test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.15

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
Stability
  • Made further improvements to server stability and performance.

Items
  • If a player enters a Dungeon while the Dungeon Delves event is active, the end-of-dungeon chest now properly rewards a class-specific piece of gear in addition to other rewards.
  • Epic Gray Wolf Den now rewards the correct types of Seals.
  • Epic Cloak Tower now rewards the correct types of Shards.

User Interface
  • The text under Skirmish event headers now displays correctly.
  • The Rename Character button is now correctly clickable when a player has a Rename Token on the account.
  • Players must now be level 15 or greater, have purchased a Founder's Pack, or have transferred Zen into Neverwinter to send in-game mail to a player not on his / her friends list.
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    theri123theri123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great, looking forward to getting back on :)
  • Options
    klownzeroklownzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice to see the dungeon rewards fixed :)
    When the shadow's embrace you, it is there you will find me.
  • Options
    hazukashlhazukashl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Excellent news on the server stability improvements...keep up the great work
  • Options
    loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    very good news!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tedstriker333tedstriker333 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome job on the anti-gold spammers addition :)
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Stability
    • Players must now be level 15 or greater, have purchased a Founder's Pack, or have transferred Zen into Neverwinter to send in-game mail to a player not on his / her friends list.

Are the devs aware that as of 10 hours ago after this was implemented I was unable to mail myself? I was level 11 when I tried.
  • Options
    rainweaver76rainweaver76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    Are the devs aware that as of 10 hours ago after this was implemented I was unable to mail myself? I was level 11 when I tried.

Why would you need to mail yourself? Unless you are mailing yourself items to get around the limited bank space to avoid buying more space. In that case it isn't a bug. It's fixing an exploit.

And probably the only thing as annoying as gold spammers is exploiters.
  • Options
    arti78arti78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, mailing items to yourself is a way to pass stuff to alts you find during your travels. aka twinking. I've used it to pass various crafting materials to the character that's working on that specific crafting skill.
  • Options
    tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Stability

•Made further improvements to server stability and performance.

In regards to this. What are you actually doing?
  • Options
    exterminosexterminos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    thank you for taking spam seriously
  • Options
    rukbatrukbat Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arti78 wrote: »
    Actually, mailing items to yourself is a way to pass stuff to alts you find during your travels. aka twinking. I've used it to pass various crafting materials to the character that's working on that specific crafting skill.

Twinking is actually slightly different, but yes being able to mail stuff around your alts is a very useful feature that pretty much all MMO's allow.
    Please restore the possibility to mail oneself even before 15, I am my friend!

(Jokes aside, I think this move is meant to address spam from goldsellers and such, who tipically spam from level 1 toons. I appreciate it, and I would be more than happy with the simple workaround of enabling players to put themselves in their own friend list.)
  • Options
    kamykerkamyker Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If a player enters a Dungeon while the Dungeon Delves event is active, the end-of-dungeon chest now properly rewards a class-specific piece of gear in addition to other rewards.

Still don't work
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kamyker wrote: »
    Still don't work

Try waiting until after the patch is applied.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    Try waiting until after the patch is applied.

From what I can tell it looks like the patch has already been applied.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [*]Players must now be level 15 or greater, have purchased a Founder's Pack, or have transferred Zen into Neverwinter to send in-game mail to a player not on his / her friends list.
    [/LIST]

Beautiful. Already got 3 : "Hello Friend, CHEAPEST AD www.blabla.com 9$ " .... mails ..
  • Options
    sindofinsindofin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If a player enters a Dungeon while the Dungeon Delves event is active, the end-of-dungeon chest now properly rewards a class-specific piece of gear in addition to other rewards.

We just defeated epic Throne of Idris during dungeon delves and the final chest was not rewarding anyone in the party with any items. Just before we did epic Cragmire Crypts and the chest there worked fine. In both cases the panel under the minimap confirmed we had unlocked the additional rewards and we could interact with both chests.
  • Options
    lucidp2klucidp2k Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stability
    If a player enters a Dungeon while the Dungeon Delves event is active, the end-of-dungeon chest now properly rewards a class-

So THAT'S why I didn't get anything my first time trying this... thought I broke something lol.
    gwhEUci.png
    Spend less time complaining about shop prices and more time improving your salary.
  • Options
    rierynrieryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very nice, glad to see the Dungeon reward fix, as well as the chat block - which I'm guessing is for cutting down on the spam!
  • Options
    tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    "Made further improvements to server stability and performance."

I think this has made gameplay even worst. Sorry guys. Video coming soon
  • Options
    tribz5tribz5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, is there any way I could download the patch manually?
  • Options
    j6800j6800 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tribz5 wrote: »
    Hi, is there any way I could download the patch manually?

Hi, is there any way I could download the patch manually? [2]

^^
  • Options
    lghspd4melghspd4me Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about Fixing the rubber banding and Lag people still have? Where are the servers anyway? Tibet?
    I try to connect to a us proxy and it says there is none whats with that?
  • Options
    stabagestabage Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about balance changes? I play as a great weapon fighter and only do about a third of the dps as a trickster rogue of equal level, it makes questing alone that much harder and much longer. Is there any plans to either buff this classes dps or reducing the rogues dps?
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    tilvius wrote: »
    Stability

•Made further improvements to server stability and performance.

In regards to this. What are you actually doing?

It's a set of changes which would really be meaningless to you unless you has specific knowledge about the
    inner working of Cryptic's game engine.

But I do have an inside source and get the list of changes. But don't say I didn't warn you.
    • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
    • Etiam nec dui ac ipsum volutpat aliquam et in dolor.
    • Sed sed erat in quam vestibulum placerat non id elit.
    • Vestibulum tincidunt augue vel quam posuere faucibus auctor sapien pretium.
    • Nam suscipit accumsan leo, eu tempus urna mattis a.
    • Aenean ac erat sit amet ante pharetra dictum sit amet eget arcu.
    • Nunc et ligula erat, feugiat pharetra dui.
    • Morbi ullamcorper magna id ligula hendrerit eu accumsan tellus elementum.
    • Suspendisse sit amet ligula at nulla pretium fringilla nec id turpis.
    • Vivamus eget arcu quis odio eleifend dapibus.
    • Sed adipiscing faucibus dolor, ut pulvinar leo sagittis in.
    • Nam a libero lacus, vitae luctus velit.
    • Vestibulum varius urna luctus lacus commodo in aliquet velit posuere.
    • Fusce facilisis cursus erat, ac ornare urna euismod quis.
    • Cras vel ligula et eros venenatis sodales vel a lacus.

</ with tongue planted firmly in cheek>
  • Options
    ayucanayucan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    getting DCed while trying to connect to account server any1 else got the same problem ?
  • Options
    tomcnytomcny Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep up the awesome work you guys are doing!
  • Options
    rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    If it was considered an exploit, and this was the fix, they'd simply prohibit you from mailing yourself.

This fix screams anti-spammer.
    -Rajani Isa
  • Options
    muceasmuceas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been disconnected from the game and now I am trying to log in but I can't. Are the servers down for everybody?
  • Options
    albelleenoxalbelleenox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting that same issue, I got DCed and the game keeps saying my nets bad(HAHAHAHAHA right my ***)
  • Options
    slice2sinslice2sin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    server is down
This discussion has been closed.