What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Umm..white launcher screen...again?

Comments

• Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, white screen.. Hope I get to play soon, I dreamed about this beautiful game all night once I got too tired to play it anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    britty2013britty2013 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, this is stuffed again
  • Options
    cohzeecohzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    korslag wrote: »
    do this seem odd to anyone that its just free players who are crashing and cannot log in while paid customers are running fine,wouldnt problem be the whole group of players just odd

I have the guardian pack.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    alexera wrote: »
    I am not sure what you mean, about me being slow? The exe replacement was put in for people having the error where it wouldnt even launch the launcher, just give the white box saying it had failed to update the launcher. Which is why I didnt try replacing it again. Also, if you actually read my post instead of just auto quoting it, you would see where I said that it was working fine for me after the problems yesterday. So when it happened this morning, I checked the forums and there were no other posts about it, just wanted to see if it was just on my end or if it was widespread.

Sigh, trolls make my brain hurt.

So did you replace the exe again after encountering exactly the same problem previously no you create a new post.
  • Options
    lurkersxlurkersx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK! I just tried logging into it and took me all of three minutes to figure out how to get in...

Go to your game folder such as c:/users/public/games/neverwinter/live

Inside the Live folder is a exe called "GameClient" This opens the game skipping the launcher.

Thank you, Thank you.
  • Options
    bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been tryign that, does not connect to account server.
  • Options
    althekingbundyalthekingbundy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lurkersx wrote: »
    OK! I just tried logging into it and took me all of three minutes to figure out how to get in...

Inside the Live folder is a exe called "GameClient" This opens the game skipping the launcher.

Thank you, Thank you.

will try, thx for the info
  • Options
    cohzeecohzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is working for me now, though slowly.
  • Options
    lurkersxlurkersx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been tryign that, does not connect to account server.

Hmm.. It connected for me. Not sure if it goes past or I just had a fluke? I logged back out and the launcher showed a text version and I logged in though that now, seems to work but maybe my launcher just loved me for a second :0
  • Options
    onykteronykter Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thank you, Thank you.

Says "Connection to the account server timed out" for me
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yup same here, tried the work around and it just times out.
  • Options
    liddslidds Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thank you, Thank you.

This does not work as it bypasses the login server and then you cannot connect to your account, below are instructions on how to get in if you are getting the white screen error.

1. Reopen the launcher over and over again until you get the text in the top left saying Loading...
    2. Wait, might take 30 seconds might take 10 minutes
    3. Login and then wait, might take 30 seconds might take 10 minutes
    4. The screen will then turn white if you have not patched and at the bottom left above the generic text you will see a word either, patching or ready, once this word says ready press the very small button above/below it, it has no words on it and is small.
    5. Congratulations
  • Options
    duganstoutduganstout Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you that worked...thank you....thank you...
  • Options
    thaernoththaernoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, having some success now too.
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    working now..
  • Options
    pwsoludepwsolude Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue for me this morning as well. However leaving it open for 10+ minutes does eventually get the login page up. After providing credentials it does it's thing but goes to low bandwidth mode where the formatting and photos are gone and the launch button is a simple unlabeled square... pressed and in... to a queue /facepalm
  • Options
    millo78itmillo78it Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here, I asked a friend who can play to send me his EXE to replace mine, it worked
  • Options
    dusknoiredusknoire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just opened the launcher normally and it is working for me now.
  • Options
    mortoriusmortorius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here is work for me in queue 7400 :p
    No Gods, no Masters. Knowledge is Power, and Power is Freedom.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    will try, thx for the info

didnt work for me, conection timed out
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    So did you replace the exe again after encountering exactly the same problem previously no you create a new post.

Replacing the .exe does not seem to help for everyone. For me it creates an error and then further attempts just shows the white launcher again. I'm sure you're just trying to help rather than sounding like a jerk, but just so you know you ARE sounding like a jerk.

Attempting to just run the GameClient.exe doesn't succeed in connecting to the account server for me. I'm guessing there is just an intermittent problem with their login server since it sounds like some people are able to get in while others can't.

UPDATE!!
    I just tried something that helped me in a similar problem with another game. My girlfriend next to me on same network could get into a game but I couldn't. Try this:
    1. Open a DOS command window (cmd.exe)
    2. Type in: ipconfig /renew
    3. Hit enter
    4. Try patcher again

edit: lol ok so that works to get you into game. However... welcome to the queue! Position 7084... *sigh*
  • Options
    mountain45mountain45 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont worry after the lanucher works youll get in que again!!! im at 7643 right now
  • Options
    xandoriaxxandoriax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A way to fix the white Launcher problem

Right click the launcher, Choose properties, choose compability, Mark use as an administrator, press ok!

There it should work fine now.

if not what you could do to start the game without the launcher is

Pm me if this wont help and i will see what i can do for you.
  • Options
    bouddiccabouddicca Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use another method: i open launcher and close it when it doesn't respond within 15 secs. Even if the loading message is showing, i close it and reopen launcher. After about 10-15 times (2-3 min), it starts within 10 secs and i login. Now i'm just waiting in the queue after char selection :( It already went down from 5700 to 3900, so i might even be able to play today.

Oh, i stand corrected: queue just went to 182.000 and now back to 2600. Nice preparation guys, never seen such a screwed up launch in my life. New low in MMO history.
  • Options
    alexeraalexera Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »

Its NOT the same problem. The exe was for the white box that said, and I quote - Quote Originally Posted by cmpinpointerror View Post
    For players with a "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function" error, please download this file and replace your Neverwinter.exe file with this where you installed the game.

Download link: http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/...everwinter.exe

This is a different problem! The one they had BEFORE that problem. Where the ENTIRE launcher is white, there is no text, there is nothing. This is something they had to fix on their end. If you try to bypass it by going into your game directory it just gives you the " can not connect to account server" error. If you got in, good on you, you got lucky. On that note, however, if you did get it fixed, like you claim, why in the world are you on the forums and not in the game playing?

Now, Im done responding to you and Im going to actually do what some of the HELPFUL people are posting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i loged in but the queue position is 186K, yep thats right! :confused:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xandoriax wrote: »

Right click the launcher, Choose properties, choose compability, Mark use as an administrator, press ok!

This worked, thank you!!

I had tried to right click and run as administrator before I ever posted and that didnt work, but marking the check box instead under properties, did the trick :)
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xandoriax wrote: »

bouddicca wrote: »
    I use another method: i open launcher and close it when it doesn't respond within 15 secs. Even if the loading message is showing, i close it and reopen launcher. After about 10-15 times (2-3 min), it starts within 10 secs and i login. Now i'm just waiting in the queue after char selection :( It already went down from 5700 to 3900, so i might even be able to play today.

These don't work for everyone. What worked for me is to open a DOS window (cmd.exe) and enter the command "ipconfig /renew" (without quotes). And of course that might not work for everyone either.
  • Options
    mortoriusmortorius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I hope that is bug i jump from 6k to 100k, but today is free day in Europe to many ppl want to play i hope from tomorrow will be better
    No Gods, no Masters. Knowledge is Power, and Power is Freedom.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

The display number is actually wrong, they havent fixed that yet. Unfortunately, the real number isnt very great - when you create a character and it asks you to choose a server, you can see the real numbers for the Q and all of them ( right now ) are above 7k. Bright note, it seems to move pretty fast, even though you cant track your progress because the display number for the Q is wrong.