test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Spotlight: A Hidden Blade

13»

Comments

• tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just published a big update to A Hidden Blade, bringing it to version 1.70 and extending the experience a little without needlessly padding it. This should hopefully help a little with the daily reward, and it will add a bit of freshness to the experience for those of you who've already played it.

Basically, there's now more to do after you've searched Trenaevis room, but before you leave the Lucky Arrow inn. I originally put a lot of work into a scenery change that almost no players ever noticed, so I decided to bring it to the forefront.
  • aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Really great quest series. Well written, and puts the official quest designs to shame.
    I love the Bioware-esque conversations/options. I wish Cryptic had taken a more in depth approach to the main game.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • hendrixfoxhendrixfox Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    naresse wrote: »
    Some time ago, in STO, Cryptic/PWE decided that the practice of creating a Foundry quest that was basically "Walk up to this console in Earth StarBase and press a button, and boom, you've done your Foundry quest for the day, here's your 800 dilithium, merry xmas" was essentially an exploit. They put a minimum time limit on Foundry quests to qualify for the Daily. That time limit is 15 minutes.

When A Hidden Blade was first released (in OBT, anyway, donno if it existed in closed beta) it was taking an average of 16 minutes to complete. You need to understand, the VAST majority of people could not give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about story. They want their 1000 AD from the Daily and they want it with the absolute minimum amount of effort possible. Because of this, A Hidden Blade was a very popular choice for the Daily. As people repeated it every day, and more people skipped over all the dialog every day, taking considerably less than 15 minutes to finish, eventually the average time to complete it fell below 15 minutes, and it is now no longer eligible for the Daily. Which is a shame... because it's a good and interesting quest (line) that now almost no one will bother paying the slightest bit of attention to. You can thank Cryptic/PWE for that.

Ah...thanks for explaining this, actually, as well as solving a quandry I had about doing a Foundry mission the other day. I forget what mission it was offhand, but the listing had it tagged as eligable for the Daily, I did it...and got no credit. Apparently, I ran the mission too fast for it to count? Ah well.