test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server down AGAIN!?

Comments

• Options
    garyskgarysk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All those saying that it's beta and folk need to suck it up should realise it appears to be the patch server for the launcher that won't come up - all of cryptic's games run off this, so STO (the only other one I play, but I imagine all others too) is down as well - and that has been out for 3 years...

Oh - and those thinking this is bad - just think back a year to the Diablo III launch fiasco...
  • Options
    ifellfromgraceiifellfromgracei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am loving this game as it's just a blast to play. I have to say though I'm so tired of people using the "it's a beta argument" for any negative thing said about the game.

I'm not saying I am mad about the server problems as I fully expected them to happen. What I am saying is please stop the "oh it's a beta" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The reason we are having these problems is b/c the game is brand new and the servers are just having trouble with all the players. This same stuff happens with every single mmo out there. Be it a Beta launch or a full scale launch.

So please stop the "it's a beta" and the counter argument of "no it's not beta it's a soft launch". The fact is Neverwinter neither needs your whining, nor your fanboyish support. It's a simple fact that these kind of games will ALWAYS experience server type problems this close to the flood gates being opened.

Thanks!
  • Options
    bobbyk45238bobbyk45238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Did you really have to start another thread considering the one above had 65 replies when u decided to create this waste of forum space thread.

Sure got your attention. And if you can read times, you'd see mine was created 1 minute after the first one, which in actuality, could have been 1 second. The first thread wasn't up when I posted this.

Stop breathing. You are wasting perfectly good air.
  • Options
    tiberiusntiberiusn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morinox wrote: »
    You obviously haven't played a lot of betas then and there is no such thing as a soft launch. Soft Launch is what you can consider early access to the full version of a game.

I'm pretty sure half this community doesn't even know what a beta is and what you're supposed to do in a beta... Sheesh...

You know.. a Soft lunch means that after closed beta there was no Character Wipe.. That is what Soft Launch means ^^
  • Options
    renshaw1renshaw1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aldelbert wrote: »
    It's amazing that people are gullible enough to believe this is still a beta. The second Cryptic began accepting money for Neverwinter, it's a sale.

Listen, I like the game and I think there's room to improve but I implore people to stop being this easily manipulated into the thought that slapping the word 'beta' on a product means it's totally fine for literally anything to happen. I foresee many future MMO companies using the term 'beta' on any game release for indefinite periods of time so suckers can defend them.

Finally someone with some sense in this thread! Guys the game is LIVE. Open beta is the official live status for F2P games. The cash shop is open and accepting payments, another clear sign that it's live. So enough with the "It's beta" defense, a more suitable defense would be "It's just been released they are still sorting out the plumbing."
  • Options
    bobbyk45238bobbyk45238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Another thing, if this in Beta, then why the hell are they charging us money to buy things?

If this was truly a beta version/release, this wouldn't happen.

So take your "This is Beta, quit complaining." and shove it. People are spending real cash, not "Beta" cash so we are allowed to get pissed when the server crashes 3 times in less than 48 hours.

Each time it has crashed, it has been down for 2+ hours. As mentioned earlier, the servers have been down and out more than they have been up!

Give everyone back the money they have spent and I will agree the game is in BETA!
  • Options
    whodamuffinmanwhodamuffinman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's an F2P open beta, whaddya expect?
  • Options
    ardain1989ardain1989 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its silly this game crashes so much tons of instances and cryptic has like 10 other mmo's out. So its not like its their first.
  • Options
    toggleknobtoggleknob Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's amazing that people are gullible enough to believe this is still a beta. The second Cryptic began accepting money for Neverwinter, it's a sale.

Listen, I like the game and I think there's room to improve but I implore people to stop being this easily manipulated into the thought that slapping the word 'beta' on a product means it's totally fine for literally anything to happen. I foresee many future MMO companies using the term 'beta' on any game release for indefinite periods of time so suckers can defend them.

This. Imagine a car company selling cars that broke down every 200 miles. People would be livid. But it's okay! That was just an experimental release of the car to see if there were any problems! Yeah. It was a "beta" release of the car... that they gladly accepted money for just like it was launched properly. I agree with people when they say an open beta is still a beta and not a soft launch, but not when there will be no more wipes and they're taking real money for their cash shop items. It's a release, folks. If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and tastes like a duck it usually is... well, a beta, according to some.
  • Options
    sponge4747sponge4747 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Open beta is the unofficial release of the game, and will be flawless." - No developer ever.

By this logic, any game that has ever had a pre-order was in full release the moment pre-orders started. Yes Open Beta means they're not officially releasing it but rather fine-tuning it. That's the entire point, only the community claimed it was a full release, not the developers. I for one am happy with the opportunity to play the game early and still not have to worry about my things going away. If you don't enjoy it, then how about you stop playing until the official non-beta release. Just because its here you HAVE to play it now? Do you start eating your food before its finished cooking just because you can? Well then don't complain when you get sick off of it.
  • Options
    gordrogordro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morinox wrote: »
    It's a beta. What did you expect?

Its no more Beta than any other game on the market. Its a released game people have paid for.

Google Mail is still in "beta", its a phrase that allows them to ignore things like crashes and bugs with an "oh well you know" excuse
  • Options
    grasteingrastein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grikgid wrote: »
    I can't recall anyother game at beta/soft launch that crashes as much as this one

Then you should perhaps lay off the weed for a while because I can remember many.
  • Options
    renshaw1renshaw1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sponge4747 wrote: »
    "Open beta is the unofficial release of the game, and will be flawless." - No developer ever.

By this logic, any game that has ever had a pre-order was in full release the moment pre-orders started. Yes Open Beta means they're not officially releasing it but rather fine-tuning it. That's the entire point, only the community claimed it was a full release, not the developers. I for one am happy with the opportunity to play the game early and still not have to worry about my things going away. If you don't enjoy it, then how about you stop playing until the official non-beta release. Just because its here you HAVE to play it now? Do you start eating your food before its finished cooking just because you can? Well then don't complain when you get sick off of it.

Your logic is flawed. By pure definition pre-ordering a game means it has not been released yet, thereby you are paying to access it when it is released, in this case the official release (when everyone can play!) was the 30th of last month.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    renshaw1 wrote: »
    Your logic is flawed. By pure definition pre-ordering a game means it has not been released yet, thereby you are paying to access it when it is released, in this case the official release (when everyone can play!) was the 30th of last month.

That wasn't my logic, it was his. He said "The second Cryptic began accepting money for Neverwinter, it's a sale." mentioning nothing more than that. Founder's packs were(and still are) available, so the moment they became available, Cryptic made sales.
  • Options
    gordrogordro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "By this logic, any game that has ever had a pre-order was in full release the moment pre-orders started.

Your example is flawed. The moment those pre-orders arrived and allowed access to the game servers, yes
  • Options
    famaldefamalde Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    This is beta.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Stop your crying. Things happen, especially in beta.

If you dont realize this is beta, youre wrong and nothing you say will change that, ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    famaldefamalde Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It
  • Options
    azracazrac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets be clear on something, calling it a "beta" or not does not really matter, the only valid argument for why this is not a beta though is very simple.

A "Beta" without a Char-Wipe after it, is not a beta but a soft-launch.

For any real beta-test, you wipe things when the testing is done, to ensure nothing is carried over from the testing, such as people having benefitted from finding a bug, afterall you can't ban a person for using a bug when they are just "beta-testing it".

So please stop making excuses, this is no longer a beta, it's a pre-launch and as such people who paid extra money to be a part of it, has a right to expect the same service as during full launch.
  • Options
    daemonspadedaemonspade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grikgid wrote: »
    I can't recall anyother game at beta/soft launch that crashes as much as this one

ragnarok 2 by asiasoft since cbt till now everyday maintenance and yet nothing is fix
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My logic is an interpretation of his logic seen fit to serve my argument. The rest of you do the same, you infer the information to your liking in order to coincide with his original argument, while I challenge his blunt explanation. I understand what he meant, but it served my purpose to start my argument with a counter-point.

The purpose of my post was better explained in the bottom example about the food, not the response regarding his original quote.
  • Options
    jester000jester000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    I miss the days of actually getting my neverwinter games in disc form, server down? play the oc til it comes up again. At least you could get a small fix of the game rather than stare blankly at the screen repeatedly clicking the nw icon, oh well
    Zach
    Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it was really a beta, we wouldn't be paying to open lockboxes!
  • Options
    aldelbertaldelbert Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You can cancel a preorder genius. Getting my money back from the Zen store is a lot harder.

Also, let me know what 'open beta' game crashes so hard it takes out two other MMOs with it. I bet if Cryptic can figure out how to crash Neverwinter so hard it takes out GW2 and WoW, then they might actually be on to something.
  • Options
    iloveitwhenyoucallmebigpapailoveitwhenyoucallmebigpapa Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Also, let me know what 'open beta' game crashes so hard it takes out two other MMOs with it.

Cause all those servers are housed together?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You can cancel a preorder genius. Getting my money back from the Zen store is a lot harder.

Also, let me know what 'open beta' game crashes so hard it takes out two other MMOs with it. I bet if Cryptic can figure out how to crash Neverwinter so hard it takes out GW2 and WoW, then they might actually be on to something.

I don't mean to say the game is by any means flawless, but honestly how can you not expect these kinds of things by now. This launch is pretty much identical to any and every launch of an MMO in the past 10 years. There are exceptions, but the word exceptions specifically means they stood apart from the rest... and Neverwinter sadly did not get to be an exception.
  • Options
    vagrantzerovagrantzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cause all those servers are housed together?

Which is stupid. Turbine is running 3 MMOs at the same time. One going down doesn't take down the other 2 with it. Same with Funcom. 3 MMOs. One game can't bring down the others.
  • Options
    davidpepperdavidpepper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gordro wrote: »
    Your example is flawed. The moment those pre-orders arrived and allowed access to the game servers, yes

So, back in July of 2010, when I payed Mojang $13, then downloaded and began playing Minecraft, it wasn't actually in Alpha?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Which is stupid. Turbine is running 3 MMOs at the same time. One going down doesn't take down the other 2 with it. Same with Funcom. 3 MMOs. One game can't bring down the others.

They also don't have a chat system that allows you to have friends across all 3 games. Its actually quite a nice system financially, and I don't think Cryptic is rolling in it anymore... otherwise they'd still be part of NCSoft.
This discussion has been closed.