Install Arc
Options

Guardian Founders Queue with F2P?

Comments

• Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    necrofobic wrote: »
    oh yeah completely true, the bait is the gems tho, wich arent worth <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but you cant know that before you buy it. makes the pack inda useless imo, a better use for those 60 would be stuffing em where the sun dont shine atm, not saying value of the gems will change but atm its useless to buy the 60 pack, its the 200 or nothing where the value is at

you also have to realize we are buying made up stuff that doesnt exist and can be created out of thin air, for actual money that has to be worked for, and that very much exists in real life. that kinda puts a little bit more pressure to give you your value worth

and right now the 60 pack is a robbery is all im saying, and as a new player that havent heard about the game until yesterday its easy to get suckered in

The $60 dollar pack got me a very nice starting weapon that makes the early game a breeze, the better of the two pack pets, early access to 'open beta', and a mount better than the basic starting mount one can get for 2 gold that wasn't a spider mount that I'm not keen on. These are all quite nice, and will provide plenty of value to me and any other $60 pack purchaser (aside from the early access days, which are lost to pack buyers now), once the queue issues are sorted. So, it is by no means robbery, in my view.
  • Options
    steinz0rsteinz0r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I personally think it's ludicrous that people who choose to spend money on a Free-to-Play business model game should be able to login before anyone else.

Firstly, I hope you realise that the queues are there for a reason. Just for one second, imagine that a) there were no "skip-the-queue" shenanigans or b) everyone bought the HotN Found Pack. The server(s) wouldn't be able to cope. That is why the idea of having a system for people to skip a queue on a server is completely stupid.

Secondly, this game didn't need your support - Neverwinter would have been released regardless of people paying $60-200. PWE decided it'd be in their best interest, financially, to ask people to essentially throw money at them for pixels and "VIP treatment".

Just because you had some money spare doesn't give you more rights to anything in this game. You actually donated money to PWE. Donated. As forementioned, the game didn't need the money to be released and would have done so without your money. Donations do not entitle you to better treatment. This was just a way for PWE to make more money from their F2P business model.

However, there should be a disconnected grace period so you can log back in to finish your dungeon.
  • Options
    necrofobicnecrofobic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steinz0r wrote: »
    I personally think it's ludicrous that people who choose to spend money on a Free-to-Play business model game should be able to login before anyone else.

Firstly, I hope you realise that the queues are there for a reason. Just for one second, imagine that a) there were no "skip-the-queue" shenanigans or b) everyone bought the HotN Found Pack. The server(s) wouldn't be able to cope. That is why the idea of having a system for people to skip a queue on a server is completely stupid.

Secondly, this game didn't need your support - Neverwinter would have been released regardless of people paying $60-200. PWE decided it'd be in their best interest, financially, to ask people to essentially throw money at them for pixels and "VIP treatment".

Just because you had some money spare doesn't give you more rights to anything in this game. You actually donated money to PWE. Donated. As forementioned, the game didn't need the money to be released and would have done so without your money. Donations do not entitle you to better treatment. This was just a way for PWE to make more money from their F2P business model.

However, there should be a disconnected grace period so you can log back in to finish your dungeon.

hate to break it to you but in this world it costs money to have

a. servers both hardware and software
    b. staff, support/forums/devs/company related
    c. locale
    d. bandwidth that reflects the userbase and hardware that comes with that

the more freeloaders = higher costs to run the game, if noone payed the game would be shut down pretty quick
  • Options
    necrofobicnecrofobic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    double post , 10 chars
  • Options
    vonthvonth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    I heard they will change to a bigger server tomorrow so let's see what happens with the queues!

AND ! I suggest Guardians should have a queue but don't make it the same queue with F2P users. We might have another queue between guardian players so we'll login just a little bit faster.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

HotN purchases should be able to log in before anyone else as that was one of the things HotN purchasers paid for.

Since the number of $200 pack purchasers is a small amount versus other players, and will become increasingly smaller as a percentage when HotN packs are no longer sold your imagining is irrelevant as it will not happen.
    The game didn't need the support of purchasers to be released. It will need the support of purchasers on an ongoing basis to persist.
    Yes, it does, if you buy the HotN pack. You get the right to bypass the login queue. Purchases aren't donations.
    That would be nice, but there isn't. People will have to keep that in mind when choosing which pack to purchase, if any.
  • Options
    shammillshammill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Guardian and Heroes of the north should have priority queue. Heroes First, then Guardian Second...
  • Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    volcxxx wrote: »
    I paid 78$ (EU+ tax) and i am sitting 2 hours now in queue.

THIS IS MADNESS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETgk56xT4Mk

:D

(i have idea for next UGC now lol)...

ROFL - that video changed me, I think
  • Options
    rethophisrethophis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    sniekard wrote: »
    Okay, I'm not sure if the pack came with VIP access, but I'm having a problem here. I paid $60 dollars for the founders pack because I'm a student, I don't have a lot of money, but I wanted to support this game as a fan of the universe and an avid gamer.

I waited 40 minutes to get into the game, sure I can deal with that, barely. Being queued with the same people who think that the game itself wasn't really worth purchasing, 'is probably ****', and have no intention of supporting the developers, it hurt, but I dealt with it.

Now, what I really can not deal with is being DC'd from the server, in the middle of a dungeon, with my (entirely founder) party and then reading "5361 in the Queue". I could barely deal with the fact that there are fourteen year old kids logging in before me, to a game I have actually supported through the contribution of over $100 (yes, I bought things at the zen store, guilty pleasure). But now I have a mumble channel filled with other people, who have paid decent money for this game, waiting for me to rejoin because I was disconnected by the servers due to their own inability to run a required amount.

This is not okay.

/Signed. too short...
    Known as Zerkul on DDO forums I]Ryumajin, Zavarthak, Leohands of Cannith[/I, look for me on YouTube.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shammill wrote: »
    Guardian and Heroes of the north should have priority queue. Heroes First, then Guardian Second...

Why should we? We didn't pay for it. There is no 'should' about it.

It would be nice though, but I expect it won't happen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Eh, double post. I guess we are swamping the board with more than it can handle.
  • Options
    petervopetervo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    speiberbob wrote: »
    I thought all founders were granted that?

I'm afraid not. Heros of the North get the VIP access, while Guardians of Neverwinter don't.

I'm Hero myself and my highest position in queue I've seen so far was 4, but I do understand Guardians feeling a bit left out on this topic ... It hardly seems fair to have them queue up with people that haven't spent a cent on the game.
  • Options
    skiderikskiderik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well there is also the point when you are in a dungeon and you get a disconnect. Why should the rest of the party suffer if the game crashes and have to wait for the last paleyer to rejoin. that doesn't add up. You ARE playing why get all the way back in queue and make the rest of the party suffer/wait. That is not acceptable.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    necrofobic wrote: »
    hate to break it to you but in this world it costs money to have

a. servers both hardware and software
    b. staff, support/forums/devs/company related
    c. locale
    d. bandwidth that reflects the userbase and hardware that comes with that

the more freeloaders = higher costs to run the game, if noone payed the game would be shut down pretty quick

You clearly didn't think that through before posting.

Right. For a F2P business model to work, one of the things they have to look at, is a worst case scenario. That being, no one pays a penny. If a company is not financially capable of releasing a F2P game with that in mind, they wont. It's as simple as that.

This worst case scenario isn't likely to happen, but is not impossible to occur. In a realistic perspective, anyone who enjoys the game and has some spare money will more than likely use the cash shop. So they will get money to cover the costs of running everything, one way or another.

More than likely, it's the publisher who covers a majority of the cost in a F2P game. Big publishers generally have a big wallet, but wont publish a game unless there's a good chance to get their money back (and more). So the fact Neverwinter is being released is clearly evidence that the costs for future deployment of the game are already secured (aka, all the points you mentioned).

If you don't agree with me that's fine. However, disagreeing with me because you don't want to feel like you wasted money donating to become a Founder.. Wake up.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree with OP.
    Thought I had VIP with Guardian.
    Then I find myself 204k+position in queue to F2P... very annoyed.

Love the game though.
  • Options
    sgsteihlsgsteihl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Completely agree with OP. Should be two tiers of queues, one for Heroes and one for Guardians. It's only fair. And you should be returned to the character select screen with insta-que access if you end up at the login screen again. Maybe some measure where active characters are marked highest priority for up to a minute or two after they logout. That'd fix the people who get Disconnected, then have to wait forever again in a queue to get back in.
  • Options
    difinitusdifinitus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inkedbear wrote: »
    RIFT, which also had queues, gave you a grace period of like 5-10 minutes after you got disconnected to log back in with no queue.
    This needs to be implemented ASAP.

And I'm also a paying customer, Guardian pack and bought 10.000 Zen. I don't like being thrown into the same queue as the F2P's either. Sort this out. I'm all for the HOTN people getting Prio1. But Guardians should be Prio 2 and then F2P's Prio 3.

Otherwise, give me an option to upgrade my Guardian to HOTN. Or a flat fee to get Priority access.

Last night my client crashed (first time ever) and I was really worried that I would have to jump back into queue, but was able to play immediately after login. I assumed there was this grace period, but it seems that I was just incredibly lucky. A grace period is absolutely required, I agree.

I would like to see the Guardian pack have SIP (Somewhat Important Person) access, maybe after VIPs but before general populace? Also, if they plan to implement a subscription model, it will absolutely have to include priority in queues.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    The game didn't need the support of purchasers to be released. It will need the support of purchasers on an ongoing basis to persist.

http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/pdf/13_03_en_final.pdf -- go peruse the publishers fiscal information before making bold statements like that.

Also, you donated, not purchased.
  • Options
    celluliciouscellulicious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    speiberbob wrote: »
    I thought all founders were granted that?
    I think it's just Heros.
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is just Heros. I don't want priority over anyone that bought the $200 pack, but I should have more than the freebies. They should also keep track of Zen purchases for queue priority.
  • Options
    netrilusnetrilus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 148
    edited May 2013
    I agree that the guardian pack should also give queue priority
  • Options
    spydermonkyspydermonky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what I understand from reading this is that you got what you paid for, but want more?

You are upset because Cryptic/PWE stated that if you paid for the game you would get X/Y/Z. They then gave you X/Y/Z.

There is an issue with being disconnected and unable to reconnect and having to wait in a que. It is an unfortunate oversight by the developers that should have been caught.

However, you got exactly what you paid for. You chose to pay for a free game. Your reasoning behind that is completely inconsequential. You made a choice, with complete knowledge of what you would and would not get for your money. Cryptic/PWE did not deceive you in any way.

Grow up. As a student, maybe you should spend your que time studying.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the OP; we Guardian Fighters shouldn't have to wait on queue like all other pansy classes who can't even hold a shield.

Oh wait, he said founders, screw that.
  • Options
    lolabunnielolabunnie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Signed! Guardian's need VIP too, put them in position AFTER Founders imo.

I was in queue position 15k+ and eventually it went up (which I assume is a bug) to over 100k. Maybe it'll all be fixed with this maintenance they're doing.
  • Options
    hexaxehexaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    /signed

I bought 2 guardian packs for my wife and I and last night we spent nearly an hour waiting to play. I am not a happy PAYING customer.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/pdf/13_03_en_final.pdf -- go peruse the publishers fiscal information before making bold statements like that.

Also, you donated, not purchased.

you didnt really read and understand did you ?, you just linked it to look smart and now it backfired
  • Options
    abstaabsta Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I bought my Guardian pack back before BW2 it Said VIP access came with it. Don't know when that changed..
  • Options
    scorponok24scorponok24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    netrilus wrote: »
    I agree that the guardian pack should also give queue priority

naah you got what you payed for...those that acually put 200$ earned the right to have VIP..should have payed that much yourself if you want VIP...otherwise get back in the line...
  • Options
    trollsparrowtrollsparrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    sniekard wrote: »
    Okay, I'm not sure if the pack came with VIP access, but I'm having a problem here. I paid $60 dollars for the founders pack because I'm a student, I don't have a lot of money, but I wanted to support this game as a fan of the universe and an avid gamer.

I waited 40 minutes to get into the game, sure I can deal with that, barely. Being queued with the same people who think that the game itself wasn't really worth purchasing, 'is probably ****', and have no intention of supporting the developers, it hurt, but I dealt with it.

Now, what I really can not deal with is being DC'd from the server, in the middle of a dungeon, with my (entirely founder) party and then reading "5361 in the Queue". I could barely deal with the fact that there are fourteen year old kids logging in before me, to a game I have actually supported through the contribution of over $100 (yes, I bought things at the zen store, guilty pleasure). But now I have a mumble channel filled with other people, who have paid decent money for this game, waiting for me to rejoin because I was disconnected by the servers due to their own inability to run a required amount.

This is not okay.

I am also a student, paid 200 dollars for the Hero of the North pack and only wait 1.2 seconds to log in. I have the entire summer off, so 200 dollars for a game I will play for at least 500 hours is not so bad.
  • Options
    visidiousvisidious Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who given PW $ for the game should have access to the game over someone who has paid nothing. Period.

Anyone who disconnects from the game whether they have paid or not should get priority back into the game and not have to wait in queue. Period.