test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nightmare Lockboxes.

13»

Comments

• shadowstalker59shadowstalker59 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My only issue with the lockboxes is after over 100 keys I haven't really anything to show...a few more craftsman and some runes that I would get anyway. No Mount, No companions, none of that. Also the boxes are becoming fewer and harder to get.
    23.jpg
  • neppanaattorineppanaattori Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wait a few patches and you can no longer sell the boxes in the auction, nor destroy them :D
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also the boxes are becoming fewer and harder to get.

Can buy lockboxes at the wonderous bazaar for 200 Astral Diamonds.
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I remember in forsaken world I spend like 300 dollars trying to get the most rare mount which I got and was very happy.

What's wrong with cosmetic content? Seriously can you stop complaining about such stupid little things, KTHXBAI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abominabomin Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zorpenn wrote: »
    As long as there are people that in last 2 days bought 200 keys? Read other topics. Some folks already opened hundreds of lockboxes each.

had opened over 150 boxes, got no mounts some some stuff.
  • hovsep159hovsep159 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    oh ffs quit ranting about those boxes i saw many games use that system too just deal with it sell it or throw it away
  • mutepoint1mutepoint1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Some are willing to pay real money for cosmetic things. So it has been since the beginning, so it shall be at the end. You can either accept it, and decide whether to be one of them or not, or you can rant and rave about imaginary paywalls and "greed"
  • elcan1980elcan1980 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well there is another way to look at this.. Is they are encouraging people to spend real money for in-game items... No boosts etc.. is one thing but items that make game play more enjoyable, or easy etc... So my question is scene cryptic has crossed that line of real world money for enhancements to the game is it OK for gold farmers and sellers? I mean one could look at it many ways but there items with in the cash shop that do give an edge to players... Sence you can sell zen for diamonds and diamonds for zen then real money transactions is encouraged?
  • elcan1980elcan1980 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally i think cut AD out of the loop and Incorporated Zen and the gold, silver, copper together so people can get zen, and still use the in game currency to for purchases at the AH.... I mena there are so many different currencies in this game that its about maddening.
  • rolandxrolandx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guys i cant transfer my zen to neverwinter how do I get the zen into the game?
  • dauntlessdeitydauntlessdeity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thedrakkos wrote: »

"lots of people have bought keys"... well that totally demonstrates everything is fine, just like the US housing market.

Just to clarify. The housing market is back up. Talk to a realty agent. Unless your one of those, who thinks houses... like games... should be completely free of charge.
  • neppanaattorineppanaattori Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elcan1980 wrote: »
    Personally i think cut AD out of the loop and Incorporated Zen and the gold, silver, copper together so people can get zen, and still use the in game currency to for purchases at the AH.... I mena there are so many different currencies in this game that its about maddening.

That would only bring billions of asian gold-sellers and botters to the game, so no thanks, keep the AD.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    One....you do not "need" anything in box to be competitive in this game. TWO.....your statement about currency is bogus. If histofy is any indication we will actually see devaluation of zen relative toAD. In short some people will buy zen....some will grind AD.....some will sit on forums and whine that a company actually is looking to make a profit from their product.

Nice one.

WTF? A key costs around 61,000ad for the 125zen. What are you *****ing about?

Where are these people coming from?? How does our society still exists with these types of people whining all the time?! This community is almost as bad as the SWTOR community. They ran that game into the ground, and it was a good game! Now they are attempting to run this game into the ground too, wtf is wrong with people???
  • dauntlessdeitydauntlessdeity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they get off on feeling like they actually make a difference. nothing better to do than ***** ***** *****. good riddance.. I'll be happy when they leave and i can enjoy the game with people who appreciate it for what it is.
  • kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    all i'm suggesting on this thread is what i've already suggested, the lockboxes need higher % to drop good stuff not like 40 of the 50 lockboxes i've opened having that damned coffer of runestones ARGH. or lower the price of the keys to an even number of 1 dollar not 1.25 lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redstorm55redstorm55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    people who can open them are people who have so much cash oodling out of their ears, they dont really care.

just dont open it if you cant afford it, the normal content is good enough. Of course they try to entice you, thats the way marketing/advertising works, to create a need where there wasnt before.

Its like women buying shoes, why do they need more than 20 pairs of shoes or bags, i'll never understand that. :P

Or men with more than 12 sports cars, its not like you can drive 12 cars a day to work.

I do agree though, they REALLLY need to balance out the market economy for these things. Or maybe they are just squeezing the die hards the first 2 weeks, before re-balancing it for everyone else.
  • wolfzilvawolfzilva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 167
    edited May 2013
    jacktanto wrote: »
    only suggestion i have is do like one thing gw2 does, some of the story quest or was it map completion grant you a key , you get less keys than chests ofc but you do get some, but then you get to see whats inside and you might want to have more keys :P

just like potato chips or beer :P you cant just have one hehe

If i remember right the stuff GW2 gave you was gear and if this game did that it would go from being a f2p to a p2w game.
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ive opened around 50 or so Nightmare boxes and still have not got the **** Nightmare mount, Its always Runestone coffers or a lesser indomitable something or other (they suck) or a professions pack ( also suck). I understand that not every box can have a nightmare mount but at least 1 out of 50 would be great.
  • rolandxrolandx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guys how do i put money into the game pls some1 help
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    There isn't absolutely anything in that box that's worth opening them for. A mount? A companion? Getting bars to trade in for some ugly costumes or other types of mounts?

Really don't get why people care about those boxes. There is NOTHING in them that's worth anything. Is it annoying that you can't destroy them? Yes, it is, but you can sell them on the AH and make a little AD on the side with them.

I personally like the phoenix companion but it's not a thing for me to go to the 7 eleven pick up a $15 card add it to my account and try to get one. It's not like it's essential to gameplay or something sheesh.

And the only reason why I'm doing that is because I want it it's not because it's necessary to play. I could care less about the mount. Next month if they have a box with something I don't like I won't get keys. It's like the Tier 3 mounts right now, I don't like a single one of those nor do I like the white horse so I'm not getting any of them even tho I prolly have enough AD to do so.

Oh and does anyone else find it weird that people are calling themselves founders when they really didn't spend the amount that makes you a founder and not a guardian?
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Most gas stations and walmarts have game cards in the electronics sections or up at the registers. They'll have some for Perfect World Entertainment you get those go to the account page load the card into your account which gives you zen and poof you can use your zen in the game store.
  • lemongrenadeslemongrenades Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Buying zen tonight with the intention of getting keys to gamboooool. Cause, you know, it's..what's the word I'm looking for....oh, yeah. Cause it's FUN. And I'd like to support a little bit for my playtime. If I continue to play, I many buy more zen and just splurge for a mount, bag, whatever else.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My method of lockboxes in STO is open enough lockboxes to get enough Lobi to get the items I want, then sell lockbox keys to get enough Energy Credits to purchase the Lockbox Ship.
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will say this: if there was ever an appropriate name for these things, "Nightmare Lockbox" is the best.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • sarsparilla1sarsparilla1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with this OP, you can't even destroy the stupid things so they take up bank space or bag space.

I understand a business needs to make money but I spend money on games... I've spent 110 bucks so far on this one... still doesn't mean I like to feel manipulated at every turn.
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think the OP realizes that AD cannot depreciate past what it is currently at. It started at minimum value VS zen due to the huge influx from founders, all it can do is increase in value from that point forward. Basica math is hard.
  • moonfangsmoonfangs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    How the heck does "you can't level any further until you get Leveling Token" compare at all to "hey, you got some extra random loot, if you want to spend the AD or Zen to open it"?

To copy someone I saw recently, that's not comparing apples to oranges, that's comparing apples to pork fried rice.

Actually the levling token wasnt much of a problem (well if you tried getting past lvl12 it probably would have been) it was the limited content you would get unless you bought it or subscribed and as soon as you spent any amount of money you were no longer limited with level tokens. Personally I had nothing against DDOs solution to that part the only thing in ddo i did protest against was the boosts and hirelings wich there was no equivilent to on the other hand they didnt have much us in the endgame anyways.

So far the contents of the nightmare boxes seems to not really matter to much unless your into visual stuff and customisation. :)
  • didradamagididradamagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    PW games have lockboxes. This is nothing new to anyone who did any research about their other games before signing up for this one. It was to be expected. The only difference is they can't be destroyed. Since this is different from CO, where they can be destroyed, this may be due to a bug that needs fixing. One way to deal with the lockboxes is to not pick them up.

dkfdevil wrote: »
    Like i said before, You can perfectly destroy the lockboxes and if you cant than thats a bug that needs to be sorted out

Knightfalz is right one can't destroy the Nightmare Lockboxes I have to many and have tryed, now I try to avoid them like they are a PLAGUE and just annyoing taking up space in bag or bank. Got around the problem temporary by send them in mail to myself, but I really hope cryptic dev. change it so one can choose to open them or throw them away as rubbish.
  • oioleihihuoioleihihu Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    russlowm wrote: »
    Why you care so much? Just silently don't pay. Don't flame. Nobody cares.

I care, and it isn't flaming, it is the truth, you should disagree silently.
    thedrakkos wrote: »
    Or, Another Paywall.

This reminds me of the leveling tokens from DDO.

Free to play, but you need to pay to get your loot?

Only available with the use of our Store Currency?

Smacks of shenanigans, thanks much.

Also, saying you can trade an In-Game Currency for a Store Currency like this is some sort of a solution is ridiculous; someone still had to pay real-world currency for that item, even though it was shuffled off to the next guy, the price was still paid. This also completely overlooks the fact that a readily-accessible In-Game Currency is going to depreciate wildly against the Store Currency; let's all watch as the Zen coin "skyrockets" compared to the Astral Diamond, because the Astral Diamond is going to be WoW gold in short order.

I won't be buying any keys, I'm not giving you another dollar, locking content behind a paywall is insulting after you tout how freely-accessible you are, particularly if the locked content is in the inventory of a Founder.

Apparently you can't even destroy the worthless things. It is to laugh.

How long til we're swimming in the bloody things, and nobody is willing to buy keys?

Kudos, had a laugh or two with your post, tho I don't believe something will be done about that...
    so much for so little, the world has too many dumb people, but wth? That's how they make money!
  • korv0xkorv0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The lockboxes are just like the crates from TF2, and nobody complains about those.

There is nothing wrong with giving convenience and cosmetic items in a bonus gamble game for people that want to spend a dollar and a half on a key. That is how microtransactions work well. It is about the only well implemented part of their monetization of NW. Everything else is ridiculously overpriced, shouldn't be behind a paywall, or makes the game pay to win.