test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardians DO get VIP access (Screenshot included)

thepoisonsvodkathepoisonsvodka Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
luC5wGx.png

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?78651-VIP-login-for-Guardian-of-NW-pack&p=1191411&viewfull=1#post1191411

So Mr. Community Manager why dd you guys remove the VIP access off the list of features for guardians AFTER people already bought it and then try to deny it now?

IwuHRwG.png

http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/hero
Post edited by thepoisonsvodka on

Comments

• cett2cett2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5,3-day VIP access, believe thats referring to head-start to the game and nothing about queue VIP access /shrug
  • pavlov8pavlov8 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's just for being able to play few days before the open beta started...
  • dive05dive05 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What are you on about? Guardians got VIP access, a 2 day head start. Now that open beta is here, why would they advertise it?
    Don't like the game? Leave. More fun for me.
  • stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the reason I bought Guardian.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • thepoisonsvodkathepoisonsvodka Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok so the definition of what you get changes? Either way it's misleading business
  • zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    VIP access in this sentence mean early access to the open beta.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • yokaidesuyokaidesu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup. This has nothing to do with the queue.

Frankly, though, Guardians should have queue priority too.
  • kilirmkilirm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Yeah this manager made a confusing statement. It indeed might let some ppl to think that it
    edited May 2013
    VIP access is now being used to describe the head of the queue privileges and now all of a sudden guardians don't gety it?
  • dive05dive05 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    VIP access is now being used to describe the head of the queue privileges and now all of a sudden guardians don't gety it?

What are you talking about. VIP access has passed
  • khessmd1968khessmd1968 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What you linked has nothing to do with preferential log in. That only comes with the $200 package as far as I can tell. It's one of the reasons why I upgraded to the Hero and got a refund on the Guardian.
  • bigredlunchboxbigredlunchbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok so the definition of what you get changes? Either way it's misleading business

Do you have a learning disability?
    edited May 2013

It was always ment as a 2 day head start.
  • elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So Mr. Community Manager why dd you guys remove the VIP access off the list of features for guardians AFTER people already bought it and then try to deny it now?
    come on, you cannot be THAT stupid to not understand what he said :) Guardians were never promised any queue priority. Nobody EVER promised that. I bought it with that knowledge a month ago. You are not English native so you didn't understand contract well before signing or just US guy?
  • robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pavlov8 wrote: »
    That's just for being able to play few days before the open beta started...

Yep, its just confusing wording. Guardians do NOT get ViP access. The main selling point of the HOTN pack was ViP access.
    edited May 2013
    Do you have a learning disability?

No sir do you?

IwuHRwG.png
    edited May 2013
    robman1978 wrote: »
    Yep, its just confusing wording. Guardians do NOT get ViP access. The main selling point of the HOTN pack was ViP access.

When choosing a founders package, VIP access ment getting access to OB early. When I was buying there was no mention of going to the front of the queue. I have no idea what you people are talking about.
    edited May 2013
    Updated the OP so the people who can't read understand that VIP access = head of line for queues based off of their site and their community manager said both packs get VIP access.
  • dreadlius69dreadlius69 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    luC5wGx.png

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?78651-VIP-login-for-Guardian-of-NW-pack&p=1191411&viewfull=1#post1191411

dude you should have attended school more or gone to spec savers where does that say you get priority in open beta ques it says 3 day vip access(play the game 3 day early), sorry to burst your bubble.
    edited May 2013
    Go look at the post again where I updated it with a screenshot of their definition of VIP access and then sir you go back to school.
    edited May 2013
    Updated the OP so the people who can't read understand that VIP access = head of line for queues based off of their site and their community manager said both packs get VIP access.

Which again, was updated after OB. VIP access was advertised after OB3/4 for early access into OB 5 and 3 days. After OB, I can only assume that they updated the hero package because quite frankly when I bought my guardian pack, I don't remember seeing VIP queue jumping in the hero pack.

Your premise is wrong. Argue for why we don't have it not that it was removed.
  • sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I support that guardians get preferential login.

However, the quoted statement reads as follows. It says you got VIP access for the 3 days before open beta. Now that open beta is here, your VIP access has ended.

I'm not saying the statement makes any sense, but nowhere does it implicitly imply that you would have preferential login beyond open beta start.
    edited May 2013
    dive05 wrote: »
    Which again, was updated after OB. VIP access was advertised after OB3/4 for early access into OB 5 and 3 days. After OB, I can only assume that they updated the hero package because quite frankly when I bought my guardian pack, I don't remember seeing VIP queue jumping in the hero pack.

Your premise is wrong. Argue for why we don't have it not that it was removed.

What I am saying is that it DID say VIP access when I bought it. This isn't the only stealth change they have made to the packs.
    edited May 2013
    Go look at the post again where I updated it with a screenshot of their definition of VIP access and then sir you go back to school.

The CM defines what VIP access means in context, in the picture. This is why people think you are being obtuse. In his statement, context is important as after the VIP beta access, the phrase "VIP" changed to mean skip queue. This is why people think you are developmentally challenged. When someone states something, with context and you ignore that context, it is a terrible argument.
    edited May 2013
    What I am saying is that it DID say VIP access when I bought it. This isn't the only stealth change they have made to the packs.

They have updated the founders packages frequently. Each time was in response to something that was happening. CB, OB 1 access, OB 2 access, vip OB access, etc. What about that is confusing. You are changing the definition for VIP with the current version Cryptic is using. It has changed due to context.

*not defending their decision, I just think this is a silly argument.
  • mickeymadmickeymad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its fair. :cool:
    And the riot be the rhyme of the unheard.
  • dreadlius69dreadlius69 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what you going to do after tomorrow when you 3 days vip is up demand more for down time i bet cry me a river sigh
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's all about context. In the post made by that CM he was referring to VIP as allowing players to enter and play the game before the "official" April 30th release date. In the website, the VIP refers to bypassing a queue if one is ever in place.

Was that a bit tricky for those that weren't paying attention? Absolutely, it was. But don't blame the CM that made that VIP comment, or PWE for that matter, because some people weren't paying attention and are unable to understand the whole context around the word VIP.

Misleading, yes, but they never lied.
  • johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    VIP access was only headstart, you got what you paid for.
    edited May 2013
    The CM defines what VIP access means in context, in the picture. This is why people think you are being obtuse. In his statement, context is important as after the VIP beta access, the phrase "VIP" changed to mean skip queue. This is why people think you are developmentally challenged. When someone states something, with context and you ignore that context, it is a terrible argument.
    They have updated the founders packages frequently. Each time was in response to something that was happening. CB, OB 1 access, OB 2 access, vip OB access, etc. What about that is confusing. You are changing the definition for VIP with the current version Cryptic is using. It has changed due to context.

*not defending their decision, I just think this is a silly argument.

I understand that they have changed wording and I understand the context that was used in the first quote. It is not the first time they have changed the packs and by changing them after they have been purchased is alter a business contract and is wrong. While I don't have a screenshot I could have swore that the hero and guardian packs were both given vip queuing however through multiple iterations the guardian one somehow got lost (or intentionally removed).