test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic-PWE Your Que will be the one thing that turns folks away or quit...

2»

Comments

• Options
    glortyglorty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly i don't understand the people absolutly complaining about the issues seen. As i said at the bottom of my post and everyone should understand it is a beta. I can't even count how many times it's been stated though and people still just complain, so it's useless to post to them. I was just bored and thought i'd point out that Cryptic brings some of the worst beta launches i'v personaly seen, i'm not saying it's the worst ever or something as i can't speak for games i may have missed.

All I know is I got an email from PWI that said they were having an open beta for NW. I said to myself, "Self, let's go check this game out!"

Then I see that there is a 5-digit queue of people waiting to log in. Why the **** would a company do that to themselves?

Oh...wait...this is PWI. They can shoot themselves in the foot, knee, hand, and ear and people will still come running back and throw their money into the cash shop. Classic.
  • Options
    adamaantadamaant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    talrune wrote: »
    As avid mmorpg player for the last 17 years I have never seen a que this high and to penallize players that did not toss you 200 bucks is just wrong.

I am a guardian customer but even free players the que system is horrible. I am now sitting for last 2 hours in a que where I was at 7000 in que that is outright absurd! Open more servers plain and simple.

Not all players have hours to wait in a que to play your product, and that in turn will drive them away and play something else. That or they will become hooked on another game and you will have lost a customer and as a business that is something you clearly DO NOT want.

I feel you are throttling the game this way to get players to buy the 200 dollar pack to skip the que...very very shady on your part...if you plan on keeping players I suggest you do away with the que altogether give the founders something in place of it and be done with it...I will be posting my review on a website very soon about this.

Disgruntled Customer,
    Talrune
    It sucks, I know. I also know you know, we all know that MMO's always have Queues on day one. Will a few people quit because of it? Yea, probably. The vast majority of folks will understand there are many issues that have to be worked out. As much as most developers think they have a decent idea of how many people they can handle logging in at the same time they are almost always wrong. No matter how many instances they think they can run simultaneously, they really don't know till they reach full peak on day one. Most MMO's improve over the first day or two and everyone forgets about the trouble on day one.
  • Options
    november1986november1986 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know it, as the person under you said to the op, it sucks. But the thing is you have to expect some issues in a beta, small, and large. Also when it's a big name like D&D, or Star Trek, you should try to expect allot of people and that ammounts to allot of lag and even more problems as have already been seen. I doubt it will even be the end of the problems but the idea is to get these out of the way before launch.

But i'm sure you know this already, and i'm not trying to be a jerk or offencive in any way.

(EDIT)

wierd that was supposed to be a response to Glorty but it looks like it posted normaly...
  • Options
    thepasherthepasher Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to know why I have to go back to the login screen just to switch characters, which places me a 3k-50k and up queue. I was already in the game, why can't I switch characters after I waited in the Queue for hours the first time. Am I not supposed to switch characters? confused.....
  • Options
    saemundr1saemundr1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man its 5:30am here you lot are srsly not in bed yet?
    Edit: i just went from 2000ish in queue to 95000. Not enough time to play now gots to go to work.
  • Options
    talrunetalrune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Id like to state I never said there would not be issues and there were never ques in the past for other mmo but this is a SOFT LAUNCH aka open beta for PWI it's how they run their games to retail...sooooo quest of a few hundred sure and lets say with maybe more then 3 servers but no pwi only shot out 3 servers at launch and yes this is launch. Bad preparation and in 2013 I DO expect more if I lower my standards like alot of folks do then the companies think they can slide..

I am not happy I am allowed to voice it disagree or not it is still my opnion.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    And we have patch notes.

Should be resolved in the morning :D
This discussion has been closed.