test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Titles

krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Anyone got any titles from the foundry yet?

I got three titles so far and my highest is foundry graduate. Once I get one more achievement, I will get the foundry stalwart title.
Post edited by krubar on

Comments

• chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes and congrats!
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm up to graduate. I haven't looked ahead to see what the higher titles are. Anyone know?
  • volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got foundry jurneyman yesterday (it is after stalwart i think, but i am not sure)
    next one is real hard (5 published quests, 1 mln AD tips and so on...)

Mostly becouse of 12k plays of Blood and Sand.

And still no silverback bear. On alpha i got it much earlier... :/
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got enough Foundry Author achievements for Foundry Artifex now, but I still need 5 more Foundry Community achievements. If you don't play other players' content, the furthest you'll get is Foundry Journeyman, from what I can tell.
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ya you guys got some awesome play counts though on your quests. I think I have like 4000 total for all my quests.

So the foundry community achievements count towards foundry authoring achievements? If they do, then I need to play other peoples stuff too.
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So that's:

1. Foundry Neophyte
    2. Foundry Apprentice
    3. Foundry Graduate
    4. Foundry Stalwart
    5. Foundry Journeyman
    6. Foundry Artifex
    edited May 2013
    krubar wrote: »
    Ya you guys got some awesome play counts though on your quests. I think I have like 4000 total for all my quests.

So the foundry community achievements count towards foundry authoring achievements? If they do, then I need to play other peoples stuff too.

You need to play, tip and rate. You get bonuses for doing mine though ;-)
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    So that's:

1. Foundry Neophyte
    2. Foundry Apprentice
    3. Foundry Graduate
    4. Foundry Stalwart
    5. Foundry Journeyman
    6. Foundry Artifex

I think apprentice is first.
    edited May 2013
    krubar wrote: »

Yup! If I recall correctly, you need 10 Foundry Community achievements to reach Artifex.
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cool info, I been doing atleast one/two foundry missions a day. On the community I might get messed up today since i work right after the servers suppose to come back up. I think I'm on do 14 foundry missions in a row, but you have to do them once a daily.. Something like that.
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The once a day is rough for me since I travel a lot for work. Oh well. I gotta release a 3rd quest to get the next batch of achievements.
  • volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes, need to release more. But man, i want to play game now. Foundry can wait! :)
    Especcialy becouse in live it is so choppy at least for me. Need to wait for some fixes.

This system promotes quanity over quality tbh. And this is bad design, i played many ugc's and honestly many of these quests are 3-hours-work. Sad.
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

• drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I recently unlocked graduate with chapter 1 getting enough good reviews hehe.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what kills me, and Tilt, Gilrmn, and many other moonstars are the 1 star troll comments that are niether constructive nor helpful. having a 1 star and some one saying F U is really an insult to a lot of authors who spent huge amounts of time creating thier quests.

some of my favorite 1 star comments:

too much trash loot
    end reward sucked
    you have no vendors!
    your boss encounters are too easy waves do not = a boss
    (and no one ever reads the overview) sigh...
    guess it is what it is.

*edit* sorry didn't get to finish my post had to leave, but what I was going to say is I'm glad the titles stay once earned would be nice to have a sweet DM robe or even a mount for the Foundry Master title.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • zeruinzeruin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Speaking of Titles, is there a title for doing the most damage in dungeons or skirmishes? Likewise for healing? I got an achievement or something that popped up on my screen the other day saying I did the most damage, killed the most monsters, and etc at the end of the Throne of Idris dungeon.

I figure I've done about 10-15 dungeons or skirmishes and have always topped the leaderboard for Damage and Monsters slain.
  • drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    apocrs1980 wrote: »
    what kills me, and Tilt, Gilrmn, and many other moonstars are the 1 star troll comments that are niether constructive nor helpful. having a 1 star and some one saying F U is really an insult to a lot of authors who spent huge amounts of time creating thier quests.

some of my favorite 1 star comments:

too much trash loot
    end reward sucked
    you have no vendors!
    your boss encounters are too easy waves do not = a boss
    (and no one ever reads the overview) sigh...
    guess it is what it is.

Haha yeah, I had one guy that rated my quest at 2 star and said: Knock down is too hard

I am assuming he meant the zombie hulks that have the knock down attack. Also that he thinks we have control over the abilities the mobs have (outside of changing the skins of the encounters)

I think that most people that play our quests wont ever step foot into the foundry and understand A. The difficulty of making the content (gets easier with experience) and B. the limitations set upon us.

I would love to have some generic vendors in my content.

I dont think we should ever be able to control the loot. That's just asking for exploitation, maybe if the quest gets featured cryptic can add special loot to it for us that they see fits the content.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just received graduate on the last day before open beta. I haven't nearly as many plays as some of you. Altogether, probably like a hundred.. (im guessing). So i consider them sleeper quests. lol.. eventually they will see the light of day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
    edited May 2013
    apocrs1980 wrote: »
    what kills me, and Tilt, Gilrmn, and many other moonstars are the 1 star troll comments that are niether constructive nor helpful.

This.

Man... you got a point.
    I have many, many comments and sometimes i just wanna kick someones butt after reading bu ll sh iet.
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

edited May 2013
    Hooray, I just got Foundry Artifex! Am I the first player in Neverwinter to do so? In that case, that would be my greatest achievement in an MMO ever. :)

Here's the list of titles that I'm aware of so far, and what I know about how to get them. I'm sorry I don't know the prerequisites for the lower ranks. They are no longer shown in my quest journal. Prerequisites I know are listed below the rank.

Rank 1 - Foundry Neophyte

Rank 2 - Foundry Apprentice

Rank 3 - Foundry Graduate

Rank 4 - Foundry Stalwart

Rank 5 - Foundry Journeyman

Rank 6 - Foundry Artifex
    Authoring : 17
    Community: 10
    Reward: Book Imp companion & Foundry Artifex Cloak

Rank 7 - Foundry Master
    Authoring: 20
    Community: 12

The Book Imp is a purple companion that goes all the way up to rank 30, and it seems focused on backstabbing and teleporting from what I can tell. The Foundry Artifex cloak has an image of a D20 (I believe) on its back, and is a nicer color than the earlier cloaks. Is the Book Imp available anywhere else in the game, or is it unique to Foundry authors?

Getting Foundry Community achievements is really time-consuming btw, mostly because there are so few of them and they require so many reviewed quests. I'm up to 35 reviews in total now, I believe. By the time I got Foundry Artifex, I already had the 20 Authoring achievements I needed for Master. It's going to take me a while to get the two community achievements I need though.
    edited May 2013
    .....neat!
    edited May 2013
    That's awesome Tilt, thank you. I am one more acheesement from Rank 5 foundry author =)
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    edited May 2013
    drakedge2 wrote: »
    That's awesome Tilt, thank you. I am one more acheesement from Rank 5 foundry author =)

What are the requirements for that? I'd like to update my post to include as much information as possible.
    edited May 2013
    BTW - someone wroted previously that there are more community achievements in "to review" foundry tab quests.
    Is it true?
    I have needed foundry achievements, but community achievements is a problem. :/
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

edited May 2013
    Yes, there is a separate series of Community achievements for reviewing quests in the For Review tab. You get one achievement for your first such review, then one at 25, then at 100. This is in addition to the regular review achievement, so if you only review quests in the For Review tab, you will get double the amount of achievements for the same effort.
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    Yes, there is a separate series of Community achievements for reviewing quests in the For Review tab. You get one achievement for your first such review, then one at 25, then at 100. This is in addition to the regular review achievement, so if you only review quests in the For Review tab, you will get double the amount of achievements for the same effort.

great, thx :)
    Sadly i tried like 5 quests from this tab today and i couldnt finish even one.
    They are bad, and i mean BAD. Total mess.
    Maybe i just have no luck :/
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    What are the requirements for that? I'd like to update my post to include as much information as possible.

When I am back in game, I will amend this post with the requirements I see
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    edited May 2013
    BTW: for master reward probably will be Silverback Bear (like in alpha).
    But now, when bears can be bought in ZEN store, they are nothing unique.
    Just guessing here...
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

edited May 2013
    volcxxx wrote: »
    great, thx :)
    Sadly i tried like 5 quests from this tab today and i couldnt finish even one.
    They are bad, and i mean BAD. Total mess.
    Maybe i just have no luck :/

Trust me, I've run into quite a bit of horrible quests there myself. I guess that's why we get an achievement for it. ;) There are mostly only two things that will stop me from finishing a quest though, even if it's a poor quest. One of those things is pointless stacking of encounters. I don't have the patience nor willingness to spend a fortune on potions just because the author couldn't balance his map. The second thing is quests that are impossible to complete. I've run into a surprising amount of these. I just can't understand why anyone would publish a map without playing through it themselves first.
  • brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    So that's:

1. Foundry Neophyte
    2. Foundry Apprentice
    3. Foundry Graduate
    4. Foundry Stalwart
    5. Foundry Journeyman
    6. Foundry Artifex

Sadly, these only mean something if someone (meaning other regular players specifically) understands the rank structure.

Example:
    Foundry N o o b (filter bypass)
    Foundry God

Now, 90% of the player base should at least understand that structure. Just using the names to make a point, not an actual suggestion.
    edited May 2013
    Funny thing is that i MUST tip for this shiet 500 AD for every finished <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, just to get achievement lol :D
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!