test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celestial Coins Lost due to maintenance?

doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have not been able to log in since I came home from work because of the down time. I am heading to bed since I have to be up in just a few hour and I can no longer wait for the problems to be fixed. My time limit is almost up about this time and I will not be able to stay up and wait on the systems to come back up.

Are we going to lose our Celestial coins because of something that was out of our control? Will there be any means of having those coins restored?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Celestial Coins will reset if you do not pray in 29 hours(1 day, 5 hours) from the last Prayer.
  • doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Celestial Coins will reset if you do not pray in 36 hours time (1.5 days) from the last Prayer.

Yes, but I can not log in because the game is down and I have a job and I need to be in bed right now I just tried again to log into the game and have not been successful. This is out of my control I would have logged in hours ago and not had this issue but I can not control this so I am asking is there a means that you know of to have those that I lose because of something I can not controlled restored?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    doogie74 wrote: »
    Yes, but I can not log in because the game is down and I have a job and I need to be in bed right now I just tried again to log into the game and have not been successful. This is out of my control I would have logged in hours ago and not had this issue but I can not control this so I am asking is there a means that you know of to have those that I lose because of something I can not controlled restored?

. . . . . The only words I can offer is to file a Support Ticket and see what they have to say. You can contact them either in game, press H, or by pressing Support up top the web site or emailing customerservice@perfectworld.com
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's actually 1 day 5 hours, not 1.5 days.
    edited May 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    It's actually 1 day 5 hours, not 1.5 days.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification!

*the mage adjusts his spectacle*
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No way will support help, my opine. They will simply be flooded with "honest" people claiming the same thing with likely no way to know or do that much work.

I demand a rollback!:eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah cathgar457 is correct

Its 1 day 5 hours from the last time you pray not even close to 36 hours.

In addition this can sometimes be less then 1 day and 5 hours...as its supposed to be 24 hours....the extra 5 hours was added due to unforeseen problems and server weirdness which does happen.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• knock255knock255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I logged in to do my prayer so I don't lose my coin. If PW is the cause of the problem will they increase the timer on prayer so I don't have to stay up all night in HOPES of it coming back on line. If I'm screwed, I'm screwed, and can live with it but thought I'd mention it just in case....

Loving the game so far, thanks.
  • drowessdrowess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the server isn't back up in 3 hours, I will lose my coins too, not that I have many as I forgot to log in one day.
  • falafelfoxfalafelfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What he means is, the last time he got to pray was around 9pm PST yesterday, he logged in at 5pm PST today and the servers were down, he is now heading to bed. If he woke up early before work and tried to log in, he would be trying to log in during the scheduled maintenance, therefore the only time he can log in is around 5pm PST tomorrow, 32 hours since his last prayer. I am in the exact same boat. I know it's a stretch to ask for, but is there any chance those timers could be reset/legenthed/forgiven this weekend?

You can stop reading here, the rest is a little bit ranty because I am tired and grumpy, above was the request, now is just blowing off steam, little of which applies to anyone who would be reading this. Those of us working jobs are the ones most likely to be able to support the game's livelihood, even if it is the 14-24s that do much of the hyping. Which is an easier sale, an impulse buy from a customer's attached credit card, or a customer having to ask a guardian to reload their Green Dot or purchase him/her a pre-paid card? Continue putting out the amazing content that makes kids and adults alike giddy and addicted, but please don't forget that the customer that complains he has been working 17 out of the last 24 hours is the same customer ready to sit down, spend 40 bucks on a Warg, 50 on keys, and 20 on a cortisan outfit for his, i mean "her" priest. Not saying the kids/people on vacation/unemployed are any less your customers, but bending a little for your bankrollers is often smart, both for a business, and for a game development company.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The ardent coins only go up to 7 anyway. The celestial coins don't go anywhere, you may at most miss out on one.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • taylorfesttaylorfest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    The ardent coins only go up to 7 anyway. The celestial coins don't go anywhere, you may at most miss out on one.

Ardent go way past 7, celestial vanish if you dont invoke your god within the time frame.
    10mr4gl.png
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Did I mix them up? The ones for the angel companion don't go away. The ones for buffs do go away. Either way, the coins that matter in the long run aren't affected.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Arg..I'll be anxious about this at work tomorrow. I knew I'd regret getting into this who crazy log in everyday scheme!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . The Ardent Coines (Left) do not disappear. The ones on the right, the Celestial Coins, will. As noted, it is a 29 hour timer. Must pray within 29 hours to keep them. Max is 7 for Celestial.

(A thread was merged with this one, if a post or two seems out of place, this may be why)
  • hurricaneknapphurricaneknapp Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    falafelfox wrote: »
    What he means is, the last time he got to pray was around 9pm PST yesterday, he logged in at 5pm PST today and the servers were down, he is now heading to bed. If he woke up early before work and tried to log in, he would be trying to log in during the scheduled maintenance, therefore the only time he can log in is around 5pm PST tomorrow, 32 hours since his last prayer. I am in the exact same boat. I know it's a stretch to ask for, but is there any chance those timers could be reset/legenthed/forgiven this weekend?

You can stop reading here, the rest is a little bit ranty because I am tired and grumpy, above was the request, now is just blowing off steam, little of which applies to anyone who would be reading this. Those of us working jobs are the ones most likely to be able to support the game's livelihood, even if it is the 14-24s that do much of the hyping. Which is an easier sale, an impulse buy from a customer's attached credit card, or a customer having to ask a guardian to reload their Green Dot or purchase him/her a pre-paid card? Continue putting out the amazing content that makes kids and adults alike giddy and addicted, but please don't forget that the customer that complains he has been working 17 out of the last 24 hours is the same customer ready to sit down, spend 40 bucks on a Warg, 50 on keys, and 20 on a cortisan outfit for his, i mean "her" priest. Not saying the kids/people on vacation/unemployed are any less your customers, but bending a little for your bankrollers is often smart, both for a business, and for a game development company.

They made a Forgotten Realms MMO. I'm pretty sure they know their playerbase has a higher average age than 19.
  • kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    but the only good thing from those silly coins is the 5 coin cost thing anyways :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    kharnagex wrote: »
    but the only good thing from those silly coins is the 5 coin cost thing anyways :P
    That's what I am saving up for! I was 4 c-coins the last time I was on earlier today.
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Don't feel bad, I somehow had around 600,000 Astral Diamonds disappear and reported it and no one has got back to me yet saying they've even checked into it let alone fix it.
    edited May 2013
    Don't feel bad, I somehow had around 600,000 Astral Diamonds disappear and reported it and no one has got back to me yet saying they've even checked into it let alone fix it.
    Please update your ticket if you haven't heard back from them within 3-5 business days.
  • okolo64okolo64 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    That's what I am saving up for! I was 4 c-coins the last time I was on earlier today.

Me too! Except I'm sitting at 4 from yesterday, and I haven't been able to get online today between work and this downtime... If I have to wait until after work to get in I'll be at 0 again :(
  • necalannecalan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got my 7 day runestone box yesterday, and it had a rank 5 azure in it, and one of the (blue) wards! Definitely worth the 7 day wait!
    edited May 2013
    I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was log into to the game to check on my coins and they had already reset. I created a ticket in game .

I have just returned home from work and logged into the game and now the ticket is no longer there.

Where should I go to ensure I am keying my support ticket to the correct location.
  • shytbyrdshytbyrd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was log into to the game to check on my coins and they had already reset.

How many did you lose?
    edited May 2013
    shytbyrd wrote: »
    How many did you lose?

I lost 6 and I know that doesn't seems like a lot and had it been my fault I would not be here asking for anything.
  • tekarutekaru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was log into to the game to check on my coins and they had already reset. I created a ticket in game .

I have just returned home from work and logged into the game and now the ticket is no longer there.

Where should I go to ensure I am keying my support ticket to the correct location.

I did the same thing. Logged in, saw my coins were gone, and submitted a ticket.
    edited May 2013
    tekaru wrote: »
    I did the same thing. Logged in, saw my coins were gone, and submitted a ticket.

I submitted a ticket and it is no longer showing up for me. I tried logging in last night and even after they announced they were turning the servers back on and though I could get past the launcher I would time out on the game and when I had 4 hours till I needed to get up I just went to bed.
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That sucks. Honestly I think the timer should be longer than 29 hours for those. Not only for issues like this but simply because a lot of people have more going on in their life than just being able to play games. Kind of ironic what the mod's inital remark timewise was because honestly I think having something like a 36 hour window is a lot more reasonable for these coins.

Well...at the least hope those of you that lost them get them back.
    edited May 2013
    If you park your toon in a circle, you s/b/a to pray from the Gateway like you can craft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    If you park your toon in a circle, you s/b/a to pray from the Gateway like you can craft.

Interesting. Was not aware of this. Thanks.