test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic-PWE Your Que will be the one thing that turns folks away or quit...

talrunetalrune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As avid mmorpg player for the last 17 years I have never seen a que this high and to penallize players that did not toss you 200 bucks is just wrong.

I am a guardian customer but even free players the que system is horrible. I am now sitting for last 2 hours in a que where I was at 7000 in que that is outright absurd! Open more servers plain and simple.

Not all players have hours to wait in a que to play your product, and that in turn will drive them away and play something else. That or they will become hooked on another game and you will have lost a customer and as a business that is something you clearly DO NOT want.

I feel you are throttling the game this way to get players to buy the 200 dollar pack to skip the que...very very shady on your part...if you plan on keeping players I suggest you do away with the que altogether give the founders something in place of it and be done with it...I will be posting my review on a website very soon about this.

Disgruntled Customer,
Talrune
Post edited by talrune on

Comments

• Options
    fissure1000fissure1000 Member Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    talrune wrote: »
    As avid mmorpg player for the last 17 years I have never seen a que this high and to penallize players that did not toss you 200 bucks is just wrong.

I am a guardian customer but even free players the que system is horrible. I am now sitting for last 2 hours in a que where I was at 7000 in que that is outright absurd! Open more servers plain and simple.

I feel you are throttling this game this way to get players to buy the 200 dollar pack to skip the que...very very shady on your part...if you plan on keeping players I suggest you do away with the que altogether give the founders something in place of it and be done with it...I will be posting my review on a website very soon about this.

Disgruntled Customer,
    Talrune

Both valid points, they could easily be using the queue thing as a way for people to spend more money on the game.
  • Options
    shadowsideshadowside Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [Meme Killed]
  • Options
    toxicchemicalstoxicchemicals Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    But you're making the people who paid angry
  • Options
    dendrobates0825dendrobates0825 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    talrune wrote: »

I feel you are throttling this game this way to get players to buy the 200 dollar pack to skip the que...very very shady on your part...if you plan on keeping players I suggest you do away with the que altogether give the founders something in place of it and be done with it...I will be posting my review on a website very soon about this.

Disgruntled Customer,
    Talrune
    I have seen queues this high in SWTOR when it launched but they responded with more servers. Give PWE a chance, they probably didn't expect this high of a turn out.
  • Options
    fissure1000fissure1000 Member Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    shadowside wrote: »
    [killed meme]

XD

Though they have said that the queue numbers are wrong. Display issue i think.
  • Options
    talrunetalrune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah que times are wrong suuuure pwe 3 hours in a que is outright just wrong...and for the Hero of north people I say create something else for them in place or maybe even make vip access cost 5 or 10 bucks not force people to spend another 200 just so they can play...
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yay, another useless thread.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    sierra0668sierra0668 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yep, my que went from 6000ish to 34000ish. I'm actually waiting to log in now, but honestly, if que times are this long, as much as I love D&D and Faerun, I WILL NOT be playing this game, OR SPENDING ANY MONEY ON IT! Also, unless you are purposely trying to drive potential paying customers away, you'd better fix the log in times pretty fast. I'm off to play MechWarrior Online, where I won't have to wait 3 hours to play a match. Good job dev team...
  • Options
    irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ravin wrote: »

Not really as the OP has a legit point. You state open beta starts at a specific time and date, then the prime time people who happen to work all day can't log in because they do not have enough servers. I have better things to do than wait in que for 3 hours and I will take my money somewhere else if they dont get this fixed real soon (like tomorrow)
  • Options
    toxicchemicalstoxicchemicals Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    what website?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    And of course just went form 1059 in que after starting at 7000 for a hour now back up to 33000 I doubt the que numbers are wrong because if they were we would still get in alot quicker then this...it seems they a re legi and I know they updated that they are working on a solution as we speak so lets hope that gets in tonight.
  • Options
    futabawtfutabawt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    >17 years of playing MMOs
    >Doesn't expect queues out the door on launch day

One of these has to be omitted, because if you've playing any of the major releases in the past seventeen years, you would know that queues are practically the norm.
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    futabawt wrote: »
    >17 years of playing MMOs
    >Doesn't expect queues out the door on launch day

One of these has to be omitted, because if you've playing any of the major releases in the past seventeen years, you would know that queues are practically the norm.

Ya you know you are old when u remember beford they actually had modern queues. My first experience with queues was WoW but before that the games I played you could just spend hours hitting connect hoping to get in.
  • Options
    mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    If you have that much time invested into MMO's then you should have been part of a launch day or two. I will also point out that this is a Beta launch. Which means we are all testing the game. That includes testing the server loads and server stress. $60 got us early access to this Beta. We all knew what we were buying. With a completely free game everyone should have expected this. The MMO market is stale, so people are flocking to the new action based games.

Don't get me wrong, it does suck to expect to play when you get off work, school, or what ever only to come home to a long que. But look at the positives. PW now knows they need more servers. They know whether or not they can handle millions of people playing. Also you know the game is setting up for success. More people means more money, hopefully. It also means a larger player base and a more balanced economy. Prices are much better when you have 4.000+ people selling like items as opposed to six people. Also groups will be easier to find.

So just do what I am doing. Relax, have a beer and don't worry about it today. Beta is never a guarantee that you will be able to play when you want. There will be days when the servers are offline so they can work out the kinks. Day's when servers crash. Days when you log into a character that has had all action and feat points refunded.

Beta is something we all volunteered for. Yes we payed $60 or $200, or nothing. But no one ever told us that we were buying a finished game. That will come with the actual launch and by then I am sure all these complaints will be forgotten as we all enjoy a well polished game.
  • Options
    leomutretaleomutreta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ravin wrote: »

Agreed. They should just take the forums down and use the hardware to make more servers for the game... lol
  • Options
    vinunleadedvinunleaded Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    Like ummmm they didnt have a back up plan for server capacity and load balancing.
    FAIL I.T. management....lots of good I.T. folks looking for jobs.
  • Options
    tritonmdtritonmd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    Ya you know you are old when u remember beford they actually had modern queues. My first experience with queues was WoW but before that the games I played you could just spend hours hitting connect hoping to get in.

ahh Good times.
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They did state that the numbers shown for the queue aren't accurate.
  • Options
    leomutretaleomutreta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I like people that live on wonderland, where all launches are without issue and every developer know exactly how much people will be wanting to experience your free game. And for my surprise, some of these people claim it is playing MMOs for about 17 years and never saw something like this before... WHAT??

Launch day equals problems... this happens all the time and people still ***** on forums about this. Im not happy I'm not playing, but I was expecting something like this. Give the guys time to address it.
  • Options
    dragon47dragon47 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    clurdge wrote: »

I destroyed more mice and keyboards that way...
  • Options
    zakuno1zakuno1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lets be fair to Cryptic. It hasn't even been 24 hours from launch day yet. Kinda hard to get new servers up and running in 12 hours. Give it a few days.
  • Options
    andervinandervin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    zakuno1 wrote: »
    Lets be fair to Cryptic. It hasn't even been 24 hours from launch day yet. Kinda hard to get new servers up and running in 12 hours. Give it a few days.

You know not of what you speak. With Virtual Machines and Cloud technology there is zero excuse for not having more shards available today.
  • Options
    buck63eyebuck63eye Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ^ This.......
  • Options
    zakuno1zakuno1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okay cloud technology is really expensive. Virtual Machines would work. And the third point is that they most likely need to get approval from the main PW office for money allocation if it has not been allocated already. Come to think of it the biggest hindrance to getting the servers would be cost and set up time.
  • Options
    november1986november1986 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was actualy planning on staying out of the forum entirely but i figure i may as well jump in and say something. Thing is i'v, like many people here, have played many many mmo's over the years and in my and again many others cases it's been since the 90's. But this i have to say is actualy, unlike many others, the first time i have -ever- seen a que at all. Yes i remember times clicking the button hopeing to get in years ago but that was pre 2000. No mmo i'v played in the last 13 years or so (give or take) has had as many issues as i have seen with this.

What get's me is this, it's perfect world. As if Perfect world has not had enough experience to expect the problems encountered? And Cryptic? Did they not learn anything from Star Trek online?

As a side note as i know it will come up. I fully understand this is Beta, it's a test, and meant to be the time to test exactly what can go wrong and fix those issues before they launch the game.
  • Options
    cerebral79cerebral79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    get over yourselves and go play your previous game for a bit or watch a movie, it will clear up. And before you say anything i paid 60 bucks but I know what im paying for and realize that this is open BETA and will work itself out. Im sure they want this to happen to see how much the servers can take.
  • Options
    sinbornsinborn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even with VM and cloud storage, servers don't get up within 12 hours.
  • Options
    futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No "avid MMO player" who has personally seen more than a handful of MMOs launch complains about launch day queues without having some serious perspective issues. It is impossible to determine the amount of servers you will need on day 1. All you can do is guess and if you are wrong, add in until it is fixed, little by little.

It gets really funny when you find that special post from someone who was dumb enough to take a day off work for an online game's launch day.

And who threatens a company with a negative review on some random, unspecific website? Especially someone novice enough to misspell a common MMO term such as "queue?"
  • Options
    granatargranatar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's launch people. queues suck but it's a new F2P game and the first few weeks there will be a queue. it's better then adding servers and having that server die after release.
  • Options
    november1986november1986 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly i don't understand the people absolutly complaining about the issues seen. As i said at the bottom of my post and everyone should understand it is a beta. I can't even count how many times it's been stated though and people still just complain, so it's useless to post to them. I was just bored and thought i'd point out that Cryptic brings some of the worst beta launches i'v personaly seen, i'm not saying it's the worst ever or something as i can't speak for games i may have missed. Although i have to say they also managed to make a game i'm most interested in as far as the mmo lists go latly.
This discussion has been closed.