test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disgusted. Alientated.

mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
20k queue? Ridiculous. And there is no way they will add new servers. They are basically pressuring people to buy their $200 HOtN pack. The MMO industry has officially sunk to a new low. I have never seen a company intentionally create queues in order to sell a service that will simply allow you to play the game.
Post edited by mmoplaya1971 on

Comments

• askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    20k queue? Ridiculous. And there is no way they will add new servers. They are basically pressuring people to buy their $200 HOtN pack. The MMO industry has officially sunk to a new low. I have never seen a company intentionally create queues in order to sell a service that will simply allow you to play the game.

Rock on... another tired dead horse thread like this.

INB4LOCK.
  • gama205gama205 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bonus zen for posts in b4 lock?
  • azrael4271azrael4271 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look at the already beaten horse, lets beat it some more. Maybe the bloody pulp of what it used to be might make a resemblance if we keep beating it. Give it up.
  • makerofthings65makerofthings65 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is open Beta, not launch. Expect bumps along the way.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regardless of the flawed reasoning of OP, it's not a lie that these queue times are far too long and it should be fixed asap. The servers seem to be too small for the huge amount of player influx its recieving. Probably this will be fixed shortly but by no means it's a "minor" issue. I'm a Guardian and I last morning I had to wait two whole hours to log into my character.

It's insane.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You got an update hitting in less then an hour. It says at the top of General Discussion (READ THIS if your in queue). States the update could be fixing queue issues. Yes they could have gone with a 4th server but honestly the devs are probably as shocked as you are about the sheer amount of players pouring into this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

OB is just PWE's excuse to make money with no responsibility to fix anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azrael4271 wrote: »
    Look at the already beaten horse, lets beat it some more. Maybe the bloody pulp of what it used to be might make a resemblance if we keep beating it. Give it up.

I wonder how much bloody pulp it will take before something is done? And I wont give it up. People that "give it up" are the problem. You would let Cryptic (and im guessing most ppl or companies) ram it up your backside while you smile and remain silent LOL. Thats you, not me.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Funtimes... MMO launches and betas they never cease to make me giggle and smile.
  • kastakasta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a released game. Open Beta is Perfect World speak for 'We need this to make money now so release it and fix it along the way'. All their games are released this way.
  • sadashasadasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Immediate gratification much?
  • breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Whoa! Don't get your mips in an uproar!!! It's still Beta.
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
  • olafr20041974olafr20041974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 hours waiting and still at Queue 114998 O.o At this rate i will be PERHAPS ingame around 8pm.
  • ironavenger1ironavenger1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree that it's insane. Also, to those that said 'it's beta'..it's open beta and yes, it's meant to stress test, but really? This stage of beta is typically where you get a feel for what the game will be like. it's set for release in about a month..how much of a change do you really think will happen before then?! Certainly not adding extra servers last minute.

It's more believable that they will leave it as is and sell you on the up-sell of a founders pack or something similar :(
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are basically pressuring people to buy their $200 HOtN pack.

<sarcasm>Yes, clearly. They're generating tons of bad press, and bad feelings among a large number of their potential players, in the hope that a few of them will spend $200.</sarcasm>

No.
    It's more believable that they will leave it as is and sell you on the up-sell of a founders pack or something similar

If you really find that "more believable" (and have missed the announcements that there's plenty of space on servers, the queues are a bug, and the maintenance is an attempt to fix it), then I've got a bridge to sell you. It leads to some nice waterfront property in the Florida swamps.
  • breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sadasha wrote: »
    Immediate gratification much?

I have a theory - the younger generations (I'm an old fogey) grew up with constant stimulation from hand held gaming devices, telephones, computers, tablets... and therein you can, for the most part, receive instant gratification.

I remember writing letters, licking an envelope and putting it in the mail and waiting WEEKS for the next gaming move. No kidding. We played by snailmail.

In the early days of MMO you queued up, and went to eat/take a shower/clean the house etc. Cause it took time.

So I think you hit the nail on the head Sadasha. Everyone expects everything instantly and has no capacity to be patient any more.
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
  • nevzatxxnevzatxx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed.

Worst Pay to win model i've seen in my life.

What a disgusting way to create a game, greedy developers who won't be remembered for anything notable.

Try making a game for enjoyment than money.

I'm out
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love this game and by no means I support the average QQ thread. But this has been happening since yesterday and I think that it's good if we pile up our complaints so that the devs take this as a priority.

I'm sure that they'll come up with a solution soon. :)
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013

you sir, have one of the most epic names I have seen yet. lol
  • scan69scan69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Call it what you want this is a launch and a bad one at that, all those investing up to
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    You got an update hitting in less then an hour. It says at the top of General Discussion (READ THIS if your in queue). States the update could be fixing queue issues. Yes they could have gone with a 4th server but honestly the devs are probably as shocked as you are about the sheer amount of players pouring into this game.

Though it's annoying for now, when one looks at it from a long-term point of view, the current queue issues are a positive sign regarding player interest for the game, suggesting it may capture an even larger audience than they had anticipated. The consolation prize for players that can't get in easily at the moment is the game may be quite successful, leading to more overall game play over time once game access and player population fall more into line.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder how much bloody pulp it will take before something is done? And I wont give it up.

Well, instead of "giving up", you could look at the stickies at the top of the forum, and see that there's maintenance to address this exact issue in about 20 minutes. Fast enough for you?
    edited May 2013

I guess you did not read the patch notes. Do you honestly believe that this company will not fix anything so they can make money or are you just blowing off some steam? The later is understandable, the first is just wrong. Also writing about things you know not to be true is trolling for a response.
    edited May 2013
    scan69 wrote: »
    Call it what you want this is a launch and a bad one at that, all those investing up to

Can you please provide the evidence to support your claim. This IS a Open Beta.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess you did not read the patch notes. Do you honestly believe that this company will not fix anything so they can make money or are you just blowing off some steam? The later is understandable, the first is just wrong. Also writing about things you know not to be true is trolling for a response.

Actually, I know exactly what PWE are like. They screwed over BLR last year, and that's a wasteland of a game now. PWE will fix things. Eventually. Like, months down the line. We'll have these shards for... Maybe a month? Then we'll get 3 more on the other side of the US, then maybe Europe and Oceania, though I doubt it. PWE only seem to care about US players. Ever done a survey for zen? No? PWE owe me over 35k Zen for my surveys in BLR which are "bugged" because I'm not in the US.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    <sarcasm>
    If you really find that "more believable" (and have missed the announcements that there's plenty of space on servers, the queues are a bug, and the maintenance is an attempt to fix it), then I've got a bridge to sell you. It leads to some nice waterfront property in the Florida swamps.

If you read they are expanding the number of players servers can hold and are fixing a queue bug both should make the game have less queueing after the Down time.
    edited May 2013
    I have never done a survey for zen or cash. If it is true that they owe you 35k in zen and have not paid, that is a shame. I have been lucky enough not to have any major issues with this company. I am a lifer with CO and STO and supported this game though the Hero pack. I know not everyone will be satisfied however I believe this game will be successful in the long term. Of course this is an opinion based on my experience so far.
  • meurtodiablomeurtodiablo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regardless of the issues stated. "Open Beta" where you are making a profit, is NOT "Open Beta". It is exactly, what others have stated. A way for the devs, and the publishing company, to say, "Well its a mistake, and an issue, but its OPEN beta, we're not expected to do things too quickly". A bonus to this is to them is, you have a bunch of fanboys, on their forums repeating the same mantra. Another bonus in their favor is, YOU CANT REVIEW A GAME IN "OPEN BETA".

This would not hold true, if they weren't allowing you to purchase Zen, or use your packs. Or in the case they were honest and basically said, We are out of money, and we need to launch now to get capital into the game to continue. At least those who were willing to plop 200$ or 60$ would know before hand.

Three shards is unacceptable. Why? All these free players started last night, are they going to change to a new server and start over? Nope. Will they take the risk that server will be a barren wasteland by the end of the month? Nope. I've seen too many MMO/Multiplayer game launches, and they all make the same mistakes.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    getting a bit annoyed here as well...if the reason is seriously the q-System but the capacity would be fine - that would be stupid as hell...if ist lack of capacity that would be dum as hell either since pwe specifcially stated they could handle very large qnatities through their System and deliberatly used 3 shards to be on the safe side. i have no issue if i can Login and Play WITHOUT que tomorrow...but if i have to expect a 1 hour que everytime i want to Play in the future...sorry but then im outa here
  • vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are basically pressuring people to buy their $200 HOtN pack. The MMO industry has officially sunk to a new low. I have never seen a company intentionally create queues in order to sell a service that will simply allow you to play the game.

Yes, because people who were unwilling to buy the HotN Pack in order to get BW access and headstart will now suddenly be willing to lay out $200 to jump ahead in the queue. If you are going to accuse them of shady business practices at least try to come up with something that makes any sense at all.

Occam's Razor in this context means there is no reason to come up with an elaborate conspiracy theory when a simpler explanation exists.

Somebody didn't plan adequately for the opening rush because PWE was pressuring them to release sooner rather than later. At the least this is a more likely explanation.

All die, so die well.