test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is there a 20k Que to play the game ?

2»

Comments

• kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, when people are in queue on the second day, it is quite the good start, OP. I don't think you know what you are talking about.
  • jaraxaljaraxal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in queue last night for about an hour. Through the waiting process, the queue would jump up and down. It would periodically show a very large number (typically 50K+), but the next update always went back to what appeared to be the accurate number which was always lower than the last time. So my experience looked like this:

7189 -> 54145 -> 6503 -> 53228 -> 6200 -> 58357 -> 5934

I was able to get in and play and didn't have any issues once I was in. I didn't notice any of the performance problems like rubber-banding, etc. We'll see what it looks like this evening.
  • zaboocakeszaboocakes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • kizascekizasce Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont mean to trash talk and all,i know game is new,many players rush in hence the queue and problems,nothing new there,its alwyays like that with popular mmos,but just wanted to say i was 2k queue and now 222,438 xD just showing thta number :P
  • duckoquackduckoquack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does nobody here know that the queue number isn't accurate? When it rockets up to ridiculous numbers, it isn't correct.
  • olafr20041974olafr20041974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i have been in queue for 4 hours and was still around 12100 after 4 hours. Queue to the beginning 12577, shortly before 4pm = 12100.
  • suckatash1suckatash1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24
    edited May 2013
    cosminx13 wrote: »
    20k is nice i got over 198k :)

Man, you got me. I only hit 172,315....haha
  • kizascekizasce Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    222k if u didnt read my post xD
  • selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    222527.. :p
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Maintenance is currently scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 1, Pacific Time.

Stability
    • Several major network issues have been found and addressed. We should now be able to support many more players with significantly less lag.

Login
    • The Queue position indicator now has more information, as well as buttons that link to Neverwinter Gateway and the Neverwinter Wiki.
    • Fixed an issue where players displayed queue position would incorrectly jump to a higher number than the players actual place in line.

they are aware of and fixing it as we speak
    21.jpg
  • rabbiddograbbiddog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Posted just a few minutes ago in dev tracker:
    Update: Network tasks are in progress. We are performing the initial network fixing while the servers are still online, though they should be coming down shortly.
  • baquitania12baquitania12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Started in the upper 7,000s, then I minimized the window and jumped to 178K. Then I logged out and back in got to 6,800. That has dropped to 6,100 while writing this, and just now spiked back to 171K, and now 5,900. Will keep on posting numbers till it kicks me in 15 minutes.

5797, 5697, back to 172,711, 5454, 5334, 5238, 5132, 5014, back to 172,711 must be a lucky number, 4329, back to 172,711, AND KICKED!

And now the Server is officially unavailable. Nice.
  • multisensorysmultisensorys Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they are aware of and fixing it as we speak

This doesn't fix the hour long queues at all. All it does is fix the buggy queue display.
  • zaboocakeszaboocakes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Started in the upper 7,000s, then I minimized the window and jumped to 178K. Then I logged out and back in got to 6,800. That has dropped to 6,100 while writing this, and just now spiked back to 171K, and now 5,900. Will keep on posting numbers till it kicks me in 15 minutes.

5797, 5697, back to 172,711, 5454, 5334, 5238, 5132, 5014, back to 172,711 must be a lucky number, 4329, back to 172,711, AND KICKED!

Dude that ****ing sucks lol
    edited May 2013

Did you miss all the announcements where they said they would be bringing the servers down for maintenance? They announced it last night. Dev tracker is chock fulla good info.
    edited May 2013
    This doesn't fix the hour long queues at all. All it does is fix the buggy queue display.

Actually is does:
    Quoted from an admin on this site - The thread is locked because we don't need 50,000 threads about the same issue which is already well known.

Every game has a queue. Sometimes you see it and sometimes you don't. Queue's are normally able to handle dozens-hundreds of logins per second so most times you won't even know they exist.

However in the case of Neverwinter's Launch the queue's themselves had an error. The shards weren't at maximum capacity.
    This should be improved with the patch coming out an hour from now.
  • laere89laere89 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to know how my que went from 15k down to 7k, then back up to 18k.

Oh, wait - I know! Cryptic is trying to "entice" me to buy a Founder Pack!

The tinfoil is strong with this one. It's a big conspiracy to moneygrab!!!
  • makaifymakaify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bet they are going to add a "buy the $200 founder pack now to pass the queue" to the queue window. In addition, they will probably add this text: Time left: until you buy the $200 founder pack.
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Definitely something we want to improve! We will be making improvements throughout open beta to maximize server performance and minimize wait times. Glad to have your support while we work out these issues!
  • saddakarsaddakar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope you all realize this game is f2p and that why there long queue lines.
  • ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Definitely something we want to improve! We will be making improvements throughout open beta to maximize server performance and minimize wait times. Glad to have your support while we work out these issues!

No worries, I'm sure you'll get it sorted soon.

Will there be a way for players who were recently disconnected from the server to skip the queue? A five minute grace period would be awesome.
  • vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having queues is a good thing when a game launches since it means people are playing and your game isn't dead. Remember it takes time for a company to deal with reducing queues. Lets hope you are not back here crying about the game being dead in a couple months.

I will take queues over a dead game any day