test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chinese Writing in a White Window

wir3dwir3d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
anyone know why when i launch the game i get a window that pops up with chinese writing and nothing else happens?
Post edited by wir3d on

Comments

• dadishdadish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im getting this as well I have tried everything i can think of and still cant get the launcher to work. the Devs does not seem to care or acknowledge that this is an issue.. I have given up will try to play this game once more in a few days if its not fixed by then i will move on and not play this game.
  • yarrmoryarrmor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Could you please list every step you did with the data. We need some more information to properly help you guys.
    edited May 2013
    I start up the Neverwinter.exe and i get a white window with chinese letters these : 攼㹭潌摡湩⹧倠敬獡⁥慷瑩㰮支㹭. I try to run it with administrator mode with no success. I try to download that new "Neverwinter.exe" file from "Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions" does nothing same issue. Tried to reinstall multiple times still the issue remains. I get no errors during the install. But from what I can see in the game folder things might be missing, I have no GameClient.exe in the Live folder all I have there is piggs folder (with hogg files inside) nothing more. People have had this issue on STO and CO as well. I have tried to get it to work by closing everything down even AV/Firewall programs. Last thing i have tried is to download torrent that had the GameClient.exe there and a bunch of files that my original install lacked/missed due to some unknown reason. But this way i got into the GameClient.exe and to the "login screen" but I get timed out on account servers and the game version (on top of the screen) is outdated. In the end I cant get the game up to date or the launcher working at all. Even the "Neverwinter.exe" from the torrent with the Gameclient.exe gives me the chinese letters. I don't know what more I can do.
  • yarrmoryarrmor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Where did you download the game from? You might want to try a different mirror. I also noticed that (for me) the game will not work with Steam, Origin, Skype, Mumble, Ventrillo or Teamspeak on.

Also, try google translating the text and post it here.
    edited May 2013
    I downloaded the game from the direct download link as well from the Torrent (On the official page ofc) then I tried to download an already installed game that someone uploaded to another torrent site. I don't have Steam, mumble or Teamspeak installed. Have tried with closing Origin and Skype completely (by closing them from task manager) still cant get the game running. Im just glad I did not buy a pack was considering doing it but that "urge" is long gone.
    edited May 2013
    Have you tried a mirror like Gamershell, Game Front or AtomicGamer?
    edited May 2013
    Yes tried all of them.
    edited May 2013
    Hmm.. I think this is about as much as I can help you with. I need both yours and wir3d's situation in detail to see what program/error both of you have. I'll try digging some more.
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for trying. Hopefully this can be fixed, would be a shame otherwise.
  • fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Google translate of above chinese-text: The Han Zhi 㹭 WHATSOEVER Breast - feeding ⹧ Sui King Xi ⁥,, generous Ying 㰮 support 㹭.

Looks like a hack to me :p
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Author: @Fugln
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
    edited May 2013
    Well how do you hack something from the official page ? I have downloaded all possible versions from the page and its the same on them all. I get the update thing when starting the .exe sometimes. I do not join or visit any page that have malware (that I know of) and I use protection against those type of things.
    edited May 2013
    I talked to an friend of mine and he said he had a game where, if he would and go delete the prefence files, it would make the game in russian. Maybe you are missing that too, since you said you were missing other files too. Right now, I'm just randomly guessing, but it's the best I can do for you right now.
    edited May 2013
    I just tried something out, interesting part is that I'm getting the same error even if I just copy the "Neverwinter.exe" (only file) and uninstall the rest of the game completely.
    edited May 2013
    Same thing happens if I just start from this file "http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/launcher/Neverwinter.exe" The game creates some files when i start the exe : CrypticError.exe file, dbghelp.dll and localdata folder inside of the folder there is GamePrefs.pref and _SWMWindowPosList.txt
    edited May 2013
    Nah really cant be asked anymore spent over 6 hours trying to get this game working. Giving up now. All of you enjoy playing it sad its as broke as it is.. God bye.
    edited May 2013
    I wish someone could upload their fully patched game, that is working, somewhere so I can download that and try if it works or if I still get the same error. What I would need is the entire game folder uploaded on to a torrent or anywhere else so I could try and see if it works. If anyone has time or the will to do this for me i would greatly appreciate it. Ps you can remove the pref file if your worried about your account name. This is the last possible thing i could think of before i'm out of options.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Are you able to load the launcher? If so, click Options on the top Right. Ensure that English is selected and then check Force Verify to make the game recheck all the files and it will then update/fix and patch any problems it detects with your installation.

. . . . . No one should upload the game anywhere as that would be breaking the ToS and EULA of the game. If you're still having issues after force verify completes, please file a support ticket.

See my next post too.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Also, please go to this thread and try the step "Update 7" to download the a fixed launcher exe to replace yours to see if that works:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831

. . . . . You'll want to download that Neverwinter.exe file and replace it with the one in your base neverwinter installation directory.
    edited May 2013
    I cant press anything at the launcher. I here is a picture of what my launcher looks like. Launcher_Game_folder.jpg

Full pic : http://postimg.org/image/hrkzshlab/full/
    edited May 2013
    I have done all of that. I have followed all the steps in that post with no success. I have replaced the exe, reinstalled multiple times from all sources (Torrent, Direct + the 3 different hosts). Disabled all programs that I did not require to run. You name it. I still believe the issue lies at the game not installing correctly for some reason.
    edited May 2013
    dadish wrote: »
    I have done all of that. I have followed all the steps in that post with no success. I have replaced the exe, reinstalled multiple times from all sources (Torrent, Direct + the 3 different hosts). Disabled all programs that I did not require to run. You name it. I still believe the issue lies at the game not installing correctly for some reason.
    . . . . . That really sucks! I am terribly sorry for this. Please make sure you have filed a support ticket and then once you do, copy the support ticket number and paste it into a new reply in here for me. I will then forward this thread to my CM to have it looked into for you.

. . . . . One last thing you may want to try is disabling UAC (User Account Control) and then reboot and see if that resolves the issue. To me, it sounds like something is blocking the launcher from loading and patching the rest of the game, which will cause the Client to time out for an outdated client cannot connect to a server running a different version.

. . . . . A crazy thought too is that you may want to try updating your Flash, depending on what OS you have (Win8 has it built-in). In any case, I am escalating this and moving it to bugs. Please be sure to file a support ticked if none of this helps!
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for trying to help, I have updated Flash to the newest one. will try disabling UAC and gonna try it out. I have now made a ticket : 130504-000789
    edited May 2013
    I have disabled UAC and it did nothing. Issue still remains.
  • ironavenger1ironavenger1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone find a solution to this? I can run the game on my win8 laptop no problem, but have the same issue Dadish has had when you run the launcher all that comes up is a white screen with chinese writing.
    As with dadish, I did all the steps and it still doesn't work.

d/l several times amking sure to fully delete all the previous files ...CHECK.
    Turned off all firewalls and anti virus software that might prevent the patcher from working...CHECK
    downloaded the alternate neverwinter.exe file...CHECK
    All the other steps that have nothing to do with this but are listed in the above linked page ...CHECK

Still doesn't work...VERY frustrating as it should work with win7 just fine. wanted to play this game with my spouse but sadly now I can only play one the laptop.
    edited May 2013
    *UPDATE*

So i was fooling around in the 'cryptic' folder (computer-> users-> public-> games--> Cryptic) and went into the 'live' folder..turns out you can get the launcher to work. I double clicked on the file named 'game client' and the client loaded, but even though it is totally up to date it doesn't login.
    I used the up to date files from my laptop to make sure it was a tested working copy..in fact as i write this my wife is logged in playing on our laptop. but it still doesn't allow me to play.

This appears to be a server side issue, so we'll have to wait till they fix it, and honestly..I am not holding out much hope. (I say this because as far as they are concerned they already have fixed this issue as per the post to a fix posted in comments above.)

The crash log in the gameclient folder is as follows: (...live/logs/gameclient/crash.txt)
    130501 14:54:29 35 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()
    130502 01:08:53 38 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()
    130502 12:11:03 123 Client[0 P[400190242@5694393 Loreweaver@ironavenger1]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()
    130502 23:34:15 100 Client[0 P[400190242@5694393 Loreweaver@ironavenger1]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()
    130503 13:50:39 112 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()
    130504 01:17:10 25 Client[0 P[400107911@5694393 Iron Avenger@ironavenger1]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()
    130504 14:27:23 85 Client[0 P[400107911@5694393 Iron Avenger@ironavenger1]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()
    130504 16:20:00 29 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()
    130504 22:23:07 16 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()
    130505 08:10:59 12 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()

no other instances of the game were running in background, so this should have worked being that i know the exact same thing works on the laptop. The difference between the laptop and the desktop (that doesn't work) is the desktop is Win7 and the laptop is Win8. both have all drivers/flash/java fully up to date with the most recent versions available at the time of this post.

so WTF?!! *face palms*
    edited May 2013
    Ironavenger1 try this just copy the Neverwinter.exe file to a different location. Then uninstall the game and try to run the lone Neverwinter.exe file what happens ?
  • mopsismopsis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem -
    maybe someone found way ?
  • mopsismopsis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    try to run the lone Neverwinter.exe file same white screan
    edited May 2013
    That is why I believe the game installs incorrectly for some reason. It has to be that or the exe is broken. I have sent a ticket waiting for them to reply. Hopefully this will get fixed.
    edited May 2013
    dadish wrote: »
    That is why I believe the game installs incorrectly for some reason. It has to be that or the exe is broken. I have sent a ticket waiting for them to reply. Hopefully this will get fixed.

Yes I have tried running the neverwinter.exe from the desktop, from the cryptic directory..it doesn't make a difference.
    It's not the install, or the .exe file because if it were it wouldn't work on my laptop. and I made sure that EVERYTHING was exactly the same. and it is running perfectly on the laptop.

I'm not a programmer..but it seems to me to be something on the server side of things. otherwise wouldn't it work?

Would be nice to see some input from the community leaders/ops or devs.(I know they are busy...but being able to log in is..or should be important.)