test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is the Queue "Temporary", or will it be here always?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Are we gonna have to wait to log in like this even after Beta ends, or is it just a temporary thing?

I hope its temporary, cuz I'm not looking forward to waiting to play...
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Options
    bookwyrmmbookwyrmm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited April 2013
    This is temporary. Once the volume settles down, or if it stays this high then the devs will likely add servers, things will get down to normal logins. It is day one. Launch day, sort of. So everyone and their dog logged in today. It will get better.
    "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Options
    demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    All new MMOs go through this (if they don't the devs get worried), it will pass and be forgotten.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.
  • Options
    layonhandslayonhands Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There will always be a system to handle overload.
    Your divine touch instantly heals wounds.
  • Options
    pschumac2pschumac2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    layonhands wrote: »
    There will always be a system to handle overload.

Play DC (one of their other games) they make queues on purpose. There is ALWAYS a queue for that game if you don't spend money, ALWAYS. Even if it is just 2-3 minutes, they are doing the same sneaky "make you pay" tactics here but it either messed up or they are doing it hard core to get people to spend the 200.
  • Options
    andervinandervin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    I hope they made their monthly payments to sites like IGN otherwise tonight's fiasco will not bode well for them in the gaming press.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    2-3 minutes is really not a big deal.

The queue here is to make sure things don't get completely out of hand and crash. Would you prefer people wait in an orderly line and everyone gets to play, or we all pile in at once and bring everything down and nobody plays?
  • Options
    pschumac2pschumac2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013

The queue here is to make sure things don't get completely out of hand and crash. Would you prefer people wait in an orderly line and everyone gets to play, or we all pile in at once and bring everything down and nobody plays?

i'm not saying 2-3 minutes i a big deal. I'm saying they have a system that artificially places a queue on you if you have not spent money. I'm not saying that is bad either, I"m saying this company does that.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm saying they have a system that artificially places a queue on you if you have not spent money.

I'd like to see proof of that.
  • Options
    abysomabysom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    2-3 minute queue? Try almost and hour for me.
  • Options
    boerewors2boerewors2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The more people that get chased away by the queue, the less there will be in the queue, until there is no queue.
    sig2_zps464af9a0.jpg
    "Salvation may be found through service. Every failure of duty diminishes Torm and every success adds to his luster. Strive to maintain law and order."
  • Options
    andervinandervin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013

I'd prefer they have a viable action plan in place to avoid a fiasco like a 2hr queue on release day (open beta is a farce). The only real feedback I'm getting here is having my posts locked and moved. This doesn't bode well for them and will determine whether I, and many many others I imagine, decide to stay. There are simply waaaay too many other games out there for them to fail this hard on day one and expect people to stick around. Ask EA about SWTOR and how that went for them?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    boerewors2 wrote: »
    The more people that get chased away by the queue, the less there will be in the queue, until there is no queue.

And no players. Awesome plan.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'd prefer they have a viable action plan in place to avoid a fiasco like a 2hr queue on release day

At least the game is up on release day, unlike triple A titles like Diablo 3 or Sim City. They've done the right thing to stagger logins and keep server loads balanced.
  • Options
    shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    All new MMOs go through this (if they don't the devs get worried), it will pass and be forgotten.

No.. No they don't.. I don't know what you smoke but, this is the only game i've come across that has provided 3 servers with dozens of channels and still filled up to the point people are thousands of places behind in queues..
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    At least the game is up on release day, unlike triple A titles like Diablo 3 or Sim City. They've done the right thing to stagger logins and keep server loads balanced.

The end result is the same. People that want to pay, or PAID to play, can't.
  • Options
    tomaszeq1tomaszeq1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    10 minutes in the queue and i'm still 4000+ behind other guys. I play MMMOS for a good couple of years now, tried some new games at day one and i know there are always problems - but this is kinda ridiculous.
  • Options
    pwthebestpwthebest Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2013
    tomaszeq1 wrote: »
    10 minutes in the queue and i'm still 4000+ behind other guys. I play MMMOS for a good couple of years now, tried some new games at day one and i know there are always problems - but this is kinda ridiculous.

You can just ignore the numbers, they're literally meaningless
  • Options
    blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    either way, the people who paid should have priority over the ftp people, even tera fixed that annoyance, anyway it is day 1, guess i wont bother playing today :/
  • Options
    zakuno1zakuno1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I logged in and my queue was around 50000. I almost flipped a table until I remembered that the numbers are incorrect.
  • Options
    kilirmkilirm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    just to clarify what someone said above, i "paid money" and am in a queue of 3900 players, for 10 minutes now.
  • Options
    kilirmkilirm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    And the queue number alternate between the updated right number in the queue and a buggy probably fixed one.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    kilirm wrote: »
    just to clarify what someone said above, i "paid money" and am in a queue of 3900 players, for 10 minutes now.

But remember. Only Hero's of the North get priority login. Guardians get nothing. They are in the same queue as us freebies.
  • Options
    pwthebestpwthebest Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2013
    zakuno1 wrote: »
    But remember. Only Hero's of the North get priority login. Guardians get nothing. They are in the same queue as us freebies.

That must really grind their gears
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    zakuno1 wrote: »

Exactly what i meant, its not the fact that you paid or not, but how much did you pay. And heroes also get queued but they have priority over guardians and f2p from what i understand.
  • Options
    chezruchezru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pwthebest wrote: »
    That must really grind their gears

Nope. I am just playing Path of Exile tonight. Neverwinter, and my cleric, will be here another night when things calm down.

No biggie. My life doesn't revolve around this, or any other, game.
  • Options
    sepheresephere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, this super-long version queue is definitely temporary and unintentional,
    they said in the sticky that they would try updates to the servers overnight, tonight
    So it should get better over a couple days at least (hopefully)

Part of the post:
    ...Update 3: We're discussing solutions now and making sure you wait as little as possible before you play. Thanks for being so patient.
    Update 4: We apologize that some players have had to wait in a queue to access Neverwinter. Our goal is to minimize the wait time as soon as possible. To accomplish this, we will be performing updates to the servers and network overnight. Please keep an eye on this page for updates - we plan to have updated information regarding our progress around 9 a.m. on Wednesday, May 1, Pacific Time.
  • Options
    itchen91itchen91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    welp at least i can lvl my crafting while i wait..
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    sephere wrote: »
    Well, this super-long version queue is definitely temporary and unintentional,
    they said in the sticky that they would try updates to the servers overnight, tonight
    So it should get better over a couple days at least (hopefully)

Part of the post:

You know. Props to Cryptic. They have been very transparent through this whole launch day. That's more than what I can say about some other MMO companies. So yeah Cryptic is getting my support.
  • Options
    blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    well i will give some credit as said above they are at least informing us on stuff, best to play something else for a couple of days.
  • Options
    folkanriftfolkanrift Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chezru wrote: »
    Nope. I am just playing Path of Exile tonight. Neverwinter, and my cleric, will be here another night when things calm down.

No biggie. My life doesn't revolve around this, or any other, game.

Well you are lucky cause my life does revolve around Neverwinter, and If i am unable to play I will run out of oxygen and then what will happen? Suffer from brain damage or possible asphyxiation?!?! How could they let this happen.