test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian pack worth every penny!

opaliticopalitic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Or is it?

Queue position: 25014
Post edited by opalitic on

Comments

• Options
    stwhmstwhm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Since we didn't pay for priority login, yes it is.
  • Options
    donkenojidonkenoji Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think it was the most economic buy of the two, considering I will be spending another 500-1000 in zen.
  • Options
    opaliticopalitic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Even thou its a release of some sort and the influx of new players is here now. The queue priority should still be: Hero, Guardian, Free players. With 60 bucks I could have bought any retail game and yet I chose to support this game only to realize I cant play outside headstart. Ofc. Whining about it like a little ***** doesnt contribute but imho this is something that should have been sorted out before the open beta and not during it. Its obnoxious to sit in a queue of 25k even after dropping the average retail games price in this game.
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fail that they didnt choose Guardians to have Q prio.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    wifeaggro13wifeaggro13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited April 2013
    for 60 bucks i coulda got a 6 pack of bear and a chinese massage *wink* *wink* instead all i got was this stupid shirt that says "Q" on it
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Really disappointed in the devs, Guardians being treated like FTP players.

Population decline in 3.....2.....1
  • Options
    emittereemittere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, at least it means a hell of a lot of people are playing!
  • Options
    hopcockhopcock Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would buy it, but it always fails
  • Options
    naviernavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    not 4 long rumors are going around quick about the epic server login fails
  • Options
    wifeaggro13wifeaggro13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited April 2013
    navier wrote: »
    not 4 long rumors are going around quick about the epic server login fails

Every MMO ive ever played launches with a Que, the only difference is thye had the balls to call it a launch instead of a F2P open beta that charges 200 dollars for priority posistion. Serioulsy just make the game B2P with a option for subscrition that gives zen in monthly increments and free 10 free lock box keys pers sub . the money grab here is down right insulting to the founders reguardless . you would Think EA was running this game ,we have found a new low for game management.
  • Options
    tonyacttonyact Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seems like they were pretty open about what you had to pay to get priority login - you didn't pay so shouldn't complain.

And it is beta - stuff happens.
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just purchased mine despite the queues. This will be my fantasy mmo of choice. Well unless ESO is f2p.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    opalitic wrote: »
    Or is it?

Queue position: 25014

I think it was. The HoN pack was a huge rip off. If I'm going to pay $200 for a game, I'll go buy the Songbird Edition Bioshock Infinite and get a big statue, book, etc.

But the $60 dollar one was really nice. If anything for the companion, and mount alone.

I don't regret my purchase at all. Eventually the queues will die down. I'll always have my mastercraft weapons though.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    tanerastaneras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dunno how all these guardian players are complaining now, seeing as that bonus for hero players was clearly listed under their benefits and clearly not listed under the guardian benefits.

Open BETA or launch, it doesn't matter. Look at how buggy other paid games are on their launch dates. How long did it take diablo 3 to get up and running? For better or worse, that just seems to be par for the course.
  • Options
    blixxtblixxt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    if i could go back to when i preordered the pack..i would have never got it.the fact we dont have priority log in is another slap in the face on top of the epic nickle and diming they further do to people who bought the founder packs.
  • Options
    neppanaattorineppanaattori Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    emittere wrote: »
    Well, at least it means a hell of a lot of people are playing!

Or it just means they have a few servers with the capacity of tens of thousands, not hundreds of thousands :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    blixxt wrote: »
    if i could go back to when i preordered the pack..i would have never got it.the fact we dont have priority log in is another slap in the face on top of the epic nickle and diming they further do to people who bought the founder packs.
    Are you attempting to claim you didn't understand what you bought?

I looked at the pre-purchase, seemed quite clear what you did and didn't get. Decided to wait and see what the game is like before shelling out.
  • Options
    occamsoccams Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol queue 67345
  • Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    i bet they cap it 100 and they want use all pay $200
  • Options
    thesmittythesmitty Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    sweet glad to hear
  • Options
    unclearimageunclearimage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I didn't buy it- people that did should definitely be in front of me in queue.
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ITT: People whining about a product they purchased despite knowing full well what that product entailed.

Mind = Boggled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    ITT: People whining about a product they purchased despite knowing full well what that product entailed.

Mind = Boggled
    I'm with you on that one. If folks were too cheap to buy priority, or made a sensible economic decision not to, they certainly shouldn't be complaining now.
  • Options
    bigfatdravusbigfatdravus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im also free (for now) and I also agree paid players should OBVIOUSLY get first priority in Q. All that extra stuff is sweet but the #1 thing paid players should get is access to the game...just my 2 cents
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Im also free (for now) and I also agree paid players should OBVIOUSLY get first priority in Q. All that extra stuff is sweet but the #1 thing paid players should get is access to the game...just my 2 cents
    They COULD get priority access if they bought the pack that included it - they chose not to - they should wait like the rest of us hoi-poloi.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People that feel entitled to "whine" about what THEY perceive as whinage when they paid 0$ unlike the founders (all package deals) makes me .....

Mind = Boggled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    hopcockhopcock Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Has anyone have any issues trying to purchase the guardian pack? It always fails and an error occurs
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    hopcock wrote: »
    Has anyone have any issues trying to purchase the guardian pack? It always fails and an error occurs
    Just hope they don't charge your card on each failed attempt :)
  • Options
    silencebettiesilencebettie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think it is! I got to play early and some awesome items. The game is amazing! I don't mind waiting in the queue.
  • Options
    ordainedoneordainedone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol Guys should really relax. I'n 2 weeks the game will be mostly just be HotN's and Guardians left anyways. Like all PWE's games, the ervers are packed a week or two then they start merging servers a few weeks later.