test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I've been wearing the same armor (graphic) for 35 levels

rekia3rekia3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I couldn't find a post about this, so I apologize if it's already been answered, but where can I get some armor that looks different? I can't find any combat armor or cosmetic armor that looks any different than what I already have (that EVERYONE already has).

I think it's nice that I can change the appearance of one item to another of the same type... but so far I've only found two different looks for trickster rogue armor (and only one look for hats). After several days and 35 levels of wearing the exact same armor, I'm getting really bored of looking at it. I need more character appearance customization.

Please tell me there are other outfits in the game and that I am not doomed to looking at this same armor for another 25 levels. I don't think I could handle it.
Post edited by rekia3 on

Comments

• tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And you will for the next 25. ;) Leveling goes fast though.

Armor only really starts looking different at 60, unless you wear fashion sets.
  • jacktantojacktanto Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blue armors are alot different though atleast my rogue many arrow armor, and they all change, the problem is the changes are so extremely small that they are hard to notice lol
  • rekia3rekia3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would totally buy a fashion set if they were not $30 for the fancy wedding one, $20 for the average one, and $15 for the one that no respectable female tiefling would be caught dead in. Guild Wars 2 had a winter outfit very similar to the wedding dress but for half the price and I could dye it as much as I want and transfer it to any of my alts. :\

Ah well, that's super depressing.
  • tootsmagoottootsmagoot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I only just changed my look after getting a blue robe. Its very lame I reckon because a Dnd game is more about customising your character and playing like you want. The only thing I really see in this game mostly is announcements about some guy has spent real life money on a key to get a box opened to get a mount. then you hit 20 and your quest is "oh you hit 20, go to the mount vendor, look at the crappy free mounts you can have, now look at the cash store..so much better".

Basically feels like they spent 80% of the game putting in ways to get people to spend money on the cash store over actually making a decent game they could sell. Says alot about Free 2 play mmo's and what people accept these days as a quality game.

Even this "Open beta" is really just release but we have bugs so it will be less complaining if we dont call it release.

I enjoy the game, but its just lacking substance and the foundry is pretty much the only thing keeping me here.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The lack of gear variation leveling up is disappointing. Pretty much my only gripe with the game so far.
  • everwindgaleeverwindgale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter = Game of Clones

Same powers, same looks, same result.
  • deffydeffy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a way to see what the fashion looks like? besides seeing other people in game
    Control Wizard = Defqon
  • enge1zenge1z Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have had noticeable look changes my my cleric's gear. It started plain and simple, but the detail and artwork on the armor has just been getting better and better. The lvl 40 armor looks fantastic imo.
  • zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2013
    By Design...have you taken a good look at our cash shop in the last 5 minutes?
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deffy wrote: »
    Is there a way to see what the fashion looks like? besides seeing other people in game

Put it on. That's sadly the only way. I really, really wish there was a preview option, but i don't even know if it's being worked on.
  • oghieroghier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    They've done a poor job with armor skins, at least for clerics. I like the art style, but the pieces look so similar, we're basically clones. I mean *all* the pieces, too -- you can load up the Foundry and inspect every possible outfit for your class.

Add to that the somewhat overaggressive pricing on dyes, and customizing one's appearance is a losing effort.
    - Snit (Cleric, Dragon Server)
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Put it on. That's sadly the only way. I really, really wish there was a preview option, but i don't even know if it's being worked on.
    They're probably thinking this will be a great option to have people spend real money on..............thanks.

All armor and weapons look alike, so its sadly not even needed.
  • themassakrethemassakre Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The armor in the game is lame so far. When you change into a fashion set, can you use it in combat? I never even tried! At work so I can't test it quite yet.
  • stjobestjobe Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rekia3 wrote: »
    Please tell me there are other outfits in the game and that I am not doomed to looking at this same armor for another 25 levels. I don't think I could handle it.
    The armour from dungeons look different, e.g. the blue armour from The Cloak Tower looks very different from the starting armour. Sadly, the two blue armours one can get there look exactly the same (different stats but AFAICT exactly the same look).

It's kind of sad that customization is so lacking in a Cryptic game - go have a look at STO, or even better Champions Online. Massive customization options there and no two characters look alike.

And yet here we are, clones upon clones upon clones.
    The armor in the game is lame so far. When you change into a fashion set, can you use it in combat? I never even tried! At work so I can't test it quite yet.

Yes. All armor effects remain in play, switching to fashion is purely visual.
  • yarrmoryarrmor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    I'm currently crafting stuff on the gateway. And guess what! (At least) The icons of the equips I craft are different. Haven't equipped them ingame yet. But there is hope! Oh and yes, they are like lvl 16.
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    I got some Orc Machete to drop, its icon looks different than the normal sword (GF drop). I'm afraid to equip because it will probably look like a normal sword and not like an orcish weapon.
  • yarrmoryarrmor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    I got some Orc Machete to drop, its icon looks different than the normal sword (GF drop). I'm afraid to equip because it will probably look like a normal sword and not like an orcish weapon.

I equipped it, it looks different. Can't post screenshot atm, as I'm not at home.
  • zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2013
    People...I'll say it again.
    This is by design. It is intended to push you to buy dyes and armor sets from the cash shop.

Open up the Foundry and you will see that the customization you are wanting is already implemented, you just arent allowed to use it. But even then, there is only a handful of different armors for each class. Again, expect to see some "armor skins" show up in the cash shop soonish I would say.
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    Yes. All armor effects remain in play, switching to fashion is purely visual.

And the last patch fixed it so you can compare your new gear to old without switching back to combat clothes look . Doesn't always work for jewelry , but its a lot better then before .
    I been fighting in my street clothes all along , just got to show off that pirate hat . Wich by the way if you use a pink dye on it , it looks red :P
  • dantethewarriordantethewarrior Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SO what is the armor in the character creation screen?
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I gave up and dyed my pleb gear after the fashion I bought made me look like a midget stripper :P
  • rabbiddograbbiddog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I gotta agree and say it would be nice to have a greater variety in the styles of armor you pick up.
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    I gave up and dyed my pleb gear after the fashion I bought made me look like a midget stripper :P

Hmmm, midget stripper you say?

Interesting...

:D
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Coming soon: You can purchase new armor appearances in the cash shop for a measly $150 USD! The new armor will feature a brand new, never seen before Cryptic logo patch on the upper left arm of your armor that is otherwise exactly the same as the armor you're currently wearing!

By Grabthars Hammer: What a Savings!
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rabbiddog wrote: »
    Hmmm, midget stripper you say?

Interesting...

:D

Yeah I just wished the female Courtesan gear looked more like the male one for halflings anyway :I
    I have been *****ing about this for awhile now :<
  • xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I had at least 5 different armors at level 35 on my rogue.
    -starter armor
    -some breastplate
    -orcish armor
    -leather jacket
    -leather jacket with extra stuff

At level 20 my GWF has had 5 diffrent armors already:
    -starter armor
    -orcish armor
    -breastplate with shoulder guard on right
    -breastplate with shoulderguard on left
    -heavy looking plate+chain+stuff

Can't really complain about lack of variety myself.
  • gadzewksgadzewks Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually am happy with how it is. Here is why
    1. I hate leveling up, finding a cool looking armor piece, only to have to stop wearing it when i find something with better stats.
    2. when I eventually DO find a cool looking piece when i hit 60, it will feel like a much bigger reward, since ive gone so long with just bland looking gear.

GW2 had all kinds of cool looking armors, and I could keep the ones I wanted from low levels, all the way to max level. So much that I didnt really care about skins anymore once I had the exact ones I wanted (and often times, the skins I liked, were mixes of the basic skins, not the dungeon or special even skins).

Besides... when is the last time you have seen a group of knights that didnt all look very similar minus their standards and banners they might be showing.

Maybe this game needs guild tabbards. (maybe they exists? I havent seen any yet)
    edited May 2013
    gadzewks wrote: »
    I actually am happy with how it is. Here is why
    1. I hate leveling up, finding a cool looking armor piece, only to have to stop wearing it when i find something with better stats.
    2. when I eventually DO find a cool looking piece when i hit 60, it will feel like a much bigger reward, since ive gone so long with just bland looking gear.

GW2 had all kinds of cool looking armors, and I could keep the ones I wanted from low levels, all the way to max level. So much that I didnt really care about skins anymore once I had the exact ones I wanted (and often times, the skins I liked, were mixes of the basic skins, not the dungeon or special even skins).

Besides... when is the last time you have seen a group of knights that didnt all look very similar minus their standards and banners they might be showing.

Maybe this game needs guild tabbards. (maybe they exists? I havent seen any yet)

Then you'll be happy to know that you transfer the style of one item piece to another and keep the stats (and vice versa). At least that's my understanding (and it does cost Diamonds to do as well).
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the biggest issue i've found is that the female armor is basically plate mail bikinis, however you wear a full set of mail beneath it all, which leads most armors to look similar. As you get higher level it starts to get slightly better.