test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guess it has become Buy to play ....

guchooguchoo Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
that queue...
5k people waiting,and its almost impossible to get in game anymore without waiting like 1 week in queue but if u buy that 200 dollars of craaaap you can get in without waiting queue ..ehh :rolleyes:
If you want peace,prepare for war!
Post edited by guchoo on

Comments

• Options
    daltaren2daltaren2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If its craaap then leave. There's enough whining here as is.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    guchoo wrote: »
    that queue...
    5k people waiting,and its almost impossible to get in game anymore without waiting like 1 week in queue but if u buy that 200 dollars of craaaap you can get in without waiting queue ..ehh :rolleyes:

I predict within 10 years gaming will be "pay per transfered byte".
  • Options
    gokkstergokkster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought the whole point of sharding or instancing was to avoid queues in the first place? Why is the game so heavily instanced then? Oh and the guild wars 1 model without open world sucks bad :|
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    The wait should not be too long. The abnormally high and fluctuating numbers are a display issue, and we’re working on a fix.
  • Options
    giantsnygiantsny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As someone who bought the guardian pack and also can't get into the game, why are you complaining?
  • Options
    sassiangelsassiangel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10
    edited April 2013
    The wait should not be too long. The abnormally high and fluctuating numbers are a display issue, and we’re working on a fix.

Dude i've been sitting at 5k+ for over an hour now and yet you say its not that long of a wait...SERIOUSLY O.o Please don't lie I prefer you just tell me the truth rather than lie...I might not like the truth but I handle it better.
  • Options
    bollderebolldere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guys they had to throttle back the servers to do some repair, they didn't anticipate this many people getting on im sure for the open beta. What I have played of the game, it's really tight, plays well and is fun so far.
  • Options
    naviernavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    Too long i sat in login queue for 1 hour 15 minutes.
  • Options
    raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I've been in queue for over 30 minutes now - is that what you consider not too long?

I know you've got capacity issues with the influx of players but shouldn't you have some sort of plan in place to increase capacity or something?
  • Options
    karinthkarinth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Be happy you can even get in. I played the game for a bit then had to leave. When I got back I hit login, with the correct information, all it does is crash. I have done a clean install again and still the same issue.
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Why do you hate Guardian pack owners?
  • Options
    nochanceznochancez Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i've been in queue for about 2 hours now. lowest number i've seen is 1800 then highest i've been is 17k
  • Options
    mordiaken22mordiaken22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i've been in the queue for over 1hr got down to 4700 people in front of me then jumped back to 22k.
    did that more than once while i was waiting.
  • Options
    brindledbrindled Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    some of you act like you've never seen a game launch before. many games, even non-f2p, have trouble the first few days. try exerting a little patience.
  • Options
    dendrobates0825dendrobates0825 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    Why do you hate Guardian pack owners?
    why do you say they hate you?
  • Options
    bluebacker63bluebacker63 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Within 2 weeks there will be minimal to no queues....... It's pretty normal to have a big rush on opening day. Good for PWE and good for D&D!
  • Options
    mjperkinsmjperkins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The wait should not be too long. The abnormally high and fluctuating numbers are a display issue, and we
    Recruitment Officer for
    End Game PvE Guild
    Recruitment Status: Open; Limited
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

lumped in queue with FTP players, I know we didn't spend the 200 you guys did but we still spent something to support the game. Priority after you guys is all we want.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I never played a MMO at launch that had no queues in the first few days and weeks. In SW:TOR I had paid for the box and I had 6-7 hours queues for a week. In Diablo 3, which was not even a MMO, I waited 3-5 hours in the first week. If this is your first launch week of a successful MMO, I understand why it is off-putting. But it is really normal and not a mark of poor quality. It is just temporary.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Because $200 trumps $60 when it comes to getting to the front of the queue to enter the game I assume.
  • Options
    mjperkinsmjperkins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The wait should not be too long. The abnormally high and fluctuating numbers are a display issue, and we
    Recruitment Officer for
    End Game PvE Guild
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Quit the charade. You advertised the $200 pack in the PWE status update regarding this issue.
    Recruitment Officer for
    End Game PvE Guild
  • Options
    frozentreatsfrozentreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Your whining is moot, Founders can't get in either. The launcher can't find the Patch server atm. Nowhere to even enter my login creds, the launcher keeps failing.
  • Options
    karinthkarinth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am glad I am not the only one with that issue.
  • Options
    frozentreatsfrozentreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Persistence pays off, eventually it connected. patching now.
  • Options
    cambraaacambraaa Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its Open Beta not even official launch, your lucky to have even the opportunity to play it right now. You need to relax and understand that beta servers aren't meant to handle this many people.

You don't have a right to complain especially considering this is what a beta is for, to work out issues and kinks.

Chill.

You don't think someone who payed 200$ should be able to bypass a queu? Doesn't mean you have to play the game. Just makes it easier for people to get their moneys worth.
  • Options
    dendrobates0825dendrobates0825 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    lumped in queue with FTP players, I know we didn't spend the 200 you guys did but we still spent something to support the game. Priority after you guys is all we want.
    I can understand your frustration and even sympathize with you but I don't think they did it because they "hate" you. Besides, when everyone loses interest in the game the priority queue access will be worthless.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    So you're saying it's pointless to even try to login at the moment?

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2013
    guchoo wrote: »
    that queue...

Purchase the HoTN then, or quit your crying, you get to play for free.

Edit: I'm stuck in queue too, time to do laundry, cut the grass, dig a hole, whatever...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I can understand your frustration and even sympathize with you but I don't think they did it because they "hate" you. Besides, when everyone loses interest in the game the priority queue access will be worthless.

I was just over dramatizing the situation for effect. I know they don't hate us but it is still quite unfair that we are being put in a queue with people who did not spend any money supporting the game.