test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian pack worth every penny!

2»

Comments

• direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tonyact wrote: »
    I'm with you on that one. If folks were too cheap to buy priority, or made a sensible economic decision not to, they certainly shouldn't be complaining now.

Thanks Captain Hindsight!
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Hindsight_bias
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • tonyacttonyact Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    Thanks Captain Hindsight!
    Most welcome. And it's not hindsight - I took a look at the prices and decided not to jump in based on content - and I'm getting what I didn't pay for, while everyone else is getting exactly what they did pay for - no issue that I can see except from the entitled generation.
  • blixxtblixxt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tonyact wrote: »
    Are you attempting to claim you didn't understand what you bought?

I looked at the pre-purchase, seemed quite clear what you did and didn't get. Decided to wait and see what the game is like before shelling out.

no but more often then not you never have to worry about a que in a game.so i thought nothing of it but now that im sitting in a que with people who havent paid a dime i think its bs.and no it wasnt clear just how bad the nickle and diming was gonna be..no one did.its mind bending to think that bank slots aren't account wide.that floors me.i could go on for days but im still trying to enjoy the game even though cryptic is shoving the cash shop down my throat at least 3 times a minute every step of the way.
  • bejita231bejita231 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guardian is also a founders pack, Guardian pack recieved less AD and less perks in its pack, but its still a founder, and too treat one founder like its a free to play player is a scumbag move, apparently it means nothing that we payed for a full priced game that would otherwise be a free game

Also no where in the guardian pack did it say i would not recieve priority login, that is a given for founders, it is Perfect worlds own fault for vaguely calling HOTN and Guardian packs both "founder packs" when clearly Guardian pack is nothing more than a F2P player in their eyes

Just know that my willingness to spend money on zen has greatly diminished because of this move, dont treat your paying customers like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if you want them to spend money on your game
  • teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did not buy any packages to be in the headstart and I waited in queue twice today now(Currently @3Kish waiting lol) and I just purchased my guardian pack. Worth it to me! @Shrugs@
    edited April 2013
    blixxt wrote: »
    no but more often then not you never have to worry about a que in a game.so i thought nothing of it but now that im sitting in a que with people who havent paid a dime i think its bs.and no it wasnt clear just how bad the nickle and diming was gonna be..no one did.its mind bending to think that bank slots aren't account wide.that floors me.i could go on for days but im still trying to enjoy the game even though cryptic is shoving the cash shop down my throat at least 3 times a minute every step of the way.
    LOTS of MMOs have had queues early on - especially in open beta. Sorry if this is all new to you - good experience for future games no doubt.
  • v099v099 Banned Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Queue is a Lie!

There is no queue - notice how there was no queue through the beta weekends?

There was only one server then as well.

The queue has been manufactured to try make everyone buy the $200 pack to get priority access. They are getting desperate to extract your money from your pocket. This game is a money grab.
  • wtfgivemeanamewtfgivemeaname Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, I went from 6652 to 44918. So, yea, I'd say the queue is a "lie". Whether it's intentional or not...I'll leave to the tin-hat folks. :D
  • tanerastaneras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bejita231 wrote: »
    and too treat one founder like its a free to play player is a scumbag move, apparently it means nothing that we payed for a full priced game that would otherwise be a free game

And by "means nothing" you mean all the benefits you received as a guardian? Whether you want to admit it or not, you did receive benefits that the free players didn't get. You got early access, a free mount, free pet, a good starter weapon, 600k diamonds, etc.

[QUOTEbejita231]Also no where in the guardian pack did it say i would not recieve priority login, that is a given for founders, it is Perfect worlds own fault for vaguely calling HOTN and Guardian packs both "founder packs" and not explaining the diffrences between them clearly[/QUOTE]

It stated that the Hero package did get to jump queue, you didn't find it odd that the Guardians didn't say the same thing?
    edited April 2013
    Well, I went from 6652 to 44918. So, yea, I'd say the queue is a "lie". Whether it's intentional or not...I'll leave to the tin-hat folks. :D
    This is a known glitch posted in the stickies - it will reset to your true position.
  • dreadlochbetadreadlochbeta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm a Guardian founders pack owner, and like all new MMOs at launch, the queues can be a problem. Recalling the WoW at its launch for instance. I never felt the queue advantage with the HOTN package was worth the investment, and although I'm now sitting at 6,228 and may not even get a chance to play tonight, things will settle down over the next few weeks. Cryptic will have to address this. In the meantime, I'm on the Gateway working my crafting, and I guess I'll have to go back to Defiance and kill some hellbugs while I wait. Or better yet, watch the Defiance episode from Monday night. Sometimes you need a large queue to catch up on other things.

I love Neverwinter so far. I can wait...
    'Don't sweat the small stuff...'
  • eliseren1tyeliseren1ty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What do you think you are getting for $60?
    You get nothing.

You get some screen sprites that belong to Cryptic. Designed by a developer and an artist who is probably out of work by now.
    You used to get at least a shiny coaster and a book when you got a crappy game.

Last game I bought sight unseen was Aion... big mistake
    Before that it was NWN2... big mistake

With this you have the chance to try before you buy.
    Why throw a bunch of money into a hole?
    At least poke your head in and look first.
    // here be dragons
    CRect HAMSTER; // darn near killed'em
    my $search_key = $something_else;
    foreach (keys %some_hash) {
    if ($_ eq $search_key) {
    do_something($_);
    }
    else();
    }
    locked by NullUserException
  • skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited April 2013
    Glad I didn't pay a dime to play this game. :D

This is exactly why you should be careful of where you pour out your money on.
    This is an MMORPG, technical difficulties are in inevitable.