year...check

Well folks all in a days work
  • Options
    square0square0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I don't understand you.

I want to understand you, but I don't. Maybe you can help me here. What are you afraid of losing? What do you feel you need to defend to such an extent?

Your posts are obviously emotionally charged, and from my perspective it's kind of distorting your argument through hyperbole and ad hominem and such.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    square0 wrote: »
    I don't understand you.

I want to understand you, but I don't. Maybe you can help me here. What are you afraid of losing? What do you feel you need to defend to such an extent?

Your posts are obviously emotionally charged, and from my perspective it's kind of distorting your argument through hyperbole and ad hominem and such.

I just tell it like it is, its funny when people get hit with the truth they don't want to hear they start stammering and stuttering and talking about red herrings and hyperboles and emotionally charged...the fact is, so many people are complaining about "pay2win" and "outragesous" prices about a game that is 100% free to play. Its insulting to see people complain about a certain feature they want not being cheaper or free...when if they had a proper perspective they would realize they are getting a good deal.
  • Options
    square0square0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just tell it like it is, its funny when people get hit with the truth they don't want to hear they start stammering and stuttering and talking about red herrings and hyperboles and emotionally charged...the fact is, so many people are complaining about "pay2win" and "outragesous" prices about a game that is 100% free to play. Its insulting to see people complain about a certain feature they want not being cheaper or free...when if they had a proper perspective they would realize they are getting a good deal.

Okay, that was a much better post, thank you.

I might not necessarily agree with you, but I understand your argument a lot better now. Maybe you could elaborate on what proper perspective you're talking about?
  • Options
    redrvka1134redrvka1134 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Path of Exile is the best F2P game out there. GGG knows how to run a good company. PWE knows how to run a good game too, right into the ground. He is right, the OP. About the amount of players this game will have, just look at any of PWE's other games to see he is right. This game is no different.

riiiiiight. so you're saying a game is only as good as it's cash shop... bahahahaha dum dum dum dum dummmm
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    40 dollars for good bags in all my slots? ON top of that they expect us to gamble with there boxes...

Having 4 24 slot bags is not a need. It's a want. And really isn't even all that necessary. I bought 1 bag. More than enough when you add in the two you get from questing. You can play just fine without spending 40 dollars on bags. What are you doing that you need 126 inventory slots?

And if you don't want to gamble on the lockboxes you don't have to.
  • Options
    alexthegkalexthegk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree op , seriously in my case 10 euros for a bag , that's just ridiculous

and what bugs me the most is why only 2 character slots ? i would have been interested in other classes but i cant.

I get its its f2p and they have to get the money somehow , but everything is just too expensive . would gladly pay if the prices were lower
  • Options
    lucidp2klucidp2k Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    I wrote to the Lamborghini folks once, said they sell a lot more if they were much cheaper.

...you just compared an item mall game to an over priced car... either that was the best display of sardonic conversation I've seen on the forums, or you are completely disconnected with reality.
    gwhEUci.png
    Spend less time complaining about shop prices and more time improving your salary.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    square0 wrote: »
    Okay, that was a much better post, thank you.

I might not necessarily agree with you, but I understand your argument a lot better now. Maybe you could elaborate on what proper perspective you're talking about?

As I posted earlier. The truth is people can get their extra features and tweaks added to their game at a price that is better than what other mmos charge when you take into effect the 60$ box price and/or 15$ monthly charge. So it is insulting to see the hypocrisy when they yell "cheap" and "greed" at a company when they themselves are the ones being cheap and greedy. Or better yet as has been pointed out too many times already, there is a mechanism in the game that would allow you to farm the currency to purchase whatever you want in the game, so you can get your extra features,tweaks, and perks without ever spending any real money.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When right, get accused of English language wizadry...check

When right, have people ignore the solid points you bring up and go off on tangents about fake college grads and forum crying in a year...check

Well folks all in a days work

Ive been working and playing in this industry since it started. I'm just real good at calling it as I know (how) it ends up. People, and yes, even some of them more knowledgeable than perhaps the developers/studios in question being passionate and offering sometimes stinging reality checks in hopes for improvement are just as much a possibility, so deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drowbeatendrowbeaten Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play another game that charges $9.50 for a permanent mount. 7 of my chars have mounts. Had they charged $30-40 for a mount, they would be mountless. All of them have HP pots bought from the shop. 4 of them have had makeovers so far and outfits. I've bought bank and inventory space(which is nowhere near $10)and even gambled a couple times on their boxes and got some nice 30-day items. This is just in the 2 months I've played it. All because they charged a reasonable price. They understand that the "more value for the dollar" works and causes the credit card to appear.

I've bought nothing here so far and won't until the prices are reasonable rather than outrageous. It's all about the principle.
  • Options
    ganzor123ganzor123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The prices are insane. 10 EURO for a simple bag is just steep. I would happily spend more money on this game if prices were more fair.
  • Options
    withoutmagicwithoutmagic Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As I posted earlier. The truth is people can get their extra features and tweaks added to their game at a price that is better than what other mmos charge when you take into effect the 60$ box price and/or 15$ monthly charge. So it is insulting to see the hypocrisy when they yell "cheap" and "greed" at a company when they themselves are the ones being cheap and greedy. Or better yet as has been pointed out too many times already, there is a mechanism in the game that would allow you to farm the currency to purchase whatever you want in the game, so you can get your extra features,tweaks, and perks without ever spending any real money.
    I guess you missed my post, on the 3rd or 4th page. I was clearly stating that i would pay a subscription/make a commitment to pay a subscription for a year if i could buy bag/bank space with ad/gold. So if i'm thinking that 12*15 aka 300$ payed in a year, would be better/less than paying 10$ per 18 bank slots (or was it 16?) and/or 10$ per bag, it starts the question, are they too expensive?
    The answer is yes!
    More or less, i could get that bag space and bank slots in 4-5 months of subscription money, but that wouldn't take away the feeling of being cheated/robed with ridiculous prices for nothing. And just don't get me started on multiple characters.
    In the end, it would be a win-win. They would get more money (or arround the same kind of money) off me and i'd get what i want with a sence that i worked for it/i wasn't ripped off.
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sers1 wrote: »
    i just wish the costumes were a BIT cheaper and account wide like Cryptic's other games. in Champions if a costume came out as a rule I would generally just pick it up and figure one of my chars would use it eventually. here i have 3k zen but dont wanna spend it unless its something i KNOW i will use, cause i can get so much less with my money.

QFT

I really want to buy cosmetic outfits, especially because all the armor looks the same. But it's just so expensive, and character bound! If it was account unlock, I might buy it at this crazy high price. If it was cheaper, I might buy it if it were character bound. But instead, I do neither.
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No what is insulting is watching yet another fanboy defend a lousy sales practice, out of some misplaced affection for a business. Its pathetic. Its disgusting how easily you're suckered. How gullible. Free to play games often make more money than subscriptions, and people like you write off every flaw by stating its free status.

Bugs? FTP
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor support? FTP
    Sleazy money making scheme? FTP

To paraphrase the Cynical Brit:
    Everything is ok to you, because you're the kind of person who is less interested in standing up for yourself, and more interested in what your confirmation bias tells you to do. "I purchased the product. I can't be wrong. Ergo anyone who suggests that I was wrong to purchase the product, or that this product is somehow subpar, must be wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sYp-eggD1Q&list=HL1367676192
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    cookieyumyummycookieyumyummy Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    No what is insulting is watching yet another fanboy defend a lousy sales practice, out of some misplaced affection for a business. Its pathetic. Its disgusting how easily you're suckered. How gullible. Free to play games often make more money than subscriptions, and people like you write off every flaw by stating its free status.

Bugs? FTP
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor support? FTP
    Sleazy money making scheme? FTP

To paraphrase the Cynical Brit:
    Everything is ok to you, because you're the kind of person who is less interested in standing up for yourself, and more interested in what your confirmation bias tells you to do. "I purchased the product. I can't be wrong. Ergo anyone who suggests that I was wrong to purchase the product, or that this product is somehow subpar, must be wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sYp-eggD1Q&list=HL1367676192

But guuuyys, it's open beta! Fanboys, got to luv'em!

Anyway, I'm going to be the guy who's going to have a freaking awesome time without having to pay a dime :)

I'd happily contribute and buy a few things here and there, but the trade off is a bit too low to be worth it in my opinion.

Soooo no money from me ^^
  • Options
    raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand how people can be defending the pricing in the zen store or even the pricing of AD items in game. The Zen store is stupidly outrageous in it's prices from bags to respec tokens. It's all too high.

I get that this game is F2P and that it needs sales in the cash shop to make money and I support sales of a reasonable price. About the only thing I call reasonably priced is the profession booster packs and keys so far. Everything else could and should be reviewed for a reduction in price.

Edit: I'm also quite happy to spend loads of money in the cash shop when priced right. I don't want everything free but I do want to feel that like I'm not paying through the nose for items that I may want.
  • Options
    besharpebesharpe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I know I would spend money if the pricing index was more reasonable. However, one thing stands as a deal breaker, I hope they are truely listening, I WILL NOT PAY FOR RESPECS!. Please for the love of god make it in game gold or a REASONABLE amount of AD.
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    raaize wrote: »
    I don't understand how people can be defending the pricing in the zen store or even the pricing of AD items in game. The Zen store is stupidly outrageous in it's prices from bags to respec tokens. It's all too high.

I get that this game is F2P and that it needs sales in the cash shop to make money and I support sales of a reasonable price. About the only thing I call reasonably priced is the profession booster packs and keys so far. Everything else could and should be reviewed for a reduction in price.

Please enlighten me, how do you determine what is 'reasonable', when it comes to pricing of virtual goods?
  • Options
    myxlplykmyxlplyk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK, for the person who said "it's open beta..." It's launched. They have said there will be no more character wipes, that means it's live. THe problem of course is that in a FTP game the "open beta" is really the "soft launch".

As for costs. I can see there being a lot of expensive <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the Zen market. No problem with it at all. Right now I am not feeling all that compelled to spend cash on the game, but that's me.

Now, with that said... If you wanted to get people like me spending money more in the Zen house there are a few things I would think about adding. Most of these are in the "nickle and dime" approach to gaming. Get people spending small, kinda like the proverbial "boiling a frog" metaphor. If some of this is already available please let me know where.
    - Identify all unidentified items in your pack : 5-10 zen (average the gear level and charge 5 zen per 10 levels, level 30 gear, 15 zen for example)
    - One bottle of dye in a particular color : 10 zen
    - Portable gate (similar to Portable Altar but makes a temp travel gate) : 10-20 zen

Just a few ideas.....
  • Options
    rccombs1rccombs1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would not complain about the prices AT ALL if they were unlocked for all my characters. If I buy a mount that's amazing looking for 40 dollars, I should be allowed to use it on all my characters. Bags too. IMO it's the only way to justify the high cost.
  • Options
    raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Please enlighten me, how do you determine what is 'reasonable', when it comes to pricing of virtual goods?

I can't it's up to the end user to determine for themselves what they deem is a reasonable price for any good whether virtual or not, it's subjective. However given the flurry of posts on the forums I don't think I am alone in thinking the pricing is too high. But it could just be a vocal minority, who knows.

I'll stand by my opinion and believe that the pricing is too high and I personally believe that they would get a lot more sales if pricing for some key items were reduced. Bags and respec tokens are a good example in my mind. They can have the big ticket items as well as " reasonably " priced items in the store.