test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Founders Queue with F2P?

sniekardsniekard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Okay, I'm not sure if the pack came with VIP access, but I'm having a problem here. I paid $60 dollars for the founders pack because I'm a student, I don't have a lot of money, but I wanted to support this game as a fan of the universe and an avid gamer.

I waited 40 minutes to get into the game, sure I can deal with that, barely. Being queued with the same people who think that the game itself wasn't really worth purchasing, 'is probably ****', and have no intention of supporting the developers, it hurt, but I dealt with it.

Now, what I really can not deal with is being DC'd from the server, in the middle of a dungeon, with my (entirely founder) party and then reading "5361 in the Queue". I could barely deal with the fact that there are fourteen year old kids logging in before me, to a game I have actually supported through the contribution of over $100 (yes, I bought things at the zen store, guilty pleasure). But now I have a mumble channel filled with other people, who have paid decent money for this game, waiting for me to rejoin because I was disconnected by the servers due to their own inability to run a required amount.

This is not okay.
CROWFINAL.png
Post edited by sniekard on

Comments

• Options
    chx81chx81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sniekard wrote: »
    Okay, I'm not sure if the pack came with VIP access, but I'm having a problem here. I paid $60 dollars for the founders pack because I'm a student, I don't have a lot of money, but I wanted to support this game as a fan of the universe and an avid gamer.

I waited 40 minutes to get into the game, sure I can deal with that, barely. Being queued with the same people who think that the game itself wasn't really worth purchasing, 'is probably ****', and have no intention of supporting the developers, it hurt, but I dealt with it.

Now, what I really can not deal with is being DC'd from the server, in the middle of a dungeon, with my (entirely founder) party and then reading "5361 in the Queue". I could barely deal with the fact that there are fourteen year old kids logging in before me, to a game I have actually supported through the contribution of over $100 (yes, I bought things at the zen store, guilty pleasure). But now I have a mumble channel filled with other people, who have paid decent money for this game, waiting for me to rejoin because I was disconnected by the servers due to their own inability to run a required amount of servers.

This is not okay.

/signed

I totally agree with you. Queues may be needed for technical reasons, but having to queue after having been disconnected from the server is just a unnecessary and annoying.
  • Options
    firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree that this is totally unfair. I understand that there needs to be a queue right now due to extreme demand on the servers. But those who have paid good money to support a free-to-play game, prior to launch, shouldn't be subjected to it. Particularly when they've just been in game, and then get disconnected. Please rectify this.
  • Options
    skiderikskiderik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree if you are in a party how can it be the rest of the party has to suffer due to DC. I have paid for the game and if I'm in a party I shouldn't have to wait because the game crashed you need to fix this or people will leave even though it is fro free for some. But me I paid the founder pack and I don't know who I'll join when I go in a dungeon..so fix this.
  • Options
    paxallpaxall Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I totally agree with this thread, this is deplorable that paying customers are made to queue along with F2P players, Think Cryptic/PWE need to review this policy :/ (Im also a guardian and paying customer, also zen)!
  • Options
    eagles9595eagles9595 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    Totally agree !!!

I personally don't accept the queue system for any "Founders", hero or guardian should be treated the same compare to "free to play" players.

I have the feeling that this queue system has been put in place in "emergency"... sadly they did not take into account all founders and only apply advantages to Hero's ones.. why ? Guardian's one stink ? compare to all other people who didn't pay anything, I do believe we should put on top of the queue just like Hero founders.

And please, update your queue so in case of crashed (got many every day), I don' t have to wait dozens of minutes.

GL Dev's to fixe that and hope we'll have be able to have fun without any queue and lags
  • Options
    doctorangstdoctorangst Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the OP completely.

There should be some form of VIP-que for those who have actually paid for the game (Founders que).

Just look at PlanetSide 2 where anyone who pays for the game actually gets a VIP-que. Good system and no complaints from the community.

/sign.
  • Options
    theaszuretheaszure Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Both packs should have prio in the que end of story.
    [XBOX] - Malvious - Oathbound Paladin
  • Options
    crshdcrshd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I agree that the guardian pack should also give queue priority, 60$ is what full games cost anyway.

However, i had the game crash twice and each time i got put right at the top of the queue (like 2nd) so there is a mechanic for unintentionally dropping out just not sure what triggers it.
  • Options
    speiberbobspeiberbob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought all founders were granted that?
    Speib it!
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in a f2p game with no sub option, both founders packs should provide vip queue access. this is something they need to reverse themselves on or it's going to lead to a LOT of bad press for this game - and potentially a lot of chargebacks for the people who paid for a service and are not able to use that service.
  • Options
    rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    speiberbob wrote: »

Only Heroes of the North.
  • Options
    inkedbearinkedbear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    RIFT, which also had queues, gave you a grace period of like 5-10 minutes after you got disconnected to log back in with no queue.
    This needs to be implemented ASAP.

And I'm also a paying customer, Guardian pack and bought 10.000 Zen. I don't like being thrown into the same queue as the F2P's either. Sort this out. I'm all for the HOTN people getting Prio1. But Guardians should be Prio 2 and then F2P's Prio 3.

Otherwise, give me an option to upgrade my Guardian to HOTN. Or a flat fee to get Priority access.
  • Options
    tarsvettarsvet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just have the "grace period when you get DCed" Solves the problems.
    As for Guardian getting VIP, it was a carrot for the hero founder pack. People will/could have spend as much as a guardian pack on zen... but they dont get priority over those that have not spent any money yet..

Its not about money spent its about which pack you bought.. I do agree that there should be a Zen option to get piority Access though.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've tried to explain this aspect since February (when I first purchased my HotN and all the trolls were coming out of the woodwork on these forums). I told how lifetime/Gold subscribers on STO had this "VIP Queue Access". People laughed at me, trolled me and called me an "idiot" for throwing so much money at such a shi**y company. I knew way back then that no matter how popular Star Trek is, this was going to slam-dunk it.

~cough~

I agree Guardians should also get the VIP Access. But they won't change because this is how the two packs were marketed against each other from the beginning. Look at the bright side: once the initial thrust slows down, things will even out and queue times will decrease dramatically, possibly even be practically eliminated (until they release the "vanilla" Drow race, then it will start over again).
  • Options
    infernoblazeinfernoblaze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they need to get there priorities right also.

Set it so that the
    HOTN get placed at front of the queue, followed by
    Guardians get placed directly after the HOTN guys, then the
    free loaders come in last.

Also if a person is DC'd they should be allowed to come back to the front of the queue and zoned back into the party/instance they were in. Give them say a few mins to try and log back in.

The idle timer could do with a small extension also while there are large queues, 15min is not very long if you need to go to the pooper or someones at the door. Would not be so bad if there wasn't a 40min wait to get back in game but there is.

Please re-look at these PW.
  • Options
    djleberdjleber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I havent had any queue issues yet myself but i totally agree, while i dont think guardians (such as myself) should jump queue all together i think we should be put in starting at 1000. thats about a 10 minutes wait as when i first logged in today i had a queue of 2000 and it was 20 minutes. 10 minute wait is neither here nor there, allows some F2p players to get in whove been waiting in queue for a long time and the hero players are straight in. i believe this is a fair system and those who say it isnt - can u really not spare 10 minutes extra cos lets face it once u log in ur gonna be on for 1-2 hours minimum

I also agree with the disruption grace period - game crash, net drop, connection to server drop
  • Options
    dankshastadankshasta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thing is though; HotN have VIP access, and it was stated that they would, it was not stated founders would all have it, just HotN. Now this guy is sitting here in queue making a thread when he already knew he wasn't going to have VIP access through queues. It's like buying a Mustang, and then going back to the dealership, and *****ing that it wasn't a Corvette, despite having only paid for a POS Mustang, and despite the fact it was clearly presented as less product than a Corvette. Pathetic, whine post, TBH. If you wanted VIP queuing you, could have bought it! I mean, wtf? Maybe learn to read before you make a purchase?
  • Options
    ramzabehoulveramzabehoulve Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a free player and I support the idea of anyone that paid more than 10$ to be allowed to be placed higher in the queue.
  • Options
    jd60fejd60fe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it had VIP queue access I would pay $60. I was just going to see if I wanted to support the game, but 13.5K queue? Guess I'll put my credit card away now.
  • Options
    dankshastadankshasta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well an extra bag costs 10 bucks, and good luck playing after lvl 20 without it. Even a respect is costly. So I'm seeing already that those founder's packs were just the tip of the iceberg. I'm glad I didn't pay a founder's price, because now that I am in the game I can clearly see that this game is all about draining your credit card on silly mundane things.
  • Options
    dirtydicknastydirtydicknasty Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree as well, you would think supporters would get priority
  • Options
    elddirelddir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    speiberbob wrote: »

Would have thought so too. We may not have handed over $200, but we still supported the game where others have not :(
  • Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    paxall wrote: »
    I totally agree with this thread, this is deplorable that paying customers are made to queue along with F2P players, Think Cryptic/PWE need to review this policy :/ (Im also a guardian and paying customer, also zen)!

Well I am sorry your highness, I never meant to darken your queue with my presence.... arrogant #&@*
  • Options
    necrofobicnecrofobic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah would have been kinda nice since nothing else in the pack is kinda worth 60 after being in game for 7ish hours yesterday, the shards you get basicly have no worth right now, certainly not 60. and the rest is just fluff/notreallyneeded

so im starting to feel like a moron for paying, only upside is feeling like i supported the game, but that only goes so far

oh well guess the joke is on me
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I paid 78$ (EU+ tax) and i am sitting 2 hours now in queue.

THIS IS MADNESS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETgk56xT4Mk

:D

(i have idea for next UGC now lol)...
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure how this is a surprise. There has been a lot of focus on this game. The FB page alone has 62,000 likes (which should indicate a general range of how many people will be playing on Day 1). I really rather expect that's less than 10% of the people who logged in yesterday - so most likely, it's closer to 650K players at a shot. That's probably a low estimate, actually.

I didn't opt to purchase the $200 pack, but I heavily suspected the queues would be like this. I'm sure this will eventually drop down as something else gets updated/released (funny that GW2 did their big patch the day this game came out), like ESO, and the lemmings head off to "greener" pastures.
  • Options
    necrofobicnecrofobic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    open beta is fine, im thinking this should have been a p2p title tho, the amount of gold selling spam will be nuts and the botting will be rampant.

this high quality and f2p doesnt bode well at all.

banned ? thats ok, get a new email and come right back for free.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    necrofobic wrote: »
    yeah would have been kinda nice since nothing else in the pack is kinda worth 60 after being in game for 7ish hours yesterday, the shards you get basicly have no worth right now, certainly not 60. and the rest is just fluff/notreallyneeded

so im starting to feel like a moron for paying, only upside is feeling like i supported the game, but that only goes so far

I noticed when I looked at the packs that moving to the front of the queue wasn't mentioned in the Guardian Pack. I was hoping it was an omission on their part, but was prepared to face that it wasn't and login priority was only for HotN buyers.

It turned out being prepared for the likely situation it was a HotN perk was a good thing, as I wasn't all that disappointed to find it was so.

Fortunately it's one of those problems in life that can solved by simply throwing money at it. For those that do not wish to or can't do so, It is likely that today's update will help somewhat, and that the initial surge of interest will probably ease off a bit in a few days.

It's turning out to prove the old saying true, one that everyone should know that's old enough to pay for the packs.

You get what you pay for, even in f2pland.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sniekard wrote: »

Now, what I really can not deal with is being DC'd from the server, in the middle of a dungeon, with my (entirely founder) party and then reading "5361 in the Queue". I could barely deal with the fact that there are fourteen year old kids logging in before me, to a game I have actually supported through the contribution of over $100 (yes, I bought things at the zen store, guilty pleasure). But now I have a mumble channel filled with other people, who have paid decent money for this game, waiting for me to rejoin because I was disconnected by the servers due to their own inability to run a required amount.

This is not okay.

Well you were aware what you will get from the Hero / Guardian packs , look again if it says " You payed so you will skip queues cuz that's only fair " . Now if it doesn't say anything among these lines you'll wait in queue like everyone else . Buying these packs = supporting the game , it's not a donation to skip the queue .
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    I noticed when I looked at the packs that moving to the front of the queue wasn't mentioned in the Guardian Pack. I was hoping it was an omission on their part, but was prepared to face that it wasn't and login priority was only for HotN buyers.

It turned out being prepared for the likely situation it was a HotN perk was a good thing, as I wasn't all that disappointed to find it was so.

Fortunately it's one of those problems in life that can solved by simply throwing money at it. For those that do not wish to or can't do so, It is likely that today's update will help somewhat, and that the initial surge of interest will probably ease off a bit in a few days.

It's turning out to prove the old saying true, one that everyone should know that's old enough to pay for the packs.

You get what you pay for, even in f2pland.

oh yeah completely true, the bait is the gems tho, wich arent worth <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but you cant know that before you buy it. makes the pack inda useless imo, a better use for those 60 would be stuffing em where the sun dont shine atm, not saying value of the gems will change but atm its useless to buy the 60 pack, its the 200 or nothing where the value is at

you also have to realize we are buying made up stuff that doesnt exist and can be created out of thin air, for actual money that has to be worked for, and that very much exists in real life. that kinda puts a little bit more pressure to give you your value worth

and right now the 60 pack is a robbery is all im saying, and as a new player that havent heard about the game until yesterday its easy to get suckered in