test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I would probably spend a lot of money on this game if the prices were halved.

Comments

• sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    "Stuff is too expensive for me!"

"Well it's probably in-line with the metrics and marketing data that PW and Cryptic have access to that we don't."

"But stuff is too expensive for me! Your game is gonna diiiiiiieeeeee!"

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

-Rachel-
    mimics the average PWI scheme. release game, offer zero support, ride outrageous cash shop for a while, let it die in a couple years, release another

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    mimics the average PWI scheme. release game, offer zero support, ride outrageous cash shop for a while, let it die in a couple years, release another

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Mimics your posting strategy. Find PWI game, rail about cash shop, get bored when game actually does well.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • broddrbroddr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Warframe is the best F2P model ever. end of story :-D
  • akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most people playing the game don't give a kobold's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the cash shop. The only ones whining are the stingy freeloaders who want everything free.
  • hatemezillahatemezilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In Blacklight Retribution it cost ZEN to send mail. I can't wait til they implement that here. You won't even be able to auction without paying money lol.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    semune wrote: »
    I just want to say, to the people saying stop making these threads... We need more of these threads, flood the forums with them.

Look at EVERY other PWE game, tell me if there's more than a handful playing that aren't the "big spenders".

They make a killing off of fools that spend upwards of 10-20,000$ on games like BoI, WoI, and jade dynasty.

It's SAD that you can even spend that much. I've spent 1740$ since the beta of WoW... Still play it. Neverwinter, while fun, definitely doesn't have the end game to last longer than 6 months. Anyone who throws over 300$ at a game that lasts 6 months is managing their money incorrectly. You may say they have a lot of extra spending money, I say they can help the poor and give a bum 20$ on the street, but do they do that? No. Do they bother setting aside 150k for their child's college fund? Most likely not. Therefore, I say, what spending money do they really have? It's only in their selfish minds.

So, people that spend lots of bucks in this game are selfish egocentric maniacs because their nedless debauchery spoils the fun for you.

I'd like to ask - who's the selfish person here? Why do you consider yourself self-entitled to make such a fuss about virtual content? It's so petty and childish, lol.

If you think prices are high, just don't buy. Simple as that. Judging people for what they spend in entertainment... it's you after all who's crying after a 10 dollar bag, right?
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dumb people and people who recklessly just throw money at everything in games. Thats what PW feeds on.

These people destroy their own addiction, and they dont know it themselves.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • gunthology77gunthology77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i would spend so much money if the prices were reduced , its crazy how the prices are now
  • mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Good point. Perhaps they should charge ZEN to post a thread then?

You know that is not such a bad idea...
  • thunderknuckles1thunderknuckles1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    How you can even begin to compare this game to a Lamborghini is utterly absurd. Oh wait....troll. *rolls eyes*
  • paystowinpaystowin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most people playing the game don't give a kobold's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the cash shop. The only ones whining are the stingy freeloaders who want everything free.

Coming from someone with Hero of the North (spent 200$ :rolleyes:) I just don't believe this statement in the least bit.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    I wrote to the Lamborghini folks once, said they sell a lot more if they were much cheaper.

Lamborgini custom machines all their parts. I dont think they custom code every bag for us here.
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    I wrote to the Lamborghini folks once, said they sell a lot more if they were much cheaper.

....WOW...just...wow.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • ozewaozewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    "Stuff is too expensive for me!"

"Well it's probably in-line with the metrics and marketing data that PW and Cryptic have access to that we don't."

"But stuff is too expensive for me! Your game is gonna diiiiiiieeeeee!"

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

-Rachel-

Ok, here is my problem with that argument. PWE is a big company, and can pay other companies for big information.

EA is also a big company, and can pay other companies for big information.

So why, why on this green earth, would those service competing services come up with VASTLY different price points for nearly identical goods and services? Especially when SWTOR cost $80 million just to get the license and another $220 million just to push it out the door, and another $40 million to convert to F2P?

I'm quite serious, double or triple the cost to the end user when you compare SWTOR to Neverwinter.

So how do you account for that discrepancy between the pricing of the two services? It is a greater discrepancy than a $15 a month fee can account for, so then we can break it down into different cases.

* One or the other has faulty information
    * They interpreted the same information entirely differently
    * One or the other just doesn't care about the information
    * One or the other is asking entirely different questions

I feel like SWTOR is still doing a great job building a relationship with me as a customer, whereas I feel like I got very little value for the Guardian Pack I bought on Neverwinter and that the drastic price differential for basic things like inventory space with the lack of an account based unlock as an option leads me to believe that not only does PWE not want any of my money, that they would probably prefer it if I was no longer a customer.

Not kidding, when I look at the inventory options available to me, I can get 30 slots of inventory space for every character on my account in SWTOR for just a tiny bit more than it costs for 24 slots on a single character in Neverwinter. Don't even get me started on the dismally small bank space allocation. Then you throw into the mix the COMPLETE lack of communication on just about every issue except for server downtime and other ritual minutia. I don't really see what they're trying to accomplish or what sort of customer they're trying to attract.
    President of the Amnian Illithid Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). Please spread the word that the term "Mind Flayer" is a derogatory term to our kind.
  • misterianusmisterianus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good post ozewa, i agree completely, if the bags werent SO costly i would ahve bought 1-2 already, but since it is priced at 10$ im not gona bother simply because i think it is absurd to pay 10$ for limited inventory space.

I thnk that if they would lower the cost of items then they would get more buyers, but i guess they think the average gamer would gladly spend 10$ for 24 more inventory spaces...i would assume they are misstaken :)

However, it could also be some ploy of theirs, have it priced really high to make people upset, then lower it by maby 2-3$ and make more players buy it cause they ACTUALLY! lowers the price...yea dont think so.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone! We really appreciate it! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • necrofobicnecrofobic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    prices could be better but its the AD cost thats really messed up
  • desadariusdesadarius Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Literally everything in the Zen store is overpriced. Think about it, how many people do you see running around on a Zen store mount? Not many, nor do you see many people who have shelled out for the high priced companions. They would make so much more money if they lowered the prices to a reasonable amount. It's insane to think paying $40 for a tier 3 mount is acceptable. The most a tier 3 mount should cost is $20, and that's still pushing it.
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play STO and thought I'd give the Beta here a go while waiting for the new story in LoR to drop. I don't have much of a history with MMOs but playing two games produced by the same company affords me what I think is a fair comparison.

In STO I can purchase a single z-store starship in what for the most part is considered a more space than ground-centric game. More importantly the ship is unlocked for other characters I am playing or may create in future. A high end ship (T5) will cost me 2500 Z.

I have to shake my head when I see a mount that would allow a single character to run faster costs 3000 Z.

I also noted there are wedding costumes available for those so inclined. Why not produce some Klingon costumes in STO? I can not believe the demographic for persons who would chose to be part of an online imaginary wedding is larger than than the number of STO KDF players who would happily purchase uniforms that don't look like KISS hand-me-downs.
  • perfectself82perfectself82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree the Zen prices are pretty bad compared to STO. In STO I can justify spending money on almost anything in the c-store because the value is plainly evident, so I end up spending more than my lifetime stipend every month. So far I can't see the value of most things in the neverwinter shop. The bags are pretty much the only thing I see as a must have, and they aren't priced as well as I had hoped they would be either.

The AD prices are just flat out insulting though, if I'm being honest. Love the game, hate(so far) the business model.
  • sman421999sman421999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heres how this argument sounds to me...
    "I don't want to spend money, you said game was free 2 play"
    "Right it is 100% free to play"
    "But certain things that I want added to the game cost a lot of money"
    " Right well we still need to earn money to keep our game running and company alive, and by 'a lot of money', you know that the 5,10.20...however many dollars you pay once for extra stuff is still less money than those other games that charge you 60$ to buy the game or 15$ a month...or BOTH right? and also you know instead of paying anything you could just farm stuff in the game right"?
    "No I don't want to pay less than other games OR farm for things in the game like a normal person, I just want everything handed to me"
    "............?"
  • square0square0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sman421999 wrote: »
    " Right well we still need to earn money to keep our game running and company alive, and by 'a lot of money', you know that the 5,10.20...however many dollars you pay once for extra stuff is still less money than those other games that charge you 60$ to buy the game or 15$ a month...or BOTH right? and also you know instead of paying anything you could just farm stuff in the game right"?
    "No I don't want to pay less than other games OR farm for things in the game like a normal person, I just want everything handed to me"
    "............?"
    ...Posts like these...
    Will the internet ever cease to absolutely decimate my will to live?
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    go to the zen store in CO, look at the catalyst prices. These are to upgrade mods(gems for gear) ONE rank.
    Remember that you will need 9 mods per character.
    Start adding up.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sman421999sman421999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Posts that make sense make you depressed? Sounds like a personal issue.
  • ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sunyam wrote: »
    I'd have to 100% disagree. With EQ2 if you want everything you have to pay $14.99 a month PLUS if you want certain mounts, armor, etc you have to pay extra. How is that better than 100% F2P with the option of paying for mounts and other things?

Because you can blow a years worth of sub and then some just putting bags on a character. Ive also the top end mount(s!) in the game without dropping a single penny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Path of Exile is the best F2P game out there. GGG knows how to run a good company. PWE knows how to run a good game too, right into the ground. He is right, the OP. About the amount of players this game will have, just look at any of PWE's other games to see he is right. This game is no different.

Too bad PoE is a boring unimaginative game. Proved by the fact that you are here *****ing about the price of mounts, instead of playing PoE.
    edited May 2013
    sman421999 wrote: »
    "............?"

Tell me now how you can get extra bag slots, and extra character slots without dropping cash. I also would like to know the farm location for the keys for the nightmare boxes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Tell me now how you can get extra bag slots, and extra character slots without dropping cash. I also would like to know the farm location for the keys for the nightmare boxes.

You can farm AD and sell it for Zen then use it to buy whatever you want.
    edited May 2013
    Good post ozewa, i agree completely, if the bags werent SO costly i would ahve bought 1-2 already, but since it is priced at 10$ im not gona bother simply because i think it is absurd to pay 10$ for limited inventory space.

I thnk that if they would lower the cost of items then they would get more buyers, but i guess they think the average gamer would gladly spend 10$ for 24 more inventory spaces...i would assume they are misstaken :)

However, it could also be some ploy of theirs, have it priced really high to make people upset, then lower it by maby 2-3$ and make more players buy it cause they ACTUALLY! lowers the price...yea dont think so.

I'm personally not buying into it. Instead, its easier to have 2 or 3 free accounts on the side for mule space. I'm not one of those freeloaders either, I bought in early.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have to actually look at other f2p games on the market, and take a good long hard look at the ones poeple will throw money at and smile, and ones people throw there money at and cant stand. Good examples of good games gone bad are TOR and DCUO... both of these games had a good standup model for the game, but blew it, when they went f2p. Escrow? locking action bars? preventing basic functionality?

So where does PWE stand? well PWE is the EA of f2p games, they are well known to take over failing mmos and market them in such a way that the wealthy and rich profit, while the common player gets shafted. You can see this business model shining in this game. Ability to BUY power, yes you can buy AD and literally buy some of better stuff in the game. Fact that basic items that normally i'm ok with buying are almost DOUBLE the price of other mmos... 24 slots? i think i can get that in TOR for 5 bucks... all in all you are seeing an almost 200% markup from other games. HK51 in TOR was like 10 dollar companion, but also came with a quest area attached to him... on top of a whole new companion.

When you look at average player that plays your mmo, will always have middle class out numbering your rich players 10 to 1, on top of this most average mmo players arent so willing to drop 100 dollars or even 200 dollars on a game just so they can have some basic functionality that other mmos give for free.

I really enjoy this game...and i guess i'll end up supporting it one way or the other... but just like my friend and i discussed earlier. We were both considering buying one of the fashion outfits till we realized was 15 dollars.... neither one of us could warrant paying that much for a costume. I was also considering the earth ele since i'm playing a mage. But again 30 dollars for a companion? sorry i cant make myself buy that... 40 dollars for good bags in all my slots? ON top of that they expect us to gamble with there boxes...

Nope i just havent been able to rationalize buying anything off the market yet...because its so expensive... like going to a fancey restaurt, suppose to be best in town...realizing can get all this stuff down the street at half the price...yet, really wanting to eat there because you like the food... does the quality warrent a 100% markup? i dont think it does...not for me at least =\ which is such a bummer...