test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

launcher not workin

13»

Comments

• albelleenoxalbelleenox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    XD games still down, keeps telling me the server isnt unavailable. XD seems its not your "average" maintenance.

true, the battle mechanics arent like other mmo's Q/E/RMouse/LMouse/etc. XD the keys in which to use spells arent like many games XD it wasnt hard to get used to but it was odd XD
  • omega2730omega2730 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any more twitter updates?
    edited May 2013
    omega2730 wrote: »
    any more twitter updates?

no I ate them all XD

personal question, where are the **** pvp servers? O",..,"O I WANT PVP **** IT
  • nichole83nichole83 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They found the problem and are still working on it. They said they hope to have it up soon.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    omega2730 wrote: »
    They seem to have taken a lot of good stuff from STO and worked it in very well to a D&D setting.

Looking forward to getting my teeth into this game properly .... now lets just have a bit of server stability! ;)

They've also learned some good lessons from observing what happened with City of Heroes after they sold it.
  • iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    well it only being open beta for what? 4 or 5 days the game is great, I enjoyed the mage I made. figureing out strategies you cripple a mass number of mobs is fun, the graphics on the character creation are a little dull but its to be expected from a brand new game. other then that, the story line from the start is great. and some of the side quests are fun and slightly linked to the story itself. all in all its not bad, i like it.

I dont really feel much story (Guardian character).. It is like "here is fighting border and there is fighting border"... I dont feel stories in any MMOs since SWTOR I guess... But anyway what I really like is all that stuff around.. and specially I love that they finally moved that combat system.. I know that Tera and some other are also kind of action... But here I really enjoy Guardian and I love the oportunity to block attacks and think about strategy in combat... Its really great... And I also love that foundry thing... I am trying to figure out things in foundry tool... I also kind of like dynamic of this game... and that some MMO stuff like party queue and event queue is also very good.. Some games didnt start with it... But its great tool to take all that "LFG dunguen blah blah blah".. here its just easy and without complications even for guys liek me who most of the time ride on solo...
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94
    edited May 2013
    iakky wrote: »
    I dont really feel much story (Guardian character).. It is like "here is fighting border and there is fighting border"... I dont feel stories in any MMOs since SWTOR I guess... But anyway what I really like is all that stuff around.. and specially I love that they finally moved that combat system.. I know that Tera and some other are also kind of action... But here I really enjoy Guardian and I love the oportunity to block attacks and think about strategy in combat... Its really great... And I also love that foundry thing... I am trying to figure out things in foundry tool... I also kind of like dynamic of this game... and that some MMO stuff like party queue and event queue is also very good.. Some games didnt start with it... But its great tool to take all that "LFG dunguen blah blah blah".. here its just easy and without complications even for guys liek me who most of the time ride on solo...

I can relate, I'm used to being alone in things to. if theres someone in my pt I get this feeling of being burdened, like I have to babysit ppl. its better to go it alone sometimes XD far less complications. and the story like is really in the quests themselves XD yeah its D&D. sht back in the stone age ppl used to use dice to make sht happen. just be happy this isnt hello kitty with no violence at all XD.
  • leppinatorleppinator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    another twitter-update

Update: We're still working on making the shards available for everyone and are getting closer to having an ETA for you. Thanks!
    edited May 2013
    Tweet~ "Update: We're still working on making the shards available for everyone and are getting closer to having an ETA for you. Thanks!"
    edited May 2013
    O.o I read about the shards but the FAQ isnt worth the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> salt, wtf is a **** shard?
    edited May 2013
    Isn't it the servers?
    edited May 2013
    I think the most important (I can feel it a lot as Guardian and that is also why I choose that class) is possibility to cover and stuff liek that... It was so great to finally cover my self to attack (yeah I know that Tera has also shield holder with active block but I dont like that class is too much strange for me)... I hated soooo much that old MMO combat style of standing next to each other and just clicking until one of you fall dead... This gives me finely opportunity to show some real skill of me on keyboard... I only miss some "roll away" kind of dodging.. But I guess that would be too much easy for guardian to just block, roll away and than attack.. they would not hit me once :)... That is what I love about this game.. I have that possibility to perform combat so well that no one can hit me (well that happens rarely) but anyway... that is what I love about it... What I dont like is that I am bound to wear plate armor since I would rather be fast attacking kind of shield holder (also I like medium armor more than plate visually)... but that is normal for classes to be limited like this...
    edited May 2013
    sht man I dont know, I thought servers were just called servers, not shards......
  • wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    O.o I read about the shards but the FAQ isnt worth the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> salt, wtf is a **** shard?

shard is like a realm, its simply because the server was split up in 3 parts (dragon,beholder and.. uhm.. something else). Soon however they will merge everything together into one big realm so it doesnt matter anyway
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
    edited May 2013
    Thanks I know I didn't say it right but that's what I thought.
  • leppinatorleppinator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iakky wrote: »

if you're into storytelling mmos, try out the secret world. it has a nice storyline and an interesting setting (conspiracy modern world)
    edited May 2013
    ah so the shards are the 3 servers (3 shards of 1 world) Makes more sense thank you!
  • omega2730omega2730 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nichole83 wrote: »
    Tweet~ "Update: We're still working on making the shards available for everyone and are getting closer to having an ETA for you. Thanks!"

interesting choice of words .. "getting closer to having an ETA for you" so they have no idea when it will be fixed ... but hopefully soon they will know when it will be fixed.. :(
    edited May 2013
    leppinator wrote: »
    if you're into storytelling mmos, try out the secret world. it has a nice storyline and an interesting setting (conspiracy modern world)

Yeah I tried that (Illuminati faction)... but only like once.. I know it has interesting quests right from the start... then there was some major lag or problem that persisted with my account and I was not in mood to create new one... and I think they were about to shut it down or something.. then I heard they may reborn it (it reminds me of reborn of APB)... Anyway now is like 11:30 AM (almost mid day) in my country and I didnt sleep all night because of fun with Neverwinter.. so I guess this game means a thing.. I am very picky player...
  • sanderkeunlsanderkeunl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    racerexia wrote: »
    Oh gods... same crud as last night... Star Trek Online, Neverwinter and Champions Online all are unavailable. What the heck is Cryptic DOING!!!??? I was thinking of purchasing a pack tonight... now they can forget it. Seriously they are taking quite a gamble putting all their eggs in the same basket.

its in beta dude... they havent finished development so issues can still come up.... if its out of beta and this stuff comes again than you can say ''wat of kind of ****hole is this...'' but for now its BETA.
  • zweedtheshadowzweedtheshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Shadows have fallen over Neverwinter. Til new day dawns.:mad:
    edited May 2013
    its in beta dude... they havent finished development so issues can still come up.... if its out of beta and this stuff comes again than you can say ''wat of kind of ****hole is this...'' but for now its BETA.

XD it was already confirmed, it wasnt because of game erroers, it was due to a connection system error of some kind, nothing detailed was revealed
    edited May 2013
    tweet~ Update: we're still working on making the servers available for everyone, and will share more details just as soon as we have them. Thanks!
    edited May 2013
    assuming yall get the info needed XD
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Apologies, please refer to:
    [h=3]Sticky: Server Status Updates[/h]
This discussion has been closed.