test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why so much complaining about Zen Store??

Comments

• Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    once youre level 10?

Only the Zen store bags can be mailed not the quest bags that you receive.
  • Options
    redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    HotN don't troll! ;)

Is that like a hip hop group?
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    HotN don't troll! ;)

I couldn't be more serious. I bought HotN to support Cryptic. Not PWE.
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    romanovx wrote: »
    I can't believe that the fanboys can't see this. I have to pay for proffessions, mounts, bags, companions and whatever else per character that could cost up to $80 per character. I rather pay $15 a month to get the same amount of content. I hate the F2P model I prefer the P2P.

Actually you do not have to pay for anything, no one is forcing you to.
  • Options
    redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    Actually you do not have to pay for anything, no one is forcing you to.

Just yesterday some large fellows showed up to my house and told me I had to install Neverwinter and buy a founders pack. This could happen to you if you're not careful.
  • Options
    tttsssrrr1tttsssrrr1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Need to be able to buy bank slots with in game gold, especially since they only start you off with sixteen. Have the ZEN version of bank slots be account wide.
  • Options
    redstorm55redstorm55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    I think you guys should go out slay some dragons with a couple of friends, and loot the hoard, pawn the gold and treasure, come back and buy some zen. Easy!

p.s. make sure you bring a balanced group of adventurers...guardian healer etc..
  • Options
    xgondalenxxgondalenx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and reduce the cost of takin runestones/enchantments out of an item, 120k AD for a Rank7 Enchantment...?? how could a not founder do this??? how much daylies he has to do...? its senseless
  • Options
    kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dreamo1984 wrote: »
    Because some people have nothing better to do than complain about things they can't afford.

Go on AH.

See 2 identical bags.

One is 10 gold.
    Other is 100 gold.

You're the guy who buys the one for 100 gold aren't you? To prove that you're not "entitled", right?
  • Options
    terminaloneterminalone Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm 25 years old im married my wife and i run our own bussines together we make roughly 150k Euro's a year. So needless to say the least money is not an issue for me.

Not that anyone will believe me and not that i care if they do.

I've said that to say this.

The Zen store is absolutely stupid. Yes i can afford to buy everything in the store a few times a month if not more and not even spend all my pocket change. However that gives me a massively unfair advantage over the others. I have several friends who have nowhere near the money i do and like me want to go through the game and experience the game without our real lifes having anything to do with it. For us gaming is about the randomness and fun of each and every game. Its about having fun and being equal. If i use my real money on things in the zen store then we will no longer be equal. It gives me a massive unfair advantage. That being said if i dont use my money to buy stuff in the zen store unless i stop working and spend all of my time grinding in this game ill never be able to get some of the really good items and be able to experience the end game content.

I get it that mmorpg's today are moving towards free to play. THERE'sS A REASON FOR THAT. The reason is most of the people throughout the world either can't or will not spend 50-80 bucks(USD, euro's etc etc) to buy games. Going free to play and making a microtransactions store that gives people a slight nudge in game can be ok if not to severe of a nudge. However making it insanely repetitive and long drawn out to obtain the same stuff in game that u can purchase for x amount of microtransaction currency is not at all ok.

Bottum line? If you going to have the option of spending real life money to buy items in game that will help your characters make sure its balanced. Dont go overboard on what someone has to pay to get something in game. Spending 40 hours or so to get 1 item is not logical. Spending 6+ hours to get 1 item in a set of 5 is not logical. Your making it a life instead of a game. BALANCE IT OUT!
  • Options
    nazacanazaca Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    romanovx wrote: »
    I can't believe that the fanboys can't see this. I have to pay for proffessions, mounts, bags, companions and whatever else per character that could cost up to $80 per character. I rather pay $15 a month to get the same amount of content. I hate the F2P model I prefer the P2P.

So you created an account with a company that only does free-to-play games with the expectation that this game would be subscription-based? *blinks* I ... um ... Heh. Oh wells.

As for the thread topic: Because people emotionally invested themselves into a game without bothering to do basic research on the company producing said game and how said company manages its' games. *shrugs* One born every minute.

Dollar, dollar, bill, yo. Cash rules everything around you and me.
  • Options
    tvalaltvalal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I personaly think the store is overpriced. 40 euro dont give you much in this game. I can afford it, but i cant justify paying 80-200 euro on this game.

I have spent 30 euro and i wont spend much more unless i stil find it fun 3 months from now, if i do i will probably fork out some more money
  • Options
    dash1979dash1979 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The longer this stays like this the worst it gets if the zen shop stays like this for a while the prices will be locked in place like that for a long long time because its a PR suicide to sell for example a mount for 40 euros one day and in the next you start selling it for 10 euros

So the zen shop prices will stay like that until the game starts to hit its end or the are going to be forced to give zen back to the ppl that already buyed stuff " lol "

any way i'm a big nwn fan d&d etc etc but only after a couple of days i already started having friends tell me the are going back to gw2 or try out ragnarok cuze the are not willing grind the diamonds etc etc ... lol
    I still keep my last post opinion im not going to put money in a game that i don't know if i'm still going to be playing in a weak or two ...

Any way maybe the overpriced shop is a deliberated plan on the developers maybe the hope the are able to keep a niche player base that keeps buying overpriced items and the reast of the ppl just leave that way the have less server costes or something.
  • Options
    ezbeeezbee Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    the prices could do with being dropped a little but the store is fine and anyone who complains about the store existing has a deficiency in their logic
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "But it's a F2P, They need this kind of mechanical design to nudge you into the shop, what were you expecting etc etc etc"

Folks, stop with the over-simplified logic, stop with the straw man arguments and stop mistaking

"The cash shop is overpriced, and what they offer isn't WORTH the money in terms of overall utility and quality, so they're not enticing me to buy into anything"

with

"Wah wahhhh I want a completely F2P game with all the comfort of a subscription based game, and a controller made of magical regenrating chocolate with a summon soft drink button on it"

One is a genuine concern, based on the fact it's off putting for players to see this, the other is hyperbolic self entitled garbage"

Learn the difference.
  • Options
    caleshhcaleshh Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    There is nothing that is necessary to buy in game. There is nothing to buy that gives an advantage over folks that do not pay for a few items or many items for that matter. Sure stuff isoverpriced, some folks have disposable income to buy cosmetic stuff....but there is nothing in about this game that is either necessary or required to buy to enjoy this game. I have not paid a cent and am having a blast. People just feel a need to complain. If you pay attention
    o who posts you will see the complainers are a minority....meanwhile the majority are having fun playing the game. Secondly I have earned zen through surveys....enough to purchase a few cosmetic things.
  • Options
    mensarmensar Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not weeding through all the whining.

TO answer the OP:

People have this misconception that F2P means everything is free. All it means is that it's FREE TO LOG IN.

That's all you're guaranteed. People don't make games for charity and your personal enjoyment obviously. Money is key.

This logic has been brought to you today by the letters O and M and G.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mensar wrote: »
    I'm not weeding through all the whining.

TO answer the OP:

People have this misconception that F2P means everything is free. All it means is that it's FREE TO LOG IN.

That's all you're guaranteed. People don't make games for charity and your personal enjoyment obviously. Money is key.

This logic has been brought to you today by the letters O and M and G.

No one expects it to be completely free, but to overcharge on every item and to even have respecs as zen buyable-only is disgusting!
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • Options
    silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's just hope content doesn't get updated and you're not going to need that bag space! Hehe PWI working their old tricks again. Right off the bat too! They sure can make you're money disappear. LOL the future of this game... xD

On a more serious note, there will always hopefully be a way to make money without spending a dime but not everyone has the time for that. No one needs these things but wanting them is another matter. It's frustrating and sad when a game reminds you how poor you really are. My best advice to people is not to give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • Options
    mensarmensar Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nobody said you had to spend money.

If you do, you get what you pay for.

That logic leaves absolutely 0% room for complaint or malcontent.

This thread is pointless.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mensar wrote: »
    Nobody said you had to spend money.

If you do, you get what you pay for.

That logic leaves absolutely 0% room for complaint or malcontent.

This thread is pointless.

I kind of agree. people will start to vote with either their wallet or with their feet. if the playerbase crunches hard enough that alarms are raised in PWI HQs, they will lower the prices. if the population remains steady ,the whales keep funding the game, and there's enough low spenders that keep purchasing small from time to time, the prices will remain the same.

all in all, no point making threads. PWI has done this same business model in all their games, chasing whales and ignoring the bottoom dollar customers, and apparently it was worked fine for them (not for the games if what you want is long term lifespawn, tho). no amount of threads or suggestions will make them change their ways, so we might aswell stop posting about this.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NW's store reminds me of STO -- the useful stuff tends to be ok in price ($2.50 for an extra character slot is reasonable, considering how easily a spare alt can function to farm AD), lots of useful but unnecessary cool gear more expensive (exoic companions, mounts), and bizarrely overpriced frivolous items (wedding outfit, $30???)

Thing is, PWE has steered carefully clear of p2w. Pay for saving time? Sure. Enticing people to buy cool stuff? Sure.

But if you are willing to be disciplined and careful, you can have a great time for $0 without being excluded from content.

$30 for a wedding outfit. Sheesh.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    PWI has done this same business model in all their games, chasing whales and ignoring the bottoom dollar customers, and apparently it was worked fine for them (not for the games if what you want is long term lifespawn, tho).

PW was the best thing that could have happened to STO. The game is getting better and better with each patch and will be getting its first expansion this month. You can say what you want about PW's greedy business practices but when it comes to supporting their games, they're doing one hell of a job.
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    v1ctor2k wrote: »
    PW was the best thing that could have happened to STO. The game is getting better and better with each patch and will be getting its first expansion this month. You can say what you want about PW's greedy business practices but when it comes to supporting their games, they're doing one hell of a job.

otoh PWE is the worst thing that could have happened to jade dynasty, perfect world, Battle of Immortals, ESO, Rusty Hearts, Forsaken World. Thats the games they have been directly involved in developing/publishing, unlike CO and STO that were inherited.

all games that experienced a surge of players at release and got much media exxposure and hype, and then slowly withered away due to "whaling" cash shop tactics. Now those games are all but abandoned.

I somewhat find it odd that they havent heavily monetized STO aswell, but considering its a moribund game well past its prime and which has already been milked for nearly all it was worth, with just a handful thousands remaining players, I could see why they dont even bother, and instead let that dog rest in peace.

btw, if PWE is the best thing to happen for STO, why dont we have a sub option here in neverwinter? oh, clearly they are shooting at a different model here, less like former cryptic games, more like the average PWI game
  • Options
    v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    I somewhat find it odd that they havent heavily monetized STO aswell, but considering its a moribund game well past its prime and which has already been milked for nearly all it was worth, with just a handful thousands remaining players, I could see why they dont even bother, and instead let that dog rest in peace.

IDK where you're pulling this information from, but last time I checked STO had over 2kk active players and is one of PW's most profitable games.
  • Options
    volsfan615volsfan615 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You must have never played wow or LOL perasien???? I am not going to pay 6 bucks for a respec when things will change constantly. Nerfs, Buffs, Rearrangement of choices. You are out of your mind if you think it is a good idea to make respec cost any real cash at all. I just hit 60, well id like to try different builds for end game to keep its fun, but wait 6 dollars for a simple respec when it could be as much as a 3 point difference than the last spec I was using. So I pay for the respec, but whats this a patch?? guardians got a buff/nerf now id rather use a different build, but hold on that's another 6 bucks. This is a scam for money and a poor one at that. Great job Perfect World! I see things never change with this company...GG
  • Options
    dennisj32dennisj32 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I honestly dont get all the whining... I play a lot of mmo's, and this mmo is great, yes there are items you can buy with real money, but theyre not a NEED, besides, the game is free to play!!! no subscription fee, cost of game etc.

yes there is a money system in place, but they want this game to be a long lasting game with lots of content updates, how do you expect them to pay for their workers with no income, so what if you may want something and it may cost a few dollars, whats 20$ to give you a bit of an edge or makes things easyier, 20$ for a game i play for say a year, a mmo with content updates, is a great price, and if you dont think you'll get that far into the game then dont spend money, you dont need money to reach lvl 60

moral of the rant, they need money to keep the game going, id rather pick for my money then pay a monthly fee
  • Options
    dennisj32dennisj32 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    volsfan615 wrote: »
    You must have never played wow or LOL perasien???? I am not going to pay 6 bucks for a respec when things will change constantly. Nerfs, Buffs, Rearrangement of choices. You are out of your mind if you think it is a good idea to make respec cost any real cash at all. I just hit 60, well id like to try different builds for end game to keep its fun, but wait 6 dollars for a simple respec when it could be as much as a 3 point difference than the last spec I was using. So I pay for the respec, but whats this a patch?? guardians got a buff/nerf now id rather use a different build, but hold on that's another 6 bucks. This is a scam for money and a poor one at that. Great job Perfect World! I see things never change with this company...GG

Redeem your ad for zen to pay for respect, they give players a way to essentially earn money, do that and your golden and free, wewt wewt
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Well I have yet to reach max level so I'm not familiar with whether one actually needs a new companion in the end game or if they need to get one from the store. However I can attest to the mount situation.

First of all in comparison to other fantasy F2P games this game does NOT require a training for Tier1 mounts. Secondly, there are plenty of mounts available Tier 1 for gold from the mount vendor. So that pretty much solves the "you simply must have a mount from the store" argument.

Secondly, I agree whole heartedly about the bags situation. From a founders point of view, we should have been given a larger size bag for the price we paid to get the founder's package because now end game I have to spend more money to get the larger bags to replace one I shouldn't have to replace. That' means $10 out of the $30 One normally needs to buy the larger bags which is quite alot of money and a bit redundant for those of us who spent the extra money for Founders. (well it's quite alot of money period.) I could see them charging $5 or even $7.50 for bags but $10 per bag is crazy especially with (from what I've been told by those who have already maxed their crafting) no way of making bags ourselves which every game has had including GW2.

And trust me GW2 has THE hands down worst economic setup I've ever seen in any B2P mmo.

And Finally, since I'm a founder I'm sure the OP will agree there is no sense of entitlement here, I paid good money as a customer, and therefore I should be able to complain when I see highway robbery going on. When it comes to the bags it is too much to pay and they'll need to change it, Founder or not.

The mounts however are optional and aren't required to play the game because you can very easily at level 20 get a mount without any purchases with RL money all of which go plenty fast in the layout they have for the zones in this game.
  • Options
    ceniebabyceniebaby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    3x's bags=30 dollars
    1x mount=20-40 dollars
    1x companion= 20-40 dollars
    1x bank slot enhancement=6 or 7 dollars

Bags - don't need that many, you get 2 for FREE just questing. Stop being a pack rat and you'll have room.
    Mount - Zones aren't even that big to need a mount and you can buy them in-game with gold.
    Companion - You can get them with gold and they're useless anyway.
    Bank Slot - See bags.
    Cenie@ceniebaby - Dragon - Cleric - Member of Siren
This discussion has been closed.