test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When can we see the Archer- and the Paladin Class being added?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dornstoneshielddornstoneshield Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I think asking for a Paladin is a bit unrealistic...I mean the class concept is really inseperable from D&D and given the great links Cryptic has gone to to distance this game from anything even remotely D&Dish I can't see them taking that step.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Data mining suggests that Ranger and Warlock will be the next two classes released.!

This is pretty much a "known" at this point, scourge warlock, archer ranger. Now this part is just my guessing, but since drow are supposed to be open for all, not just founders, in 60 days, i'd bet that is when at least one is coming out. I'd be even happier if it's sooner, same with the extra paragon paths, but 60 days seems to make sense in development time.
  • Options
    alexeraalexera Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nevermind, my page glitched and I didnt see my answer had already been stated a few times!
  • Options
    antonytuyzantonytuyz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A druid class please!
  • Options
    mikaleus#7208 mikaleus Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also hope to see a primal class.
    Druid or Shaman would be awesome.
    Before the rumors about the archer ranger I would've suggested the seeker class.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This is true.

I still dont understand why people are asking for more characters or paragons when the one we have have so many issues to begin with. That would be like throwing gas on a fire
  • Options
    llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not really sure how you would build a paladin in a world without alignment, where everybody is paid to pray :)
    Really they would be a flavoured fighter and needn't actually be a class - you could have a paladin paragon path in both GF & GWF.
  • Options
    trnltrnl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There wont be a Paladin class.

Archer first then Warlock.
  • Options
    hallipohallipo Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    what do you mean this isnt even remotely D&D'ish..there are DRAGONS! and DUNGEONS! so this is D&D! =D
    /troll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trnl wrote: »

I think you meant that they haven't announced or added any files for a Paladin class yet. And that the only 2 classes we know are coming are the Archer Ranger and a Warlock class.

Not adding Paladin's would be stupid.
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trnl wrote: »

Isn't warlock just another subclass of a wizard? I'm not familure with this new fancy d&d it all seems butt *** backwards
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    osiabunny wrote: »
    Isn't warlock just another subclass of a wizard? I'm not familure with this new fancy d&d it all seems butt *** backwards

Not in 4e, in 4e Wizards are a mid-long ranged control class whilst Warlocks are close-mid range Strikers.
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    meh I miss 2nd edition. Made more sense.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    aurwangr wrote: »

5 Classes is WAY to little for an MMO.

Correction: There are only 3 viable classes...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am pretty sure we will see all the core 4th edition Player's Handbook Classes, each class with two versions, and each version with 2 paragon paths.

Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock, Warlord, & Wizard.

More classes might be added after that, most likely from the PHB2.

Avenger, Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Invoker, Shaman, Sorcerer, & Warden.

They also might add Swordmage, since that is a class specific to the Neverwinter setting. Might not tho...