What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

neverwinter kills my internet...

Comments

• Options
    ch80ch80 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is an option to not download the PMB files and yeah it's not on my computer I know all about that crappy addware. Also I installed via torrent. Thanks for throwing out some ideas though it's more help than I've received thus far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rado84rado84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just trying to help. I'm sure my post will help someone some day. :) And I still think it's not the game causing the problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rado84 wrote: »
    I'm just trying to help. I'm sure my post will help someone some day. :) And I still think it's not the game causing the problem.

While I thank you for your opinion, if you aren't experiencing the same problem as those in this forum then you don't really have ground to stand on and say it's not the game. It is in fact "THE GAME" that is not responding and "THE GAME" that disconnects and boots me out and "THE GAME" is the only thing that has ever temporarily disconnected my internet this way before. So yes by all accounts it is in fact something wrong with the game. Im not saying that a possible 3rd party software may not be contributing to the problem but it would still remain a fact that the game's coding and or net files need to be adjusted to allow for these things to not affect it in this way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theodatetheodate Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Amen ch80.... I don't have that crappy program either, I d/l via torrent.... if it's us, why is this the only game that does it.... like I said in another post I have played tons a P2P and FTP games out thiere for YEARS>... and this is the onlt one that does what it does.... it is not on my end... it is indeed this GAME....
  • Options
    crazykldcrazykld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you have teamviewer? i can help you with your problem
    [th]Game[/th][th]Name[/th][th]Class[/th][th]Level[/th]NeverwinterDeadweightDevoted Cleric60Perfect WorldDemienR8 Cleric100Perfect WorldRy__Ry4/5aps BM101BlacklightProDeadweightSniper20Forsaken WorldBecca BooPriest60
  • Options
    mancha999mancha999 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have the same problem like ppl above said... I just keep getting dc ed almost every 10/15 min and then i loose my internet connection. Then i need to restart my internet connection and i can log in again :) But its weird i have this problem only in this game. So i really dont get it how to fix this problem and i installed game via torrent. i would be verry glad if some one post solution for that :) ty
  • Options
    crazykldcrazykld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah im trying to help but i will need someone that has this problem with teamviewer.
    [th]Game[/th][th]Name[/th][th]Class[/th][th]Level[/th]NeverwinterDeadweightDevoted Cleric60Perfect WorldDemienR8 Cleric100Perfect WorldRy__Ry4/5aps BM101BlacklightProDeadweightSniper20Forsaken WorldBecca BooPriest60
  • Options
    malfatemalfate Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's related to the game, weather its poor packet management or what have you.

Fact:
    1. This is ONLY happening with Neverwinter, the 10+ other online games we play NEVER have this issue.
    2. It resets the entire internet connection. So not only are you getting DC'd from the game, but everything else is disconnected from the internet. Effectively unplugging the internet cable.

What ever is causing it is causing the router to fail in some way, or the ISP(Time Warner) to disconnect/reset the connection (i'll look into which one)

But either way this is a game client bug. Because other people are having the SAME issue, plus it doesn't happen with any other game/program/service.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have tried about every fix I can from my end and I feel I know enough to say that it's something that just cant be fixed on our end. The router does indeed fail and sometimes even requires a disconnect and reconnect to the wireless router on my end before I am able to utilize the internet again. It has now become so bad that I cannot play the game at all. If I get 5 minutes of play time before the disconnect I am lucky. Basically I log in and invoke quickly check my professions and maybe move two steps before I go down. I will say that I am 100% confident that this cannot be fixed by means of changing compatibility options or opening certain ports or disabling anti-virus or your firewall. Today I will be bringing my laptop to an area with open Wi-Fi just to try things out through another isp and see what kinda results I can get. Im really getting frustrated though because as many have mentioned this is the only online game that I've played that behaves in this fashion and there are a lot of us having this issue and it doesn't seem to be getting the attention that it deserves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    izznoizzno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same problems. I get dc`ed after 2-5-10 mins it depends but it has been happening all day, fine yesterday, but today it has been ridicilus, and im not getting the internet problem someone is talking about here.

Should i just trie to reinstall the game?
  • Options
    eviloctievilocti Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue, even had the ISP come to check lines and whatnot. I didnt realize the internet issue was caused by this game until the 3rd time it crashed while trying to play this game. My connection stays down for hours after it crashes.

ISP: WOW! (http://www.wowway.com/)
    Area: Ohio, USA

Dont really know how to fix it, other than just not playing the game.

I would like to point out that this hasnt happened with any other game ive played online.
    (league of legends, path of exile, diablo III, guildwars 1/2, minecraft, runescape, ect...)

im not sure why it happens, or how to fix it.
  • Options
    izznoizzno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It all went to **** after the last patch, thx alot...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just plugged my laptop directly into my router and didn't get the server not responding for a good 20 minutes, which is the longest I've played in a while. I was getting some noticeable lag though and that's through a 1 gbps lan connection. Unplugged and disabled my lan connection while leaving the wireless connection enabled, I was still right next to my router and played for about 2 minutes before the server not responding message came up and got the disconnect. So im wondering...how many of you experiencing this same problem have Direct T.V. I have a switch for them plugged into my router and it hasn't caused any problems with any other online games or programs but im wondering if this is what the cause may be. Again im pretty hopeless here and just trying to grab onto anything that might be causing these issues at the moment. I want to sit down and play this game and really get immersed in it and enjoy my character and play in a group or do some pvp...but no...I get to log in for 2 minutes at a time and do a quick invoke and professions check before getting tossed offline. Looks like I may just have to go out and buy like a 150ft Ethernet cable to play this game. Then my wolf-hybrid will chew on it or my daughter will trip over it. **** it this issue just needs to get ironed out already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lhalabarlhalabar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same problem. After a random amount of time, the game disconnects from the server and router resets. Opened ports, allowed through firewall, turned off firewall etc. Still randomly drops and resets the router.

Resetting router doesn't help, clearing dns doesn't help.

I had to turn off the voice chat to even join a group, otherwise as soon as I'd join I'd crash, and router would reset.
  • Options
    rabbiddograbbiddog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ch80 wrote: »
    I just plugged my laptop directly into my router and didn't get the server not responding for a good 20 minutes, which is the longest I've played in a while. I was getting some noticeable lag though and that's through a 1 gbps lan connection. Unplugged and disabled my lan connection while leaving the wireless connection enabled, I was still right next to my router and played for about 2 minutes before the server not responding message came up and got the disconnect. So im wondering...how many of you experiencing this same problem have Direct T.V. I have a switch for them plugged into my router and it hasn't caused any problems with any other online games or programs but im wondering if this is what the cause may be. Again im pretty hopeless here and just trying to grab onto anything that might be causing these issues at the moment. I want to sit down and play this game and really get immersed in it and enjoy my character and play in a group or do some pvp...but no...I get to log in for 2 minutes at a time and do a quick invoke and professions check before getting tossed offline. Looks like I may just have to go out and buy like a 150ft Ethernet cable to play this game. Then my wolf-hybrid will chew on it or my daughter will trip over it. **** it this issue just needs to get ironed out already.

When this happens, do you see see the switch or router do anything different as in power cycle or the lights on the ports go out then blink back on. Also, have you tried bypassing your switch and plugging directly into your router? Also it sounds like you were originally playing this over wireless? Is that right or am I misreading this?

Additionally, did you make sure ALL hardware drivers are up to date. I had some funky stuff happen over the years that were a result of outdated drivers. My most recent was with GW2, after a patch, every time I would start the game my computer would reboot. Eventually it turned out I had to update my Mobo BIOS.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rabbiddog wrote: »
    When this happens, do you see see the switch or router do anything different as in power cycle or the lights on the ports go out then blink back on. Also, have you tried bypassing your switch and plugging directly into your router? Also it sounds like you were originally playing this over wireless? Is that right or am I misreading this?

Additionally, did you make sure ALL hardware drivers are up to date. I had some funky stuff happen over the years that were a result of outdated drivers. My most recent was with GW2, after a patch, every time I would start the game my computer would reboot. Eventually it turned out I had to update my Mobo BIOS.

You are reading this correctly I am normally playing over wireless. The router doesn't act up and no other connections to the router are disabled as far as I can tell. Direct T.V. isn't disrupted and even tried playing you tube Video's through my direct t.v set-top box downstairs while playing neverwinter and experiencing the disconnect and the youtube video continued to stream. Other wireless devices throughout the house seem to be ok during this as well. All of my drivers are up to date as far as my knowledge goes, at least all of the drivers that I would assume matter in this case. Everything is signed and shown as working correctly through my device manager as well. I am assuming that it is affecting the wireless card in my laptop which is an Atheros AR9485wb-eg wireless card. The drivers on that are up to date as well. The switch is not connected to the internet port on the router but rather through the modem and then through on of the routers other 4 Ethernet ports. I have unplugged the direct t.v switch and I still experience the same problem. I am glad to have someone throw out ideas though and I went through everything you said and double checked everything to make sure I didn't miss anything. So im guessing that because of my ability to plug into my router and utilize my Ethernet card without disconnects that it must be my wireless card.

I would be interested to know what wireless cards those who are having this same issue have and if any of you that also have an Ethernet controller as well have tried connecting through lan and bypassed this problem.

Thank you rabbiddog for your feedback and ideas they have helped me to dwindle down the list of possibilities for this issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    malfatemalfate Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been using a wired connection, I am getting the same result. I've tried both wireless and wired.
  • Options
    butler6981butler6981 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, I just would like to say that i feel all of your pain and i am having the same **** happen. i have contacted my internet providers and had them watch the status of my modem while this disconnection occurred and they have no idea. i used a Net Gear wireless card on my desktop and just switched to wired and still have the same issues. I have downloaded this game on 3 comps in my house and each one dose the same thing. I am having a Tech coming to the house tomorrow to replace my router because what it seems like to me is that while i join a party or enter areas were there are a lot of people the modem/router gets overloaded and resets it self. so i am going to have them replace the router/modem and see if maybe that will help it.
  • Options
    lieolieo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    I too am having the same problem and from the lack of any response I gather the devs just don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    well i tried downloading the torrent file of the game and same issue. so i guess its back to path of exile till someone decides to fix this issue.
  • Options
    primalpaganprimalpagan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its the game mine started last night right before the crash and they did the patch cant do any dungeons and I can only stay in game no longer than 15 min and it re starts my router/modem. Ive posted before and im sure more than us are having this issue. Im sure since its free to play and limited to a few hundred players its not high on the list of bugs to fix atm.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks everyone! We're taking a look at this.
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Awesome thanks hopefully it can be fixed soon. this is a great game and i would like to play it.
  • Options
    chacarerochacarero Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats not the game at fault. This is known as connection “flooding”. Basically your connection is not able to keep up the connection speed it is supposed to and is getting “flooded” with information then crapping out.

Any game, (and I do mean any game) that has consistant internet access requirements will have issues of flooding when the connection is unstable.

Things to try;
    Ensure you firewall is correctly set to allow the nwn exe access to the web
    Ensure your AV package is set to “ignore” the nwn exe, and is fully updated

Problem persist, at least for me
  • Options
    lazyboy916lazyboy916 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is happening to me also. Just started today. I have no idea why, but when I run the crypt dungeon, I get massive lag and eventually my internet goes out on me. Only when I run that dungeon.
  • Options
    laqtoz1laqtoz1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter is killing my internet 2 but during the instaling of the game.
  • Options
    mancha999mancha999 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lets hope that they find a solution for that wierd bug, because its really annoying :) because my internet works fine as long im not logged in neverwinter :) so good luck with fixing that :)

Keep up the good work because game is just awsome !
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Moved to Bug Reports as this got lost in the plethora of threads in Gen Discussion.
  • Options
    jalekjalek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue. I have a brand new out-of-the box Alienware M17x and the first thing I installed is Neverwinter. I was getting ready to return the laptop because of this issue, and because the backlights kept getting turned off (also something caused by this game).

And for those people saying it's the internet connection to blame, no it's not. My wife can continue to play LOTRO on her laptop just fine when my laptop loses internet connectivity while playing Neverwinter.
  • Options
    saxon69saxon69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lazyboy916 wrote: »
    This is happening to me also. Just started today.

I was playing today with no issues, then after the server went down for a while earlier, Ive been getting disconnected from my Internet after about 15min of play since then.
    The router resets itself, I lose total net connection like the others above.
    Router is a Netgear CG3100, I'm on a 100mb cable connection. (Bigpond Aust)
    After it has reset, I can log back in and play till it crashes after 10-15min.
    Its like the router is being flooded or something?
    Ive played GW2, Diablo 3, Minecraft etc on this PC, havent had this problem till today, PC is also a fairly new install, only about 1mth or so since last reformat and clean up. Ran malwarebytes, avast etc?
This discussion has been closed.