test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Spotlight: A Hidden Blade

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in News & Announcements
Check out this week's Foundry Spotlight, featuring the mission "A Hidden Blade," by TiLT42! http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=847741
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• w01fe01w01fe01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i cant find where to turn this quest in
  • mattkrueg1mattkrueg1 Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Just did this for my daily. Fun stuff.
    TEMPUS
  • vastianopivellovastianopivello Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just did this one yesterday. Keep it up, man, you've got a good beginning there. I'm looking forward to the rest of the story.
  • elsenrailczelsenrailcz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, done it. It was pretty good. Nice story :) I hope there will be a follow-up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • belaam75belaam75 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Loved this one, probably my favorite of the 3-4 I have run so far.

However, I would love to know how the exterior river bit was made. I have been messing around with the foundry and was looking for a "work your way up the river" terrain somewhat like this one, but can't find anything similar. Any ideas?
  • alamarana1alamarana1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've only done a few of these thus far, but this one is my by far my favorite. The extra flavor text in the dialogue really set the tone for me. Not to mention giving it a nostalgic table-top D&D feel. I'm really looking forward to the continuation of this story.
  • destroshadedestroshade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just want to know how a non-rogue is ment to do this quest?
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's very doable with a non rogue. I did parts one and two with my cleric. Also to the author of this story and quest ...WOW..just wow. This is fantastic stuff here. I loved every bit of it and can't wait to do more of your foundry quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • bardet80bardet80 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Loved the story and the followup!
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i did this both with a rogue and with a GWF. Its awsome when there are multable branching options to solve a problem.
    Why can't the actual games do this more often.
  • epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You talk to people and actually pay attention to what they say...shocker I know.
  • neofit26neofit26 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A small problem. The last stone that you are supposed to read has two assassins semi hidden near it (if you approach it then look back you see them, otherwise you don't). So if you miss them they attack you start reading the stone, so you just escape out of it in order to stay alive. Afterwards the stone is inactive. It doesn't fit an adventure that is so heavily about flavour text.

Also, the stones being readable only once pose another problem. The first has some extra stuff for those with arcane knowledge, but guess what, I hit the wrong key and the window closed, like I suddenly lost my arcane knowledge and the ability to read :). Any way to not deactivate these stones on first (or tenth) use?
  • destroshadedestroshade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    epixcomix wrote: »
    You talk to people and actually pay attention to what they say...shocker I know.

i ment do this solo and no need to be a jerk but when you go to the tavern you need a rogue there is no other way around it unless you gain nature skills at some other level

and i tried all option i used all the hints given and nothing worked on my CW
  • epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i ment do this solo and no need to be a jerk but when you go to the tavern you need a rogue there is no other way around it unless you gain nature skills at some other level

I did this solo as well with a non-rogue. And the statement that I gave actually is how you get past the tavern scene without a rogue. So instead of getting offended at my practical advice, try following it first.
  • uniqueviluniquevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    complete it on my CW just need to pay attention to wat ppl say
    and choose the right answer
    cool quest
  • veleriawhitewolfveleriawhitewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Did this with my GWF, once you talk to some people it can change what other people will say to you. If you follow the responses eventually you will get what you need. Just keep searching.
  • tuagituagi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like it so far, but game crashed when I was fighting the spiders on the trail to higher ground...dunno what caused it. After the crash the launcher added a 270+meg patch when I tried to get back into the game.
  • sapiorionsapiorion Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This quest really made me feel like I was playing P&P with visuals, great job.
  • lilcindylouwholilcindylouwho Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just did this one yesterday. Keep it up, man, you've got a good beginning there. I'm looking forward to the rest of the story.

he's right, i did it today and its a fantastic quest! can't wait to play the next one!
  • jbj69jbj69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have completed this twice on my Devoted Cleric and had no problems at all. Loved it keep up the good work!
  • omgallnamesinuseomgallnamesinuse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ppl is used NOT to read the story or the quest text but this will probably change their way.
    I enjoyed it and really fast and easy :)

/bow to the author
  • trivzatrivza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best Foundry quest so far. If I could've tipped more than 500 diamonds I would've. Please make a part 2!

Edit: Nevermind, just spotted that part 2 is already up :)
  • conway044conway044 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Try talking to the musician. I didn't at first as it seemed a bit rude to interrupt him, but that should help you out.
  • zombiesxiiizombiesxiii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I loved this quest! I did it on my cleric with zero issues, I love that you had to talk to people and figure out what was going on. I am happy to hear there is a part 2!
  • atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Part two is freaking incredible. Do it now!
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • callatharcallathar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i've enjoyed both parts and can't wait for part 3 :)))
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Part 1 was good, Part 2 was great! Awesome story, good balance of combat and RP. My only suggestion is to sell your items beforehand. There's no store and you pick up a lot of items.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • fearthemajorfearthemajor Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't wait for part 3 one of the best foundry missions I have seen yet
  • raldosraldos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The writing on this one was really good and professional, better quest than anything in the main game so far. It's a shame you can't place regular chests or skill nodes in foundry levels( at least I don't think you can), they add that extra spice to exploring completely.
  • khorgulkhorgul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That was my first foundry and i've enjoyed so much ^^