test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Umm..white launcher screen...again?

alexeraalexera Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Well, I had this problem yesterday and they finally got it fixed. Went to bed, wake up this morning and try to log in, launcher crashed after I put in my password now it just keeps doing the white screen again.

So, is this just me? Are others having this problem again?
Post edited by alexera on

Comments

• Options
    rasereiamokrasereiamok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Same here and I have to work in 30 minutes. Was hoping for a quick skirmish or PvP match. Instead, I'm hoolahooping while watching Sesame Street.
    I'm the #1 MMORPG player in the universe!
  • Options
    amad0riusamad0rius Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alexera
    may be workd on server, me to same problem
  • Options
    cohzeecohzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had been playing all day after having the launcher issue this morning. About 25 minutes ago the game crashed and now the launcher is screwed again. I downloaded the launcher again and now all I get is a white screen.
  • Options
    dusknoiredusknoire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here. It says "loading, please wait..." been like this for 20 mins now.
  • Options
    beliafbeliaf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly. I crashed ingame, tried to come back. Woot, same white screen as yesterday..
  • Options
    lmzyroxlmzyrox Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    This has been fixed..Hasn't happend a 2nd time to me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Lol, I have off for 4 days ( starting yesterday ) and well..yesterday was pretty unplayable, today there is maintenance for 4 hours, which Im ok with, but was hoping that I would be able to play a bit before hand, guess not! So maybe can I pretty please play the next 2 days? With cherries on top????? Hearts? <3<3<3<3 ??? :)
  • Options
    cuafprcuafpr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, solid white screen no text or error
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lmzyrox wrote: »
    This has been fixed..Hasn't happend a 2nd time to me.

As I said in my original post, it WAS fixed YESTERDAY. Today, its broken again, unfortunately.
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's 7:20am on East, so I'd say the server is beginning to peak. It was never fixed, the server load just went way down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    onykteronykter Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    t7oal.jpg

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh.......
  • Options
    cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    disappointing.
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep same problem as the OP here too
  • Options
    brelachbrelach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's happening for me as well. It's 7:23 AM (ET in the US) and I've been consistently getting the white screen on the patcher. It was working fine after all the work Cryptic did yesterday.
  • Options
    arthurrw13arthurrw13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing here, just sits at the white box for me, fiance has an identical PC sitting next to me and hers works, so I am thinking this is not the PC but something server side, but what do I know.
  • Options
    korslagkorslag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beliaf wrote: »
    Sadly. I crashed ingame, tried to come back. Woot, same white screen as yesterday..

do this seem odd to anyone that its just free players who are crashing and cannot log in while paid customers are running fine,wouldnt problem be the whole group of players just odd
  • Options
    anarchtanarcht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here, white screen stuck :/
  • Options
    amad0riusamad0rius Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We will Performing shared maintrance on may 1st from 7-11 am, that'z msg was in launcher, how i said, work on server ;) guyz relax ;)
  • Options
    toshihitotoshihito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    korslag wrote: »
    do this seem odd to anyone that its just free players who are crashing and cannot log in while paid customers are running fine,wouldnt problem be the whole group of players just odd

Its not just the free players, stop spouting rubbish.

Plenty of people are having issues, but its really dumb that they haven't done anything for so long.
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This isn't only happening to free players. My launcher is white too.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's 7:20am on East, so I'd say the server is beginning to peak. It was never fixed, the server load just went way down.

Nah, Id say it was fixed, because they even said they put in a fix for it. Also, I had more problems other than the white screen, with the launcher, AFTER they had fixed the white screen and they helped me with that too ( on their facebook page ). Besides, the server load was still crazy even afterwards, those crazy Q's......

Id really hope that the servers arent getting bogged down at 720am because of EST people, I mean...goodness, thats early....
  • Options
    alydarielalydariel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Not true we are all experiencing it, founders and free players alike there is no conspiracy theory just a dodgy launcher :)
  • Options
    bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7am PACIFIC TIME. That's 2+ hours from now.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    alexera wrote: »
    Well, I had this problem yesterday and they finally got it fixed. Went to bed, wake up this morning and try to log in, launcher crashed after I put in my password now it just keeps doing the white screen again.

So, is this just me? Are others having this problem again?

Maybe your a bit slow. It happened to me too. I replaced the exe again and im in. Sigh people make my brain hurt
  • Options
    spc43893spc43893 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amad0rius wrote: »
    We will Performing shared maintrance on may 1st from 7-11 am, that'z msg was in launcher, how i said, work on server ;) guyz relax ;)

7am pst, which is 10am est - so this shouldn't be maintenance.

I guess we should cut them some slack; it's not like Cryptic has any experience with MMO's.
    Oh, wait.
  • Options
    brelachbrelach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just tried running the GameClient.exe and I enter my login and hit enter...then get the message that it is trying to connect to the account server. After a few minutes, I get the error message that connecting to the account serve timed out.
  • Options
    zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Likely they are working on the server, seeing it here as well.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • Options
    ragdoll25ragdoll25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    amad0rius wrote: »

That's not for another 2 1/2 hours.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Maybe your a bit slow. It happened to me too. I replaced the exe again and im in. Sigh people make my brain hurt

I am not sure what you mean, about me being slow? The exe replacement was put in for people having the error where it wouldnt even launch the launcher, just give the white box saying it had failed to update the launcher. Which is why I didnt try replacing it again. Also, if you actually read my post instead of just auto quoting it, you would see where I said that it was working fine for me after the problems yesterday. So when it happened this morning, I checked the forums and there were no other posts about it, just wanted to see if it was just on my end or if it was widespread.

Sigh, trolls make my brain hurt.
  • Options
    rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    damm, i was in like 5 mins ago...had to take kid to school, came back and white screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]