Options

more popular than forecasted?

2»

Comments

• Options
    draggonwolfsdraggonwolfs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kotli wrote: »
    They already said that they are going to go to a single mega server in the end once they got everything worked out.

That is good thing but until than they can do different phases.
  • Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Rubberbanding is as much PCU related as it is server. If you have your processor OC'd, you can rubberband. I have none of that last night, and Im on a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 6 year old rig dude.

Pretty sure it is not CPU related in my case... Alienware MX14 with Dual 2.2 GB i7-2720 QM processors, 6GB Ram and a NVIDIA GForce GT 555M Video Card.

I travel, so a Laptp was a necessity. But pretty sure if a 6 year old desktop can play this, my <2 year old laptop with this hardware, should be screaming.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you do have to realise that you cannot compare laptop specs with desktop specs. Also, with those setting you might want to play it on low-medium depending each setting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fongador wrote: »
    They do but when you have over ten thousand people waiting in line to play your game there is a problem. As I said in another post, I'm not keen on companies going stir crazy adding servers but no matter how you want to cut it that is simply ridiculous.
    The issue isn't the shards. The Shards aren't anywhere near full.

The issue is the Login System which is getting some hefty tweaks in the next patch.
    The queue time is from the queue system itself.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?171001-Will-there-be-more-shards
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fongador wrote: »
    Good to know. Wasn't aware of this. Thanks

Your welcome. I posted this another thread and expressed my views and got flamed. People just love to complain withouth listening to any reason or even hard proof.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure it is not CPU related in my case... Alienware MX14 with Dual 2.2 GB i7-2720 QM processors, 6GB Ram and a NVIDIA GForce GT 555M Video Card.

I travel, so a Laptp was a necessity. But pretty sure if a 6 year old desktop can play this, my <2 year old laptop with this hardware, should be screaming.

Rubber-banding has absolutely nothing to do with your PC.. its the game client re-syncing with the game server.... absolutely nothing to do with your PC, its cpu, your graphics card, or what have you.
  • Options
    biscuitlimbbiscuitlimb Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone realize how much it costs to purchase and maintain a server of a decent enough caliber to host many players at once? No point in buying loads to find that the amount of people playing didn't justify the expenditure. Much better practice to let everyone log on and gauge everything first then implement the correct fixes and network infrastructure to cope.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rubber-banding has absolutely nothing to do with your PC.. its the game client re-syncing with the game server.... absolutely nothing to do with your PC, its cpu, your graphics card, or what have you.

True... The resyncing is most often due to poor network connectivity, or the server not being able to handle the number of users.

Again, in my particular case, I suspect it is due to a combination of cross Pacific Ocean travel distances, and the servers being slammed with tens of thousands more players than anticipated.
    Psyb3rTr011
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you do have to realise that you cannot compare laptop specs with desktop specs. Also, with those setting you might want to play it on low-medium depending each setting.

Those settings? No mention of settings, just hardware.

Oh, and BTW, Alienware prides themselves in building Laptops that are comperable or even better than most desktops on the market at the time, even some that are "Built for Gaming"
    Psyb3rTr011
  • Options
    bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the worst launch day of Cryptic's 4 games. That is a bit misleading as CoH set the early standard for great launches, and CO and STo were very good. (nothing is perfect).

It is well worse than SWTOR and Rift from my perspective...