test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When can we see the Archer- and the Paladin Class being added?

aurwangraurwangr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It is a little odd, and many people feel that way (source: ingame talks, mmorg-com and here on this forum) that nomather what class (apart GF) you play "you" as a player do not feel unique. The individuality given to players is not yet big enough to keep me playing this game for much longer. Which is unfortunate because this game has quite some potential. We simply need more classes. Not races, Classes! This is so crucial for the upcoming patches.

5 Classes is WAY to little for an MMO.

Just add an Archer, a Paladin and maybe even a Warlock and everyone is happy.

When can we see this happening?
Post edited by aurwangr on

Comments

• Options
    unexistantunexistant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From my understanding, they intend on releasing classes as well as races periodically. As for a time frame? We weren't given one.

But both Paladin and bow-using Rangers are an extremely common archetype for DnD. So I'd expect them to be some of the first classes to be added.

Personally, I'd like to see a Druid class, or even an Arcane Archer. But I won't hold my breath. :p
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when they open up more paragon tress it will help a ton too I think..
  • Options
    vampyrica88vampyrica88 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ~I am totally with you here, have a girlfriend who loves playing archer & she is so dissapointed about it.
    I really hope they would fix this soon so at least I have a happy bunny beside me while I play. lol

But surely it must be around the corner? Never been in a fantasy mmo without one. lol
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I doubt you will see an archer before a pally in the neverwinter setting. May be unlikely to see an archer at all for a player class.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My guess is 12.03.2016, but i may be wrong.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    vampyrica88vampyrica88 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh to ask this question then, what would you guys consider the class most closest to a ranger as the game stands now?
  • Options
    shanbetoshanbeto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey my friend,

I usually would say many rude things to you and be mad with the world, but im at work and I have to keep calm, well this is beta, this is not a launched game fully worked out, and to be unique well, you have many many skills and talents to make your spec unic, then theres the way you play and be in game, if you dont have the personality to be unique amongst this game then you cant ask for others to help you, well have a nice day. I already has epics and dont feel unique, I am.
  • Options
    aurwangraurwangr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shanbeto wrote: »
    Hey my friend,

I usually would say many rude things to you and be mad with the world, but im at work and I have to keep calm, well this is beta, this is not a launched game fully worked out, and to be unique well, you have many many skills and talents to make your spec unic, then theres the way you play and be in game, if you dont have the personality to be unique amongst this game then you cant ask for others to help you, well have a nice day. I already has epics and dont feel unique, I am.

Well thats the whole hoax with being unique anyway. We are being trained to be something special since we grew up, we were fed this through society and out RPGs and other games and now this somehow is "stuck" in some parts of my ego. We humans are nothing but a hive mind, but our individual aspect tricks us not to believe so. Anyway...

Yes, kick aside the part of being unique. I simply want to play an archer. Why? I like archers. Done. But why am I complaining mostly here in this forum aswell? Well, just because the combat is UBER repetitive and somehow I implanted myself the seed of everything is gonna be rainbow when they add a ranger/archer.

Well well well, okay now you got the full truth.
  • Options
    shanbetoshanbeto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aurwangr wrote: »
    Well thats the whole hoax with being unique anyway. We are being trained to be something special since we grew up, we were fed this through society and out RPGs and other games and now this somehow is "stuck" in some parts of my ego. We humans are nothing but a hive mind, but our individual aspect tricks us not to believe so. Anyway...

Yes, kick aside the part of being unique. I simply want to play an archer. Why? I like archers. Done. But why am I complaining mostly here in this forum aswell? Well, just because the combat is UBER repetitive and somehow I implanted myself the seed of everything is gonna be rainbow when they add a ranger/archer.

Well well well, okay now you got the full truth.

Fair enough, i would like to see the classes you recall, just be patient about it, atm there is a coming soon race and class so no reason to worry, im off now, good day.
  • Options
    mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought Cryptic said they were adding a new class within 30 days of launch?
  • Options
    riepahriepah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want me some Paladin. I just hope they won't be forced to wear a shield or something... some weapon choice would be nice. Give me Paladins with 2handed swords or 2 1handed swords and I'll be happily purging evil all day long. Using swords. Because swords are the best weapons.
  • Options
    dlarkwelldlarkwell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IMO, an archer ranger will be (and should be) the next class released, for 2 reasons. There are two (labeled) striker classes that are melee only, leaving a cleric (leader) and wizard (controller) to be ranged-exclusive. There is a gap in dps, and I feel ranger will fill it quite nicely. And the reason I feel it will be ranger over say, a warlock, is that no current class that has the Nature skill by default. Unless they bring out a type of druid (if it shapeshifts it'll likely be melee striker, if it heals it'll be a controller, if it debuffs it'll be a controller, which fills zero existing gaps) then ranger is the best candidate.

Not to mention it'll just irk so many Drizzt wanna-be's that they can't be a dual wielding ranger, which will have it's own sort of enjoyment from their suffering lol.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soon!(tm)

/tenchar
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think they will do some paragon trees before more classes. more classes gets you more of 1000 of the same pally build running around, give Paragon trees and the the 5 classes you have instantly become much more varied so everyone isn't the same.
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Member Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And Monks!!
  • Options
    immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Honestly Id rather see a Ranger and a Druid before the Pally, I like Paladins but we ALREADY have 2 melee fighter classes. Time for some ranged classes Ranger, Druid, then A different kind of Mage and Paladin...we also need a class the Teifling can excell at. With Charisma being her major stat...not sure what the best fit is. Oh and after Ranger and Druid a Monk character would be cool :)
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • Options
    falcondancefalcondance Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh to ask this question then, what would you guys consider the class most closest to a ranger as the game stands now?

I am a steadfast D&D ranger --- but am enjoying the Trickster Rogue very much! There's a throwing daggers skill that at least satisfies the need to be ranged. ;)
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I thought Cryptic said they were adding a new class within 30 days of launch?

If that's true then we still have a wait. Launch does not happen until beta is over. So the question is, how long id open beta?
  • Options
    lilcindylouwholilcindylouwho Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am also a girl who enjoys playing ranger classes on most mmos and i chose control wizard as my class. its the same dps role, and since you don't use mana (or magica, or energy, or whatever), its like you have unlimited ammunition. I'd recommend your girlfrind tries that class.
  • Options
    chthonicmythoschthonicmythos Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    I think ranged archer and warlock are planned next, someone found some game files relating to them so they are already in development to some degree.
    Considering how DCs ranged attack worked out I hope they are looking into how to make it more fun.
  • Options
    dmndmndmndmndmndmn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But I am happy already...
  • Options
    darkmawldarkmawl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shanbeto wrote: »
    Hey my friend,

I usually would say many rude things to you and be mad with the world, but im at work and I have to keep calm, well this is beta, this is not a launched game fully worked out

So when does a beta tester comment on what he sees as flaws in the game?
  • Options
    vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you will see it around NEVERARY 32nd
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you will see it around NEVERARY 32nd
    hahahaha and ha
  • Options
    kelgramkelgram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think ranged archer and warlock are planned next, someone found some game files relating to them so they are already in development to some degree.
    Considering how DCs ranged attack worked out I hope they are looking into how to make it more fun.

This. I'm pretty sure I heard something about late May.

Also, people, this is an open beta. It's not a finished game - whining about lacking content is silly. We should be thankful we get to play it at all instead of waiting another six months for the final version.
  • Options
    dlarkwelldlarkwell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kelgram wrote: »
    This. I'm pretty sure I heard something about late May.

Also, people, this is an open beta. It's not a finished game - whining about lacking content is silly. We should be thankful we get to play it at all instead of waiting another six months for the final version.

While true, it is not a finished game in open beta, as far as content goes open beta = launch. Open beta is essentially just a massive stress test for servers and load capacities to make sure the game runs properly for as many people as possible.
  • Options
    archsteel1archsteel1 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    aurwangr wrote: »

I simply want to play an archer. Why? I like archers. Done. But why am I complaining mostly here in this forum aswell? Well, just because the combat is UBER repetitive and somehow I implanted myself the seed of everything is gonna be rainbow when they add a ranger/archer.
    QUOTE]

You good sir, just made my day.
  • Options
    archsteel1archsteel1 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    i doubt you will see an archer before a pally in the neverwinter setting. May be unlikely to see an archer at all for a player class.

the horror. O_o
  • Options
    crstirizlxxviicrstirizlxxvii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Data mining suggests that Ranger and Warlock will be the next two classes released. There have even been people in the closed betas who reported getting drops for those two classes. As for when, I have no idea. Soon I hope. I want my Warlock!
  • Options
    kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well first we got the "Visual Gear Patch" coming soon, and then "Good Companions Patch" coming soon.. and then we have "The path patch" coming soon (one for each class or something like that), and then we have "New dungeon Patch" coming soon.. and after that.. we got ourself a new class... Bard.