test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

7k Queue= 2Hour Wait To Play?

Comments

• irked01irked01 Banned Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    astazia wrote: »
    Actually most people start work between 6 and 9 am, and currently it's 6am PST and 9am EST, so saying this is start of the work day in the US is pretty accurate.

Except that you said 9am pst which was in reference to their maintenance time of 7am PST which at this time the majority of the US is already at work and not starting work like you implied.
  • tsalimonektsalimonek Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But tbh i`ve been in many MMO`s and none of them had queue for god sake.Besides PWE should know how many people was interested in game when they perform Closed Beta so they should be prepared more than this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> right now .....
    edited May 2013
    grouchy0 wrote: »
    No gotta admit been in Q over 1 and half now, and I hope this isn't gonna be the way when it's launched
    Can except it for a BETA , kinda........... but this would cost many players and lots of $$
    and I'm sure has already cost them some players at this point

however when u do gte on this has turned out to be a great game, if your not just going to race to top level, there is a ton of content, and Have really enjoyed it.............up til the open BETA and the Q times :-(

Not going to deny it is a great game and with so much more to come it will only get better. YET you are correct in the fact that no matter HOW much someone likes something if they feel they are getting shafted or it only works x amount of the time they will in fact LEAVE and take their money somewhere else and that is never a good thing for them or the rest who stay.

Hopefully they will get it fixed with this update but somehow I doubt it. Unless they open up more servers there will constantly be 1-2 hour ques and that will kill the game as people leave in droves never to return.
  • time2kill1time2kill1 Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2013
    Could the long waits have to do with maintenance they are doing? Which is today from 7-11 PST
  • cordrin1cordrin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grouchy0 wrote: »
    No gotta admit been in Q over 1 and half now, and I hope this isn't gonna be the way when it's launched
    Can except it for a BETA , kinda........... but this would cost many players and lots of $$
    and I'm sure has already cost them some players at this point

however when u do gte on this has turned out to be a great game, if your not just going to race to top level, there is a ton of content, and Have really enjoyed it.............up til the open BETA and the Q times :-(

Game is "launched".
  • quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am 158673 in que and this guy is in front of me :/

fatassm.jpg
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • summerayne38summerayne38 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    astazia wrote: »
    It's not minimal population time, it's EU prime time right now.

I logged into each of my 5 characters this morning, timed it each time. Every 2000 people in the queue was about 15 minutes. Started at only 2000 for my first character, got in in ~15 minutes, eventually went up to 6000 for my 5th character and that took 42 minutes.

I wasn't trying to say you were lying about the time it took you and some others you know personally. I was just saying what my experience has been and I personally haven't been so fortunate to get in within 45 minutes with a 7k plus queue. I have been timing mine right now. Logged in at around 6:25am my time and the queue was at around 7800. It is now 7am my time and the queue is still only at 6326. So there is 35 minutes and the number has barely went down by 1k. So yeah, there is going to be much longer than 45 minutes for me personally to get into the game and it sounds as if many others are having to wait hours as well. Lucky you though. Throw some of your good luck our way! :p

On a side note, while these queues are frustrating, it is to be expected in my opinion. I have been around for the launch of many games over the years and have went through this same exact scenario on many occasions. Anyone remember Aion's launch where some people were literally in queue for 7 plus hours? It was bad. That is just one example of many. Yes, some companies do it better and either drastically reduce the queue time or somehow find a way to not have one at all.

But what I have saw really hurt games in the past is opening a ton of servers for launch and then as the playerbase gradually dies down, they have to merge servers and that just looks bad when a game has to start doing that in my opinion. I personally would prefer a week of annoying queues as opposed to having way too many at launch just to satisfy everyone's instant gratification.

And to all the people threatening and complaining that these queues is going to hurt the game. Nah, it won't. As I said, I have been there at the launch for many mmo's and the queue times. You have the people threatening, whining, angry, raging for a week or so. The queues get fixed and a day or two later it's all forgotten and the game is going strong like it never took place. Heck, go to Illidan server on WoW and you still have queue times almost 9 years after launch.

While there may be some who rage quit, I don't see it being enough to actually hurt the game. And as for the conspiracy theorists that this is their underhanded tactic to make more money, I really am not buying that only because I have saw this same scenario happen in many games at launch.

As for the games itself. I for one am very impressed and loving it so far. Control wizard is great! Cya all after maintenance! ;)
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    irked01 wrote: »
    Yet you should NOT have to buy anything to jump ques as there should not be ques this big.
    Because additional servers are free as is bandwidth capacity and network infrastructure!

The only way there wouldn't be queues for a MMO at launch (they may call it open beta, but it really is launch) is if the devs completely overestimated how much interest there would be in their game. Did any of you who are complaining actually try another MMO at launch? Does Error 37 ring any bells?
    edited May 2013
    time2kill1 wrote: »
    Could the long waits have to do with maintenance they are doing? Which is today from 7-11 PST

No I dont see how seeing these ques have been going on since around 2pm PST yesterday. It tool me 1.5 hours to log in at 4pm pst last night. That is unacceptable in my book and hopefully they fix that today.
  • time2kill1time2kill1 Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2013
    No I dont see how seeing these ques have been going on since around 2pm PST yesterday. It tool me 1.5 hours to log in at 4pm pst last night. That is unacceptable in my book and hopefully they fix that today.

Hopefully they do fix it. I can't wait to play this game.
  • stryker67stryker67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?168541-Patch-Notes-NW-1-20130416a-13

Read the patch notes people...things should be better in a few hours or so..
    edited May 2013
    Because additional servers are free as is bandwidth capacity and network infrastructure!

The only way there wouldn't be queues for a MMO at launch (they may call it open beta, but it really is launch) is if the devs completely overestimated how much interest there would be in their game. Did any of you who are complaining actually try another MMO at launch? Does Error 37 ring any bells?

Yes and not a SINGLE one of the MMO's ever had 1-2 hour wait times at 6am in the morning. Hell I have never in my 14 years of playing MMO's have ever waited longer than 30-35 minutes in a que regardless of the time. I am just saying..
    edited May 2013
    stryker67 wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?168541-Patch-Notes-NW-1-20130416a-13

Yet all it says is many more players and unless that is oh around 6k more the que times will still be very high. BUT here is to hoping for the best. As so far they have done a superb job in getting everything fixed so far in a timely fashion.
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    forum deleted half my post. So screw you, Im outta here....
  • spiritseekermachspiritseekermach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been trying to log in for the past day and a half, since the game went into open beta, and when ever I do I get put into a 14k queue, which in my opinion is even that bad, I wouldn't mind waiting to get my turn etc, but it doesnt ever go down; sometimes it jumps up to 160k + and then will go back down to around 14k, and every now and then it actually goes down a tiny bit, but always jumps back up. I have let it sit there for approx 6+ hours and it just does it endlessly.... what can I do to fix this?
  • grouchy0grouchy0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes and not a SINGLE one of the MMO's ever had 1-2 hour wait times at 6am in the morning. Hell I have never in my 14 years of playing MMO's have ever waited longer than 30-35 minutes in a que regardless of the time. I am just saying..

Ya have to agree early mornings were normally the best times evening EST when Q started.................. now 2 hours in Q
  • xschmidtxxschmidtx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    **** 15k queue, and maint. soon so i guess i will try later just a shame it is 3pm here where i am prime time.

never seen such a big line before, even the early wow days i remember it took maybe 30-40 mins top, here i have been in queue 2 hours+
  • makerofthings65makerofthings65 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I suppose people believe this is how it will always be? The game just went into Open Beta not launch. The Devs have been quick to respond to issues and will do everything thing they can to get this "Free to play" game running.
  • prymevilprymevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stryker67 wrote: »

I see nothing mentioned of addressing the queue length/wait times, the only thing I see addressed is the sporadic jump in queue numbers displayed as players wait in queue.
  • olafr20041974olafr20041974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I Don't think that there will be a new one, as only the paying players are important i think. The free players are pushed back to the end of th queue, as we don't pay so we can wait.
  • treikutreiku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The second larger number is not your place in queue. The queue is about roughly 7k-12k. The number jumps to some insane number periodically for whatever reason. Every 3-4k is 30 minutes. People leave the queue faster than they log in, so your number can go from 1000 to 50 instantly, or you can go from 1000 to 50 in 10 minutes. Just be patient and alt-tab.
    2na420w.jpg
  • lordkrvoloklordkrvolok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1500-th in queue lolz
  • olafr20041974olafr20041974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    12177 since around 1 hour.
  • elitexenoelitexeno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waited over 2hours now its time for the maintenance. Hopefully they can add a new server/fixes today. Then everyone can enjoy this game.
  • cordrin1cordrin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You must not have played Swtor the first several days. Lol
  • daimyo7274daimyo7274 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly people (points to the criers), you are crying about having to wait for something that is free, not an official launch, just an open beta. You didn't pay a **** thing. "I have to wait in a que line!?!?!?!" Did you think that only you and a handful of others were going to be playing? Does your mom still help you get dressed in the morning and remind you to brush your teeth?

If your that dead set on playing something, then go outside with your chalk and get down with some hop-scotch.

Open Beta is still considered beta testing, but almost all of the bugs / problems with the game have already been worked out. Developers usually focus on enhancing the game by adding new features during open beta rather than fixing bugs, but users are still encourage to submit any bugs they discover during Open Beta

So yes, they will be focusing on adding features and enhancements, AND accepting and trying to fix bugs at the same time. I'm sure they are trying to figure out the issue with the bouncing que numbers. (If you've actually read this whole thread, and then read the patch notes, you know that they are addressing the issue.

Your leaving and never coming back? Maybe that is best, this way others don't have to listen to you in-game crying about "I waited for 4 hours to get logged in, I'm finally in and now I don't have a sword!!! How am I supposed to play without my knife??!?!?!" MOM!!!

I got in after 2 hours, just set my game to windowed, and watched to see when I was ingame, surfed the web, and watched tv in the mean time.
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Its perfectly fine.

As long as PWE knows that I will not be spending any CASH on a game I cannot play when I want too.

Was really getting in to this game, except the fact I have to Que for 2hours before I can even play.

Ill just find a game with a sub to play fine by me, unless they figure this out..

and to think I was going to spend some cash in-game today too.. No point, as cash I spend I still will have to wait in a dumbass que so thanks but no thanks.
  • justawitnessjustawitness Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in queue for about 20mins and it was 7k long. It's not that bad, calm down.
    It's better to have an over-population problem than an empty server for mmos

Face piles of trials with smiles.
  • skugganskuggan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    Its perfectly fine.

As long as PWE knows that I will not be spending any CASH on a game I cannot play when I want too.

Was really getting in to this game, except the fact I have to Que for 2hours before I can even play.

Ill just find a game with a sub to play fine by me, unless they figure this out..

and to think I was going to spend some cash in-game today too.. No point, as cash I spend I still will have to wait in a dumbass que so thanks but no thanks.

I take it this is your first popular MMO?
  • lilazntomiiililazntomiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol i had 14-15k queue only took 30mins aint that bad, if u dont have paitents go else where -.-''