test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This delay..Europe related.

Comments

• emrendillemrendill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    aleiven wrote: »
    EU user here. No problem what so ever. 150 ping but 0 delay. Idk what you people are *****ing bout lol.

About high ping.
  • majzlikmajzlik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    I'm even further away than Europe ima in Osaka and I am only getting ping of 140 I also play with a dude from Berlin and a guy from Italy ( not those guys U__U" ) they seem fine as well. Check your internets they might be *** :I

They SEEM fine. Type /netgraph 1 in your chat once in game and tell your friends to do the same. 200+ms seem fine if you don't really pay attention, it's not like you're rubberbanding all over the place. Just that your blocks/dodges arent as responsive, you're getting hit even though you already had your shield up/dodged away. It's subtle things that people might not get noticed, but they are there and they are annoying.
  • majzlikmajzlik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aleiven wrote: »
    EU user here. No problem what so ever. 150 ping but 0 delay. Idk what you people are *****ing bout lol.

You do realize ping=latency=delay, right? Your 150ms ping is translated into 0.15s delay. For a game that wants you to dodge out of death zones or you'll take huge damage, that is pretty **** high.
  • xarlantharxarlanthar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm noticing the delay from Europe also. At first I didn't really notice it, but as soon as I started playing a guardian fighter I really notice the delay on the whole block mechanic (As in you obviously block in time on your screen, but still get hit). It's the reason why I went to these forums to see if others have this problem to and this forum threat really explains it all.

Even if they have EU servers now, it seems all traffic is still being redirected from the US and thus cause high pings. I really hope Cryptic will be looking into setting up a dedicated EU shard as this delay will be forcing us into a preemptive play-style I can't see myself enjoying.
    Maybe not all classes are effected as much, although I do think it is noticeable for everyone. Specially with the blocking and dodging mechanics.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    majzlik wrote: »
    They SEEM fine. Type /netgraph 1 in your chat once in game and tell your friends to do the same. 200+ms seem fine if you don't really pay attention, it's not like you're rubberbanding all over the place. Just that your blocks/dodges arent as responsive, you're getting hit even though you already had your shield up/dodged away. It's subtle things that people might not get noticed, but they are there and they are annoying.

Thats a fair point . If we all have slightly *** ping we might not notice it.
  • skydiversrskydiversr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they need physical datacenter in europe and europe servers on it.. end of story
    mega servers... proxys or w/e does not help at all.. we still get 200-300 or more ping if we gonna connect from Europe to usa servers
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play form Japan everything seems fine like the mod said there is lots of mini servers world wide . We need more of these not a big server that splits the population.
  • emrendillemrendill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    skydiversr wrote: »
    they need physical datacenter in europe and europe servers on it.. end of story
    mega servers... proxys or w/e does not help at all.. we still get 200-300 or more ping if we gonna connect from Europe to usa servers

Yep, I agree.
  • maxpoweryomaxpoweryo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some ppl in this thread are really clueless/liars. Thers NO WAY you can get stable sub 100 ping from EU to US. Its physically not possble. Blaming that on internet providers is ridiculous. When i play on EU servers i get 50 ping max. Here it jumps between 140-200. Sure you can play pve like that (its still really annoying) but playing pvp is like dragging your balls through a field of shattered glass. Ppl who dont notice difference between 50 and 150 ping have uber slow reflexes and shouldnt even speak about that. We need EU servers asap.
    edited May 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    Once I'm ingame sure.

Yeah, you should check your ping in the game. type /netgraph 1 in the chat. If you are from eurupe, you should be getting from 150-240 like the others do.
  • curthaagerscurthaagers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice if one of the devs could atleast comment on this.
  • darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once I'm ingame sure.

I just cant wait for it seriously. What country you are at?
    And done tell us there is a queue to log - because there is none, so just give that screenshot because its almost impossible to believe you :)

Im having 120-150ping with 25mb connection.
    In WoW on european servers I had 50-70max.

Anyway its possible to play pvp with 120-150 you just need higher skill by at least 25% than someone with half that latency.
    And judging by how many noobs are in pvp it wont be a problem :)
  • skydiversrskydiversr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    until it this way. the pvp in this game will be never ever ever balanced/ 20 ms VS 200 ms
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just cant wait for it seriously. What country you are at?
    And done tell us there is a queue to log - because there is none, so just give that screenshot because its almost impossible to believe you :)

Im having 120-150ping with 25mb connection.
    In WoW on european servers I had 50-70max.

Anyway its possible to play pvp with 120-150 you just need higher skill by at least 25% than someone with half that latency.

I'm from France on 100mb/sec cable
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
    edited May 2013

Seriously, where is screenshot with /netgraph 1 ?
  • xarlantharxarlanthar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

On the other hand you would have no chance against people equally skilled purely based on ping :)
  • marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    skydiversr wrote: »
    until it this way. the pvp in this game will be never ever ever balanced/ 20 ms VS 200 ms

lol, you guys cry about 200ms....

We Australians pvp and have done so for years with 3-400 ms..

Ive had to quit my geared 60 rogue because my latency playing from Melbourne sits at high 400s.. and playing a class with a small htibox just doesnt work.. so i adapt.. now il play GWF.
    Deal with it.

Although i must say, this game feels alot laggier than most.. Animations will go off but no dmg or cooldown used... very weird.. kinda feels more like 1 second in pvp at times :/

And yes, i play other games with my connection and achieve half of my ping to Neverwinter, so im afraid its just the servers.
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, where is screenshot with /netgraph 1 ?

Seriously, allow me to get my work done before logging into the game :)

Unlike some who work from home I have a target to hit and loading the game would make me slack too much. So I always get work done before it comes to loading up le games :)
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, allow me to get my work done before logging into the game :)

Unlike some who work from home I have a target to hit and loading the game would make me slack too much. So I always get work done before it comes to loading up le games :)

I would count posting on forums as slacking too :D
    But hey as a freelancer I totally can relate to you on that ;D
  • bolt1981bolt1981 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zzacc wrote: »
    Please elaborate. Are you suggesting different instances are hosted around the world? Or that the hosting is P2P?

I always have ~150-200 ms ping which corresponds a server located in NA, and a delay that comes with it.

Which at this age of online gaming is a shamefully cheap solution, and is not acceptable.

well i am in europe (Eire) and ive no issue at all, though i cant tell you what my exact ping is as i havent checked, but ive done party play and solo play just fine
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I have the same kind of connection (100/10Mbps) but from Spain and I am getting 150-200ms with spikes. What kind of ping do you have in-game? Below 150?
  • symbolofrage2012symbolofrage2012 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well i am in europe (Eire) and ive no issue at all, though i cant tell you what my exact ping is as i havent checked, but ive done party play and solo play just fine

everyone in europe will have a ping at around 130-200ms - even you. id love to see "european servers" in the future, too, respectively my ping go down. and some fps-drop issues need to be fixed.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bolt1981 wrote: »

Honestly (in PVE) even with a ping of 200ms I was able to block with my GF and dodge with my TR without problems, almost like it was somehow asynchronous... but I imagine in PVP could be different. I also noticed the ping spiking in heavily populated areas.

You might have the same ping as the rest of Euros but just not noticing it.
  • kysis020kysis020 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You really need to add a server for Europeans asap, i dont see the logic behind having only US servers, yes generally US players are more but how are we supposed to play with 200-300ms?

Yes PvE is possible, we will get a few extra attacks from monters but PvP isnt possible in an ACTION MMO with this kind of ping.

And this whole "proxy" doesnt work at all, it makes it even worst actually so i am not sure why it even exists.

Add some actual European servers or something, or well we will see after the maintenance.

I kinda gree, there is a thirth shard why didnt they make it Europe and anyone els who wants to join shard.. but most PWI games have International servers , never seen any EU server before
    Currently Playing Neverwinter Online

IGN: Obscura Rouge 60 , GS 9k

Handel @Kysis020
  • ddpearlddpearl Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've yet to experience any latency what do ever and neither have any of the people in my guild who are from all over Europe and some of the United States and Canada. So it appears that either most of you who are lagging are from the same country or you are using the same Internet Provider, who is directly traffic from a hub which is too small to handle the large amount of traffic passing through it.

Either way the servers are perfectly fine, it's just an issue from your end to connecting to the server itself.

Only time I've personally experienced any latency was when the servers all had the rubber banding issue a few days ago.

Actually the problem is you not noticing the lagg not its non existence. I only play PvE in Eu also and I rarely get any complaints but if you use /netgraph it still shows 150+ ping, in late game PvP this will be a huge factor.
  • me33ieme33ie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also having a EU server would help with loads as we are playing in a off-peak hours when US are in the peak hours so this effects us to.

Ven
  • elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    also you need to consider their servers are little crowded right now no matter where they are.

Also not sure where you got 200-300 to NA. I'm on slow (2.4GHz) public wifi right now in CZ and I can reach random server in Pensylvania with 100ms. I will try it from home. Wifi/cable either but I get usually <1ms on google (probably local) and like 10-30ms in game servers which actually CAN respond in such time, like LOL.

And again.. Soon there will be only ONE shard. That's reason why they don't make US/EU ones in first place (and why EU got maintenance at really bad time).
  • weavingharp9weavingharp9 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zzacc wrote: »
    Pointless, inflammatory post. You are not in Europe.
    I have a grade A connection and it's not possible for my ping to be less than 150 ms on a NA based server.

Not to be harping on you or anything but if you are from europe and cant get sub 150 ms on an NA based server you don't have a grade A connection/isp. Im sitting on approx 50-100ms all the time om both Beholder and Mindflayer servers playinig the game from Sweden. So it's obviously possible to have sub 150ms from europe to NA.

But yes I agree, gief EU servers!
  • weavingharp9weavingharp9 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not just about the speed, its about gateways and proxies as well(= ISP and country related)
  • daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thing is, no matter how much people complain about their ping being far to high to enjoy a game with such active combat as this, no matter right those people are. We will never see a EU based Shard that only connects to their EU based servers and an EU located Data Centre for one simple reason. They know that in a few months a large number of players will have moved onto something else and it just won't be cost effective. If they were expecting a high volume of players from the EU to stay around for 2-3 years, I think we'd actually see something. But they don't. So we won't. It's a sad but true fact.

It's like this whole "We have built our Shards with the idea in mind that we will merge them all into one giant Shard "soontm" after launch". This is something that will happen only when a fairly large number of players have wandered off to other things. They know this is something that's going to happen, they have seen it happen before. Most MMO's out there have merged multiple servers 12 months after launch because the high volume of players didn't last. They play it off as something else, but this is something everyone knows will happen, they have just been smart enough to plan for it. Even if they have to rationalize it in a different way so players won't be put off.