Options

Guess it has become Buy to play ....

2»

Comments

• Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    So you're saying it's pointless to even try to login at the moment?

Well, no.

But unless you paid $200, you'll be waiting through 20,000 others trying to play.
  • Options
    allumo619allumo619 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this queue for today its understandable however the most annoying part of it is that it doesnt take into account that if a player dc and log back in with less then a min after the dc it puts you on the end of the list just cus you dont have a hotn pack.
  • Options
    saborwsaborw Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Did nobody expect a queue to form? A fairly highly anticipated free to play game opening to the public with 3 servers having a queue? Who'da thought. In 3 months, if they add 20 servers to deal with the load, they'll be merging servers to deal with the low population of people who stay and keep playing. Just like every MMO ever.
  • Options
    nostalg1cnostalg1c Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Fap, roll a cigarette, eat a hot pocket, empty the bedpan, do some laundry, refill your mountain dew. Plenty of activities to keep you busy while they fix the issues.
  • Options
    zertrezertre Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    how can u not anticipate this ? its NW for the love of baby jesus ... any self respecting gamer should try this out Q_Q
  • Options
    kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Been waiting an hour in queue, better to relog then or just stay put?
  • Options
    skirge66skirge66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sorry...but these queue time are unreasonable by any standard...why did you launch if you weren't ready to support a decent playerbase? an hour in the queue with no end in sight...this better improve.
  • Options
    nostalg1cnostalg1c Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kittledorf wrote: »
    Been waiting an hour in queue, better to relog then or just stay put?

You're better off staying put.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    raaize wrote: »
    Because $200 trumps $60 when it comes to getting to the front of the queue to enter the game I assume.

Which makes sense, though I do feel that Guardians should have priority over those that are playing for free.

But anyway, queues are normal for any new and promising MMOs these day. And you know, I did get the founder's pack, and I can't play either at the moment because I can't connect to the patch server. It happens, and it is just temporary.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    dendrobates0825dendrobates0825 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I remember when SWTOR launched I would remote in to my home computer from work to jump in the queue so I would be logged in when I got home.

Good times
  • Options
    bwoodlawlbwoodlawl Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I remember when PoE opened their doors and were buying servers left and right like every hour to get people in. GGG rocks man.
  • Options
    debarsdebars Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    i want my refund!! o wait.....
  • Options
    babinrobabinro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    An online only game is having connection trouble on it's launch day?
    This is not even remotely surprising and anyone whose played this type of game should expect problems early on.

I was psyched at the launch of open beta but if it takes me a few days to finally try the game so be it.
    I know enough to never take time off of work for an online only title launch.
  • Options
    ratheartsrathearts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    lumped in queue with FTP players, I know we didn't spend the 200 you guys did but we still spent something to support the game. Priority after you guys is all we want.

Exactly, the priority should from:
    North > Guardians > F2P

I have seen quite a few games that have a priority point que system that works well.

North: 200 priority gained per second in queue.
    Guardians: 60 priority gained per second in queue.
    F2P: 1 priority gained per second in queue.

When there is a free slot open it lets the player with the most priority into the game.
    This way priority is given to the paying players. If a North is in queue for 10seconds its the same as being in queue for 1000 seconds (16minutes) for a F2P player or 10 minutes for a Guardian.

In this scenario North founders will get in at an insane speed, I dont see them waiting more then 1-5minutes at max, even in a long queue. Guardians would then make there way to the front of the queue faster and F2P... well your in the queue. ;)

The numbers dont have to be so large as above, they could implement something like 20,6,1 or w/e.
  • Options
    siliencersiliencer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    my queue was over 9.7k and it only took about 15 to half an hour. regardless i was playing another game as i was waiting to queue in. but i like the fact that i have to queue. large numbers = very popular game at launch
  • Options
    magisruzzmagisruzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    I was just over dramatizing the situation for effect. I know they don't hate us but it is still quite unfair that we are being put in a queue with people who did not spend any money supporting the game.

Who's to say us free players won't support the game? Founder's paid in advance, that doesn't mean that EVERY founder supported the game more than every free player. I may end up spending way more than $60 over the time I play this game (as well as a lot of other free players) yet these forums seem to like to make people who didn't buy the OPTIONAL founder's packs feel like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

You basically paid for a product before it was even finished, yet are genuinely surprised that things are going wrong.

However, I agree that they did promise those who dropped the cheddar priority in queue, and that doesn't seem to be happening.
  • Options
    corymncorymn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Loool my position on queue is 7700 LOL
  • Options
    saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
    edited April 2013
    my queues is .... instance access.... i think or hope
  • Options
    saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
    edited April 2013
    nevermind its number 2
  • Options
    cragarioncragarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    guchoo wrote: »
    that queue...
    5k people waiting,and its almost impossible to get in game anymore without waiting like 1 week in queue but if u buy that 200 dollars of craaaap you can get in without waiting queue ..ehh :rolleyes:

Wrong i'm a founder and I cant even get into the queue :(.
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    magisruzz wrote: »
    Who's to say us free players won't support the game? Founder's paid in advance, that doesn't mean that EVERY founder supported the game more than every free player. I may end up spending way more than $60 over the time I play this game (as well as a lot of other free players) yet these forums seem to like to make people who didn't buy the OPTIONAL founder's packs feel like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

You basically paid for a product before it was even finished, yet are genuinely surprised that things are going wrong.

However, I agree that they did promise those who dropped the cheddar priority in queue, and that doesn't seem to be happening.

Down the track you could spend more than me, But that doesn't affect now. We paid to support this game and are being put with the people who as of right now haven't. Things really haven't going wrong other than expected bugs. We were never getting priority queue. It's not a bug, it's just them not caring about us.

We don't want anything spectacular, Just to be put after HOTN founders.
  • Options
    offblastoffblast Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was 7325 in queue. I looked away, came back, and was 7002 in queue.

Next time I came back, I was 26268 in queue.

What the balls?
  • Options
    cambraaacambraaa Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cambraaa wrote: »
    Its Open Beta not even official launch, your lucky to have even the opportunity to play it right now. You need to relax and understand that beta servers aren't meant to handle this many people.

You don't have a right to complain especially considering this is what a beta is for, to work out issues and kinks.

Chill.

You don't think someone who payed 200$ should be able to bypass a queu? Doesn't mean you have to play the game. Just makes it easier for people to get their moneys worth.

This^^^^^^^