test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This delay..Europe related.

Comments

• doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Where are you located? What connection do you have? Is it wireless or wired?
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • zharzhar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    The main mega server for each shard is located within the United States, in California if you want the exact location. However they have cluster servers located all over Europe, Asia and other parts of the worldto allow for people to connect and not experience any latency issues.

The latency that people are experiencing right now is something that is local for those people as if this was happening on the servers, it would be effecting EVERYONE!. This means that the ISP you have is directing traffic through small hubs and thus causing a blockage.

I would highly recommend you contact your ISP for further help as if there were server related issues, they would be communicating this like they have done in the past.

That's funny, because once you're in-game, the game communicates with the servers(Dragon) on IPs 208.95.186.76 and 208.95.186.96, both of which are located in California.
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    *sigh*

Do you even know what cluster servers are, zhar?

The traffic is being directed to the servers located in California, so of course that IP address will be shown. It's not rocket science ;)

Even google can be helpful in these times of need for those who are having latency issues.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus

• smauztssmauzts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've yet to experience any latency what do ever and neither have any of the people in my guild who are from all over Europe and some of the United States and Canada. So it appears that either most of you who are lagging are from the same country or you are using the same Internet Provider, who is directly traffic from a hub which is too small to handle the large amount of traffic passing through it.

Either way the servers are perfectly fine, it's just an issue from your end to connecting to the server itself.

Only time I've personally experienced any latency was when the servers all had the rubber banding issue a few days ago.

Post your latency, please. Prefer screenshot.

Some people just dont notice the difference between 150-300 ping and when playing at 60ping. If you live in EU, and do have between 150-300ping and does not notice the lag, you are one of those who does not see the difference..

Myself, I feel it, I notice it and I f hate it.

It
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The latency that people are experiencing right now is something that is local for those people as if this was happening on the servers, it would be effecting EVERYONE!. This means that the ISP you have is directing traffic through small hubs and thus causing a blockage.

Not really, though that thought had at one point crossed my mind. Out of the eight of my friends playing that have been experiencing lagging issues, we are spread between 3 different ISP's and 4 different city's within the same country. Though admittedly, some experience the lagg a little worse than others at time, over all we have all been hit with it.
    edited May 2013
    smauzts wrote: »
    Post your latency, please. Prefer screenshot.

Some people just dont notice the difference between 150-300 ping and when playing at 60ping. If you live in EU, and do have between 150-300ping and does not notice the lag, you are one of those who does not see the difference..

Myself, I feel it, I notice it and I f hate it.

Regards, Smauzt

Give me 2 moments.

I get to hop 10 before it then goes to request timed out. but the last piece of information 83ms.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus

• cronabbcronabb Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We don't, you just need a better ISP or connection. Get real.
  • zharzhar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *sigh*

Do you even know what cluster servers are, zhar?

The traffic is being directed to the servers located in California, so of course that IP address will be shown. It's not rocket science ;)

Even google can be helpful in these times of need for those who are having latency issues.

Yes, and if that was the case, my computer would be connecting to this supposed EU cluster, and have that do the traffic redirection to the Cali server, however, my computer is connecting directly to the Cali server.
  • skydiversrskydiversr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are hundreds of servers around the world.
    You are seeing three shards but each shard is a network of hundreds of servers. Not a single US Server. :)

i dont know what we see or what we dont see. his point is right every single server u own i tracert it and all leads back to usa servers with 200-300 ping and even in game.. so there is no dout in my mind that u dont have even 1 europe server...
    we as europen players feel shafted again.. speicaly in pvp againt NA players who will get 20 ping while we got 200-300
  • smauztssmauzts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give me 2 moments.

Everyone who lives in EU do have pings between 100-300+. It is a fact. Why? Becaue all the servers are located in US/NA.

DISTANCE do create ping, it is a fact, it is freaking physics law?!. If they open up a server in Germany/England or similar; Problem solved.

Regards, Smauzt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Everyone who lives in EU do have pings between 100-300+. It

That is your opinion and information that you are gathering from a small number of people who use the forums where as thousands of others ingame having fun and not experiencing any latency what so ever. Why is it so hard for people like yourself to understand that there are people like myself who are playing with NO LAG.

As mentioned I get a request timed out on the 10th hop and I'm on a ms of 83 at the time my connection is in California. Remember that not everyone in Europe uses the same Internet Provider and most countries have really good Internet depending on where you live and if you are willing to pay the price for a very good fiber connection.
    DISTANCE do create ping, it is a fact, it is freaking physics law?!. If they open up a server in Germany/England or similar; Problem solved.

2640b.jpg
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus

• curthaagerscurthaagers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is your opinion and information that you are gathering from a small number of people who use the forums where as thousands of others ingame having fun and not experiencing any latency what so ever.

Opinion? More like laws of physics.

Also, if you don't report the latency issues in the forums, does that mean that the problem doesn't exist?
    Why is it so hard for people like yourself to understand that there are people like myself who are playing with NO LAG.

Would be nice with a screenshot.
  • mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nightw0lf wrote: »
    Same problem here... 180 - 200 latency which is really bad...
    I tried the eu proxy but using this option is much worse, around 300 - 350 ms.
    Please Cryptic do something about this...we really need an european server!

I always have over 200ms but below 300ms thank god.

Yeah, European server is needed, preferably in Germany so that I can get ping below 60ms.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • emrendillemrendill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    Where are you located? What connection do you have? Is it wireless or wired?

Central Europe, 10/4, wired.

When i was playing Tera (EU), my ping was around 70ms.
  • mistersixpackmistersixpack Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is your opinion and information that you are gathering from a small number of people who use the forums where as thousands of others ingame having fun and not experiencing any latency what so ever. Why is it so hard for people like yourself to understand that there are people like myself who are playing with NO LAG.

As mentioned I get a request timed out on the 10th hop and I'm on a ms of 83 at the time my connection is in California. Remember that not everyone in Europe uses the same Internet Provider and most countries have really good Internet depending on where you live and if you are willing to pay the price for a very good fiber connection.

Your connection is like 100mb dls?... my ms in this game is like 200+ with dsl 8mb, that is biggest connection to get here.
    edited May 2013
    Opinion? More like laws of physics.

Also, if you don't report the latency issues in the forums, does that mean that the problem doesn't exist?

Would be nice with a screenshot.

O_o

You want me to provide you with a screenshot of my request timing out on the 10th jump in California with a ping of 83?

Fine.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus

• ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude I have 50gigs up and down , yet 200 ms constantly . PLease don't tell me it's my internet lol /.
  • skydiversrskydiversr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guys r u lost ur mind 0_o what u talking about.... no matter how fast ur connection or how uber ur modem
    DISTANCE IS THE BIGGEST FACT FOR YOUR PING

if you live in europe and play on usa server you will have same ping no matter how fast ur connection...

unless your isp using time portals to make the distance shorter ... lol
  • curthaagerscurthaagers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You want me to provide you with a screenshot of my request timing out on the 10th jump in California with a ping of 83?

No, I want you to provide a screenshot of your ping.

Write /netgraph 1 in the chat and post the results. I can do the same if you'd like.
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Dude I have 50gigs up and down , yet 200 ms constantly . PLease don't tell me it's my internet lol /.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

I'm sorry to say that a 50gb upload through a connection does not exist for civilian use. Even University doesn't have that and the same with global companies and banks.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus

• yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I have a latency issue in Australia as well-the internet here is pretty bad at the best of times though. I find you have to preempt every action/reaction-even in pve. It's still quite fun, but I'll never be super competitive with the lag I get. There is even a delay between button press and effect triggering-quite similar to Tera actually.
    edited May 2013
    No, I want you to provide a screenshot of your ping.

Write /netgraph 1 in the chat and post the results. I can do the same if you'd like.

Once I'm ingame sure.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus

• slimmangslimmang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem, I am from israel and i just can't play, most of the time it's maybe delays or lags but when i enter to a zone that there is alot of people it's just impossible playing, i can even see where i'm going...
    FIX THIS FAST...
    edited May 2013
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

I'm sorry to say that a 50gb upload through a connection does not exist for civilian use. Even University doesn't have that and the same with global companies and banks.

250 megabits per second is the fastest that I have ever heard of.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • rollierollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I don't understand is why there are all theese cluster servers around the world when from europe anyway you still got 150-200 ping, same as if thery didn't have any of the cluster servers are were connectying direct to the US.
    edited May 2013
    rollie wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why there are all theese cluster servers around the world when from europe anyway you still got 150-200 ping, same as if thery didn't have any of the cluster servers are were connectying direct to the US.

In reality they run Neverwinter on three old IBM servers from the late 90's.
  • wolfsecwolfsec Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    An EU server would indeed be nice, will they make one? bet not but well.
    Atm i'm having 150-200 ping on Dragon server, playable? yes but would pref to have around 30-70 etc ping, what i have in other games.
  • majzlikmajzlik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Your opinion of thousands of people playing without ping issues is just as useless as his. Your opinion is based on couple of people who say their ping is just fine, his opinion is based on hundreds of people in game + on forums complaining about the persistent lag. Which one is more valid? I live in one of the lucky countries in Europe which has one of the best internets (Czech republic), and my ping is 200+ms. I played TOR at launch during christmas and I didn't have these kind of ping issues, so I don't think it's the provider not handling the influx of data streaming back and forth. In fact, I don't believe that this MMO, that couple fo thousands of people play even scratched their monitoring software. Let's get real, Neverwinter is not a triple A long awaited MMO that hundreds of thousands of people awaited. These problems are most likely not caused by a provider.

And again, as was asked before I would love to see a screenshot of your 80ms ping in game.
  • aleivenaleiven Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EU user here. No problem what so ever. 150 ping but 0 delay. Idk what you people are *****ing bout lol.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm even further away than Europe ima in Osaka and I am only getting ping of 140 I also play with a dude from Berlin and a guy from Italy ( not those guys U__U" ) they seem fine as well. Check your internets they might be *** :I