test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Attention] Please do not Purchase Nightmare Boxes on the Auction House...

streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
When it is listed for more than 200 Diamonds.

You are wasting your resources. I understand if people want to keep the player economy rocking by buying items from other players rather than the diamond shop, but please... there are boxes listed for 2,000 diamonds from day one (rather day -5 actually) for these things.

You can purchase from the Diamond Store 200 diamonds for a box. AND you can access the store anywhere. Just press I then select the Gold pile Tab, and click the clickable next to the Diamonds (not the rough diamonds). Then click the tab up top of the window and boom there it is.

This is a public service announcement from me.

Thank you.
b_ro.png
When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
Never saw Pants in beta?
Post edited by streethawke on

Comments

• Options
    doctormonkeedoctormonkee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Similarly to how people get yelled at for telling others how to spend their money, how dare you help people by telling them how to spend their money!

/sarcasm
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I know :D

I just hate to see people being taken advantage of due to ignorance. Knowledge is power, and hopefully folks will be be able to make informed decisions.
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for taking the time to write this out. The sad thing is that the people who would benefit the most form this probably don't read the forums much. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, no. :(
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just hate to see people being taken advantage of due to ignorance. Knowledge is power, and hopefully folks will be be able to make informed decisions.

Yeah, I did the same thing years ago in WoW, when people would list useful vendor items on the Auction House for 10+ times their real price..... even when they were things people could just buy, in unlimited qty, from the shop 40 feet from the AH.
  • Options
    biggiesmoothbiggiesmooth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the tip, most appreciated.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you. I appreciate that.
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    In contrast, DO check the AH regularly if you're interested in lots of Nightmare Lockboxes, because people like me will post them for less than 200 AD (won't buy keys, but I will get a really quick turnover of AD).
  • Options
    awaveawave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    The NPC who sells the nightmare lockboxes is Wondrous Bazaar, she stands beside Rhix (the one who gives you the daily quests).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh yes.. there are some folks selling boxes for 1 diamond... or 5, or 150. That is cool... even the people selling them for 200 or 300 is cool... support the community, keep the diamonds in circulation.. but 2,000 diamonds.... come on. You can buy 10 boxes for that.

And yes, the NPC does sell it, but you can access that store from anywhere using the directions given above.
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    maspien83maspien83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reporting this thread to be deleted. Stop helping people. I want to continue to make AD off people.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maspien83 wrote: »
    Reporting this thread to be deleted. Stop helping people. I want to continue to make AD off people.

LOL! I knew one of you people would be here!

Thanks for supporting :D
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never bought one for more than that, but thanks for the tip.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I know :D

I've been doing that in these forums. Wheres my cookie!?
  • Options
    azurie1azurie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    the servers ate it and due to the tummy ache they got they are down now so be happy you didn't get the cookie!! ;P LOL
  • Options
    ordainedoneordainedone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well there goes my source of Income. Wait, nvm, people will still buy. I've just been buying them from the vendor and putting em on the AH. Thanks for the loads of AD.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ichbin wrote: »
    I've been doing that in these forums. Wheres my cookie!?

I am sorry, did I ask for a cookie or an attaboy? I am pushing out information to help those out who might actually see it in the forums and slap themselves in their head going "Oooh! I am an idiot, I should have followed Streethawke as he could have saved me 1800 diamonds per nightmare box".

Or at least help those get the most out of their resources. I am just doing my part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN4a7CbbeZ8
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you are referring to the boxes themselves: ditto the OP. However, if it is the keys to open those boxes: it's a bargain. :)
  • Options
    ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am sorry, did I ask for a cookie or an attaboy? I am pushing out information to help those out who might actually see it in the forums and slap themselves in their head going "Oooh! I am an idiot, I should have followed Streethawke as he could have saved me 1800 diamonds per nightmare box".

Or at least help those get the most out of their resources. I am just doing my part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN4a7CbbeZ8

I'm doing my part!

...Even if it is making HotN & admins hate me. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No no, just talking about the boxes!

And ichbin LOL, you can do your part and not be hated by the admin. And FYI I am HotN and Guardian :P I dont hate you.
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    rutgar151277rutgar151277 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like this post, good work :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you. No really, thank you. The more people comment on the post, the more it will be at the top of the boards, the better chance others will read and take note of it and maybe even pass it on to their guilds.
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they should warn people posting auctions like that and then ban them if they keep doing it. it's purely trying to scam new players.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps.

It is not as bad as EVE, but if I can do my part to help, I am glad to help.
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How did this end up on page 5 so fast... wow.
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seriously. Beware of the sneaky-sneaksters that put them on the Auction House for more than 200 Astral Diamonds.
    They can be purchased from the Astral Diamond vendor for 200 AD.

Don't get ripped off ! :')
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I sell mine too , for 149 AD . I'm lazy and that's the default price .
    BTW I already opened my 10 for this box . Just like STO , I set a limit of keys to buy each box. I got nothing higher then the idol . SO I bought the phoenix from the auction house :P
  • Options
    ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    LOL I just literally made a thread on the exact same issue.
    Great minds think alike, eh ? Ahaha.

Glad to see there's other players besides myself who are looking out for other players.
    The first thing I actually bought on day 1 of headstart were a few Lockboxes for 200 AD, and then over the next few days I noticed them on the AH selling for thousands ! I felt bad because someone who doesn't know that they can be purchased via the AD Vendor for only 200AD, would get ripped off. :l

Hope people see this so they don't get conned~
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am glad for the support. Please feel free to continue to post comments on this topic to keep the thread at the top :D

Thank you again.
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    caladariscaladaris Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lockboxes are probably the most useless item in the game.
    It's just that you buy Enchanted Keys - which are the real value.

Lockboxes are just the carrot on a stick.
    Just dismiss them.